Atheist bullying is a problem in many public schools, where student populations are becoming increasingly atheist or non-religious and are less likely to keep their lack of faith out of school discourse. Atheist students are commonly engaging in persecution of Christian students, encouraged by the out-spoken nature of the growing number of adherents of New Atheism, such as Richard Dawkins. See also: Atheism and mockery
In serious cases, atheist bullying has lead to Christian students being pulled out of public schools to undergo home-schooling or private tuition, as their academic life has become intolerable.
Many school shootings are thought to be related to atheist bullying. The most infamous, the Columbine shooting, was partly perpetrated by an atheist.
Atheist Tom Krattenmaker was quoted in Time magazine as saying about American atheists, "Even though we’re despised in some parts of the country and discriminated against in some ways, we don’t really get bullied or picked on. That makes it harder to gain sympathy for our views." See also: Persecution of atheists and Views on atheists
However, sometimes it can go the other way around. Some Christian athletes, who feel they are above everyone else, may bully less-popular, atheist nerds who are less athletic (see: Sports performance: Religious faith vs. atheism). At the same time, there is nothing in Christian teaching which condones bullying or pride. Jesus taught to treat others like you wish to be treated and to have humility. And there are many Christian athletes who are known for their charitable acts. Godless/atheistic morality, such as Social Darwinism, has lead to tens of millions of people being harmed/exploited (see: Atheism and morality and Atheism and mass murder and Social effects of the theory of evolution and Atheism and uncharitableness and Atheism and forced labor).
Internet atheist bullying and profanity
YouTube cyberbullying at the height of New Atheism movement
In the past, at the height of the New Atheism movement, there was a widespread problem with atheist cyberbullying on YouTube toward Christian and creationist YouTube channels. CreationWiki has developed a web page entitled Creationist YouTube video designed to show creationists how to thwart atheist/evolutionist cyberbullies. Also, one popular Christian YouTube channel, Shockofgod, was shut down several times by atheist cyberbullying through false reports, but he developed counter measures to overcome this problem.  These false reports are not isolated incidents, many atheists will try this deceitful tactic to block out creation science.
Atheism and History:
- Dimitry Pospielovsky, (December, 1987), A History of Marxist-Leninist Atheism and Soviet Antireligious Policies, Palgrave Macmillan, ISBN 0312381328
- Dimitry Pospielovsky, (November, 1987), Soviet Antireligious Campaigns and Persecutions (History of Soviet Atheism in Theory and Practice and the Believers, Vol 2), Palgrave Macmillan, ISBN 0312009054
- Dimitry Pospielovsky, (August, 1988), Soviet Studies on the Church and the Believer's Response to Atheism: A History of Soviet Atheism in Theory and Practice and the Believers, Vol 3, Palgrave Macmillan, hardcover: ISBN 0312012918, paperback edition: ISBN 0312012926
- Atheism and love
- Atheism and profanity
- Atheist factions
- Atheism and public schools
- Atheist whining
- Internet troll
- Atheist's bizarre bid to convert Christian - Timothy Brown Story - September 12, 2008 - UK
- Atheist arrested for harassing Christian - YouTube video
- The man that proved the Bible has power