Am Govt Homework 1 Answers - Student Four
Homework for Lecture One
1. Participating in politics is very important. When someone is not involved, they cannot voice their opinions about bills they do not want to pass. The Government was set in place to govern us and take care of the country and the people, not rule our lives. When people do not participate in politics, they are letting themselves be controlled by a government that was founded by the people and for the people. Those who do not take any action for the country by being involved in politics show that they do not care what happens to the country.
- Excellent answer!
2. The first three articles of the United States Constitution
A. Article 3 forms the Judicial Branch of the federal government, consisting of the Supreme Court and other lower courts as created by Congress. B. Article 2 creates the executive branch of the government, composed of the president, vice-president, and other officers chosen by the president. C. Article 3 forms the Judicial Branch of the federal government, consisting of the Supreme Court and other lower courts as created by Congress.
Article II establishes the authority for the executive branch. There are four sections in this article.
- Your answer missed Article I - the legislative branch. Note that Roman numerals (I, II, III, etc.) are used when referring to the Article. Score: 7/10.
3. Article II, Section 1, Clause 5 clearly states that only a natural born citizen may become president of the United States.
5. If a policeman pulls over a car on the New Jersey Turnpike, that officer likely works for the state of New Jersey. Other examples of government workers are teachers and those involved in the military. Teachers work for state government, while soldiers work for the federal government.
- Close, but teachers actually work for local government, though some funding is from the state. Superintendents of schools can be fired by local school boards. You're right about whom soldiers work for. Score: 9/10.
6. As of right now, things look like the election will turn out more like 1948. Just like that election, Mitt Romney doesn’t seem to connect with people as well as Obama can, even though Romney is obviously the better choice.
- Good analysis.
- Good start - 46/50.--Andy Schlafly 20:47, 12 September 2012 (EDT)