Atheism and moral depravity
The history of the atheist population and various studies concerning the atheist community point to moral depravity being a causal factor for atheism (See: Moral failures of the atheist population and Atheism and culture).
In addition, there is the historical matter of deceit being used in a major way to propagate atheism from the time of Ernst Haeckel onward. Francis Thompson wrote: "Maybe the atheist cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman."(see also: Atheism and morality and Moral failures of the atheist population).
The biblical fool is said to be lacking in sound judgment and the biblical fool is also associated with moral depravity. For example, the biblical book of Proverbs states: "A wise man is cautious and turns away from evil, But a fool is arrogant and careless. A quick-tempered man acts foolishly, And a man of evil devices is hated. The naive inherit foolishness, But the sensible are crowned with knowledge." (Proverbs 14:16-18 (NASB)). The book of Proverbs also has strong words regarding the depravity of biblical fools: "The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul: but [it is] abomination to fools to depart from evil." (Proverbs 13:9 (KJV)).
Noted Bible commentator and clergyman Matthew Henry wrote:
|“||A man that is endued with the powers of reason, by which he is capable of knowing, serving, glorifying, and enjoying his Maker, and yet lives without God in the world, is certainly the most despicable and the most miserable animal under the sun."||”|
- 1 Objective morality does not exist under an atheist worldview
- 2 Atheism and mass murder
- 3 Atheistic communism and torture
- 4 Irreligion and domestic violence
- 5 Atheism and pornography/child pornography
- 6 Atheism, pederasty and NAMBLA
- 7 Atheism and uncharitableness
- 8 University of Kentucky study by Will M. Gervais
- 9 Atheism and bestiality
- 10 Atheism and cannibalism
- 10.1 Jeffrey Dahmer and cannibalism
- 10.2 Chinese communism, Pol Pot's communist regime and cannibalism
- 10.3 Soviet Union and cannibalism
- 10.4 Marquis de Sade on cannibalism
- 10.5 TheAmazingAtheist on cannibalism
- 10.6 University of Kentucky study related to beliefs about atheists/cannibalism/immorality
- 11 Mass rape and the Soviet Union's army in Germany
- 12 See also
- 13 Notes
Objective morality does not exist under an atheist worldview
Atheism and mass murder
According to the University of Cambridge, historically, the "most notable spread of atheism was achieved through the success of the 1917 Russian Revolution, which brought the Marxist-Leninists to power." See: Atheism and communism
Concerning atheism and mass murder, Christian apologist Gregory Koukl wrote that "the assertion is that religion has caused most of the killing and bloodshed in the world. There are people who make accusations and assertions that are empirically false. This is one of them." Koukl details the number of people killed in various events involving theism and compares them to the much higher tens of millions of people killed under communist atheistic regimes.
It has been estimated that in less than the past 100 years, governments under the banner of communism have caused the death of somewhere between 40,472,000 and 259,432,000 human lives. Dr. R. J. Rummel, professor emeritus of political science at the University of Hawaii, is the scholar who first coined the term democide (death by government). Dr. R. J. Rummel's mid estimate regarding the loss of life due to communism is that communism caused the death of approximately 110,286,000 people between 1917 and 1987. Richard Dawkins has attempted to engage in historical revisionism concerning atheist atrocities and Dawkins was shown to be in gross error.
Atheistic communism and torture
See also: Atheistic communism and torture
The website Victimsofcommunism.org declares concerning atheistic communism and the use of torture:
|“||Significantly, communists did not merely try to block or halt religious faith but to reverse it. This was particularly true for Romania, even before the Nicolai Ceausescu era. This meant not just forbidding religious practice and jailing ministers and believers but employing torture to force them to renounce their faith. It was not enough to contain, silence, even punish believers in prison; it was decided they must be tortured in truly unimaginably degrading ways to attempt to undo religious faith.||”|
Chinese and North Korean communists still practice torture today (see: Atheistic communism and torture).
Irreligion and domestic violence
Various studies point to irreligion being a causal factor for domestic violence (see: Irreligion and domestic violence).
Atheism and pornography/child pornography
Atheists and/or individuals in atheistic societies have played a very significant role in the pornography and child pornography industries (see: Atheism and pornography and Atheism and child pornography).
Atheism, pederasty and NAMBLA
see also: Atheism, pederasty and NAMBLA
Some of the well known atheist advocates of the North American Man-Boy Love Association are:
2. Harry Hay (1912 - 2002) was an liberal advocate of statutory rape and the widely acknowledged founder and progenitor of the activist homosexual agenda in the United States. Hay joined the Communist Party of the United States (CPUSA) in 1934. Harry Hay was an atheist. He was a vociferous advocate of man/boy love. In 1986, Hay marched in a gay parade wearing a shirt emblazoned with the words "NAMBLA walks with me."
Atheist John Maynard Keynes and pederasty
John Maynard Keynes was the founder of Keynesian economics. Lytton Strachey, his male bed partner, wrote that Keynes was a “A liberal and a sodomite, An atheist and a statistician.” Keynes and his friends made numerous trips to the resorts surrounding the Mediterranean. At the resorts, little boys were sold by their families to bordellos which catered to homosexuals.
Atheism and uncharitableness
See also: Atheism and uncharitableness
University of Kentucky study by Will M. Gervais
In 2014, a University of Kentucky study was published by Will M. Gervais, which was entitled Everything Is Permitted? People Intuitively Judge Immorality as Representative of Atheists, and the study indicated that "even atheist participants viewed immorality as significantly more representative of atheists than of other people."
Atheism and bestiality
- See also: Atheism and bestiality
In areas of the Western World where there is a significant amount of atheists and evolutionary belief, there have been notable problems related to bestiality (see: Atheism and bestiality and Evolutionary belief and bestiality and Bestiality and secular Europe).
Vice News, a global news channel which broadcasts documentaries about current topics, reported in 2014 concerning secular Europe:
|“||Bestiality is having a weird renaissance in Europe. Perhaps ironically, it kicked off when activists succeeded in banning the practice in places like Germany and Norway. In the background, something else emerged simultaneously: an animal-sex-tourism industry, which has been blossoming in Denmark.||”|
A 2015 Jerusalem Post article indicates "Copenhagen has for long been the bestiality capital of Europe and has attracted many tourists mainly visiting to have sex with animals. Legislation against this practice was only enacted this year."
On July 1, 2013 the Daily Mail reported that bestiality brothels were spreading quickly through Germany. In addition, the Daily Mail reported that there "are even 'erotic zoos' which people can visit to abuse animals ranging from llamas to goats."
In 2014, according to Danish journalist Margit Shabanzahen, a Danish man who ran a business catering to people who have sex with horses said that he had buses of people arriving at his business.
In February 2010, the UK news website Metro reported:
|“||Given the illicit nature of the product, precise figures on animal pornography video sales are difficult to find, but the Dutch newspaper Algemeen Dagblad, in a 2007 survey, found that distributors in the Netherlands were responsible for some 80 percent of bestiality videos worldwide.||”|
Below is a list of areas where bestiality has recently posed notable problems and has been reported in news outlets:
- Secular Europe and bestiality
- Denmark and bestiality
- Germany and bestiality
- Netherlands and bestiality
- Sweden and bestiality
- Britain and bestiality
- Australia and bestiality
- Washington state and bestiality
First "bestiality rights" organization was founded in secular Europe
The first so called "bestiality/zoophile rights" group, called Equality for All, has its roots in secular Europe and formed in the '90s. It is located in the Czech Republic. According to a 2010 Eurobarometer poll, 16% of Czech citizens responded that "they believe there is a God" which the lowest rate among the countries of the European Union.
Atheism and cannibalism
Jeffrey Dahmer and cannibalism
He was an atheist while he committed these acts.
After his last victim escaped and notified authorities, they found a gruesome scene at his apartment: the remains of 11 of his murdered victims. He was sent to prison for the rest of life, and killed in jail.
Evidence and a later confession by Dahmer revealed he had engaged in cannibalism and necrophilia.
Jeffrey Dahmer on atheism, evolutionism and morality
Jeffrey Dahmer declared:
|“||If it all happens naturalistically, what is the need for a God? Can't I set my rules? Who owns me? I own myself.||”|
In an interview with Stone Phillips, Dateline NBC on November 23, 1994, Dahmer said:
|“||If a person doesn’t think there is a God to be accountable to, then—then what's the point of trying to modify your behaviour to keep it within acceptable ranges? That's how I thought anyway. I always believed the theory of evolution as truth, that we all just came from the slime. When we, when we died, you know, that was it, there is nothing ...||”|
Chinese communism, Pol Pot's communist regime and cannibalism
In 1955, Chinese communist leader Chou En-lai declared, "We Communists are atheists". In 2015, the Communist Party of China reaffirmed that members of their party must be atheists. See also: Atheism and communism
According to the book The Black Bible of Communism:
|“|| The populace was invited to be present at the public trials of the "counter-revolutionaries" -who happened to be condemned to death in an almost identical manner. They would watch those executions, shouting "Death! Death!" and egging on the Red Guards who were assigned to the slow carving of the victims. They often cooked body parts and ate them, or forced the victim's family to eat them, in front of the condemned person, who was still alive.
Everyone was invited to the feasts where they would distribute the heart and liver of the former landowner, and to the assemblies where the speaker would address the people standing in front of a row of poles on which they had impaled recently chopped-off heads.
This fascination with vindictive cannibalism, which we find again in Pol Pot's Cambodia and corresponds to a very old archetype that was broadly prevalent throughout eastern Asia, had often made its appearance during other moments of paroxysm in Chinas' history. Thus, in an era of foreign interventions, in 613, the emperor Yang (of the Sui Dynasty) took his revenge on a certain revolutionary, by persecuting even his most distant relatives: "Those who were more severely punished had to undergo the punishments of being cut into four quarters and their head exposed atop a spear, or they would be cut to pieces, pierced with arrows. The emperor had ordered the high-ranking officers to devour the flesh of the victims, piece by piece."
The renowned author Lu Xun, a sympathizer of Communism, at a moment when he no longer concurred with nationalism and anti-Westernism, wrote: "The Chinese are cannibals..."
Soviet Union and cannibalism
See also: Soviet Union and morality
According to the University of Cambridge, historically, the "most notable spread of atheism was achieved through the success of the 1917 Russian Revolution, which brought the Marxist-Leninists to power." See also: Atheism and communism
Kerry Kubulius in his article entitled Cannibalism in the Soviet Union wrote:
|“|| In the years 1920-21, the Soviet Union was hit hard by famine. Civil war had wiped out grain stores, and drought affected harvests. Struggling peasants and Gulag prisoners alike fell victim to starvation. Hungry individuals ate what they could find – the last of their livestock, cats and dogs, and then finally, fellow human beings. Cannibalism in Soviet Russia and elsewhere in the Soviet Union manifested itself in prisons camps, in urban settings, and in the countryside. The practice of cannibalism was seen as a survival measure rather than a true crime by those who had nothing else to eat....
It goes without saying that cannibalism in the Soviet Union was outlawed. Those who were caught cannibalizing their fellow citizens were sent to prisons, even though cannibalism was practiced in the Gulag, as well...
While some individuals ate the bodies of the already dead, others murdered for the purpose of providing themselves with food. Gangs of children would kill adults, while adults would find children to murder and eat. Escaped prisoners might take along fellow inmates to serve as future meals – unbeknownst to the escapees' companions themselves.
Cannibalism in the Soviet Union was sometimes a result of an individual or individuals seeking revenge.
Marquis de Sade on cannibalism
The atheist Marquis de Sade (1740-1814) was an infamous French aristocrat and author of heavily philosophical pornography, as well as more traditional essays on philosophy. Sadism, a paraphilia in which pleasure is derived from inflicting pain or seeing pain being inflicted on others, is named after him. The debauched lifestyle of the Marquis de Sade caused him to have periods of imprisonment.
The Intercollegiate Studies Institute's website First Principles 1st Web Journal declares:
|“||If there is no God, no hell, no right and wrong, no moral responsibility, no meaning or significance beyond your pleasure, then existence is meaningless. Nothing you do matters, others do not matter, and what you do with them—and to them—does not matter. Nihilism liberates. For the Sadean egotist, then, everything is permitted. Sade incessantly rationalized the most depraved and libertine sexuality, and every crime including cannibalism and murder.||”|
TheAmazingAtheist on cannibalism
The YouTube channel TheAmazingAtheist is the most popular atheist YouTube channel with over 685,972 subscribers as of June 2015. The AmazingAtheist produced a video entitled Atheist Libertarian Defends Incest, Polygamy and Cannibalism!. See also: Atheism and incest and Atheism, polyamory and other immoral relationships
In 2014, a University of Kentucky study was published by Will M. Gervais, which was entitled "Everything is permitted? People intuitively judge immorality as representative of atheists", and the study indicated that "even atheist participants viewed immorality as significantly more representative of atheists than of other people."
A quotation from the abstract of Will M. Gervais' study "Everything is permitted? People intuitively judge immorality as representative of atheists":
|“||American participants intuitively judged a wide variety of immoral acts (e.g., serial murder, consensual incest, necrobestiality, cannibalism) as representative of atheists, but not of eleven other religious, ethnic, and cultural groups. Even atheist participants judged immoral acts as more representative of atheists than of other groups. These findings demonstrate a prevalent intuition that belief in God serves a necessary function in inhibiting immoral conduct, and may help explain persistent negative perceptions of atheists.||”|
Mass rape and the Soviet Union's army in Germany
As Allied troops entered and occupied Germany during the latter part of World War II, mass rapes occurred in connection with combat operations and during the occupation which followed. Historians in the Western World generally conclude that the majority of the rapes were committed by Soviet servicemen.
The majority of the rapes happened in the Soviet occupation zone. Estimates of the number of German women sexually assaulted by Soviet soldiers have ranged up to 2 million. The historian William Hitchcock declared that in many cases women were the victims of repeated rapes, some women experienced as many as 60 to 70 rapes.
After the atheist leader of the Soviet Union Joseph Stalin received a complaint from Yugoslav politician Milovan Djilas about rapes in Yugoslavia, Stalin reportedly said that he should "understand it if a soldier who has crossed thousands of kilometres through blood and fire and death has fun with a woman or takes some trifle." Also, when told that Red Army soldiers sexually assaulted German refugees, Stalin declared: "We lecture our soldiers too much; let them have their initiative."
Only a handful of Soviet soldiers were ever court martialed for raping German women during the war.
- Atheism and deception
- Causes of atheism
- Atheism and satanic deception
- Abortion and atheism
- Can Moral Objectivism Do Without God? by Peter S. Williams, Bethinking.org
- http://www.apologetics.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=469:the-causes-of-atheism&catid=96:bonus-content&Itemid=80 The causes of atheism
- Investigating atheism: Marxism. University of Cambridge (2008). Retrieved on July 17, 2014. “The most notable spread of atheism was achieved through the success of the 1917 Russian Revolution, which brought the Marxist-Leninists to power. For the first time in history, atheism thus became the official ideology of a state.”
- Koukl, Gregory, The Real Murderers: Atheism or Christianity?, 1994
- Multiple references:
- Anticommunist (April 14, 2004). "The Human Cost of Communism - 100 million". UK Indymedia. Retrieved from June 7, 2013 archive at Internet Archive.
- "The Black Book of Communism". Harvard University, Faculty of Arts and Sciences website: Cold War Studies.
- Rummel, R. J. (November 1993). "How many did communist regimes murder?" University of Hawaii website; Freedom, Democracy, Peace; Power, Democide, and War.
- White, Matthew (February 2011). "Source list and detailed death tolls for the primary megadeaths of the twentieth century". Necrometrics.
- Higgins, David (June 22, 2007). "Memory and ideology: Washington's newest statue is the Victims Of Communism Memorial". Sarasota Magazine website. Retrieved from October 8, 2007 archive at Internet Archive
- Radosh, Ronald (February 2000). "The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression". First Things [journal] website.
- Rummel, R. J. (November 1993). "How many did communist regimes murder?" University of Hawaii website; Freedom, Democracy, Peace; Power, Democide, and War.
- Martyred in the USSR
- The Russians' Secret by Peter Hoover with Serguei V. Petrov, Speaking Without a Tongue, Chapter 1 (Pages 1-3)
- The War on religion
- The Boston Phoenix, The real Harry Hay, Michael Bronski, October 31 - November 7, 2002.
- The American Spectator Special Report, When Nancy Met Harry, Jeffrey Lord, 10/5/2006.
- Samuel R. Delaney, About writing: seven essays, four letters, and five interviews, page 36
- Delany, Samuel R.; Freedman, Carl (2009). Conversations with Samuel R. Delany. Univ. Press of Mississippi, page 143
- Atheists and Agnostics Take Aim at Christians The Barna Update, 2007.
- Brooks, Arthur C., faith and charitable giving Policy Review, Oct-Dec 2003, p.2.
- Stossel, John and Kendall, Kristina Who Gives and Who Doesn't? ABC News, November 28, 2006
- [Everything Is Permitted? People Intuitively Judge Immorality as Representative of Atheists], Will M. Gervais, Journal: PlOS ONE, Published: April 09, 2014, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.009230
- Bestiality brothels are 'spreading through Germany'
- Denmark’s Bestiality Problem: It’s Legal by Barbie Latza Nadeau, The Daily Beast, 10/14/2014
- The Crime of Bestiality/Zoophilia: Sexual Assault of an Animal
- Does having sex with animals harm anyone?
- Sex with Animals (SWA): Behavioral Characteristics and Possible Association with Penile Cancer. A Multicenter Study
- Study Links Bestiality and Penile Cancer; Women’s Health Risk Too?
- Horse sex story was online hit by Danny Westneat, Seattle Times - December 30, 2005
- The International Handbook of Animal Abuse and Cruelty: Theory, Research, edited by Frank Ascione, pages 217-218
- Vice News report on bestiality upsurge in Europe
- Suggestions for the anti-Semitic slurs list by By MANFRED GERSTENFELD Jerusalem Post, 2015
- Vice News report on bestiality upsurge in Europe, video documentary features testimony of journalist Margit Shabanzadeh
- Aug 20 2009 article at Browardbeach.com entitled Those Who Practice Bestiality Say They're Part of the Next Sexual Rights Movement
- Eurobarometer Poll in 2010
- Serial Killer Jeffrey Dahmer blames Atheism and Evolution belief for Murders
- Cannibalism definition - Merriam-Webster dictionary
- 10 People Who Give Atheism a Bad Name
- Interview with Stone Phillips, Dateline NBC on November 23, 1994
- Noebel, David, The Battle for Truth, Harvest House, 2001.
- China's Communist Party Bans Believers, Doubles Down On Atheism
- Atheistic cannibalism: How atheism can turn Man into a beast, Source: "The Black Bible of Communism" (Greek edition), Athens 2006. Excerpt taken from pages 504, 505. of the 4th edition
- Cannibalism in the Soviet Union' by Kerry Kubulius
- Dostoevsky vs. Marquis de Sade by John Attarian (MA 46:4, Fall 2004) - 08/01/08
- About TheAmazingAtheist YouTube channel
- Atheist Libertarian Defends Incest, Polygamy and Cannibalism!
- Gervais, Will M. (April 9, 2014). "Everything is permitted? People intuitively judge immorality as representative of atheists". PLOS ONE, doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0092302. Retrieved on October 29, 2014.
- Roberts, Andrew. "Stalin's army of rapists: The brutal war crime that Russia and Germany tried to ignore", Daily Mail, 24 October 2008.
- Heineman, Elizabeth (1996). "The Hour of the Woman: Memories of Germany's "Crisis Years" and West German National Identity". American Historical Review 101 (2): 354–395.
- Kuwert, P.; Freyberger, H. (2007). "The unspoken secret: Sexual violence in World War II". International Psychogeriatrics 19 (4): 782–784. doi:10.1017/S1041610207005376.
- BBC - History - World Wars: The Battle for Berlin in World War Two. Bbc.co.uk. Retrieved on 10 December 2014.
- Hanna Schissler The Miracle Years: A Cultural History of West Germany, 1949–1968 
- Silence Broken On Red Army Rapes In Germany. NPR.org (17 July 2009). Retrieved on 10 December 2014.
- Hitchcock, William I. (2004). The Struggle for Europe: The Turbulent History of a Divided Continent, 1945 to the Present. Anchor Books. ISBN 978-0-385-49799-2.
- Anne Applebaum, Iron Curtain, The Crushing of Eastern Europe, p.32
- German women raped during WWII by the Soviets - Video