An anvil is a specially shaped and hardened piece of steel (or stone) used by a blacksmith in conjunction with a hammer and other tools to shape and forge metal objects. A typical item that can be made on one is a horseshoe.
- Rawles, James Wesley, Tools for Survival: What You Need to Survive When You’re on Your Own. New York: Plume/Penguin Books, 2015. Released December 30, 2014, 368 pages, ISBN-10: 0452298121, ISBN-13: 978-0452298125, Reviews, Audible.com Audio book, Amazon.com Paperback
- Artist-Blacksmith’s Association of North America (ABANA)
- TEOTWAWKI Blacksmithing for Beginners, by Jodier on The Survival Blog
- Traditional Skills: What Value are You to Other Preppers?, by Blacksmith Tom on the The Survival Blog
- Colonial Williamsburg; "Blacksmith"
- Shady Grove Blacksmith Shop