Aggressor (AMc-63) was renamed Advance (q.v.) on 23 May 1941 just over one month following the laying of her keel.
(AMc-64: dp. 185; 1. 97'1"; b. 22'0"; dr. 9'0"; s. 10.0 k.; cpl. 17; a. 2 .50-cal. mg.; cl. Accentor)
Aggressor (AMc-64) was laid down at Greenport, Long Island, N.Y., on 15 April 1941 by the Greenport Basin & Construction Co. as Alliance (AMc-64); renamed Aggressor on 23 May 1941; launched on 19 July 1941; sponsored by Mrs. Arthur M. Van De Water; and placed in service at the New York Navy Yard on 24 October 1941, Lt. (jg.) P. C. Cherry, USNR, in charge.
The coastal minesweeper completed fitting out at Brooklyn and, at the end of the first week in November, moved south to Norfolk, Va. For the next 31 months, Aggressor served with the mine sweeping and patrol forces attached to the 5th Naval District. Near the middle of May 1944, she was reassigned to the 1st Naval District and operated from the naval frontier base located at Portland, Maine. In June 1945, she returned south to Norfolk but remained there only until late July at which time she moved farther south to Charleston, S.C. She remained at that port until placed out of service on 28 December 1945. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 21 January 1946, and she was sold on 3 March 1947 to Mr. Lloyd Lambert, of Baltimore, Md., for scrapping.
- Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships