Anti-Christian sentiment is associated with following phenomena taking place in the society:
- I) Discrimination: Denial of Rights of Christians
- • Violation of freedom of expression
- • Violation of freedom of conscience
- • Violation of parents’ rights with regard to the education of the children[note 1]
- • Violation of the institutional or collective dimension of religious freedom
- • Discriminatory “equality” policies
- II) Intolerance: Marginalization of Christians. Proposition to attack the organized religion was made, for example, by Richard Dawkins, adherent of Militant atheism and proponent of LGBT ideology Sir Elton John who would like to have all organized religion banned.
- • Exclusion of Christians from social and public life
- • Exclusion of Christian symbols from the public
- • Social disadvantages for Christians
- • Incitement, insult or defamation
- • Misrepresentation of Christians in the media through negative stereotyping
- III) Hate Incidents
- • Hate crimes against Christians
- • Hate incidents such as the disruption of services. For example, in 2008 a radical homosexual organization called Bash Back disrupted Sunday services at a Michigan Assemblies of God-affiliated church, throwing fliers, shouting slogans at churchgoers including one that Jesus was homosexual, and kissing each other. The group involved activists dressed in pink and black equipped “with a megaphone, black flags, picket signs and an upside-down pink cross.”
- • Vandalism and desecrations
- "Tony Perkins, President of the Family Research Council shows how everything changes when Same Sex Marriage is legalized. ... In the video, Perkins also speaks with two families who discuss their experiences of same-sex marriage being taught in schools. The first family, the Parkers, explain that their kindergarten son was given a book about homosexuality in a “diversity book bag.” The parents were not given prior notification.The second family, the Wirthlins, tell the story of their seven year old son coming home from school after a teacher read his class the book, “King and King,” in which a prince falls in love with another prince."
- When we went in to the school what we requested is parental notification when these issues are brought up by adults in the school and an option to opt our child out of this type of indoctrination. She object with administrators and they had said that this was not a parental notification issue - and I said: I'm prepared to sit here all night until I see some form of accommodation as parent. The accommodation they gave was to put me the handcuffs and sent me to jail. I couldn't believe that they were willing to arrest my husband at just one parents' notification, we want to raise our Children to know God and to know His truth.
- In a shocking and brazen act of governmental abuse of parental rights, Deerfield High School (DHS) in Deerfield, Illinois, has required fourteen-year-old freshmen to attend a “Straight Gay Alliance Network” (GSA) panel discussion led by “gay” and “lesbian” upperclassmen during a “freshman advisory” class which secretively featured inappropriate discussions of a sexual nature in promotion of high-risk homosexual behaviors. Not only has DHS required that its young and impressionable freshmen be exposed to radical homosexual propaganda, the school has further required that students sign a “confidentiality agreement” promising not to tell anyone – including their own parents – about the discussion....Remarkably, even after the school district’s surreptitious actions were exposed, parents were nonetheless told that they were not welcome to sit in on the “freshman advisory” and were not permitted to have access to materials used in compiling its activist curriculum.
- The Observatory's Report on Intolerance and Discrimination against Christians in Europe, Report 2011. The Observatory on Intolerance and Discrimination against Christians (NGO) (March 19th, 2012).
- Same-sex marriage will impact all families and children, video shows. Catholic News Agency (CNA) (Oct 27, 2008). Retrieved on June 21, 2013.
- Why Your Vote on Marriage Counts. Tony Perkins, President. Family Research Council. 01:45-02:35.
- CWA: School Tells Kids to Hide Pro-‘Gay’ Propaganda From Parents. Concerned Women for America (CWA). Retrieved on June 21, 2013.
- David Berlinski (2009). "Denying Darwin: David Berlinski & Critics", The Deniable Darwin. Seattle, USA: Discovery Institute Press (reprinted from Commentary February 1998 by permission), 109. ISBN 978-0-9790141-2-3. “But a public charge calls for a public response. In 1992, Mr.Dawkins, John Maynard Smith, and I did share a podium at Oxford University. His hands trembling with indignation, Mr. Dawkins proposed to attack the organized religion; I proposed to attack Richard Dawkins; and John Maynard Smith, seeing that it was required, proposed to defend Mr. Dawkins from my attack. ... I have a videotape of our encounter. If he wishes to debate again, Mr. Dawkins need only set the time and the place.”
- Sir Elton: Ban organised religion. BBC News (12 November 2006). Retrieved on 10 February 2013. “Sir Elton John has said he would like to see all organised religion banned and accused it of trying to "turn hatred towards gay people"”
- Abortistas atacan a católicos que defendían la Catedral de San Juan (Abortionists attack defending Catholic Cathedral of San Juan) (Spanish). Retrieved on February 22, 2014.
- Gay activists disrupt Sunday service at Michigan church. CNA (13 November 2008). Retrieved on 11 October 2015. “A homosexual activist group on Sunday disrupted services at a Michigan Assemblies of God-affiliated church, throwing fliers, shouting slogans at churchgoers, and kissing each other. David Williams, communications director at the church and son of its pastor Dave Williams, said their slogans included phrases like “It's OK to be gay” and claims that Jesus was homosexual...”
- John Ritchie (October 21, 2012). Hellish Pro-Abortion Attack on Catholic Cathedral. Retrieved on June 21, 2013. ““The only church that illuminates is the one that burns,” they said. Five hundred pro-abortion women spray painted the walls of the Cathedral, ridiculed the Catholic Church, and attacked a group of Catholics with paint, spittle, insults and blows.The incident took place on Sunday night, October 7 during the 27th National Women’s Conference in Posadas, Argentina when a group of about 500 activists from various feminist groups vented their rage against the Church for its position on abortion and same-sex “marriage.” Although the aggression led to the cancelation of Sunday Masses, hundreds of faithful Catholics, mostly young men, stood at the entrance of the Cathedral, forming a protective prayer chain to prevent its desecration. “Freedom of speech,” “dialogue” and “tolerance” were entirely absent in the scenes that unfolded in front of the Cathedral. Far from it, abortion activists, radical feminists and open homosexual – some, completely undressed – united to chant phrases such as “Church – garbage – you're the dictatorship!” The walls of the Cathedral were vandalized with offensive slurs such as “The only church that illuminates is the one that burns.””