The APA, or American Psychological Association, "makes resolutions and public policy statements on issues for which there is little or inadequate science." According to newsmagazine Newsweek the APA represents psychotherapists without medical degrees and in 2006 had 150,000 members.
- American Psychiatric Association
- Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (conservative doctor's association)
- American Medical Association
- Types of therapists
- "Destructive Trends in Mental Health: The Well-Intentioned Path to Harm" - book review
- Jerry Adler (March 26, 2006 7:00 PM). Freud in Our Midst. newsweek.com. Retrieved on December 25, 2013. “The American Psychological Association, which represents psychotherapists without medical degrees, has 150,000 members.”