American History Homework Thirteen Answers - Student 29
1. What is your favorite period of time in American history, and why?: My favorite period of history would probably be the gilded age. There were many inventions that had been created during that time and it was a major step of growth for America.
2. Contrast President Ronald Reagan with President Bill Clinton: Both presidents are extremely different. Ronald Reagan was an extremely good leader, which made him quite popular. Bill Clinton on the other hand, was a poor leader and never won even 50% of the vote.
- Good, but I wouldn't emphasize popularity so much. Jesus was very unpopular most of the time. The truth is not always popular. If a leader is being popular then he may not really be leading.
3. What would you say is the most important trend or trends guiding American history?: I think that religion is the most important trend. The US has pretty much ruled out God in most things, such as public schools and even in the court houses. I'm surprised God is still used in the pledge of allegiance. The government is trying to control and lead America instead of letting God take control.
- Superb, and may use as a model answer!
4. What is the most important threat to the future of America? Cite history to support your view: Well i think that there have been many important threats. But the most current one that i can think of would be 9/11. I think that since it was so current Americans remember it better, and realize the danger that is within the world and how easily something like that can happen again and affect America and its future.
- Excellent, using this as the model!
5. Do you see a connection between culture and success for a nation? Give an example from history (e.g., period of time) to support your view: I definitely see a connection. For example the 1920's. It was a time where people enjoyed themselves and spent their money carelessly not worrying about what the outcome could become, which was one of the reasons for the great depression.
6. Describe two of the greatest achievements of Ronald Reagan: Ronald Reagan had more then just two great achievements, so its hard to say which were the best. I think one of my favorites would be The Strategic Defense Initiative. It was setup in 1984 within the United States Department Of Defense. Another great achievement of his would be lowering taxes.
- Excellent again! (note that it should be "more than," not "more then")
7. Explain during which century you think this map was drawn, and comment how America's achievements may have met or exceeded the expectations of the cartographer or other people of his time: This map was drawn by Sebastian Munster a German cartographer in 1550. I think that America has exceeded the expectations of the cartographer.
- Correct, could explain a bit more why you feel that way.
- Terrific, perfect answers! Superb finish to your excellent work the entire course! 70/70. Congratulations!--aschlafly 09:49, 21 December 2008 (EST)