American History Homework Twelve Answers - Student Seven
American History Homework Twelve Answers
--<3 Jess <3 16:48, 10 December 2008 (EST)
1. USA + USSR mid-1940s to the early 1990s
- Absolutely correct.
2. The Korean war and the Vietnam war
- Correct again ... but incomplete. The question asked for a bit more. (Minus 1).
3. What impressed me the most about the civil rights movement is how when enough people took initiative and stood against segregation, the government eventually responded. I think that this example should encourage us to stand against abortion, limitations on parent’s rights, and gay marriage.
- Superb. Will use as a model!
4. The "great Society". Johnson tried to eliminate poverty and ended up just upsetting people and it eventually had to be partially repealed.
- Right. Superb again.
5. I like how the 80th Congress lowered taxes ad helping the economy.
6.Martin Luther King Jr.
- Good, could explain why. (Minus 1).
7. Activists. In the late sixties, the Warren court made a decision protecting pornography under free speech.
H1. I believe that it was well founded; he had a religious belief against war.
H2. Debate: Were the 1950s more conservative than today?
As far as moral issues go, such as abortion and gay marriage, I think that 50s were WAY more conservative.
- On those two issues, you're right. Good answer.
H3.The best description of the ERA that I can think of can be summed up in one word -- Evil. The ERA as it is called would have women drafted and same sex bathrooms and the list goes on.
- Superb, could have used as a model.
- Terrific work. 98/100. You're finished the course strongly.--aschlafly 19:11, 13 December 2008 (EST)