American Medical Association
The American Medical Association (AMA) is a non-profit business that garners perhaps 80% of its annual revenue from business activities, including the sale of coding Medicare books and the receipt of advertisements from pharmaceutical companies.
It purports to speak on behalf of physicians when in fact only a small fraction of physicians are dues-paying members. Its politics are increasingly liberal, and President George W. Bush ended a tradition of speeches to the group by United States Presidents.
The AMA was once a critic of partial-birth abortion but now sides with pro-abortion forces. It is a strong supporter of the liberal "hot button" of gun control, even endorsing a full "assault" rifle ban.
- Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (conservative doctor's association)
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- Operation Coffee Cup
- Weixel, Nathaniel (June 12, 2018). AMA endorses assault weapons ban. The Hill. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- Adelmann, Bob (June 18, 2018). American Medical Association Proposes More Anti-Gun “Solutions” at Its Annual Meeting. The New American. Retrieved June 18, 2018.