2017 leftwing violence
"We can’t just do rallies, we have to fight back. There will be casualties on both sides. There will be because people have to die to make a change in this world."
Trump supporters were the victims of numerous targeted attacks, brutal violence, and hate crimes. A tech company corporate CEO threatened to murder Donald Trump. The brutal and disturbing anti-Trump hate crimes (or hate crimes closely related to Trump's election) continued to occur into the next year. Democrat leaders, Obama and the Clinton machine refused to condemn the hate and violence. Ads for paid protesters appeared on Craigslist. Many of these protests were likely organized and coordinated, as many protestors were bused in by Coach buses.
Liberal media bias and fake news that demonized conservatives and Republicans played a role in the increase in left-wing violence against conservatives. Much of the violence was directed against Trump supporters. The Pew Research Center found in 2017 that 47% thought that their friendships would be in danger if that friend voted for Trump, while only 13% of Republicans thinking the same thing about a friend who supported Clinton, something confirmed by Harvard Law Professor Adrian Vermeule.
According to a June 2017 Rasmussen Reports survey, 76% of Americans feared political violence.
- At least 217 violent protesters were arrested in Washington D.C. on President Trump's inauguration day.
- Democrat Vice Presidential candidate Tim Kaine appeared on MSNBC calling for members of his party to "fight in Congress, fight in the courts, fight in the streets, fight online, fight at the ballot box.”
- Four Chicago gangstas were charged with hate crimes for kidnapping and beating a mentally disabled white student and live streaming video on Facebook forcing the victim to repeat anti-Trump taunts.
- Madonna, a person with the economic resources to pose a viable threat, publicly stated, "I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House." The Secret Service decided to investigate her due to her threat. The claimed the comment was a metaphor.
- Pro-Trump demonstrator knocked out at protest.
- A Trump supporter was attacked after putting out a fire started by anti-Trump protesters.
- When Trump protesters encountered a driver with a pro-Trump flag on his car, they surrounded the vehicle, ripped off and began burning the flag, and pounded the car. They also punctured on the tires.
- It was reported in early February 2017 that 12,000 tweets had called for Trump's assassination since his inauguration.
- California GOP Rep. Tom McClintock had to be escorted to his car after a town hall because of angry protesters. The tires of at least four vehicles were slashed.
- Protestors knocked a 71-year-old female staffer for California GOP Rep. Dana Rohrabacher unconscious during a protest outside the representative’s office.
- Milo Yiannopoulos speech at the University of California-Berkeley was canceled after rioters set the campus on fire and threw rocks through windows. Milo tweeted that one of his supporters wearing a Trump hat was thrown to the ground and kicked.
- Democrat Vice Presidential candidate Tim Kaine's son, Linwood Kaine, was charged with “fleeing police on foot, concealing his identity in a public place, and obstructing legal process,” after a masked group he was with threw smoke bombs into a pro-Trump rally in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Masked protesters at Middlebury College rushed AEI scholar and political scientist Charles Murray and professor Allison Stanger, pushing and shoving Murray and grabbing Stranger by her hair and twisting her neck as they were leaving a campus building. Stranger suffered a concussion. Protesters then surrounded the car they got into, rocking it back and forth and jumping on the hood.
- Fears of violent protests shut down Ann Coulter’s UC Berkeley speech. Campus police had gathered intel on protesters who were planning to commit violence.
- A parade in Portland, Ore., was canceled after threats of violence were made against a Republican organization.
- Director of BuzzFeed wishes for Donald Trump's murder.
- CNN host Kathy Griffen posed for a photo and video shoot with an ISIS-style decapitated head of the president.
- Republican Rep. Tom Garrett, his family and his dog were targeted by a series of repeated death threats deemed credible by authorities.
- FBI agents arrested a person for threatening to shoot Republican Rep. Martha McSally over her support for Trump.
- Police in Tennessee charged a woman for allegedly trying to run Republican Rep. David Kustoff off the road.
- Police in North Dakota ejected a man after he became physical with Republican Rep. Kevin Cramer at a town hall.
- Rapper SnoopDog simulates shooting President Trump in a video.
- A former professor was arrested after police said they identified him on video beating Trump supporters with a U-shaped bike lock, leaving three people with “significant injuries.”
- Congressmen Steve Scalise and five others shot by rabid anti-Trump activist and former Bernie Sanders volunteer prior to a congressional charitable event. He had a list of names of the Republican lawmakers he wanted to murder. Just three days before the shooting, Huffington Post published an article that called for prosecuting and executing President Trump, saying that impeaching the president was not enough to appease the liberal author. After the shooting, a Democrat strategist created the hashtag #HuntRepublicanCongressmen and voiced hate statements against Republicans.
- Republican Rep. Claudia Tenney received an email threat that read, “One down, 216 to go,” shortly after the shooting at the Republican congressional baseball practice.
- Suspicious packages with a white powder and threatening letters were sent to Karen Handel, a GOP congressional candidate, and her neighbors days before a special election.
- Former conservative presidential candidate in France, a woman, was left knocked out and unconscious in the street by a male opposition supporter while campaigning in French parliamentary elections.
- New York Times sponsored a Shakespeare in Park production that features the bloody assassination of the lead character made up in the likeness of President Trump.
- An Antifa website encouraged physical violence against Trump supporters, capitalists and others who hold conservative-leaning views.
- It was reported that assaults on border patrol agents nearly doubled in the first part of 2017 compared to 2016.
- Michael Chabon, a novelist who won the Pulitzer Prize, stated his hope that President Trump would suffer from a "massive stroke."
- Johnny Depp made jokes about assassinating the president. He later apologized. Democrat congressional leaders did not respond to a request to comment on and disavow Depp's comments.
- Marcella Arguello, a writer for Bill Nye's Bill Nye Saves The World Netflix show, wrote on Twitter that the deaths of "a few old a** conservative white men" would be worth it if it led to gun control.
- California lawmakers received death threats from left-wing activists after they put on hold plans to institute "universal" government healthcare in the state.
- Antifa rioters beat and bloody Trump supporters in Philadelphia.
- Thousands of left-wing, anti-capitalist, and anti-Trump extremists protested at the G-20 conference in Hamburg, causing riots and clashing with police. They set up street barricades, looted supermarkets, attacked police with weapons such as petrol bombs, and they burned cars, among other acts of violence and vandalism. U.S. First Lady Melania Trump was unable to leave her residence in the city due to violent protests. By the second day of the summit, 160 police officers were injured and reinforcements had to be called in. Through the third night of violence, 476 police officers had been injured. A major German newspaper, Die Welt, referred to the riots as "the new fascist violence of the left." A total of 476 police officers were injured during the riots. The German Special Police Forces Saxony chief, Sven Mewes, stated he had never seen such violence in his over 30 years of experience.
- GOP Senator Dean Heller received a death threat by someone telling him to oppose the GOP's ObamaCare repeal effort.
- Pro-Trump singer Joy Villa received death threats and hate mail for her support of the president.
- Video emerges of mob beating Chicago man while yelling 'don't vote Trump'. Fox News. November 10, 2016. Retrieved November 11, 2016.
- Facebook Live attack the latest in string of anti-Trump assaults. Fox News. January 5, 2017. Retrieved January 6, 2017.
- Harper, Jennifer (June 15, 2017). Expert identifies top media lies ‘that radicalized the violent left’. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- Clark, Alex (June 18, 2017). A Year of Hate: 9 Times the Radicalized Left Engaged in Violence in the Trump Era. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- Kew, Ben (July 21, 2017). Study: Nearly Half of Liberals Feel Disdain for Trump Supporters, Conservatives Far More Tolerant. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 21, 2017.
- Williams, Thomas D. (July 22, 2017). Harvard Law Professor: ‘White Liberal College Graduates’ Are ‘the Least Tolerant’. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 22, 2017.
- Harper, Jennifer (June 19, 2017). 76% of Americans now fear ‘political violence’. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- Weber, Joseph (January 20, 2017). Hundreds of protesters arrested in Inauguration Day clashes. Fox News. Retrieved March 31, 2017.
- Noble, Andrea; McDermott, Ryan M. (January 20, 2017). D.C. police report 217 arrested during Inauguration Day riots. The Washington Times. Retrieved March 31, 2017.
- Daley, Kevin (January 23, 2017). Madonna Said She Thought Of Blowing Up The White House. Is That Illegal? The Daily Caller. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- Nussbaum, Daniel (January 22, 2017). Report: Secret Service to Investigate Madonna for ‘Blowing Up the White House’ Comment. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- Michael, Tom (January 23, 2017). Madonna claims her threats to ‘blow up the White House’ were just a metaphor as Secret Service investigates foul-mouthed rant at anti-Trump protest. The Sun. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- More than 12,000 tweets have called for Trump's assassination since the inauguration. Daily Mail. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- Ciccotta, Tom (February 1, 2017). MILO Berkeley Event Evacuated as Masked Protesters Light Fires, Storm Venue. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 26, 2017.
- Scalise shooter James Hodgkinson had list of Republican lawmakers' names. Fox News. June 16, 2017. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- Ernst, Douglas (June 15, 2017). HuffPo scrubs ‘ultimate punishment’ Trump piece after Scalise, GOP shooting. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 17, 2017.
- Shaw, Adam (June 17, 2017). Dem Strategist James Devine Launches Hashtag #HuntRepublicanCongressmen After Steve Scalise Shooting. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 18, 2017.
- Chasmar, Jessica (June 21, 2017). Dem strategist behind #HuntRepublicans tweets about Handel victory: ‘Time for hunting’. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 22, 2017.
- Cheong, Ian Miles (June 19, 2017). Antifa Website Encourages ‘All Manner of Physical Violence’ Against Trump Supporters and Capitalists. Heat Street. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- Dinan, Stephen (June 21, 2017). Assaults on Border Patrol agents surge as immigration debate heats up. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 21, 2017.
- Klein, Aaron (June 22, 2017). WATCH – Pulitzer-Winning Novelist Michael Chabon Expresses ‘Hope’ that Trump Has ‘Massive Stroke’. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 22, 2017.
- Chasmar, Jessica (June 22, 2017). Pulitzer winner Michael Chabon says he wakes up ‘every day’ hoping Trump suffers ‘massive stroke’. The Washington Times. Retrieved June 22, 2017.
- Johnny Depp talks about assassinating Trump. Fox News. June 22, 2017. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- Greenwood, Max (June 23, 2017). Johnny Depp apologizes for Trump assassination comment. The Hill. Retrieved June 23, 2017.
- Starr, Penny (June 24, 2017). Pelosi, Schumer, Other Democrats Silent on Johnny Depp’s Remarks on Assassinating Trump. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- Bokhari, Allum (June 24, 2017). Bill Nye Show Writer Ready to Accept Deaths of ‘Old Ass Conservative White Men’ If It Sparks Gun Control Debate. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- Hudson, Jerome (June 26, 2017). Rob Reiner Calls for ‘All Out War’ to Resist Trump. Breitbart News. Retrieved June 26, 2017.
- California Dems decry 'bullying,' death threats from the left after shelving health bill. Fox News. July 3, 2017. Retrieved July 3, 2017.
- Cohn, Alicia (July 8, 2017). Violence rocks Hamburg for second night during G20 meetings. The Hill. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- Tomlinson, Chris (July 7, 2017). PICS: Thousands of Leftist Extremists Rampage in G20 ‘Welcome to Hell’ March. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- Easley, Jonathan (July 6, 2017). Police clash with G-20 protesters in Germany. The Hill. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- Deacon, Liam (July 7, 2017). VIDEO: ‘International Left-Wing Extremists’ Leave Hamburg in Flames, 130 Police Injured. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- Anti-G20 activists in extremely violent riot overnight in Hamburg. Fox News. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- Lane, Oliver JJ (July 8, 2017). G20 Pictures: Shops Looted, Firebombs Thrown in Second Night of Hard-Left Rioting in Hamburg. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- Chasmar, Jessica (July 7, 2017). Melania Trump stuck at Hamburg residence amid G-20 violence. The Washington Times. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- Moons, Michelle (July 7, 2017). As Protests Rage in Hamburg, Melania Trump Stuck in Guest House. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- G-20 protests: Hamburg police call in more officers on 2nd day of demonstrations. Fox News. July 7, 2017. Retrieved July 7, 2017.
- Activists riot against G-20 summit for 3rd night in Hamburg. Fox News. July 9, 2017. Retrieved July 9, 2017.
- Tomlinson, Chris (July 8, 2017). Head of Major German Paper Denounces ‘Left-Wing Fascism’ at G20 Summit. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 8, 2017.
- Tomlinson, Chris (July 11, 2017). G20: 500 Police Injured In Protests CNN Called ‘Eclectic’. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 11, 2017.
- Tominson, Chris (July 14, 2017). German Police Chief on G20 Protests: ‘I have Never Experienced Such Violence’. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 14, 2017.
- Kew, Ben (July 18, 2017). GOP Senator Receives Death Threat to Oppose Obamacare Repeal. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- Starnes, Todd (July 17, 2017). Pro-Trump singer gets death threats. Fox News. Retrieved July 18, 2017.
- Attacks On Trump Supporters
- Got jumped and sliced up with a knife at a Trump rally by some Clinton supporters
- Huston, Warner Todd (June 30, 2017). Acts of Terror: A History of Left-Wing Political Violence in America. Breitbart News.
- Nussbaum, Daniel; Hudson, Jerome (June 14, 2017). 15 Times Celebrities Envisioned Violence Against Trump and the GOP. Breitbart News.