Atheism and Evolution
Since World War II a majority of the most prominent and vocal defenders of the evolutionary position which employs methodological naturalism have been atheists. The prominent atheist and evolutionist Richard Dawkins claimed that "Darwin made it possible to be an intellectually fulfilled atheist".
The Barna Group found regarding atheism and morality that those who hold to the worldviews of atheism or agnosticism in America were more likely, than theists in America, to look upon the following behaviors as morally acceptable: illegal drug use; excessive drinking; sexual relationships outside of marriage; abortion; cohabitating with someone of opposite sex outside of marriage; obscene language; gambling; pornography and obscene sexual behavior; and engaging in homosexuality/bisexuality.
As far as the methods used to promulgate evolution and atheism, there is a history of using deception.
Furthermore, per capita atheists and agnostics in America give significantly less to charity than theists even when church giving is not counted for theists. Given that atheistic evolutionary thinking has engendered social darwinism and given that the proponents of atheism have no rational basis for morality in their ideology, the immoral views that atheists often hold and the low per capita giving of American atheists is not unpredictable.
- Resources for leaving atheism and becoming a Christian
- Evolution as a secular origins myth
- Atheism and deception
- Atheism and satanic deception
- Theory of evolution
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Multiple references:
- ↑ Multiple references:
- Batten, Don (December 1997). "A Who’s Who of evolutionists". Creation, vol 20, no. 1, p. 32. Retrieved from Creation.com [Creation Ministries International] on May 15, 2015. See Don Batten.
- Sarfati, Jonathan, Ph. D. (1999). "Chapter 1: Facts and bias". Refuting Evolution. Retrieved from Creation.com [Creation Ministries International] on May 15, 2015. See Jonathan Sarfati.
- ↑ Wieland, Carl (December 1, 2006). "Dawkins and eugenics". Creation.com [Creation Ministries International]. Retrieved on May 15, 2015.
- ↑ "Practical outcomes replace biblical principles as the moral standard" (September 10, 2001). Barna Group website/Barna Update. Retrieved on July 19, 2014.