Atheism and naturalistic intelligence
Howard Gardner at Harvard University has identified various distinct intelligences: interpersonal, intrapersonal, visual–spatial, verbal–linguistic, logical–mathematical, musical–rhythmic, bodily–kinesthetic, and naturalistic. See: Theory of multiple intelligences and Atheism and the theory of multiple intelligences
- 1 Scientific revolution birthed in Christianized Europe
- 2 Atheism and the suppression of science
- 3 Atheism and pseuodoscientific and pagan ideologies
- 4 Secular scientific community and their grasp of logic, statistics and history/philosophy of science
- 5 Atheism, scientism and the limitations of science
- 6 Reluctance of evolutionists to debate and past debate record
- 7 See also
- 8 Notes
Scientific revolution birthed in Christianized Europe
Atheism and the suppression of science
Given that atheists/evolutionists actively discriminate against creationist and religious conservatives in academia and other places, atheists pointing out a higher prevalence of atheists relative to their numbers belonging to high-profile scientific organizations or being awarded various distinctions is disingenuous (see: Suppression of alternatives to evolution and Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed).
For more information, please see: Atheism and the suppression of science
Atheism and pseuodoscientific and pagan ideologies
In addition, there is a significant segment of atheists who engage in the erroneous ideologies/worldviews of scientism, nature worship and neo-paganism so a certain degree of preoccupation/obsession with pseudoscience, naturalistic philosophy and scientific endeavors is not surprising within some members of the atheist community. See also: Irreligion and superstition and Evolution as a secular origins myth and Evolution and Cases of Fraud, Hoaxes and Speculation
Secular scientific community and their grasp of logic, statistics and history/philosophy of science
As far as atheists in the scientific community, Theodore Beale correctly points out that many atheist scientists (and scientists in general) have a poor grasp of logic, statistics, the history/philosophy of science and other matters which often causes them to reach erroneous conclusions and engage in pseudoscience. Moreover, due to the poor ethics of many atheist/secular scientists, scientific fraud has become a significant problem within the scientific community. See also: Atheism and morality and Moral failures of the atheist population
Atheism, scientism and the limitations of science
Scientism is the belief that the scientific method has no (or few) limits and can successfully be applied to almost all aspects of life, and provides an explanation for everything. It is essentially a religion where its followers (Scientists) worship science its rituals, and its results.
In addition, many atheists have an inordinate degree of confidence in the consensus opinions of scientists instead of possessing a healthy degree of skepticism.
Strict scientism as a worldview is self-refuting since the scientism cannot be proven to be true through science. For other significant problems with scientism as far as its unworkability, please see William Lane Craig's commentary on scientism entitled Is scientism self-refuting?.
Atheists, scientism and the limitations of science
See also: Limitations of science
Reluctance of evolutionists to debate and past debate record
At the present time, there is a reluctance of many prominent evolutionists/atheists/agnostics to debate key points of their errant ideologies (see: Creation scientists tend to win the creation vs. evolution debates and Atheism and cowardice). For example, the agnostic Richard Dawkins has repeatedly refused to debate strong Christian debaters concerning the existence of God and he has repeatedly refused to debate creation scientists and intelligent design theorists (see: Instances of Richard Dawkins ducking debates). In addition, when atheists/agnostics do debate the issue of the existence of God, they typically do poorly (see: Atheism and debate).
- Jonathon Sarfati interview
- Multiple Ingelligence
- Slaughter of the dissidents
- Suspicions confirmed, conservatives being shut out of academia
- Refuting Evolution Evolution & creation, science & religion, facts & bias, First published in Refuting Evolution, Chapter 1
- The not-so-Nobel decision
- Dr Damadian’s vital contribution to MRI: Nobel prize controversy returns
- Atheism as nature worship or neo-paganism
- Why the epidemic of fraud exists in science today by Jerry Bergman
- Ashgate Science and Religion Series
- No skepticism in science
- Is scientism self-refuting by William Lane Craig
- Where’s the conflict? by Alister McGrath