Am Govt Homework 1 Answers - Student Eight
1. It is important to participate with politics because politics effects the future of the United States. Presidents, congressmen, who have make discussions for the people, are elected by all who choose to take part in the election.
- "affects", not "effects". The second sentence is not well-written, but is substantively correct. Good answer.
2. The first three articles of the constitution establish Congress and the Legislative Branch, Presidency and the Executive Branch and Judiciary and U.S Supreme Court. Article II establishes the executive Branch and has 4 sections.
3. Article II, section 1, clause 5 states that only naturally born American citizens can become the president of the United States.
- Correct again.
4. Mitt Romney dedicated specific portions of his speech to the identification of women, such as “I knew that her [Mitt Romney's wife Ann's] job as a mom was harder than mine. And I knew without question, that her job as a mom was a lot more important than mine.”
- OK, but an example in addition to what the lecture said would have been better.
- Missing a fifth answer. (-10)
7. Gerrymandering is the dividing of a state or county to give one political party the advantage of winning.
- Correct, but incomplete. (-2) See the next lecture.
9. Politics are different from History because history is about past events and time periods, politics determine the future.
- OK, but the question asked for an example. (-3)
- Total score: 55/70.--Andy Schlafly 20:46, 13 September 2012 (EDT)