9/12 Candidates is an American political blog organization (launched on 23 March 2009) made up of only volunteers, publishing news and opinion from a conservative point of view. It functions as a discussion forum and group blog for a variety of netroots activists, whose efforts are primarily directed toward locating and promoting conservative candidates that have committed themselves to a morally binding contract to represent their constituents and uphold the 9 principles and 12 values listed below. These candidates represent the political ideology of the more than 661,000 members of the 9/12 Movement. On may May 12, 2009 Glenn Beck became aware of the organization, wishing it luck, and offering to host debates for candidates.
The 9/12 Candidate Contract
- America Is Good.
- I believe in God and He is the Center of my Life.
- I must always try to be a more honest person than I was yesterday.
- The family is sacred. My spouse and I are the ultimate authority, not the government.
- If you break the law you pay the penalty. Justice is blind and no one is above it.
- I have a right to life, liberty and pursuit of happiness, but there is no guarantee of equal results.
- I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable.
- It is not un-American for me to disagree with authority or to share my personal opinion.
- The government works for me. I do not answer to them, they answer to me. *
*For the contract this has been reworded from the representatives perspective to read: “ The government works for the people. The people do not answer to the government, the government answers to the people.“
- Hard Work
- Personal Responsibility
|Alabama||Alaska||Arizona||S, R, M & D||Arkansas||California||CS|
|Kansas||Kentucky||CG, DS||Louisiana||Maine||Maryland||R, C & S|
|Montana||Nebraska||Nevada||New Hampshire||New Jersey|
|New Mexico||J||New York||North Carolina||LL||North Dakota||Ohio|
|Oklahoma||DK, CM||Oregon||Pennsylvania||DM, WR||Rhode Island||South Carolina||LL|