The "Antifa" (short for "Anti-fascist action") is a mob of far-leftists that seek to cause mayhem in the streets of America and Europe. Despite its name, the Antifa movement is itself a fascist and intolerant hate group, even using in its speeches direct quotations from Adolf Hitler.
In the United States, they rose up at the University of California, Berkeley in response to Democrats losing the 2016 U.S. Presidential election. They claim that those individuals that support President Donald Trump and other conservatives are "Nazis". In Europe, they claim that supporters of right-wing, anti-establishment figures such as Marine Le Pen in France or the Alternative for Germany are "fascists" and "Nazis."
They dress in all black, wear black masks to hide their identities and attempt to disrupt rallies that are held in support of Trump. They use pepper spray on unsuspecting people, throw rocks, bricks, bottles and punches, M-80s, march with flags and clubs and commit vandalism and other criminal acts. They are militant, far-Left extremists that are a product of far-Left ideology, education, and funding.
Support from "mainstream" liberalsMany in the leftist mainstream media applaud the Antifa's stance as they align with their #Resist agenda. Facebook permits them to have a page to rally support. Political figures in the U.S. Democrat Party and liberal European parties refuse to condemn their actions. There has been no condemnation of this group or its actions from California Governor Jerry Brown. Berkeley, California mayor Jesse Arreguín (who has ties to far-Left anarchist group By Any Means Necessary) has illegally ordered the city's police department to stand down while Antifa violence unfolds, which has caused a rift between the Berkeley Police and Arreguín. While Antifa tries to proclaim they fight against who they claim are "fascists" (erroneously lumping in the Alt-right and conservatives with legitimate fascists like Nazis and white supremacists), Antifa is, in fact, fascist and Nazi-like themselves in every aspect, being the very thing they claim to fight against. A quote, falsely attributed to Winston Churchill, is still correct in summing up this group of thugs, "When fascism comes to America it will be called anti-fascism."
|“||Antifascist Action focuses on promotional, informative and practical ways of struggle against all authoritarian ideologies and groups promoting any kind of oppression, particularly against Neo-Nazism and right wing radicals.||”|
"Antifa" violence and criminal behavior
- See also: 2017 leftwing violence
In June 2017, an Antifa website encouraged physical violence against Trump supporters, capitalists and others who hold conservative-leaning views.
- Hoft, Jim (April 23, 2017). Far Left Antifa Thugs Riot in Paris After French Election Results Announced. The Gateway Pundit. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- PICS: Violent ‘Anti-Fascist’ March on Le Pen Rally Before French Election. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- French presidential election: Leftist protesters grow violent after results come in. Fox News. April 24, 2017. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- Montgomery, Jack (April 22, 2017). Far-Left Antifa ‘Protestors’ Attack Populist AfD Convention In Germany; Injure Police Officers. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- Anti-Fascists Will Fight Trump’s Fascism in the Streets, TheNation.com
- The Long History of "Nazi Punching" MotherJones.com
- UC Berkeley riots: Violence looms as mayor questioned over ties to extremist group. Fox News. Retrieved April 25, 2017.
- ANTIFA Leftist Group Is Selling Concealed Knives On Their Website For Slicing Conservatives at the Gateway Pundit
- Cheong, Ian Miles (June 19, 2017). Antifa Website Encourages ‘All Manner of Physical Violence’ Against Trump Supporters and Capitalists. Heat Street. Retrieved June 20, 2017.
- Anarchist Extremists: Antifa, Dept of Homeland Security, June 12th, 2017
- European website
- American website not yet live
- Facebook page
- The Shadowy Extremist Group Behind the Anti-Trump Riots