Atheism and academia
In 2001, the atheist and philosopher Quentin Smith declared:
|“||Naturalists [atheists] passively watched as realist versions of theism … began to sweep through the philosophical community, until today perhaps one-quarter or one-third of philosophy professors are theists, with most being orthodox Christians…. God is not 'dead' in academia; he returned to life in the 1960's and is now alive and well in his last academic stronghold, philosophy departments."||”|
For more information please see:
Hostility towards religious conservatives in academia and quality of educational outcomes
In addition, college is clearly not delivering the goods in terms of intellectual development for a large percentage of its students. An American study found that forty-five percent of students achieved no significant improvement in their critical thinking, reasoning or writing skills during their first two years of college. After four years, 36 percent displayed no significant increases in these so-called "higher order" thinking skills. Students, particularly those who made poor curriculum choices, are increasingly angry that college does not adequately prepare them for the marketplace and leaves them with a pile of debt. Furthermore, Vox Day and others point out that many academics quality of work related to science is frequently substandard. Creation Ministries International argues that the recent epidemic of scientific fraud within the scientific/academic community is related to atheistic and evolutionary morality/ideology (see: Atheism and morality).
In addition, there appears to be a higher education bubble that will burst. The Wall Street Journal reported in 2013 that the percentage of Americans going to college has been decreasing for 3 years in the USA.
The low quality of work done by many atheist academics combined with their hostility towards religious conservatives is not surprising given that atheism/agnosticism lack proof and evidence that they are valid, while the Bible and Christianity have an abundant amount of evidence supporting their veracity (see: Christian apologetics).
Atheists and agnostics rarely point out that universities such as Harvard, Princeton, Oxford, Cambridge, and many others were founded by Christians. Also, the scientific revolution occurred in Christianized Europe and many of the fathers of various branches of science were Christians (see: Christianity and science).
Presently, there appears to be a higher education bubble that will burst.
Atheism, academia and bestiality
- Craig, William Lane (2012)."Theistic critiques of atheism". Reasonable Faith. Retrieved on July 26, 2014. Unabridged version of article published 2007. See William Lane Craig.
- Stewart, Marilyn (August 10, 2004). "Nobts’ Oxford Study Program spans notable lectures & historical sites". Baptist Press. Retrieved on July 26, 2014.
- Suspicions Confirmed: Academia Shutting Out Conservative Professors by Rachel Alexander, June 10, 2014
- Quick, "Let’s Discriminate Against the Creationists!" by Apologetics Press
- Study of college education and critical thinking skills
- Forbes - Higher education bubble
- The Short Answer is Not Much These Days
- Why the epidemic of fraud exists in science today by Jerry Bergman
- Morals decline linked to belief in evolution by David Catchpoole Published: 5 July 2000; republished 21 October 2009(GMT+10)
- College enrollment shows signs of slowing which means less post high school evolutionary indoctrination. Also, the ever shrinking role of tenured evolutionist professors and evolutionary biologists