Benjamin Thomas "Ben" Zobrist (born May 26, 1981) is a major league baseball player who is most famous for being named the 2016 World Series MVP when his team, the Chicago Cubs won the Series. He is the first Chicago Cub ever to win a World Series MVP.
Zobrist was born on May 26, 1981 in Eureka, Illinois. His father is the pastor of the Liberty Bible Church, and his older sister works at a Christian camp. He attended Olivet Nazarene University and then transferred to Dallas Baptist University.
Zobrist is married to his wife Julianna, a Christian singer, and together they have three children.
- Ben Zobrist. baseball-reference.com. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- Stephen, Eric (November 3, 2016). Ben Zobrist named 2016 World Series MVP. sbnation.com. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- Topkin, Marc (July 13, 2009). Tampa Bay Rays' Ben Zobrist has taken a surprising path to today's All-Star Game. Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- Martin, Jill (November 3, 2016). Believe it! Chicago Cubs end the curse, win 2016 World Series. CNN. Retrieved November 9, 2016.
- Haverluck, Michael F. (November 6, 2016). Cubs' World Series MVP: 'We all need Christ'. OneNewsNow. Retrieved November 9, 2016.
- Torres, Hazel (November 5, 2016). Chicago Cubs' Ben Zobrist, World Series MVP and Baseball 'Missionary,' Says 'We All Need Christ'. Christianity Today. Retrieved November 9, 2016.
- Dwojak, Michal (May 30, 2016). Singer Julianna Zobrist (Ben's wife) on the Cubs, walk-up songs, six-day rule. Chicago Tribune. Retrieved November 20, 2016.