Ahmed Mohamed, also known as "Clock Boy" is a 14-year-old Sudanese-Muslim student who rose to fame after a staged photo went viral. The mainstream media immediately presented a narrative of unjust racism and "Islamophobia" undertaken against a child, much alike their reporting of Trayvon Martin [see George Zimmerman] and "Gentle Giant" Michael Brown. This took place on September 16, 2015; however, what followed showed the incident was likely a hoax perpetrated by Mohamed's father, Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed. Much the norm, the progressive media refuse to abandon their account continuing rather dishonestly Ahmed Mohamed was a victim of "Islamophobia" even after more righteous media discovered the truth.
How it happened? In a NASA T-shirt Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed asked his son be handcuffed by the Irving Police Department for photography, they politely complied. One of these photos was then tweeted by Anil Dash going viral.
The media resent law enforcement and Texas. But their Texas-sized hostile disdain reached unprecedented levels especially toward the Dallas metropolitan during May 2015 following an attempted massacre at an art exhibition held by Pamela Geller and Geert Wilders which exposed Islam lacks compatibility with freedom of speech while supporting murder. Consequently, fundamentalist Islam is contradictory to American core values and a severe threat to America's hard-earned prosperity and as with the media seeks to imperil both. Also, George W. Bush and Glenn Beck reside there which leftists cannot tolerate.
In this incident the media sought to further portray Texans as bigots while conferring special victim status to grievance-seeking Muslims.
FatherIn April 2011, the Washington Post took note of Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed. He has run and lost twice as candidate in Sudan's presidential elections. He went on a vacation to Florida where he also took part in Terry Jones’s trial of the Koran and its later burning. A trial and burning Obama pleaded not take place because Islamists as usual would become angry and start murdering and destroying things.
"Elhassan, a native of the Sudan who is now an American citizen, likes to call himself a sheik. He wears a cleric’s flowing white robes and claims hundreds of followers throughout Egypt, Sudan and in the United States. But he is unknown as a scholar or holy man in the state he has called home for two decades. Religious leaders in Texas say they have never heard of Elhassan, including the imam at the mosque where he worships. “This so-called leader, we have never heard of this person,” said Imam Zia ul Haque Sheikh, the head of the Islamic Center of Irving. “I believe the whole thing is made up.”
Pamela Geller pointed out Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed debated Robert Spencer in May 2011 in order to establish fame and credibility for himself. However the media refuses to acknowledge New York Times best-selling author of The Complete Infidel’s Guide to ISIS since they dislike his work on Islam.
Eldest siblingUnder non-Shariah law school confidentiality records are not permitted for release without consent, though intelligence concerning Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed's family has emerged, two of his offspring report being falsely accused of bomb-related activities.
“I got suspended from school for three days from this stupid same district, from this girl saying I wanted to blow up the school, something I had nothing to do with.”
“I got suspended and I didn’t do anything about it and so when I heard about Ahmed, I was so mad because it happened to me and I didn’t get to stand up, so I’m making sure he’s standing up because it’s not right. So I’m not jealous, I’m kinda like—it’s like he’s standing for me.”
Ahmed Mohamed placed the internals of a digital alarm clock within a Vaultz pencil case (the size and shape of a briefcase) he claimed as an "invention" and brought to MacArthur High School a part of the Irving Independent School District. He first showed this "invention" to his engineering teacher who instructed he put away knowing it would be mistaken by most as a bomb, then Ahmed took his "invention" to English class and programmed the alarm to beep. His English teacher sent Ahmed to the principal's office who called the Irving Police. The police knew Ahmed's "invention" wasn't an actual bomb even though the mainstream media pretended otherwise to assert the Irving Police are incompetent. However less leftist media pointed out the police arrested Ahmed because making a hoax bomb thereby causing panic or a provocation to an official response by law enforcement officers is illegal in Texas.
Though Ahmed and the media believe otherwise the term invent was not applicable nor was swapping internals of a digital clock into a pencil case ingenious for a 14-year-old boy. Obama did not bother to inform Ahmed "You didn't build that".
Before any facts were available under the hashtag #IStandWithAhmed progressives made known how upset they were about alleged racial profiling and "Islamaphobia". Barack Hussein Obama (Twitter), Hillary Clinton (Twitter), and Mark Zuckerburg (Facebook) lent their support, a random astronaut Chris Hadfield moved by Mohammed's NASA T-shirt also tweeted his thoughts. On Facebook, homosexual activist and Democratic party fundraiser George Takei who played a character on the 60's Star Trek likened Japanese war internment camps with "Islamaphobia". On September 16, illiberal elected by Twin Cities' Somalian refugee population, Muslim congressman Keith Ellison brought an analog clock to Capitol Hill. On September 29, in Lower Manhattan's New York City Hall progressive mayor Bill de Blasio declared “Ahmed Day” near where Islamists destroyed the Twin Towers shamelessly ignoring extremist Islam created a more dangerous and less peaceful America.
However except for the most ardent progressives left-wing reactionary support and outrage ended once the truth could no longer be suppressed, currently in the typical leftist manner Democrats choose to ignore the matter.
Irving mayorMayor Beth Van Duyne disclosed since Ahmed is a classified under United States laws as a juvenile his police and school records are sealed. Ahmed's parents have declined to both records.
"The family has been non-responsive to their requests to sign off that they can release that information,” “So right now, we’re waiting to hear back from the parents that we can release that information and have transparency out in the public.”
Texas Municipal Patrolman's AssociationThe President of the Texas Municipal Patrolman's Association, after speaking with the officers involved and Irving Police Chief, concluded it was a hoax bomb stating
"I think his intent was to see how far he could get with the device and to see what kind of alarmant [sic] he could get".
- Internals: 1986 Radio Shack Micronta digital alarm clock, model 63-765
- Externals: Vaultz pencil case* ^
- * unlike typical children's pencil case, the Vaultz case may have been chosen for maximal effect with the greatest odds of being mistaken for a bomb, it resembles a miniature briefcase
- ^ A Micronta digital clock was used in the 1985 bombing of two Air India 747 aircraft killing 329.
- 09/17, reverse engineered Artvoice
- 09/18, analysis conducted by Thomas Talbot YouTube
- 09/18, 20 second assembly YouTube
- 09/18, Bill Maher and Mark Cuban YouTube: Real Time with Bill Maher Mediaite
- 09/20, Richard Dawkins' tweets The Blaze
- 09/21, White YouTuber, Homemade Bomb/Clock (Social Experiment) YouTube
- 09/23, Students Say Ahmed's Clock Looks Like Bomb YouTube Townhall.com
- 09/25, Bill Maher YouTube: Real Time with Bill Maher Mediaite
- 09/25, Hitler discovers fraud YouTube
Truth revealed timeline
- 9/16, Ian Tuttle http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/ahmed-mohamed-clock-bomb-ian-tuttle/
- 9/16, Robert Spencer http://pjmedia.com/blog/barack-obamas-half-clocked-tale-of-islamophobia/
- 9/17, Pamela Geller http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/17/ahmed-mohamed-and-the-islamophobia-clock/
- 9/17, Kevin D. Williamson http://www.nationalreview.com/article/424202/ahmed-mohamed-clock/
- 9/18, Ben Shapiro http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/18/real-story-istandwithahmed/
- 9/19, Kyle Smith http://nypost.com/2015/09/19/how-ahmeds-clock-became-a-false-convenient-tale-of-racism/
- 9/21, J.D. Gordon, http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/21/did-america-get-trolled-by-ahmed-and-his-clock/
- 9/22, Ian Tuttle http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/ahmed-mohamed-clock-bomb-media-narrative-ian-tuttle/
- 9/22, IBD editorials http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/092215-772291-did-muslim-clock-boy-perpetrate-hoax.htm
- 9/23, Daniel Payne http://thefederalist.com/2015/09/23/6-unanswered-questions-about-ahmed-mohameds-clock/
- 9/28, John Lott http://dailycaller.com/2015/09/28/on-ahmeds-clock-president-obama-once-again-spoke-too-soon/