There is a style common to many atheists, including:
- a refusal to recognize how democracy, first practiced in pre-Christ Greece, relies on Christianity, and how no atheistic culture has ever managed to sustain a lasting democracy
- a refusal to credit the role played by faith in great contributions of many people, such as Isaac Newton
- a general disbelief of unseen and unquantifiable concepts, such as love, intrinsic beauty and fidelity
- a belief that atheists are somehow smarter than those having faith, downplaying contributions by Christians
- a belief that humans are smarter today than 100, 1,000 or 6,000 years ago
- a view that most of science is known and understood, in contrast to Isaac Newton's view that little is understood
- a focus on materialism, and a devotion to relativism in many forms
- a generally pessimistic, worthless and depressing view of life
- among scientists, an unshakable faith in never-detected gravitons, dark matter, black holes, super strings and life in outer space
- belief in the Nobel Prize, universities, newspapers and magazines as oracles of truths
- over reliance on hearsay, a perception (often wrong) of what most people think, and a dependence on often outdated texts.
- an insistence on censoring prayer from the classroom
- A rejection of the teleological view of history that Mankind is increasingly moving towards an absolute perfect state thanks to Christianity.
- A denial of the personal experience one feels with God.
- Closed-mindedness towards the benefits of Christianity and Conservativism.
- ↑ http://www.atheists.org/press_releases/atheists_support_student_protest_of_&%238220%3Bgod_pledge&%238221%3B