Anne Arundel County, MD
- This article was last edited in 2011. Some of its information may be outdated.
Anne Arundel County is a county in central Maryland that is bordered by Baltimore and Baltimore County to the north, the Chesapeake Bay to the east, Howard County to the northwest, Prince George's County to the west, and Calvert County to the south.
Anne Arundel County was established during the April session of the Acts of 1650 and was named after the Lady Anne Arundell.
- Median 2000 household income was $61,768 USD
- 2010 census population was 537,656
- Charter form of government since 1964
- County Seat is Annapolis.
- The County Executive is John R. Leopold (R) (2006- )
- The County Sheriff is Ronald S. Bateman (D) (2006- )
- ↑ http://www.msa.md.gov/msa/mdmanual/36loc/an/html/ancoex.html
- ↑ Maryland Maps, from State of Maryland Web site