Obama war crimes
Obama war crimes might best be encapsulated by studying the life and career of Abdelhakim Belhadj (sometimes Abdel Hakim Belhaj, Adel Hakm Belhaj), and there are many more like him released from CIA custody. In doing so, one sees the basic, longterm counter-jihad strategy the United States mapped out after 9/11, which Obama inherited, then ceded to others outside the United States to serve their own agendas, yet leaving the United States and Obama personally culpable for the millions of human tragedies left in their wake. It had the sanction of bi-partisanship with Sen. John McCain involved, and Sen. Lindsey Graham had knowledge. The policy was known in newspeak jargon at the time as "leading from behind."
One of the horrendous crimes was transforming the NATO alliance from a purely defensive alliance to wage a war of aggression, prostituting NATO as a mercenary force for European corporate interests. NATO was designed to defend Europe; NATO and Europe stand defenseless against the invasion of jihadis it now faces.
The world has not yet, nor may it ever, recover from the lawlessness the Obama administration unleashed on North Africa, the Middle East, and Europe, or our perceptions of international law, globalism, or living in a multicultural society.
Europe's "soft underbelly," as Winston Churchill once described it, has been opened up by the self-professed "transformational agent of change" to an invasion larger than most of Europe's standing militaries by a culture alien, if not hostile to, Western values of democracy, tolerance, and equality. It is the largest demographic shift in 400 years.
|Events related to Syrian war in red.|
|Events related to Ukrainian coup in blue.|
- 1 2009
- 2 2010
- 3 2011
- 4 2012
- 5 2013
- 6 2014
- 7 2015
- 8 2016
- 9 2017
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Obama's Apology Tour of 2009 encouraged European allies to take a leading role in NATO. The disastrous consequences of ceding American global leadership to smaller allies has borne consequences which the living generation will be dealing with for a lifetime. In this sense, Obama was indeed "transformational." Nonetheless, after experiencing the result of Obama's shift in US foreign policy, the colossal failure writ large in the unnecessary Syrian and Libyan wars, one-half million dead, eleven million homeless and dispossessed, an army of 3 million Islamic invaders overrunning Europe, permanently changing European civilization into something anti-thetical to Christian values, tolerant of patriarchal, anti-feminist and homophobic enclaves in its midst which are hostile to the host culture, has yet to be played out.
The danger of a Superpower ceding leadership to smaller allies is, the allies are more inclined to take adventurous risks knowing they have a "big brother," so to speak, to back them up or bail them out. The role of a Superpower is to maintain peace within an alliance and avoid these petty grievances between smaller neighboring and competing states. Libya, once an adversary, became an ally in 2003 after a hard fought battle for decades to persuade Gaddafi to become a member in good standing among the community of nations. But Libya's growth was perceived as threatening to established French and UK colonial interests, and as an opportunity for Hillary Clinton to establish herself as a leader on the world stage.
Before Obama left office, in his Peru speech, Obama was sounding a different tune from the liberal claptrap he preached in the early days, which caused untold suffering and millions of personal tragedies in Africa and the Middle East. In a rare moment of examination of conscience and utter self-honesty, Obama was to admit Hillary's "greatest moment" was his "worst mistake."
- 6 February. Italian government ratifies historic Friendship Agreement with Libya signed in Benghazi in late 2008 by Gaddafi and Berlusconi. It was Berlusconi's first visit to Libya. The neighboring states have had trade and contact going back to Roman times. Under its terms, Italy would pay $5 billion to Libya as compensation for its military occupation from 1911-1943. In exchange, Libya would take measures to stop illegal immigration coming from Libyan shores. Gaddafi pledges to protect Italian investment in Libya to further domestic economic development, create jobs, and provide a disincentive to emigrate.
- 9 February. David Plouffe delivers paid speech in in Baku, Azerbaijan.
- 4 March. Obama bows to Saudi King in a breach of protocol for the head of state of a sovereign nation.
- 3 April. Obama Apology Tour in Europe encourages France and the United Kingdom to take a leading role in the NATO alliance, paving the way for the Libyan War and Syrian Civil War.
- June. After being in power for 40 years, for the first time, Mumammar Gaddafi is invited and travels to Rome to visit with Prime Minister Berlusconi, under the terms of the new Italian-Libyan Friendship Agreement.
- 26 October. State Department's routine International Religious Freedom Report for 2009 said of Libya under Gaddafi:
The Government tolerates most minority religions but strongly opposes militant forms of Islam, which it views as a security threat... There were no reports of forced religious conversion ...There were no reports of societal abuses or discrimination based on religious affiliation, belief, or practice.
- 27 October. State Dept. cable from Italy says of Italian Prime Minister Sivio Berlusconi "a growing list of scandals, adverse court decisions and health issues have weakened him; and led some erstwhile Berlusconi allies to begin hedging their bets on his political longevity... Berlusconi's frequent late nights and penchant for partying hard mean he does not get sufficient rest." The same cable also says that: "Separately, on October 21, Northern League leader Umberto Bossi, commenting on Berlusconi's troubles, told the Ambassador that organized crime figures had probably set the trap for Berlusconi on some of the sex scandals." When Berlusconi accused Washington of "provoking" Moscow by recognizing the independence of Kosovo, a Serbian province, an Italian official visited the US Embassy. A cable from the embassy said the official "took back a terse message to the [Italian Foreign Minister] that such comments risk substantial and lasting damage to Italy's credibility in Washington....Berlusconi was losing credibility for Italy as a reliable partner, which he could ill afford to do," the cable added.
- 27 July. Muammar Gaddafi proposes an African Union along the lines of the European Union or United States. The idea is floated at an African unity summit and written proposals may be ready next years summit. The idea strikes a sympathetic response helped by Gaddafi's reputation as a champion of the developed world and by the millions of dollars in aid his oil-exporting country spends in Africa.
- 21 September. Internal email entitled “Obama Leak Investigations” at “global intelligence” company Stratfor claims Obama’s then-White House adviser John Brennan is targeting journalists.
"Brennan is behind the witch hunts of investigative journalists learning information from inside the beltway sources,” writes one Stratfor official to another. The email continues: “Note — There is specific tasker from the [White House] to go after anyone printing materials negative to the Obama agenda (oh my.) Even the FBI is shocked. The Wonder Boys must be in meltdown mode…”
- Sarkozy and Cameron sign Lancaster House Treaties to "develop co-operation between British and French Armed Forces, the sharing and pooling of materials and equipment including through mutual interdependence, the building of joint facilities, mutual access to each other’s defence markets, and industrial and technological co-operation."
"Mr. Speaker: On November 2, 2011, France and Great Britain signed a mutual defense treaty which included joint participation in Southern Mistral, a series of war games outlined in the bilateral agreement and surprisingly documented on a joint military website established by France and Great Britain.
Southern Mistral involved a long range conventional air attack called Southern Storm against a dictatorship in a fictitious southern country called Southland in response to a pretend attack. The joint military air strike was authorized by a pretend United Nations Security Council resolution. The composite air operations were planned, and this is the war games, for the period of March 21 through 25, 2011.
On March 20, 2011, the United States joined France and Great Britain in an air attack against Libya, pursuant to UN Security Council Resolution 1973.So the questions arise, Mr. Speaker, have the scheduled war games simply been postponed, or are they actually under way after months and months of planning under the name of Operation Odyssey Dawn?
- Berlusconi sex scandal breaks; Berlusconi responds, "It is better to be fond of beautiful girls than to be gay." The statement is offensive to Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and numerous others in mass media.
- 7 November. Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi targeted in a number of press and news articles alleging deviant sex lifestyle.
- 28 November. Wikileaks begins publishing classified information from Bradley Manning revealing, among other matters, that the US is extensively spying on the United Nations.
- December. David Plouffe paid $100,000 by Iranian cell phone company for two speeches.
- 10 January. David Plouffe appointed Senior Advisor to the President.
The original plan was for the fighting to be over in days, with some of the weapons captured at Benghazi to be used in ending Gaddafi's resistance, and some flown to the Turkish staging area at Adana, along the Syrian border, to be used in an uprising against Assad. The singular advantage both Gaddafi and Assad hold against an internal uprising is airpower. In Western propaganda this always translates into "using aircraft against civilians." Hence the call for a no-fly zone to make it a fair fight between government forces and rebel forces.
Sarkozy, Cameron, Hillary Clinton, and Obama wanted cover for their actions. United Nations Security Council Resolution 1970 (UNSC 1970) provided for an arms embargo - no weapons shipped in to either side. UNSC 1973 "authorized" a no-fly zone "by any means necessary," of course the UK, France, and US took to mean regime change, use of aggressive force, and direct arms deliveries to their jihadi rebels on the ground. The Russians didn't see it that way. The betrayal of assurance Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama gave to get Russia to withhold its veto on the UN Security Council marked a turning point in relations. Russia did not assent to NATO's use of aggressive force. The blatant disregard for international law Sarkozy, Cameron, Hillary Clinton, and Barack Obama flouted, coupled with Obama's drone strikes, caused Vladimir Putin to reaccess other international agreements Russia and the Western powers were party to, namely agreements over the Crimea and Ukraine.
- 15 February. Benghazi uprising begins.
- 18 February. Joint British-French military assets in place.
- 19 February. Gaddafi loyalists in Benghazi have all retreated into the Katiba fortress compound.
- 21 February. Walls of the Katiba compound are breached; local fighting ceases.
- 22 February. Stratfor reports,
STRATFOR has been hearing about plans in the works by a group of army officers planning to oust Gadhafi, move into Tripoli and reinvent a Revolutionary Command Council to take authority over the country. Now the names that are being thrown around to lead this Revolutionary Command Council include many of the original free officers that helped bring Gadhafi to power in the 1969 military coup. This group is currently lobbying for the U.N. Security Council which is currently in session to approve a no-fly zone that can be enforced by the United States. The army officers trying to lead this coup want to ensure that Gadhafi can’t rely on remaining loyal air force units to bombard them as they make their way into Tripoli. Now Gadhafi is likely betting that global concerns over energy cutoffs from Libya and fears over regime collapse in Libya leading to civil war will likely deter any such plans for a no-fly zone to be enforced by the United States. Still, the opposition, including many of these army officers, appear willing to call that bluff.
- Gen. Abdul Fatah Younis, Gaddafi regime Minister of Interior openly defects from Gaddafi. Younis has worked at Gaddafi's side for 42 years since the bloodless coup of 1969 that deposed the monarchy.
- 23 February. Pakistan Observer reports:
"United States, Britain and France have sent several hundred “defence advisors” to train and support the anti-Gadhafi forces in oil-rich Eastern Libya where “rebels armed groups” have apparently taken over.
According to an exclusive report confirmed by a Libyan diplomat in the region “the three Western states have landed their “special forces troops in Cyrinacia and are now setting up their bases and training centres” to reinforce the rebel forces who are resisting pro-Qaddafi forces in several adjoining areas.
A Libyan official who requested not to be identified said that the U.S. and British military gurus were sent on February 23 and 24 night through American and French warships and small naval boats off Libyan ports of Benghazi and Tobruk.
The Western forces are reportedly preparing to set-up training bases for local militias set-up by the rebel forces for an effective control of the oil-rich region and counter any push by pro- Qaddafi forces from Tripoli .
Other reports claim that efforts to “neutralize” the Libyan Air Force were also underway to limit Qaddafi’s rule in Tripoli if not fully uprooted from the country.
Meanwhile, three Indian Navy warships, are also being dispatched to be deployed in the rebel-held areas of Libya .
According to reports the Indian Navy has already sent two warships plus one its largest amphibious vessel INS Jalashwa. According to defence experts “Jalshwa” is the largest ship of Indian Navy which was delivered by the U.S. four years ago. Jalashwa, formaly the USS Trenton, has the capability to embark, transport & land various elements of an amphibious force & its equipped with mechanised landing craft, Sea King helicopters & armed with raders, ship to air missiles & rapid firing guns.Experts say that Indian ship Jalashwa has a Landing Platform Dock with a capability 1000 fully armed troops. The warship is also used for maritime surveillance, special operations, search & rescue and to undertake other tasks.
- Italian Foreign Minister expresses concern that the number of Libyan refugees trying to reach Italy might reach between 200,000 and 300,000 people.
- 25 February. Hillary Rodham Clinton announces suspension of Libyan embassy operations in Washington.
- Gaddafi warns former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair by phone if his regime is allowed to fall, the jihadis would use Libya as a springboard for attacks in Europe. As Gaddafi predicted, the Islamic State took credit for the November 2015 Paris attacks killing 137, wounding 368, and the February 2016 Brussels bombing killing 35 and injuring 340.
- 26 February. UNSC 1970 passes arms embargo barring “the direct or indirect supply, sale or transfer” of weapons to any party in Libya.
- Hillary Clinton directs efforts to remove all US embassy personnel from Tripoli and orders the closing of the embassy. Ken Dilanian of the Chicago Tribune reported the CIA has been on the ground in rebel-held areas of Libya since shortly after the US Embassy in Tripoli was evacuated.
- Hillary Clinton makes a series of calls to her foreign counterparts to help secure passage of UNSC 1970, imposing sanctions on Muammar Gaddafi and his family and refers Gaddafi and aides to the ICC.
- 27 February. Transitional National Council (TNC) announces in the city of Benghazi its purpose is to act as the "political face of the revolution." French President Sarkozy later quoted “We created the TNC and without France’s backing, money and weapons, it would not exist.”
- TNC spokesman made clear to reporters that the Libyan Transitional National Council was not a provisional government and added that the newly formed council was not in contact with foreign governments and did not want them to intervene.
- TNC spokesman later said that an airstrike purportedly sanctioned by the UNSC 1973 would not be considered a foreign intervention.
- Vladimir Putin later reported Russian agreement to abstain from vetoing the UNSC 1973 in private talks with Hillary Clinton in no way sanctioned NATO use of aggressive force.
- 28 February. Hillary Clinton travels to Geneva, Switzerland for consultations with European partners on Libya. She gives a major address in which she says: "It is time for Gaddafi to go." Works to secure the suspension of Libya from membership in the Human Rights Council.
- Omar Karmi of the UAE The National reports Hillary Clinton saying that the US was in contact with leaders of the uprising in Benghazi, that the US stood ready to "offer any kind of assistance," and that the US military already deployed naval and air forces into position near Libya.
There is ample documentation by journalists, academics, and human rights groups demonstrating that Black Libyan civilians and sub-Saharan contract workers, a population favored by Gaddafi in his pro-African Union policies, were targets of “racial cleansing” by NATO-backed 'Libyan rebels' who saw Black Libyans as tied closely with the Gaddafi regime.
Many of the so-called 'Libyan rebels', or TNC, that the Obama State Dept. sold to the media and public were a diverse group of outsiders, including Sanusi Islamists, Egyptians from the Muslim Brotherhood, and jihadists from Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Jordan, Qatar, Afghanistan and elsewhere (jihadis' whose prime goal in life is to topple the secular regime of their homeland are always on the run seeking sanctuary somewhere). These men were led by two top defectors of the Gaddafi regime, former Justice Minister Mustafa Abdul Jalil, and former Minister of Interior (secret police) Abdul al-Fatah Younis.
Knowing Gaddafi's days were numbered due to advanced age, Jalil and Younis were seeking to preserve the power they emassed, as heads of Gaddafi's law enforcement ministries, by deposing Gaddafi prematurely using rival tribes internally and outside help from a coalition Hillary Clinton put together of jihadis and NATO. Younis, who made many enemies as Gaddafi's top cop, eventually is murdered by Islamists in the TNC.
- 2 March. Reports arrive by experts identifying weaponry recovered in Katiba compound. Most is 1970s-80s Soviet equipment, still effective and operational. Some equipment designs date back to World War II. Chinese equipment also is found. A Wired magazine article specifically states, "Most of the weaponry at the Katiba has been removed and handed over to the army," although the Benghazi rebels and TNC had not yet, nor ever were sufficiently organized into an "army." Wired reported, "everything had to be stripped, scrubbed, and reassembled before testing." Much anti-aircraft equipment was confiscated.
- Wired notes jihadis have recruited "4,000 people, while at a larger army base outside of Benghazi, the total volunteer force numbers around 10,000."
- 4 March. Seven commandos of a UK SAS (Special Operations Force) group and an intelligence officer are taken captive by jihadi rebels in Benghazi when they arrive unannounced to assist them. The news becomes public and is a clear violation of international law, aggressive action and boots on the ground without UNSC vote on the proposed no-fly zone. UK Def. Minister openly states the mission was part of Britain's support for regime change in Libya. The embarrassing flap is hushed up and ironed out.
- 5 March. Bernard-Henri Levy shows up in Benghazi, meets with Jilil, and by phone arranges a meeting between Sarkozy and Jilil.
- 7 March. Ben Knight, reporting from the rebel side, tells an Australian radio audience about rebel equipment: "we saw some stinger missiles today."
- 8 March. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appoints Special Envoy Chris Stevens as US liaison to jihadis in Benghazi.
- 10 March. Bernard-Henri Levy and Jalil arrive in Paris for meetings with Sarkozy; G8 foreign ministers will be arriving in a few days for conferences.
- 11 March. Canadian Globe and Mail interviews the rebel appointed security chief in Derna: “We need Stingers. We don’t need your stupid words.”
- Reuters reports ‘a large shipment of weapons and explosives and night-vision goggles … in a truck coming from Iraq’ carrying 'dozens of grenades and pistols as well as rifles and ammunition belts’ is seized at al-Waleed (known in Syria as al-Tanf) southern bordering crossing, some 400 west of Baghdad. The Syrian Government News Agency (SANA) said the weapons were intended ‘for use in actions that affect Syria’s internal security and spread unrest and chaos.’ The driver said the weapons had been loaded in Baghdad and he was to be paid $5,000 to deliver them to Syria.
- 13 March. Secretary Clinton travels to Paris for a series of meetings with foreign ministers from the Group of Eight countries. Bernard-Henri Levy is also in attendence to do introductions to the rebel group leaders. She meets with Libyan Transitional National Council leader Mahmoud Jibril and consults with other foreign counterparts on further UN Security Council action. She secretly adds that aggressive action and not just a no-fly zone will be adequate.
- 14-16 March. Sec. Clinton participates in a series of high-level video- and teleconferences. She is a leading voice for strong UNSC action in the name of a NATO "civilian protection" (R2P) mission. A majority of NATO member states refuse to participate. This was not why the NATO alliance was founded or continues to exist.
- Clinton meets with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov whose country's veto of UNSC 1973 could derail any planned intervention. Lavrov was intentially misled to believe that giving NATO a free hand in Libya could be had in exchange for a Russian free hand in Georgia and the Crimea.
- 15 March. Clinton speaks with Obama by phone as a “strong advocate” for U.S. intervention. Obama, who had been weighing arguments from a divided NSC for days, sides with Clinton.
- 17 March. Clinton secures a deal with Russia to abstain from vetoing UNSC Resolution 1973, supposedly granting authorization to a few NATO members “to take all necessary measures to enforce compliance with the ban on flights” and “pure no-fly zone". Only 12 of NATO's 28 members participate, changing NATOs ostensibly defensive nature, founded on the premise that an attack on one is an attack against all, to an offensive mercenary force for hire in the service of private interests and politicians' quests for approval ratings.
- The resolution passes 10-0, with Russia, China, Germany, Brazil and India abstaining. It authorizes a “pure no-fly zone."
- 18 March. Armed protesters in Daraa, Syria open fire on regime security forces. Security forces return fire. What began as a popular movement for greater freedom and democracy is over by April 2011. The continuing war is fueled and funded by outside sources, and foreign fighters entering Syria from Turkey and Northern Iraq. The fighters are principly equiped and funded by Saudi Arabia and Qatar, although the CIA by June 2011 is supplying jihadist elements with weapons from captured Libyan stockpiles. Airial transport originates in Benghazi and flown to Incirlik, Turkey. Sea transport originates in Derna, Libya to the Turkish port of Iskenderun, 35 miles from the Syrian border.
- 19 March. Sarkozy convenes meeting in the Westin Hotel to solicit agreement for the immediate deployment of military aircraft to stop Gaddafi's efforts to put down the rebellion in Benghazi, and the establishment of a US no-fly zone in the country.
- Before the meeting is over, French fighter planes attack Gaddafi forces outside Benghazi. Italian and Russian participants protest the French government's insistence on convening the meeting before agreeing to air strikes, and then launching strikes before the meeting was over.
- Vladimir Putin later charges Obama and cohorts "violated the UN Security Council resolution on Libya, when instead of imposing the so-called no-fly zone over it they started bombing it too."
- The early attack so upset Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, who recently signed a Friendship Pact with Libya, he warned of cutting access to Italian air bases vital to French, British, and American warplanes.
- The Washington Post says, “It nearly broke up the coalition,” according to an eyewitness. "Yet the rift was quickly patched, thanks to a frenzied lobbying effort that kept the coalition from unraveling in its opening hours. 'That,' the source said, 'was Hillary.'... She spent hours on the phone and in person with Berlusconi."
- 29 October 2013. At a Goldman Sachs summit Hillary recounts, "Leaders who shall remain nameless, who were characterized as vain, egotistical, power hungry, corrupt. And we knew they were. This was not fiction. And I had to go and say, you know, our ambassadors, they get carried away, they want to all be literary people. They go off on tangents. What can I say. I had grown men cry. I mean, literally." Then, in a mocking Italian accent, "I am a friend of America, and you say these things about me."
- Washington Post later reports Berlusconi "eventually provided air bases as staging grounds for attacks."
- French officials claim that meeting participants were informed of the planned airstrike. The strikes clearly had been planned and coordinated with the knowledge of the United States and UK.
- That night, the first US airstrikes halt the advance of Gaddafi's forces on Benghazi and target Libya's air defenses. Members of Libya's Christian Coptic community are later decapitated en masse once Secretary Clinton and President Obama's objectives are met.
- 20 March. NATO's Supreme Allied Commander James Stavridis told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, days before President Obama publicly disclosed his decision to intervene, that US the intelligence community knew of al Qaeda and Hezbollah elements among the rebels.
- In Syria, Ba'ath party headquarters burnt down.
- 21 March. Obama announces US forces commenced operations in Libya two days earlier, on March 19, "to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe."
- National Security Advisor Tom Donilon and Deputy National Security Advisor Denis McDonough oppose attacking Libya; but Hillary Clinton "won the bureaucratic battle to use Department of Defense resources to achieve what's essentially the State Department's objective... and Obama let it happen". It is rare for a president to publicly go against the advice of his National Security Adivisor in a decision on military intervention, nonetheless Tom Donilon did not resign.
- United Nations Charter, Article 2(4), prohibits the “threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence” of a member state, and many observers object that Obama's actions violate this prohibition.
- Congressional Research Services advises that a no-fly zone imposed against a state that has not carried out an attack on its neighbors may consider the imposition an “armed attack.” CRS warns that even if a no-fly zone does not constitute an armed attack, "that state, and other members of the international community, might consider them a violation of the prohibition of the 'threat or use of force,' as well as of the customary duty of non-intervention in the affairs of other sovereign states."
- 22 March. Stravidis email to David Manners, business partner of Marc Turi, former congressional staffer to Sen. John McCain until February 2011 regarding illegal weapons supply to the TNC per a State Department authorization.
- 23 March. UK Air Vice Marshal declares air superiority: the Libyan Air Force “no longer exists as a fighting force.” NATO controls the skies.
- Syrian government seizes weapons stored at Al-Omari mosque in the city of Daraa. Daily Mail reports "'an armed gang' of 'peaceful protesters' opened fire on an ambulance, killing 'a doctor, a paramedic and a policeman'".
- Video of Berlusconi 'bunga bunga party' hits American cable news.
- 24 March. Clinton engages with Sarkozy, Cameron, and others to secure the transition of command and control of the "civilian protection mission" to NATO.
- Clinton announces the transition in a statement.
- Canada-based sociologist Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya later observed, "NATO is an undemocratic body and is not answerable to any constituency of voters. It is through NATO and international organizations that the voting public is being bypassed. The command of the war against Libya has deliberately been reassigned from the Pentagon to NATO as a clever means to bypass public scrutiny and accountability by the U.S. government and all other governments involved in this war."
- 26 March. A report from Rep. Dennis Kucinich corroborates the claim of Franco Bechis in Italy that "plans to spark the Benghazi rebellion were initiated by French intelligence services in November 2010."
- A blogger in Latakia, Syria, a majority Alewite/Shia port city in northern Syria, posts there is the "presence of foreign armed elements...The situation in Lattaka is terrible, [on March 26] five people got killed, and there were snipers who shot at the people from buildings...It looks as if certain groups there want to stir up a sectarian conflict to make people afraid and to become more powerful themselves,..." evidence the Syrian uprising was planned by professionals who brought in snipers that killed people from both sides: regime supporters and Sunni protesters to create blind hatred and anger.
- 27 March. An intelligence brief sent to Hillary by Sidney Blumenthal contains clear evidence of war crimes on the part of US-backed rebels. Citing a rebel commander source “speaking in strict confidence” Blumenthal reports:
Under attack from allied Air and Naval forces, the Libyan Army troops have begun to desert to the rebel side in increasing numbers. The rebels are making an effort to greet these troops as fellow Libyans, in an effort to encourage additional defections.
(Source Comment: Speaking in strict confidence, one rebel commander stated that his troops continue to summarily execute all foreign mercenaries captured in the fighting…).
- Extra-judicial killings are conventionally called “death squads."
- 28 March. AP reports Turkey takes over running the Benghazi airport. This is the beginning of a direct flightline to Adana, Turkey where captured Gaddadi regime weapons are delivered to AQI/ISI jihadis, for the purpose of overthrowing the Assad regime. The group eventually evolves into the Islamic State.
- 29 March. Clinton travels to London for a conference on Libya, where Clinton is a driving force behind the creation of a Contact Group comprising 20-plus countries to coordinate efforts to "protect civilians" and plan for a post-Gaddafi Libya. She is instrumental in setting up a rotating chair system to ensure regional buy-in.
- Russia and China accuse US of exceeding UNSC 1973 mandate.
- 18-30 March. Hillary Clinton engages with UAE, Qatar, and Jordan to seek their participation in coalition operations. Over the course of several days, all three devote aircraft to the mission.
- 31 March. Reuters reports "President Barack Obama has signed a secret order authorizing covert U.S. government support for rebel forces seeking to oust Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi...Obama signed the order, known as a presidential "finding", within the last two or three weeks"
- Another Reuters article notes Obama had CIA personal on the ground before signing the finding, and the Adm. Mike Mullen figured there were only about 1,000 rebels in number.
- March and April. According to the US State Dept., the Islamic State of Iraq claimed responsibility for 23 attacks south of Baghdad, all allegedly carried out under Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi's command.
- Spring. Obama intel officials capture and record private communications between Rep. Kucinich, and a Libyan official.
- 2 April. Wall Street Journal reports on Americans' training terrorists in the port city of Derna; when the Americans left to concentrate on the Syrian operation, terrorists beheaded people in front of small children as part of their training and 21 Christians were beheaded enmasse.
- Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) is centered around Derna and Benghazi. The Sinjar documents reveal 20% of all Iraq insurgents came from Derna, Sirte, and Misurata, 82% of which volunteered for suicide attacks.
- 4 April. Reuters reports al Qaeda in the Maghreb in possession of SAM-7s, a Soviet version of the Stinger missile.
- 7 April. Gen. Carter Ham, head of US Africa Command, tells the Senate Armed Services Committee that “we do estimate that there were as many as 20,000 [shoulder fired Stinger missiles capable of taking down a commercial airliner] in Libya before the conflict began.”
- 14 April. According to a Hillary staff email, Sec. of State Clinton travels to Berlin for NATO meetings. Clinton is the driving force behind NATO adopting a communiqué that calls for Gaddafi's departure as a political objective, and lays out three clear military objectives: (1) end of attacks and threat of attacks on civilians; (2) the removal of Gaddafi forces; (3) [redacted from original]. Germans refuse to go along.
- 15 April. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov at the Berlin conference accuses Obama administration of exceeding UNSC 1973 mandate and the agreements at the Paris summit. What started out as a mission to “protect civilians and enforce a no-fly zone,” has transformed into an effort at "regime change" without having a clear understanding as to the nature of the rebel opposition.
- 22 April. Salafists, the Muslim Brotherhood and AQI [Al Qaeda in Iraq, later ISIS] supported by Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Turkey, are infiltrated into the southwest Syrian border town of Daraa, a town of 150,000 inhabitants. Western media previously claimed 300,000 protesters were in the streets. 20 Syrian government soldiers are ambushed and beheaded. These are the first known instances of what would become the US-backed Salafi-jihadi's trademark use of terrorism. Government troops are lured into the town after rooftop snipers begin shooting at police during a civil demonstration. 90 people are killed in the days fighting. This marks the end of civil opposition to the regime. For the next half decade, Syria's "Civil War," as it is referred to in Western media, is a war between the Syrian Army and foreign jihadists backed by the United States, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and the Gulf states.
- 5 May. Sec. Hillary Clinton travels to Rome for a Contact Group meeting. The Contact Group establishes a coordination system and a temporary financial mechanism to funnel money to the National Transitional Council.
- 20 May. Washington Post reports Obama ignored the legal deadline set in the 1973 law that required him to obtain Congressional approval for U.S. military operations in Libya. Under the Nixon-era War Powers Resolution, the president must obtain Congressional authorization of military action within 60 days, or else begin withdrawing forces.
- 6 June. Jisr ash-Shugur massacre in Syria. 120 Syrian regime personnel are executed by US-backed "unarmed peaceful opposition protesters," according to Western media accounts. Many are beheaded and their bodies thrown from a bridge into the Orontes river. The atrocity is videotaped and uploaded to YouTube, later censored by Western cyberwarfare information specialists.
- 8 June. Sec. of State Clinton travels to Abu Dhabi for another Contact Group meeting and holds a series of intense discussions with jihadi and rebel leaders.
- 12 June. Clinton travels to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for consultations and a speech before the African Union, pressing the case for a "democratic transition" in Libya.
- 30 June. Def. Sec. Robert Gates resigns. Leon Panetta moves over from CIA Director as replacement. Michael Morell becomes acting CIA Director.
- Late June. Clinton meets with House Democrats and Senate Republicans to persuade them not to de-fund the Libya operation.
- 3 July. Turkey gives more aid to TNC to refurbish Benghazi airport.
- 12 July. Obama administration targets' Iraqis with new visa and background checks after terrorists residing in Bowling Green, Kentucky were discovered.
- 15 July. Hillary Clinton travels to Istanbul and announces that the US recognizes the Transitional National Council as the legitimate government of Libya. She also secures recognition of the TNC from the other members of the Contact Group.
- 17 July. Alexandra Valiente, living in Tripoli, writes:
The Coalition of the Willing had come to Libya to spare civilians from Gaddafi’s murderous madness. Four months later, the Libyan crowds have deserted “Liberated Benghazi” and are staging gigantic anti-NATO demonstrations. ... at present, the Libyan people are convinced that such a crackdown never took place and that the Libyan air force never attacked any residential area either in Benghazi or in Tripoli. That portion of the population who believed at first the information relayed through international television networks now thinks very differently. In the meantime, people have had the chance to obtain direct testimonies from family and friends scattered throughout the country and have reached the conclusion that it was all a disinformation campaign....
The National Transitional Council (TNC) has been incapable of constituting a social base. Its provisional capital Benghazi used to be a city of 800 000 inhabitants. In February, hundreds of thousands turned out to celebrate its creation. Today, the “city liberated by the rebels” and “protected by NATO” is virtually a lifeless agglomeration with barely 15 000 inhabitants left, most of whom are people who don’t have the means to leave. The Benghazis did not flee the fighting; they fled from the new regime.
...according to most experts, the number of “rebel forces” has dropped to between 800 and 1 000 combatants, armed to the teeth by NATO, but incapable of playing a significant role in the absence of popular support. It is very likely that there are more NATO Special Forces commandos on the ground than the number of Libyan combatants they are supposed to oversee.
- 18 July. Clinton sends Sec. of State for the Near East Jeffrey Feltman, U.S. ambassador to Libya Gene Cretz, and a senior director at the National Security Council Derek Chollet, to meet with Gaddafi envoys in Tunis "to deliver a clear and firm message that the only way to move forward, is for Gaddafi to step down". Libyan representatives are confused as to thinking the US had been an ally in fighting the radical Islamic jihadis the Obama administration now was supporting to overthrow Gaddafi.
- Former Clinton administration State Dept. Spokesman Jamie Rubin, husband of CNN’s Christiane Amanpour emails Hillary:
Again, congratulations are in order...It is a pleasure to see the State Department again leading the administration on this. Syria, too......the White House doesn’t seem like it cares very much. In general, the NSC seems uncomfortable with creative applications of American power and influence. And we all know the military and the Pentagon resist limited military operations, especially airpower-only engagements. So, it must be you and your colleagues at State. Well done. . . . even a small success like the one that is coming in Libya will turn around the steady decline in American influence in the region and around the world. I suspect that you know this, but European elites, Gulf elites, East Europeans and many others regard the Administration as weak.
- 28 July. Gen. Abdul Fatah Younis assassinated by Islamist members of the TNC.
It is clear in reading Hillary Clinton's emails that, in the glow of the fall of Muammar Gaddafi, Hillary embraced the call to spike the football and clearly was planning to use Libya as evidence of her leadership and skill that qualified her to become President.
The attack on US diplomats and CIA officers in Benghazi on 11 September 2012 however, destroyed that dream. The dream became a nightmare and Hillary scrambled to pretend that she was not the mover-and-shaker that destabilized Libya and made it a safe haven for ISIS, uncorking the bottle for the European migrant crisis.
- Early August. Hillary Clinton works to construct a $1.5 billion assets package to be approved by the UNSC and sent to the Libyan Transitional National Council (TNC). That package is working through its last hurdles.
- After military chief Abdel Fattah Younes is killed, Hillary's office sends a personal message to TNC head Jalil to press for a responsible investigation and a careful and inclusive approach to creating a new executive council.
- Early August. Clinton secures written pledges from the TNC to a supposed "pluralistic democratic transition". Clinton continues to consult with European and Arab colleagues on the evolving situation.
- 21 August. Jihadis enter Tripoli.
First, brava! This is a historic moment and you will be credited for realizing it. When Qaddafi himself is finally removed, you should of course make a public statement before the cameras wherever you are, even in the driveway of your vacation house. You must go on camera. You must establish yourself in the historical record at this moment. The most important phrase is: ‘successful strategy.’
Just a few points:
- The US has pursued a successful strategy in Libya... This was the right course, based on our interests and principles...
- Do not skimp on the reasons in the US interest...The US has demonstrated its principled belief in the rule of law and acted on...By acting in Libya we have helped advance the cause of democracy and freedom...We have put Assad on notice that the sands of time have run out for him as well. Our successful strategy in Libya stands as a warning that our strategy will work again. Etc.
- Be aware that some may attempt to justify the flamingly stupid ‘leading from behind’ phrase, junior types on the NSC imagining their cleverness. To refute this passive construction on US policy and help remove it as an albatross from the administration as it enters the election year, do not be defensive but rather simply explain that the US had a clear strategy from the start, stuck with it and has succeeded.
- Then you can say whatever on future policy — but only after asserting the historic success and explaining the reasons why.
- This is a very big moment historically and for you. History will tell your part in it. You are vindicated. But don’t wait, help Clio now.” (Blumenthal’s reference to “Clio” is to the Greek muse of history.)
- Jake Sullivan writes "Secretary Clinton's leadership on Libya" memorandum:
[Secretary Clinton] has been a critical voice on Libya in administration deliberations, at NATO, and in contact group meetings — as well as the public face of the U.S. effort in Libya. She was instrumental in securing the authorization, building the coalition, and tightening the noose around Qadhafi and his regime.
- 29 August. CBS News reports the indiscriminate killing of black people by US backed "Libyan rebels".
- 3 September. Hillary Clinton directs Jake Sullivan and her staff to document the case of Hillary’s “brilliance” in providing leadership for the destabilization of Libya.
- 6 September. David Petraeus become CIA Director, relieving Michael Morell as acting Director. Morell is immediately hired by David Rhodes, brother of Obama NSC staffer Ben Rhodes as CBS News National Security expert to spin Obama administration talking points.
- 7 September. bloomberg.com/news publishes:
Hillary Clinton Deserves Credit for U.S. Role in Libya:
View By the Editors –
The unsung hero of the Libya drama in the U.S. is Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. Clinton’s actions were critical for several reasons. Most important, she overcame Defense Secretary Robert Gates’s caution about using military force in Libya and his reluctance to support an operation led by France and Britain. ...
Despite the unusual arrangement in which the U.S. was a supporter rather than a leader of NATO’s military operation, she defended intervention before a skeptical Congress and performed the hard slog of daily diplomacy ...
...the decision to support NATO military action in Libya is probably the Obama administration’s most important achievement in international affairs. Although ... the country is a long way from having a stable, representative government...
History will surely judge that, by intervening on the side of the rebellion, the West — primarily the governments of France, the U.K. and the U.S. — made a unique and invaluable contribution ... That said, the Obama administration’s decision-making process remains opaque. ...
...by breaking with Gates, Clinton tipped the balance within the administration in favor of action. Without her strong argument ... Washington probably would not have acted. The president’s national security adviser, Tom Donilon, was declaring freedom in Libya to be outside the U.S. national interest, and both military and civilian officials in the Pentagon were reluctant to endorse or even opposed U.S. intervention. But Clinton’s push... appears to have been decisive.
...Congress not only opposed sending in ground troops but mostly opposed any U.S. involvement. Obama wisely resisted.
“For better or worse, the Libya model is not likely to be repeated anytime soon. This is not, as some say, because NATO will never again intervene in a situation like Libya’s. After the Kosovo war, many also said NATO would never again act against a dictator to save lives.
...Think about the conditions: ... a rebel army on the ground sought democratic change and espoused Western values; the UN at least loosely endorsed NATO air operations; ...Given those circumstances, it is still hard to explain why there were determined opponents, primarily in the Republican Party, to this mission in the first place.Throughout most of Obama’s term in office, only a few administration officials have commanded respect and political power on national security matters: Clinton, Gates and General David Petraeus, the most decorated and admired officer of recent times. With Gates now gone and Petraeus in a non-policy role as director of the Central Intelligence Agency, Clinton’s power will only increase as the president’s re-election campaign heats up. We hope she recognizes her opportunity and uses it well.
- 10 September. Blumenthal emails Hillary, "Per our conversation. Jamie [Rubin] writes editorial... Sid", and includes text of Rubin's Bloomberg editorial.
- 12 September. Reporting on eight hundred SAM-7 shoulder-fired missiles in the hands of Boko Haram from Gaddafi arsenals, David Ignatius of the Washington Post claims a
"former CIA officer wrote his FBI friend that the Niger contacts “have determined locally that the [United States government] doesn’t want to help them” chase down the missiles. “I suspect [the Near East division of CIA] squashed this by their normal bureaucratic warfare,” he speculated.
- 27 September. Brian Ross of ABC News in a report on Libya's 20,000 unaccounted for SAM-7 surface-to-air missiles (Soviet-era manufactured versions of the US Stinger missile capable of shooting down military or commercial aircraft within a distance of two miles):
"the U.S. State Department has one official on the ground in Libya, as well as five contractors who specialize in 'explosive ordinance disposal', all working with the rebel Transitional National Council to find the looted missiles."
- 28 September. According to David Ignatius's reporting,
[A] frustrated ex-CIA officer wrote a U.S. military contact: “The missiles are in the hands of al-Qaeda and being distributed. I would really like to know who in the agency was the roadblock and why.”
- 3 October. Obama administration secretly changes longstanding policy. The change creates a “loophole” that Sen. Ron Wyden of the Intelligence Committee later says allows the NSA to conduct “backdoor searches” or “incidental collection” of US citizens’ domestic communications.
- 4 October. In an internal email, Attn. Gen. Eric Holder’s top press aide Tracy Schmaler emails White House operative Eric Schultz calling CBS News reporter Sharyl Attkisson “out of control."
- 20 October. Gaddafi brutally executed.
- 26 October. Qatar takes credit for sending hundreds of troops into Libya to provide training, communications and strategy. Qatar "acted as the link between the rebels and Nato forces." Guardian adds,
Some, however, express concern at the emirate's support for Islamist elements such as the 17 February Martyrs Brigade, one of the most influential rebel formations, led by Abdel-Hakim Belhaj.
- After Gaddafi shut down Libya’s Internet system in early March, Qatar had given the revolutionaries access to its satellites.
- 27 November. Telegraph reports that the new Libyan authorities offered money and weapons to the insurgency against Bashar al-Assad.
[Abdulhakim Belhadj] also discussed sending Libyan fighters to train troops, the source said. Having ousted one dictator, triumphant young men, still filled with revolutionary fervour, are keen to topple the next. The commanders of armed gangs still roaming Tripoli's streets said yesterday that "hundreds" of fighters wanted to wage war against the Assad regime.
"Everyone wants to go. We have liberated our country, now we should help others," said the commander of the 'Fighting Village' brigade, "This is freedom. This is Arab unity".
Increasing volumes of video footage have been uploaded to YouTube of Syrians calling on Libyans to join their fight. In a clip backed by dramatic musical effects, a veiled Syrian woman entreats men from Misurata, the west Libyan city that fought off a month-long siege by forces loyal to Col Muammar Gaddafi, to come to save her country."
- 7 December. Special Operations Forces from US, UK, France, Jordan, Turkey are already on the ground in Syria training opposition forces and ready to act within 2–3 months.
- December. David Ignatius of the Washington Post claims an ex-CIA's officer's attempt to track eight hundred shoulder-fired SAM-7s in the hands of Boko Haram hit a “speed bump” at the CIA, apparently blocking communication.
By 2012 Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton both were running for president, Obama for re-election in 2012, Hillary to succeed him in 2016. Removing dictators in the Arab Spring was intended to give the impetus to both. But the Benghazi fiasco of September derailed Hillary's chances of remaining on in the State Department in Obama's second term, exposing covert operations, and slowed the progress of overthrowing Assad.
Nevertheless, Hillary established an important donor base in the Middle East who had provided funds for the removal of Assad and Gadaffi, then had a stake in seeing Hillary's election in 2016 through contributions to the Clinton Foundation.
The failure of the quick removal of Assad, along with Obama's complete disengagement of US troops from Iraq earlier, led to the unanticipated rise of the Islamic State in 2014, which further highlighted the failure of the Obama-Clinton foreign policy, and weakened Hillary's 2016 prospects.
Just as France and the UK were the driving forces in persuading Obama and Hillary to get behind Libyan regime change, so to were Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Turkey the driving forces behind Syrian regime change. In Libya, Gaddafi's African unity policy and development bank threatened established French and UK commercial investments. In Syria, Iranian support and the sanctuary given to Hezbollah - basically a standing contingent of the Iranian Quds Force on Israel's northern border - threatened both the Saudi kingdom and Israel. In both cases, Libya and Syria, Obama's policy of leading from behind - giving aid to minor allies who started unnecessary wars - had catastrophic consequences for the men, women, and children on three continents, victims of the parochial ambitions of minor state actors and ambitious career opportunists.
Overall, on a covert level, it had been a co-ordinated strategy from the beginning, to get rid of Gaddafi and Assad at once. First Gaddafi, then with captured weapons caches and experienced, fired up jihadis, ship them off to dispose of Assad, with Qatar and the US in the background as players since the UNSC 1970 was passed. Gaddafi took a little longer than anticipated, most thought he'd be out by April 2011, but it took until October. UK & France would bow out in the Syrian operation, where Saudi Arabia and Turkey stepped forward to play leading roles. And this was expected to be a tougher and slightly more enduring fight, six months behind schedule, but unlike Gaddafi, Assad still retained WMD, as well.
When the history of this era is finally written, the biggest misperception and misnomer to emerge is the Syrian Civil War. There never was a Syrian Civil War. The first shots fired were by foreign actors intent upon regime change.
- January. A Saudi diplomatic cable reads that the Kingdom "must seek by all means available and all possible ways to overthrow the current regime in Syria," expresses fear of Russian intervention if it cannot be done quickly, and note "there is a lack of ‘desire’ and not a lack of ‘capability’ on the part of Western countries, chief among them the United States, to take firm steps…”
- 12 February. Deputy Assistant to President Barack Obama, emails Sec. Clinton to notify her "[Al Qaeda] is on our side in Syria. Otherwise, things have basically turned out as expected;" the only legal basis Obama has for the use force (2001 AUMF) is to destroy Al Qaeda and associated groups.
- 13 February. Remote hackers secretly download new spy software proprietary to a federal agency onto Sharyl Attkisson’s CBS work computer. The software was secretly attached to a legitimate Hotmail email and downloaded in the background after a pop-up ad appeared.
- 22 February. Sens. Blumenthal, McCain, and Graham visit Libya and meet with Abdulhakim Belhadj. Belhadj oversees training for the Obama administration in Eastern Libya (principally Derna and Benghazi) of jihadis for Syria.
- 19 March. In Toulouse, France three children under the age of seven are chased and shot in the head at a Jewish school along with their father. In total Mohammed Mera killed seven people including three soldiers in a week long shooting spree in three separate attacks.
- 7 April. Justice Dept. publicly announces vast expansion of cyber related efforts to address alleged “national security-related cyber issues.” FBI announces same program 12 April.
- 12 April. In Macedonia five young Christian fishermen between the ages of 18 and 22 are brutally slaughtered by a group of radical Muslims at a lake.
- Cartoonist Lars Hedegaard acquitted unanimously on appeal to Danish Supreme Court overturning conviction of hate speech under the Danish Penal Code for making remarks critical of Islam, including “girls in Muslim families are raped by their uncles, their cousins, or their dad.” He appealed the verdict, and in 2012, the Supreme Court of Denmark acquitted him in a 7-0 decision.
- 23 April. [week of 22-29]. 18328 Wikileaks Hillary Clinton email archive. NEW IRAN AND SYRIA 2.DOC. Lays out justification and strategy for the anti-Assad campaign.
- 5 May. In Bonn, Germany twenty-nine police are injured when 'strict Muslims' attack with bottles and sticks over cartoons of Muhammad. One week later two police officers are stabbed by an Islamist.
- May. Justice Dept. official Lisa Monaco writes to Sec. Clinton asking to designate Boko Haram as a terrorist organization. The following month, Gen. Carter Ham, the chief of U.S. Africa Command, said that Boko Haram provided a ‘safe haven’ for al Qaeda in North Africa, and was likely sharing explosives and funds with the group. The group had already bombed the United Nations headquarters in Abuja. Clinton refused despite requests coming from the US Justice Dept, the FBI, the CIA, and numerous Senators and Congressmen. Obama and Clinton had already armed al Qaeda in North Africa, the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, and Ansar al Shariah to destabilize the Gadaffi and Assad regimes.
- 2 June. In France three young Jewish men with skullcaps are severely beaten with hammers and iron bars by ten Muslims.
- 21 June. New York Times reports "C.I.A. officers are operating secretly in southern Turkey, helping allies decide which Syrian opposition fighters across the border will receive arms to fight the Syrian government...[weapons] are being funneled mostly across the Turkish border by way of a shadowy network of intermediaries including Syria’s Muslim Brotherhood and paid for by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar."
- 25 July. In Afghanistan, a US Chinook helicopter is shot down with a new generation of US Stinger missile procured by the Taliban from Qatar. A serial number from the missile casing is recovered, tracing the Stinger's origin to a lot disbursed to the CIA which the CIA delivered to Qatar intended for Libya and Syria during the early days of the Libyan war. Hillary Clinton's State Dept. & the CIA jointly ran the covert weapons supply program. Some of the Stinger's that Qater illegally transferred to the Taliban may have been recovered in a trade for 5 Taliban commanders released from Guantanamo.
- 27 July. Adventure film maker Bernard-Henri Levy tells al-Arabiya TV, "What we did in Libya is more doable in Syria."
- 30 July. The Guardian reports,
these were not average members of the Free Syrian Army. Abu Khuder and his men fight for al-Qaida. They call themselves the ghuraba’a, or “strangers”, after a famous jihadi poem celebrating Osama bin Laden’s time with his followers in the Afghan mountains, and they are one of a number of jihadi organisations establishing a foothold in the east of the country now that the conflict in Syria has stretched well into its second bloody year.
They try to hide their presence. “Some people are worried about carrying the [black] flags” ...
...[they] are working closely with the military council that commands the Free Syrian Army brigades in the region. “We meet almost every day,” he said. “We have clear instructions from our [al-Qaida] leadership that if the FSA need our help we should give it. We help them with IEDs and car bombs. Our main talent is in the bombing operations” ...
“The FSA lacks the ability to plan and lacks military experience. That is what [al-Qaida] can bring. ...
“In the beginning there were very few. Now, mashallah, there are immigrants joining us and bringing their experience,” he told the gathered people. “Men from Yemen, Saudi, Iraq and Jordan...“[Al-Qaida’s] goal is establishing an Islamic state and not a Syrian state,” he replied. “Those who fear the organisation fear the implementation of Allah’s jurisdiction...
- 31 July. NBC News reports anti-Assad forces obtained shoulder fired surface-to-air missiles.
- July. Justice Dept. designates US Attorneys’ offices as “force multipliers” in further stepped-up cyber efforts in the name of national security.
- Hackers remotely “refresh” ongoing surveillance of Attkisson’s CBS News laptop.
- Summer. FBI 'incidentally' stumbles across emails revealing CIA Dir. David Petraeus’ affair with his biographer Broadwell. FBI Dir. Robert Mueller is notified of the affair on a date the government will not disclose. The FBI later says it interviewed Petraeus and Broadwell, and concluded national security hasn’t been breached. The FBI keeps all of this information secret.
- In late summer, on a date the government won’t reveal, the FBI notifies Attn. Gen. Holder of the Petraeus affair.
- 1 August. Reuters reports Obama issued a secret Presidential Finding earlier in the year authorising transfer of captured weapons from Libya to Syria.
under provisions of the presidential finding, the United States was collaborating with a secret command center operated by Turkey and its allies.
Last week, Reuters reported that, along with Saudi Arabia and Qatar, Turkey had established a secret base near the Syrian border to help direct vital military and communications support to Assad’s opponents.
This “nerve center” is in Adana, a city in southern Turkey about 60 miles (100 km) from the Syrian border, which is also home to Incirlik, a U.S. air base where U.S. military and intelligence agencies maintain a substantial presence.
Turkey’s moderate Islamist government has been demanding Assad’s departure with growing vehemence. Turkish authorities are said by current and former U.S. government officials to be increasingly involved in providing Syrian rebels with training and possibly equipment.European government sources said wealthy families in Saudi Arabia and Qatar were providing significant financing to the rebels. Senior officials of the Saudi and Qatari governments have publicly called for Assad’s departure.
- Amb. Christopher Stevens put in charge of the covert operation. The aim is to arm jihadist groups which transformed themselves into the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria to overthrow Bashar al Assad.
- 12 August. Defense Intelligence Agency document circulated widely among government agencies, including CENTCOM, the CIA, FBI, DHS, NGA (National Geospacial Agency), State Dept., and many others. The document states the West (NATO powers), members of the Gulf Cooperation Council (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates), and Turkey want an Islamic State ("Salafist principality in Eastern Syria") to oppose the regime of Bashar al-Assad.
AQI [al Qaeda in Iraq] SUPPORTED THE SYRIAN OPPOSITION FROM THE BEGINNING, BOTH IDEOLOGICALLY AND THROUGH THE MEDIA…
... AFTER THE RISE OF THE INSURGENCY IN SYRIA, THE RELIGIOUS AND TRIBAL POWERS IN THE REGIONS BEGAN TO SYMPATHIZE WITH THE SECTARIAN UPRISING. THIS (SYMPATHY) APPEARED IN FRIDAY PRAYER SERMONS, WHICH CALLED FOR VOLUNTEERS TO SUPPORT THE SUNNIS IN SYRIA...
THE FUTURE ASSUMPTIONS OF THE CRISIS:
...DEVELOPMENT OF THE CURRENT EVENTS INTO PROXY WAR: …OPPOSITION FORCES ARE TRYING TO CONTROL THE EASTERN AREAS (HASAKA AND DER ZOR), ADJACENT TO THE WESTERN IRAQI PROVINCES (MOSUL AND ANBAR), IN ADDITION TO NEIGHBORING TURKISH BORDERS. ...
WESTERN COUNTRIES, THE GULF STATES AND TURKEY ARE SUPPORTING THESE EFFORTS. ...SIMILAR TO WHAT TRANSPIRED IN LIBYA WHEN BENGHAZI WAS CHOSEN AS THE COMMAND CENTER OF THE TEMPORARY GOVERNMENT...
...THE WEST, GULF COUNTRIES, AND TURKEY SUPPORT THE [SYRIAN] OPPOSITION… THERE IS THE POSSIBILITY OF ESTABLISHING A DECLARED OR UNDECLARED SALAFIST PRINCIPALITY IN EASTERN SYRIA (HASAKA AND DER ZOR), AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE SUPPORTING POWERS TO THE OPPOSITION WANT, IN ORDER TO ISOLATE THE SYRIAN REGIME……ISI COULD ALSO DECLARE AN ISLAMIC STATE THROUGH ITS UNION WITH OTHER TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS IN IRAQ AND SYRIA...
- Gen. Michael T. Flynn had been Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency for about three weeks. Flynn opposed the creation of the Islamic State. After it was declared in June 2014, Flynn was fired.
- 5 September. A Libyan ship called Al Entisar (“The Victory”) docks in the Turkish port of Iskenderun carrying 400 tons of cargo including weapons such as rocket-propelled grenades (RPGs) and shoulder-launched SAM-7 surface-to-air missiles (aka MANPADS) destined for Syrian rebels.
- Barack Obama delivers Acceptance speech in Charlotte, NC for re-nomination as president.
- Bill Clinton introduces Obama; at the exact moment Clinton in speaking, the first black female combat pilot, Army Chief Warrant Officer Thalia S. Ramirez, was shot down and killed by a shoulder-fired missile in Afghanistan, most likely procured from Libya.
- Some Obama officials become frustrated with CIA Dir. Petraeus as he opposes efforts to whitewash the terrorist attack from the public Benghazi talking points. Petraeus deputy Mike Morell is given authority over the fake news, and aligns with Hillary Clinton’s State Department against Petraeus’s desires.
- 14 September. The Benghazi "talking points" were born out of a request from Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger, ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee. CIA Dir. David Petraeus had just given a classified briefing to Ruppersberger and other Intelligence Committee members. A source who was present said that following the briefing, "Ruppersberger wanted to know 'what can I say on TV'?"
- Deputy National Security Advisor Ben Rhodes emailed that there would be a Deputies meeting the next morning to work out the issues.
- The administration's "Dream Team" to write the talking points to fool Congress on Benghazi. The "Dream Team" consisted of: Maj. Gen. Darryl Roberson, Vice Dir. of Operations, Joint Staff; Matt Olson, Dir. of the National Counterterrorism Center; Andy McCabe, Asst. Dir. of Counterterrorism for the FBI, later involved in the Hillary Clinton email coverup investigation; and Linda Weissgold from CIA Office of Terrorism Analysis (OTA).
- Linda Weissgold testified she changed one such talking point to say that extremists in Benghazi with ties to al Qaeda were involved in “protests,” despite the fact that no such protests had occurred on the day of the attack.
- The final version called the attacks "demonstrations" that "evolved" after being "spontaneously inspired" by protest at the US Embassy in Cairo. All mentions of terrorism, al Qaeda and previous warnings given by the CIA had been excised.
- 16 September. Susan Rice appears on 5 Sunday talk shows to put out a fake news narrative that the Benghazi massacre was a "spontaneous demonstration" rather than a terrorist attack. The presidential election is less than two months away, and the White House is fearful of upsetting President Obama's chance of winning by giving the public the truth.
- 25 September. President Obama crows from the speakers platform at the United Nations, "[T]he future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."
- 2 October. Sec. Hillary Clinton announces her selection of appointees to an Accountability Review Board (ARB), which will conduct an internal review and whitewash of the Benghazi massacre. The board begins work the same week. Clinton ultimately will never be interviewed by the Accountability investigators.
- 3 October. Sec. Hillary Clinton responds to question at press conference, "I believe that our diplomats, our leaders, and the American people deserve a rigorous, serious, careful process."
- 5 October. Time magazine announces the formation of the 20,000 strong Omar al-Farouq Brigade in Syria, one of the "moderate rebel" groups receiving American funding under the umbrella Free Syrian Army. In May 2015 Human Rights Watch releases a video of one of its commanders carving the heart and liver out of a dead Assad regime soldier and eating the heart.
- 15 October. Hillary Clinton first acknowledges that the State Dept. considered using outside assets to rescue Amb. Stevens and those under siege in Benghazi, but decided against it: "Well we considered everything and, um, we did as you know send additional assets from Tripoli. But it was a fast moving, very difficult assault to try to figure out. As you know, the assault on the post ended, there was a gap of time, then the assault on the annex, um, so everybody who had any responsibility was scrambling very hard to figure out what more could be done." Clinton said they did not send assets from outside Libya "partly because of the difficulties of trying to do that...but I think all of this will be examined in the Accountability Review Board because after all we have this independent board to sort through everything." The Accountability Review Board never spoke with Clinton.
- 16 October. President Obama issues top secret presidential directive on ordering intelligence officials to draw up a list of overseas targets for cyberattacks. According to The Guardian, the directive also “contemplates the possible use of cyber actions inside the US.”
- 19 October. In the weeks before his murder, Amb. Stevens sent the State Dept. several requests for increased security for diplomats in Libya, CBS News' Attkisson reports.
- 20 October. Attkisson reports no outside US military help was sent to Benghazi despite the presence of a major naval air base in Sigonella, Italy, less than one hour's flight away.
- 21 October. In debate, Obama chastises Mitt Romney with:
I’m glad that you recognize that al Qaeda is a threat, because a few months ago when you were asked what’s the biggest geopolitical threat facing America, you said Russia.
- Although the line is meant as a zinger, the mainstream media is not reporting (a) Obama armed and supported al Qaeda to overthrow Gaddafi; (b) the same al Qaeda groups Obama armed and assisted attacked the US embassey in Benghazi and murdered Americans; and (c) at that very moment Obama was arming al Qaede in Syria which mutated into the Islamic State.
- 23 October. Sharyl Attkisson obtains some of the Obama administrations's first internal emergency alerts sent during the Benghazi attack. As the assault began, at 4:05 p.m. ET on September 11, an alert from the State Dept. Operations Center was issued to various government emergency watch lists including the White House Situation Room, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, and the FBI. Entitled "US Diplomatic Mission in Benghazi Under Attack," the alert reports "approximately 20 armed people fired shots; explosions have been heard as well. Ambassador Stevens, who is currently in Benghazi, and four COM (Chief of Mission/embassy) personnel are in the compound safe haven."
- Another alert an hour later reports: "the firing... has stopped...A response team is on site attempting to locate COM personnel."
- At 6:07 p.m. ET, an alert was sent with the subject heading "Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack." The US Embassy in Tripoli, says the alert, reports the group "claimed responsibility on Facebook and Twitter and has called for an attack on Embassy Tripoli." That alert was sent around midnight in Benghazi, hours before the wave of mortar attacks against the CIA Benghazi annex began.
- October. CBS begins airing Attkisson’s Benghazi stories which rely on whistleblowers and numerous government-linked confidential sources. These sources report that the Executive Branch is clamping down on leaks to reporters regarding the Benghazi massacre.
- Justice Dept. continues its stepped-up National Security Division cyber efforts, holding specialized training at DOJ headquarters for the National Security Cyber Specialists (NSCS) network and the Criminal Division’s Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section (CCIPS).
- As CIA Dir. Petraeus’s interagency relationships deteriorate over his refusal to go along with White House and State Dept. Benghazi talking points, unnamed FBI agents reach out to Republicans in Congress to tell about Petraeus’s affair. They eventually land at the office of Republican majority leader Eric Cantor. With the presidential elections about a week away, Cantor stays mum on the Petraeus rumors and instead contacts the FBI about them.
- The FBI interviews Petraeus and Broadwell a second time.
- 1 November. CBS News' Sharyl Attkisson reports that the Obama administration did not convene an emergency meeting of the Counterterrorism Security Group during the Benghazi attack. Attkisson also reports on a draft letter obtained by ForeignPolicy.com, written the very day of the Benghazi attack, that someone on the US team in Benghazi spotted a member of the local police photographing the inside of the US mission. The letter, intended for the head of the Libyan Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Benghazi, called for an investigation. Another draft letter written two days before complained of an inadequate local police presence around the compound, requested ahead of Amb. Chris Stevens' arrival.
- 6 November. Obama reelected.
- Officials claim this day is the first time Dir. of National Intelligence Clapper is notified about the Petraeus affair by an unspecified official at the Justice Dept. Clapper calls Petraeus and urges him to resign.
- 7-9 November. Attn. Gen. Eric Holder hosts a national training conference at Justice Dept. headquarters for the expanded efforts of DOJ’s National Security Cyber Specialists (NSCS).
- Obama administration says somebody notifies somebody at the White House about the Petraeus affair on Nov. 7. The President is reportedly looped in for the first time on Nov. 8.
- 8 November. Senate Intelligence Committee schedules closed hearing on the Benghazi attack November 15. Among those called to testify are CIA Dir. Gen. David Petraeus.
- 9 November. CIA Dir. Gen. Petraeus resigns under threat of prosecution by Eric Holder's Justice Dept.
- 13 November. FBI initiates a body of cyber security case investigations that would later relate to Attkisson’s computer intrusions.
- 16 November. Gen. Petraeus gives closed-door briefings to Congress on the Benghazi attack, and when exactly U.S. officials knew there were terrorists involved. After the hearing, members emerge saying CIA talking points on the attack were altered.
- 19 November. Dana Milbank of the Wahington Post writes, "President Obama had a rare “bring-it-on” moment...'If Senator McCain and Senator Graham and others want to go after somebody, they should go after me...For them to go after the U.N. ambassador . . . and to besmirch her reputation, is outrageous.' ... Obama’s over-the-top defense of Rice was surprising...She is ill-equipped to be the nation’s top diplomat....The Russian business daily Kommersant quoted an anonymous Russian foreign ministry official as saying that Rice, who quarreled with Russia over Syria, is “too ambitious and aggressive,” and her appointment would make it “more difficult for Moscow to work with Washington.” ...in her much-criticized TV performance, she was reciting talking points given to her by the intelligence agencies. But that’s the trouble. Rice stuck with her points even though they had been contradicted by the president of the Libyan National Assembly, who, on CBS’s Face the Nation just before Rice, said there was “no doubt” that the attack on Americans in Benghazi “was preplanned.” Rice rebutted the Libyan official, arguing — falsely, it turned out — that there was no evidence of such planning. True, Rice was following orders from the White House, which she does well. But the nation’s top diplomat needs to show more sensitivity and independence — traits Clinton has demonstrated in abundance. Obama can do better at State than Susan Rice.
- A spokesman for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence said, "The talking points about the intelligence assessment that Amb. Rice used were produced by the intelligence community. Officials determined that the unclassified points should use the broader term 'extremists' when referring to those responsible for the attack."
- 27 November. Susan Rice meets with Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham on Capitol Hill to explain her initial remarks on the Benghazi attack. Graham said afterword he was "more disturbed now than I was before," and McCain said he was "significantly troubled by many of the answers that we got and some that we didn't get."
- 29 November. Washington Post reports Susan Rice's net worth at $20 million. Rice is a career civil servant.
- November. The New York Times reported David Petraeus had been instrumental in helping to get an aviation network moving to supply ISIS rebels and prodded various countries to work together on it.
- Three Royal Jordanian Air Force C-130s landed in Esenboga, in a hint at what would become a stepped-up Jordanian and Saudi role. “Within three weeks, two other Jordanian cargo planes began making a round-trip run between Amman, the capital of Jordan, and Zagreb, the capital of Croatia, where, officials from several countries said, the aircraft were picking up a large Saudi purchase of infantry arms from a Croatian-controlled stockpile." Two Jordanian Ilyushins bearing the logo of the Jordanian International Air Cargo firm but flying under Jordanian military call signs made a combined 36 round-trip flights between Amman and Croatia from December 2012 through February 2013. The same two planes made five flights between Amman and Turkey in January 2013. "As the Jordanian flights were under way, the Qatari flights continued and the Royal Saudi Air Force began a busy schedule, too — making at least 30 C-130 flights into Esenboga from mid-February 2013 to early March 2013, according to flight data provided by a regional air traffic control official.”
- “American officials have confirmed that senior White House officials were regularly briefed on the shipments.”
- Snowden leaks detail a program that trained approximately 10,000 rebel fighters at a cost of $1 billion a year.
- 6 December. New York Times confirms "Qataris provided weapons, money and training to various rebel groups in Libya [destined for Syria]. One militia that received aid was controlled by [Abdelhakim Belhadj], then leader of the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, who was held by the C.I.A. in 2004..."
- 14 December. President Obama signs the Magnitsky Act. John McCain is a chief sponsor. Russian parliament retaliates banning Americans from adopting Russian children. European Union stymied, under pressure from the US to pass similar legislation, but with much closer social and economic ties to Russia, fails to act. The incident is seen by some as a provocation for a new, brewing Cold War.
- 27 December. Sens. Ron Wyden and Mark Udall, publicly warn of the “back-door search loophole” or "incidental" collection of innocent Americans. Udall says,
As it is written, there is nothing to prohibit the intelligence community from searching through a pile of communications, which may have been incidentally or accidentally been collected without a warrant, to deliberately search for the phone calls or e-mails of specific Americans.
- December. Two intelligence-connected sources separately suggest to Attkisson that she’s likely under government surveillance due to her reporting. One source tells her the government has pushed the envelope like never before and that the public would be shocked to “learn the extent that the government is conducting surveillance of private citizens.”
- 3 January. Arms flight reported from Qatar to Istanbul destined for Islamic State rebels.
- 21 January. Obama re-inaugurated for second term.
- 5 February. In Copenhagen Denmark cartoonist Lars Hedegaard narrowly escapes an assassination attempt in his home from a man who fires from a yard away. Danish Prime Minister condemns the attack, and says the case was even more severe if the motive was to prevent Hedegaard from exercising free speech. In November 2016, the US State Department issued a note, designating three persons as terror-operatives: "Basil Hassan is an external operations plotter for ISIL. In 2013, Hassan was accused of shooting Lars Hedegaard, a 70-year old Danish author and journalist. After being arrested in Turkey in 2014, he was released as part of an alleged exchange for 49 hostages held by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL). After his release, Hassan was believed to have travelled to Syria to join ISIL."
- 5 March. CBS News' Sharyl Attkisson reports some of the first revelations on "who changed the Benghazi talking points." One source who reviewed the documents said removal of the word "al Qaeda" from the talking points was initiated by one of the "press shops." The source said press officers from the Defense Intelligence Agency, the White House and the FBI were "looped in" from the start and that some of them expressed concerns in writing that the media would ask follow up questions if certain words or phrases were used. The source added that the Director of National Intelligence James Clapper and then-Deputy CIA Director Michael Morell were included in these emails. A DNI spokesman acknowledged that press officers from his agency and other agencies were looped in and took part in the talking points exchanges, but he said "no press officers suggested the edits of the specific words 'al Qaeda.'"
- 7 March. Senate confirms John Brennan as CIA Director. Brennan is now in charge of writing the CIA's response to torture allegations in the Senate Intelligence Oversight Torture report which implicates Brennan.
- 12 March. In public testimony before the Senate Intelligence Oversight Committee Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden asked Obama Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper, "Does the NSA collect any type of data at all on millions, or hundreds of millions, of Americans?" Clapper replied, “No sir. Not wittingly."
- 14 March. CBS News reports Libyan and US investigators have been questioning a suspect long affiliated with the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG), and is believed to have connections to other Islamist radicals. LIGF is one of the main terror groups the Obama administration funded.
- March. CIA awards a $600 million contract to Amazon Web Services for a computing cloud system which would allow all 17 agencies of the US intelligence community to coordinate and share information. The General Accounting Office found the deal violated the open bidding process, but a federal court stood by CIA's action.
- 8 April Islamic State of Iraq (aka AQI) proclaims itself the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.
- 12 April. The Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court secretly approves the latest FBI request to continue obtaining daily telephone records of millions of Verizon customers. The judge orders Verizon to turn over the information to the National Security Agency (NSA). This directly contradicts Clapper’s March 12 testimony to Congress.
- 17 April. CBS News' Sharyl Attkisson reports that the House Oversight Committee sent letters to the three federal agencies—the CIA, the Defense Department and the State Department—in response to new whistleblower revelations on the Benghazi attacks. The letters instruct how whistleblowers are to be able to share sensitive or classified information with their own attorneys, and ask for each agency's official description of the legal steps that process must follow. The letters also state that additional witnesses may be "compelled by subpoena to give testimony."
- 22 April. EU lifts oil sanctions to make it legal for European entities to buy oil from al Nusra and Islamic State.
- 23 April. Five House Committees issue interim report on Benghazi attacks naming Sec.of State Hillary Clinton and other Obama administration officials responsible for reducing security levels at the consulate, contradicting testimony Hillary Clinton gave under oath before Congress. The report issued by the Armed Services, Judiciary, Foreign Affairs, Intelligence and Oversight and Government Reform Committees reaches three major conclusions:
- First, Clinton approved security reductions at the consulate, pointing to an April 2012 State Dept. cable bearing her signature. The cable was a formal request from then-Amb.Cretz for more security. In her testimony before Congress in January, Clinton said, "With specific security requests they didn't come to me. I had no knowledge of them."
- The report charges that White House and senior State Dept. officials attempted to protect the State Dept. from criticism by altering accurate talking points drafted by Gen. Petraeus and the intelligence community. The report says that, after a Sept. 15, 2012 meeting, administration officials removed references to the likely participation of Islamic extremists.
- The report contradicts Obama administration claims that the talking points were altered to protect classified information. None of the emails reviewed ever mentioned a concern about classified information.
- 30 April. Attorney for a whistleblower on the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks on the US consulate in Benghazi says the Obama administration is impeding her clients and others' efforts to speak.
- April. A secret memo later exposed by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden discusses how the US, along with Brirish intelligence, is collecting information “directly from the servers of …Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, AOL, Skype, YouTube, Apple.”
- Foundation for Open Society Macedonia (FOSM) is awarded 18 USAID grants by the US State Dept.; FOSM is a Soros-run foundation. Recipients of grants in Macedonia are known as 'Soros army'. Soros is later accused of wanting to destroy Macedonia, its name, language, and identity." Obama and Soros have been accused of interfering in Macedonia's democratic process.
- 5 May. Excerpts of an interview investigators conducted with Gregory Hicks, the no. 2 U.S. diplomat in Libya who was in Tripoli during the Benghazi attack are leaked to CBS News. The US diplomat contradicted the Obama White House version.
I never reported a demonstration; I reported an attack on the consulate. Chris [Stevens] last report, if you want to say his final report - is, 'Greg, we are under attack.'...I've never been as embarrassed in my life, in my career, as on that day" (that Susan Rice appeared on talk shows calling the attack the result of a demonstration,) The net impact of what has transpired is, [Rice,] the spokesperson of the most powerful country in the world, has basically said that the president of Libya is either a liar or doesn't know what he's talking about. ....My jaw hit the floor as I watched this."
- 6 May. CBS News' Sharyl Attkisson reports more details from private testimony in which a team of Special Operation Forces prepared to fly from Tripoli to Benghazi during the Sept. 11, 2012 attacks was forbidden from doing so by US Special Operations Command Africa. Investigators heard that if the US had quickly sent military aircraft over Benghazi, it might have saved American lives. The US Souda Bay Naval Base is an hour's flight from Libya.
- 8 May. Three US officials stationed in Libya the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack deliver accounts of the events and their aftermath. They renew criticism against the Obama administration for issuing stand-down orders to Special Operations Forces who were ready to assist.
- 10 May. Brennan meets with Obama in the White House to discuss CIA's response to the Torture Report.
- A senior administration official tells CBS News' that reports State Dept. officials helped make final edits to the false information supplied to Congress about the Benghazi attacks -- the same false information Susan Rice lied about in her television appearances on Sept. 16, 2012 were "just false."
- 11 May. CBS News' Sharyl Attkisson reports details of approximately 100 interagency government emails, sent on Sept. 14 and Sept. 15, 2012 regarding the content of the talking points to be used by Susan Rice on the Sunday shows about the Benghazi attacks. The talking points were revised numerous times.
- 13 May. The AP announced telephone records for 20 of their reporters had been subpoenaed by the Justice Department. News sources reported the US Attorney's office for the District of Columbia was conducting a criminal investigation into publication of a foiled May 2012 terrorist plot. While journalists are protected, leakers in the government are subject to prosecution. The Justice Dept. subpoenaed the phone records of AP from Verizon and other service providers. The AP claimed these acts were a "massive and unprecedented intrusion" into news-gathering. The "intrusion" is the frightening off of government sources, the bread and butter of the Washington news gathering industry. CEO Gary Pruitt of AP stated: "These records potentially reveal communications with confidential sources across all of the newsgathering activities undertaken by the AP during a two-month period, provide a road map to AP's newsgathering operations and disclose information about AP's activities and operations that the government has no conceivable right to know;" a "conceivable right to know" would be a hunt for leakers of FISA information within the administration.
- Human Rights Watch releases video of an Obama administration "moderate rebel" group commander carving the heart and liver out of a dead Assad regime soldier and eating it.
- 15 May. White House releases some 100 pages of internal emails showing how CIA talking points originally referenced al Qaeda's links to the Benghazi attack. After revisions the al Qaeda references were removed.
- 16 May. Financial Times reports Qatar has spent $3 billion over the past two years bankrolling the jihadi rebels in Syria.
- 22 May. Lee Rigby, a British soldier, beheaded on a London public street in daylight while hundreds of ordinary citizens stand about and watch.
- 23 May. Open rift emerges between Ayman Zawahiri the leader of al Qaeda, and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi the leader of ISIS. Zawahiri headquartered in Pakistan forbid his group in Syria, the al-Nusra Front, from merging with the Islamic State of Iraq. Baghdadi was attempting to consolidate the two into the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. Negotiations continue for months until February 2015 when a mediator sent by Zawahiri to resolve differences among local commanders is killed by ISIS suicide bombers.
- The policy dispute between ISIS and al Qaeda centers on ISIS wanting immediately to declare the Islamic State, whereas al-Nusra and its al Qaeda leadership wish to focus on overturning the local regimes in Iraq, Syria, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia, recapturing Mecca and Medina before declaring a Caliphate.
- 25 May. A French soldier is stabbed in the neck by a Muslim in a Paris shopping district.
- 6 June. Asked at a hearing if the Justice Dept. spies on members of Congress, Attn. Gen. Holder refuses to answer.
- The UK Guardian reveals NSA unlimited metadata collection under FISA protection. Data collection on 4 million of Verizon customers are collected daily.
- 7 June. Guardian reveals NSA tapping through back doors into US internet companies such as Apple, Google and Facebook with a program called Prism [GCHQ counterpart = Tempora].
- An 18-page memo shows Obama ordering intelligence officials to draw up a list of overseas targets for cyberattacks.
- Obama defends NSA wiretapping.
- The Guardian story, soon to be known as the Snowden leaks, is more evidence Obama Director of National Intelligence (DNI) James Clapper misled Congress and public about the true nature and extent of domestic intelligence gathering in his 12 March sworn testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee.
- 8 June. Documents reveal the NSA's Boundless Informant program, which gives the agency near real-time ability to understand how much intelligence coverage there is on certain areas through use of a "heat map."
- 9 June. Edward Snowden steps forward as source of NSA leaks published in The Guardian. Introducing himself Snowden says,
“I, sitting at my desk, certainly had the authorities to wiretap anyone, from you or your accountant, to a federal judge, to even the president if I had a personal e-mail.
It’s getting to the point you don’t have to have done anything wrong. You simply have to eventually fall under suspicion from somebody, even by a wrong call, and then they can use the system to go back in time and scrutinize every decision you have ever made.”
- Training materials provided by Snowden for XKeyscore propgram detail how analysts can use it and other systems to mine enormous NSA databases by filling in a simple on-screen form giving only a broad justification for the search. The request is not reviewed by a court or any NSA personnel before it is processed. The program covers "nearly everything a typical user does on the internet", including the content of emails, websites visited and searches, as well as their metadata. Under US law, the NSA is required to obtain an individualized FISA warrant only if the target of their surveillance is a 'US person', though no such warrant is required for intercepting the communications of Americans with foreign targets. But XKeyscore provides the technological capability, if not the legal authority, to target even US persons for extensive electronic surveillance without a warrant provided that some identifying information, such as their email or IP address, is known.
- 10 June. Wall Street Journal reports FISA Court has rejected only 11 of 33,900 warrant requests in the 33 years the law has been in existence.
- 16 June. Snowden reveals intelligence sharing on Britain's GCHQ (its intelligence agency) intercepting phone and internet communications of foreign politicians attending two G-20 meetings in London in 2009.
- Snowden leaks top-secret procedures steps the NSA must take to target and collect data from "non-US persons" and how it must minimize, or mask, data collected on US citizens.
- 21 June. Snowden leaks how Britain's GCHQ taps fiber-optic cables to collect and store global email messages, Facebook posts, internet histories, and calls, and then shares the data with the NSA.
- 27 June. CIA responds to Torture Report, attacks Committee; Sen. Mark Udall issues a statement alleging intelligence officials leaked "inaccurate information" critical of the Committee report. Udall states that the CIA and the White House "repeatedly rejected requests to discuss the Committee's report."
- June. FBI secretly opens a case on Sharyl Attkisson’s computer intrusions under the auspices of 'national security.' FBI contacts CBS without Attkisson’s knowledge, but fails to contact or interview Attkisson. FBI later ignores multiple FOIA request and other documents.
- News of the FBI case involving Attkisson’s computer intrusions is circulated internally to the Justice Dept.’s national cyber security group, and grouped with a set of cases opened on 20 November, shortly after the president's re-election in 2012.
- 31 July. NSA analysts, using the XKeyscore program, can search through enormous databases of emails, online chats, and browsing histories of targets.
- July. In an undated letter from DNI Clapper posted on Sen. Wyden's website the final week of July, Clapper acknowledged that NSA analysts have exceeded even legal limits as interpreted by the NSA in domestic surveillance. Acknowledging what he called "a number of compliance problems", Clapper attributed them to "human error" or "highly sophisticated technology issues" rather than "bad faith". Sen. Wyden responded on the Senate floor: "These violations are more serious than those stated by the intelligence community, and are troubling."
- Manning convicted.
- In Egypt, Muslims throw 15 year old Christian girl off building.
- 1 August. The US government paid Britain's GCHQ roughly $155 million over three years to gain access and influence over its spying programs.
- 2 August. Seven of the world's leading telecommunications companies provide GCHQ with secret, unlimited access to their network of undersea cables.
- 5 August. Reuters runs an article on how the NSA shares information, collected under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, with other agencies to frame criminal cases against American citizens using a process called "parallel construction" to manufacture probable cause, violating a person's due process rights.
- 6 August. Menagh Air Base captured from the Syrian government by ISIS, celebrated as great victory by Western news media.
- 7 August. CBS News publicly announces confirmation of Attkisson’s computer intrusions. “Attkisson’s computer was accessed by an unauthorized, external, unknown party on multiple occasions late in 2012…This party also used sophisticated methods to remove all possible indications of unauthorized activity, and alter system times to cause further confusion."
- 9 August. Internal NSA document reveals an agency "loophole" that allows a secret backdoor for the agency to search its databases for US citizens' emails and phone calls without a warrant.
- 13 August. Ghouta chemical attack. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria uses chemical weapons on civilians in a Damascus suburb. Obama blames Assad regime.
- 23 August. 2011 NSA minimization procedures submitted to the FISA Court.
- 29 August. NSA found to be paying hundreds of millions of dollars each year to US companies for access to their networks.
- August. Ukraine submits an application for observer status to in the Eurasian Economic Union.
- 5 September. Joint investigation by ProPublica, The New York Times, and The Guardian finds the NSA is winning its war against internet encryption with supercomputers, technical know-how, and court orders.
- 7 September. NSA has the ability to access user data for most major smartphones on the market, including Apple iPhones, BlackBerrys, and Google Android phones.
- 9 September. Daily Caller publishes article detailing how the Syrian Emergency Task Force (SETF), a supposed independent lobbying group asking Congress for money to support anti-Assad forces was receiving funding from the State Department. Elizabeth O'Bagy is SETF political director.
- 27 September. UN declares Assad regime has surrendered all it chemical weapons.
- 7 October. Reports indicate, "Top US and Saudi Officials responsible for Chemical Weapons in Syria." "Evidence leads directly to the White House, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Martin Dempsey, CIA Director John Brennan, Saudi Intelligence Chief Prince Bandar, and Saudi Arabia´s Interior Ministry. The Strategic Situation, leading up to the Use of Chemical Substances in the Eastern Ghouta Suburb of Damascus on 21 August 2013." Seymour Hersh later reports Hillary Clinton approved sending captured Libyan stocks of sarin gas to Syrian rebels and jihadis.
- 12 October. In Scotland a Muslim burns his 'too Westernized' wife to death after asserting that Islam teaches a man's superiority over women.
- 23 October. NSA tapped the mobile phone of German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- 27 October. Der Spiegel reports Obama personally approved wiretapping German Chancellor Angela Merkel's cell phone conversations.
- October. Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon.com purchases the Washington Post for less than half of his ongoing contract for cloud service with the CIA. The Institute for Public Accuracy releases a statement condemning the move. Washington Post begins promoting Hillary Clinton as their preferred candidate for President in 2016.
The NATO organization was founded on the solitary premise of collective security to contain Soviet expansion in Europe. With the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1992, many questioned the need for it's continued existence against an enemy that no longer existed. Several former Soviet satellite states (East Germany, Poland, Hungary, Romania, the Czech and Slovak Republics) as well as newly independent former Soviet Republics (Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Georgia and Ukraine) wanted EU membership, which of coarse would ultimately mean NATO membership, as well (military alliances exist to protect economic alliances). Russia under Boris Yeltsin wanted EU and NATO membership. The NATO powers that be made clear they had no interest in going out of business, and Russia argued how unfair it was that they should dissolve their defense alliance (the Warsaw Pact) and be thrust into another arms race against a growing NATO, which was swallowing up many of Russia's former military allies.
But the case of Ukraine was unique. Ethnic Ukrainians wanted out of the Russian orbit. But the territory of Ukraine is inhabitted by nearly 50% ethnic Russians, too, who wanted to maintain close ties to Russia.[Citation Needed] The official US State Department's position under President George Herbert Walker Bush at the time was that the Ukraine should remain a sovereign republic within the Russian Federation. Bush argued as much in a speech written by Condoleezza Rice to the Ukrainian parliament. But the Clinton's took over in early 1993, and caved in to Ukrainian nationalists. In exchange for US recognition of a Ukraine independent of the Russian Federation, Ukraine would give up its nuclear stockpile from the Soviet era, and the US would guarantee Ukraine's security, should the Russians ever invade. The agreement reeked a lot like the assurances Great Britain and France gave Poland at the Treaty of Versailles in 1919 that bound them to war with Hitler in 1939 when Hitler invaded Poland.
Like the Treaty of Versailles, the 1994 Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances negotiated by Bill Clinton lasted exactly 20 years. Unlike Great Britain and France who went to war with Nazi Germany when the agreement was violated, Barack Obama broke the pledge that Clinton had committed the United States to. US/Russian relations have deteriorated ever since. And converting NATO from a purely defensive alliance based on the idea of collective security to a military machine waging aggressive wars - as it had done in Libya - fulfilled many people's worst nightmare. No longer can negotiation and diplomacy be used to keep the peace, as the Obama administration had thrown American promises on the dunghill. Gaddafi ceased terrorism, gave up his WMD, and became an ally, all predicated on accepting American promises, only to be brutally murdered at the hands of Hillary Rodham Clinton and NATO. Ukraine had given up its Soviet-era nuclear stockpile based on assurancess given by Bill Clinton, ignored by Barack Obama. Military force now is the only option remaining to remove nuclear weapons from the hands of Kim Jong-il.
Since the Battle of Stalingrad in 1942 it should be clear to anyone, Russia will never allow an aggressive and hostile military force, such as NATO transformed itself into in the Obama era, to ally itself or encamp within the Ukraine.
- 1 November. Snowden leaks reveal Britain's GCHQ and other European spy agencies work together to conduct mass surveillance. The files also make clear that GCHQ played a leading role in advising its European counterparts how to work around laws intended to restrict the surveillance power of intelligence agencies. The Guardian article reports,
It is clear from the Snowden documents that GCHQ has become Europe's intelligence hub in the internet age, and not just because of its success in creating a legally permissive environment for its operations. Britain's location as the European gateway for many transatlantic cables, and its privileged relationship with the NSA has made GCHQ an essential partner for European agencies. The documents show British officials frequently lobbying the NSA on sharing of data with the Europeans and haggling over its security classification so it can be more widely disseminated. In the intelligence world, far more than it managed in diplomacy, Britain has made itself an indispensable bridge between America and Europe's spies.
- 20 November. UK government struck a secret deal with the NSA to share phone, internet, and email records of UK citizens.
- 21 November. Democratically elected government of the Ukraine rejects European Union association agreement in favor of maintaining relations with the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU). The path to securing a NATO naval base in Sevastopol on the Black Sea is effectively cut off. Soros-sponsored[Citation Needed] Euromaiden riots erupt.
- 22 November. NSA strategy document reveals the agency's goal to acquire data from "anyone, anytime, anywhere" and expand its already broad legal powers.
The government of Sweden stopped issuing crime statistics in 2014 when it was reported that murders committed by refugees and migrants occurred at a rate 400% greater than native Swedes, and rapes committed by foreign migrants 550% greater.
- 6 January. Sen. Mark Udall writes to President Obama asking the President to compel the CIA to comply with Congressional Oversight requests, and "a public statement from the White House committing to the fullest possible declassification of the Committee's study." CIA refuses to comply.
- 17 January. At some point during the dispute between Brennan and the Oversight Committee, the CIA Inspector General filed a "crimes report" with the US Justice Department about the CIA spying on the Senate; in retaliation, the CIA's general counsel filed a "crimes report" alleging Senate staffers pilfered copies of the Panetta review.
- Obama makes a speech at US Justice Dept. about his new directive allowing internet and telephone service providers to disclose to the public FISA court rulings and NSA requests for surveillance in aggregate volume. (Note: in National Security parlance an NSA request = FISA court order).
- 23 January. Sen. Bernie Sanders asks the NSA if it spies on members of Congress. The NSA replies that Congress is afforded “the same privacy protections as all US persons.”
- 27 January. GCHQ program called Squeaky Dolphin monitors YouTube, Facebook, and Blogger for "broad real-time monitoring of online activity."
- 28 January. Victoria Nuland and US ambassador to Ukraine, Geoffrey Pyatt discuss details of planned overthrow of the democratically elected government of Ukraine. Nuland makes disparaging remarks about the EU, and thinks the UN will give better cover to make the new US-installed regime appear legitimate.
- 6 February. Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland meets with Oleh Tyahnybok and other ringleaders who assume power after the coup. Tyahnybok leads the Svoboda party.
- Tyahnybok in 2004 was kicked out of the ruling parliamentary faction after giving a speech calling for a fight against the "Muscovite-Jewish mafia."
- Tyahnbok in 2005 signed an open letter to Ukrainian leaders calling for the government to halt the "criminal activities" of "organised Jewry", which was spreading its influence through organisations such as the Anti-Defamation League which ultimately wanted to commit "genocide" against the Ukrainian people.
- DCLeaks published Soros emails arranging a meeting between George Soros and Tyahnbok. Soros, an 84 year old veteran of the Nazi-era Judenrät in Budapest who survived World War II and parlayed his pilfering Holocaust victims' property into a $25 billion personal fortune, himself is Jewish, a proud atheist, and vehement anti-Zionist.
- Various Soros' international progressive and liberal front organizations (NGOs) organized and funded the Ukrainian coup.
- Obama foreign policy shifts at this point forward from the "Russian Reset" of 2008 and the greater "flexibility" Obama promised President Medvedev in 2012, to rabid Russophobia, one factor being Vladimir Putin's lack of support for the homosexual agenda and gay marriage. The anti-Russian grip of Soros on American foreign policy reaches a fever pitch in in coming years in efforts to destroy President Donald Trump who sought to mend relations with Russia after the Ukrainian coup crisis.
- 7 February. NBC reports UK's GCHQ used "dirty tricks" such as computer viruses and sexual "honey traps" to target adversaries (see 27 October 2009).
- 18 February. NSA and UK's GCHQ reportedly monitored traffic to the WikiLeaks website and considered a move to monitor communications going to or from WikiLeaks and the Pirate Bay.
- 18-20 February. Ukrainian coup begins in which almost 100 Soros-backed activists and 17 police officers were killed. As in Syria and other "Arab Spring" uprisings, agent provacateurs begin shooting and killing people on both sides to provoke a civil insurrection.
- 24 February. UK's GCHQ conducts covert operations to disrupt and shape online discourse.
- Reports state al Qaeda's envoy sent from Al Qaeda Central to mediate leadership disputes between local militias and ISIS is killed by ISiS suicide bombers. This is the beginning of an eclipse of al Qaeda as the premier jihadist organization and the rise of the JV team, the Islamic State.
- 28 February. UK's GCHQ, using a program called Optic Nerve, intercepted and stored webcam images from millions of Yahoo users, then passed them on to the NSA's XKeyscore database.
- 4 March McClatchy reports on CIA spying on its Congressional oversighters. Sen. Mark Udall again writes the President: "As you are aware, the CIA has recently taken unprecedented action against the committee in relation to the internal CIA review and I find these actions to be incredibly troubling for the committee's oversight responsibilities and for our democracy," he writes. "It is essential that the committee be able to do its oversight work – consistent with our constitutional principle of the separation of powers – without the CIA posing impediments or obstacles as it is today."
- 10 March. Award-winning News Anchor Sharyl Attkisson resigns from CBS alleging the network was spiking news stories that were unflattering to Barack Obama. In her Best Seller, Stonewalled: One Reporter's Fight for Truth Against the Forces of Obstruction, Intimidation, and Harassment in Obama's Washington, Attkisson tells how her work and personal computers had been hacked for more than two years after she began filing stories about the Benghazi massacre. CBS News investigated and found evidence of multiple unauthorized accesses by a third party in late 2012. The hackers were identified by independent experts as a US Government intelligence agency. In March 2015, Attkisson and her family initiated suit against Eric Holder, Patrick R. Donahoe and unnamed agents of the US Department of Justice, the US Postal Service and the United States claiming to have been subjected to illegal surveillance activities.
- 11 March. Senate Democrat Intelligence Committee Chair Diane Feinstein takes to the Senate floor to accuse the Obama CIA of violating "the Fourth Amendment, the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, as well as Executive Order 12333, which prohibits the C.I.A. from conducting domestic searches or surveillance," and "breaching a constitutional boundary" of intimidation and spying on the US Senate.
- 13 March. Document reveals that, while many foreign governments share information with NSA, few senior officials outside of the intelligence or defense sphere have any knowledge of it.
- 20 March. Majority Leader Harry Reid backs investigation into Obama CIA hacking of the Senate Intelligence Oversight Committee's computers, and notifies Brennan and Attn. Gen. Eric Holder that the Capital Police will investigate charges that the CIA accessed the Intelligence Oversight Committee’s computer network.
- 4 April. NSA and UK's GCHQ discuss various methods of deception, use of propaganda, mass messaging, and pushing stories on social media sites.
- 14 April. 276 African Christian schoolgirls are kidnapped by Boko Haram. The girls are to be auction off by Muslim extremists as sex slaves. The administration was asked repeatedly in 2011 to designate the group as a terrorist organization so that counterterrorism agencies would have legal authority to counter it.
- Rather than Special Operations Forces, the White House response was to send Michelle Obama out to encourage people to tweet about the horrific crime on social media at #BringBackOurGirls.
- 30 April. James Clapper fires Defense Intelligence Agency Chief Mike Flynn for warning of radical Islamic jihadists.
- Snowden reveals GCHQ asked NSA for "unsupervised access" to NSA's databases.
- April. Hunter Biden, son of VP Joseph Biden, appointed to board of directors of a Ukrainian oil and gas company. Hunter Biden has no experience in the oil and gas business.
- 2 May. Odessa Trade Unions House massacre. At least 42 Ukrainians are murdered by Ukrainian nationalists, most burnt alive in the Odessa Trades Union Building. Some sources say as many as 116 were killed, but a smaller number is reported for Western media. The bodies were removed and buried in secret. Survivors of the fire inside the building were executed with bullets to the head. Some were beaten to death with clubs when they jumped from Windows of the burning building. A pregnant woman was strangled. Shortly before, pro-Russian extremists killed two pro-Ukrainian activists.
- 13 May. The Benghazi Mission was initially, and mistakenly by media, called “a consulate," or a “consulate outpost.” But there are no State Dept. records of any consulate office in Benghazi. This is why no Pentagon rescue operation was mounted, the Defense Dept. had no knowledge of US assets in Benghazi. The Benghazi weapons smuggling operation to ISIS was a CIA/State Dept. operation authorized by an Obama presidential covert action finding.
- 17 May. In England a political candidate is stabbed in the face by a Muslim calling him an 'infidel'.
- 24 May. In Brussels, Belgium an Islamic extremist shoots four people to death outside a Jewish museum.
- 27 June. Intelligence Community Directive ICD 732 issued requiring a damage assessment be conducted whenever there is 'an actual or suspected unauthorized disclosure or compromise of classified national intelligence that may cause damage to U.S. national security.'" Despite Dir. Comey's finding Hillary Clinton's server did indeed contain classified information, no such damage assessment was ever made following Wikileaks disclosure of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's emails.
- 29 June. Declaration of caliphate in Mosul.
- 31 July. CIA admits to hacking into Oversighter's computers and spying on the Senate. Brennan lied to Congress. Democratic Sen. Mark Udall calls for Director Brennan's resignation.
- 5 August. Public release of the Senate Torture Report is put on hold when the Senate objects to CIA trying to redact evidence that the agency misled congressional investigators, a key finding of the report. The report is already nearly one full year overdue.
- 7 August. DIA Director Gen. Micahael T. Flynn fired.
- 29 August. Project on Government Oversight sends letter to President Obama and members of the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board to voice concerns over Executive Order 12333, the primary authority under which the NSA gathers foreign intelligence. Unlike a FISA warrant, the EO provides the government with the latitude to conduct sweeping surveillance on US and non-US persons without judicial review as long as the monitoring is necessary to protect US interests from "foreign security threats," an umbrella term that likely permits the surveillance of any foreign person.
al-Shaykh al-Mujahid, Abu Muhammad al-Adnani al-Shami], Islamic State Times</ref> issues a fatwa in stating,
Strike their police, security, and intelligence members. If you can kill a disbelieving American or European – especially the spiteful and filthy French – or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war against the Islamic State, then rely upon Allah, and kill him in any manner or way however it may be.
- 5 October. Shura Council of Shabab al-Islam Derna declares itself part of the Islamic State.
- 15 October. New York Times reports the United States discovered the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. American troops repeatedly encountered, and on at least six occasions were wounded by, chemical weapons. American troops reported finding roughly 5,000 chemical warheads, shells or aviation bombs. "Troops and officers were instructed to be silent or give deceptive accounts of what they had found," Times reporter C.J. Chivers writes. Sarin was found. Information on the presence and dangers of chemical agents was not shared inside the armed forces, which left supervising officers and medical personnel unprepared to deal with their discovery. The Times documents a number of incidents in which Americans were made ill by chemical agents, given inadequate treatment, and told not to discuss their experiences. At least one large stash of the weapons now has come into the control of ISIS forces.
- 20 October. In Quebec, Canada, a homegrown jihadist struck two soldiers with his car in a shopping mall parking lot killing one and injuring the other.
- 22 October. Canadian Parliament Hill attack, Ottawa. A Canadian born jihadi shot and killed an honor guard in the back at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier on the grounds of the National War Memorial. The jihadi fled to the Parliament building where Members of Parliament were caucusing. In an exchange of gunfire he was shot and killed by the of the Sergeant-at-Arms of the House of Commons. Three others sustained injuries in the melee.
- 4 November. Midterm elections. Republicans take control of the Senate, 54-46. Overall, the elections resulted in the largest Republican majority in the entire country in nearly a century, 247 House members, 31 governorships, and 68 state legislative chambers. GOP gains in the House were the largest majority since 1928, as well as the largest number of state legislatures since 1928.
- 19 December. George Friedman, chairman of Stratfor, calls Ukrainian coup "the most blatant coup in history."
- 31 December. New Year's Eve. Largest rape jihad to date reported in Cologne, Germany. Over 1000 women and girls sexuality assaulted by Muslims. 21 arrested over the next several years.
- Obama donor and "career" employee David Laufman appointed Dept. of Justice Chief of Counterintelligence.
- December. Mujahideen Shura Council in Derna organized.
- 7 January. Charlie Hedbo attacks. 12 dead, 10 wounded. A dozen people slaughtered by gunmen 'avenging' insults of the Prophet of Islam at a Paris newspaper office which printed satirical cartoons about the Islamic system.
- 8 January. In France a policewoman investigating a traffic accident is ambushed and killed by a Muslim extremist.
- 9 January. In Paris, France four hostages are taken and killed by an Islamic gunman at a Jewish grocery.
- 17 January. Feinstein slams CIA's internal review of hacking and interference with Congressional Oversight, the Panetta review, as a whitewash.
- 29 January. Washington Times publishes audio recordings of wiretaps from 2011 of Congressman Dennis Kucinich and other Pentagon officials refuting Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's claim a genocide was about to take place in Libya and US intervention was needed.
- In North Belfast, Ireland, an immigrant from Somalia stabs a man to death on the street while yelling a 'Jihadi war cry'.
- 3 February. In Nice, France three French soldiers standing guard at a Jewish center are stabbed by a radical Muslim.
- 12 February. Twenty-one Christians mass beheaded in Derna after Obama liberated the country for "humanitarian" purposes.
- 14 February. In Copenhagen, Denmark a gunman praises Allah and fires into a cafe hosting a free speech event organized by a cartoonist critical of Islam, killing one participant.
- 15 February. In Copenhagen a 37-year-old Jewish man guarding a synagogue is gunned down by a Muslim radical.
- 19 February. White House summit on violent extremism opens with Muslim call to prayer.
- 22 February. British Secretive Court rules NSA-UK sharing of bulk metadata before December 2014 was illegal, however, after the Snowden leaks, now that the practice is publicly known, US-UK intelligence metadata sharing is legal. Legal intelligence sharing with foreign agencies is a convenient way for law enforcement in both countries to circumvent constitutional restrictions and obtain information without probable cause or a search warrant. Under a reciprocal agreement, the US can ask the UK to spy on a US citizen or vice-versa (as in the case of Lady Diana Spencer) as a national security prerogative. The UK doesn't need a warrant in the US, nor the US in the UK, and a person's civil rights may be "legally" violated under this loophole. The practice was originated by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in 1938 by Executive Order allowing British intelligence to wiretap American citizens that Britain feared were monitoring ships leaving harbor in New York and New Jersey, making them vulnerable to U-boats.
- 2 March. Katherine Herrige of FOX News reports Obama administration senior intelligence officials told her Abdelhakim Belhadj is firmly aligned with ISIS and supports Islamic State training camps in eastern Libya. "Critics say Libya's new position as a safe haven for ISIS reflects one of the most significant policy failures of the so-called Arab Spring," Herrige said. Herridge added that counter-terrorism sources have confirmed that the new support base for ISIS in eastern Libya is now providing "tangible assistance" in the form of training camps around the city of Derna, in addition to a growing number of Libyan fighters joining the terror group in Syria and Iraq.
- 6 March. German government expresses concern over Obama warhawks aggressive stance toward resolving crisis in Eastern Ukraine, accuse Obama's NATO commander of using false data to inflate and exaggerate size of "Russian threat".
- 15 March. Five days after the New York Times broke the story about Secretary Clinton’s use of private email for official business, FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe met with Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffe, a longtime, close associate of the Clintons—along with his wife, Dr. McCabe. McAuliffe recruited Dr. McCabe, who had not previously run for any political office, to be the Democratic candidate for a Virginia state senate seat. Dr. McCabe agreed, and Governor McAuliffe’s political action committee subsequently gave nearly $500,000 to her campaign while the FBI’s investigation of Secretary Clinton was ongoing. The Virginia Democratic Party, over which Mr. McAuliffe exerts considerable control, also donated over $200,000 to Dr. McCabe’s campaign.
- 16 April. En route to Sicily, Italy, twelve Christians on a refugee boat are thrown to their deaths by Muslims.
- 10 May. In Macedonia, along the Western Balkan route Muslim terrorists wage a running battle with police, killing at eight and wounding thirty-seven.
- May. Former CIA employee Jeffrey Sterling convicted on espionage charges for leaks to New York Times reporter James Risen. The Nation says of the case,
standard media narratives about Risen and Sterling have skipped over deep patterns of government retaliation against recalcitrant journalists and whistleblowers. Those patterns are undermining press freedom, precluding the informed consent of the governed and hiding crucial aspects of US foreign policy. The recent announcement of Eric Holder’s resignation as attorney general has come after nearly five years of the Obama administration extending and intensifying the use of the Justice Department for retribution against investigative journalism and whistleblowing.
- 12 August. In Sweden, a woman and her son are beheaded in an IKEA parking lot by angry Muslims who just left a government immigration office where one was informed he would be deported. The beheading was reported in the United States by CBS News as "a knife attack."
- 18 September. United Nation's Office of the High Commissioner on Human Rights condemns cover-up of the mass murder of 116 Ukrainians at the Odessa Union Trades Building (see 2 May 2014) by the Obama-installed regime in Ukraine.
- 21 October. Wikileaks reveals John Brennan also used private email server.
- 23 October. Swedish Migration Board cover ups' gang rape of 3 year-old toddler and prevents police from investigating.
- 13 November. Islamic terrorists open fire and throw bombs during a concert at a music hall, killing 89 people and injuring 322 while shouting 'Allah Akbar' (Bataclan).
- In Paris Muslims murder 19 and wounded 9 at a restaurant (Belle Equipe).
- In Paris Islamic terrorists massacre 15 innocents and injure 10 at two restaurants (Le Carillon and Le Petit Cambodge).
- In Paris Islamic terrorists shoot up a bar and pizzeria, killing 5 patrons and injuring 8 (La Bonne Biere, Casa Nostra).
- In Paris Islamic terrorists stage a suicide bombing outside a cafe (Comptoir Voltaire).
- In Paris Islamic terrorists kill a passerby with two suicide blasts outside a soccer stadium (Stade de France) and a nearby McDonald's.
- 17 November. Bloomberg reports "In a call with senior Obama administration officials Tuesday evening, several governors demanded they be given access to information about Syrian refugees about to be resettled by the federal government in their states. Top White House officials refused." A reported 85,000 have been resettled in the United States.
- 9 December. Amnesty International reports Obama armed ISIS.
- 18 December. Islamic State Caliph issues a decree http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/politics/amnesty-international-isis-weapons-u-s-/index.htmlcommanding Christians in Sweden to convert to Islam or face beheading.
- 29 December. Wall Street Journal reports that the Obama administration 'incidentally' collected private communications by members of Congress while it spied on Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. In sweeping up “private conversations with U.S. lawmakers and American-Jewish groups… raised fears [of]—an ‘Oh-sh*t moment,’ one senior U.S. official said—that the executive branch would be accused of spying on Congress.”
- 2 January. Donald Trump publicly accuses Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama of creating ISIS.
- 14 January. FBI inspector general notifies Senate that Hillary Clinton's servers had been flagged for classified information. Clinton servers are in New York; FBI Director James Comey runs case out of Washington office, Deputy Dir. Andrew McCabe put in charge. McCabe's wife received $675000 from Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe's political action committee for an unsuccessful state Senate bid in 2015. McAuliffe. a former DNC chairman and Presidential campaign manager for Bill Clinton, and later Hillary Clinton in 2008, came under FBI investigation for illegal campaign donations from a Chinese businessman. Despite evidence, McCabe refused to merge the McCauliffe investigation into the ongoing pay-to-play investigations of the Clinton Foundation.
- 16 January. in Sweden, Swedish girls are raped by Muslim migrants in public at an 'anti-racist' rock concert. Police, government, and media collude for months to cover-up the facts from the public.
- 26 January. In Sweden, Police unable to enter refugee centers to assist child who have been gang raped by refugees.
- 22 March. Brussels Airport bombing in Belgium. Fourteen people are murdered and 92 injured when two suicide bombers detonate nail-packed explosives at crowded airline counters.
- Maelbeek (Molenbeek) metro station in Brussels. a Muslim suicide bomber on a subway train incinerates 21 commuters and injures 130 others.
- 23 March. John Schindler writes in the Observer,
Europe is now at war again. The threat today is less terrorism than a low-grade insurgency, a guerrilla war of sorts, that hangs over much of the continent as thousands of jihadists, made proficient killers by ISIS in Syria and Iraq, return home with visions of killing “infidels,” their former neighbors. There will be no parley or negotiation with such mass murderers.
- 27 April. Trump delivers major foreign policy speech: “We desire to live peacefully and in friendship with Russia and China. We have serious differences with these two nations, and must regard them with open eyes, but we are not bound to be adversaries. We should seek common ground based on shared interests. Russia, for instance, has also seen the horror of Islamic terrorism. I believe an easing of tensions, and improved relations with Russia, from a position of strength only, is possible, absolutely possible. Common sense says this cycle, this horrible cycle of hostility must end and ideally will end soon. Good for both countries. Some say the Russians won’t be reasonable. I intend to find out. If we can’t make a deal under my administration, a deal that’s great — not good, great — for America, but also good for Russia, then we will quickly walk from the table. It’s as simple as that. We’re going to find out.”
- Spring. CIA Dir. John Brennan receives information from British GCHQ intelligence as part of an allegedly "routine" intelligence sharing agreement about Trump associates' business dealings in Russia. The information is said to have originated with Estonian intelligence. Estonia is requesting a missile defence system at this time, while Trump adviser Newt Gingrich refers to the country of 1.3 million inhabitants as a 'suburb of St. Petersberg' with 5.3 million inhabitants. Gingrich, rumoured to be on the short list for Secretary of State, says he doubts American leaders would risk nuclear war over Putin's actions in the region.
- FBI begins investigation into Paul Manafort's associations. This investigation leads to the wiretapping of at least three Trump associates, Paul Manafort, Carter Page, and Roger Stone.
- 12 May. Susan Rice says there are "too many whites in top National Security positions."
- 31 May. In Sweden, a woman welcomes Muslim refugee into home, gets raped.
Summary: Hillary Clinton political operatives manufactured the illusion of a computer connection between Russian entities (financial banks) and the Trump campaign/organization. Those manufactured points of evidence were then passed along to White House entities who used the political intel community (Clapper to Comey) to open an investigation of nothingness – to nowhere. The mere existence of that investigation was then used as the originating point for a series of media intel leaks (the narrative) intended to cloud and damage the Trump campaign/organization. FBI Director James Comey, as head of one of the investigative agencies, became part of that political apparatus. (Summary provided by sundance of the conservativetreehouse.com with much thanks).
- 5 June. Reports indicate rape has skyrocketed 1500% in Sweden, deemed Islamophobic by "agents of change."
- 14 June. In Belgium, a transgender is stabbed by Islamic radicals. Gay rights activists remain silent.
- 25 June. Stockholm, Sweden, a 21-year-old woman from Iran is honor killed by her cousin for taking off her veil and trying to live independently. Feminists globally remain silent.
- June. Unnamed Clinton supporters hire FusionGPS, the group that issued a rebuttal to accusations Planned Parenthood was harvesting body-parts; FusionGPS hires Christopher Steele who authors the Steele dossier.
- Civilian from the industry probe into the hack finds servers in two Moscow banks (Alfa and Sperbank) directly pinging one server in Trump Tower.
- Bill Clinton meets Loretta Lynch in private meeting on airport tarmack in Phoenix.
- Obama Justice Dept. seeks FISA warrant to eavesdrop on Donald Trump and associates. FISA court denies request. Ordinary procedures call for the Justice Department to ask a FISA Court for a warrant. It is improbable that Attorney General Loretta Lynch acted on her own against a presidential nominee of another party without consulting President Obama.
- 2 July. Obama donor and "career" employee Dept. of Justice Chief of Counterintelligence David Laufman conducts long delayed personal interview with Hillary Clinton in email investigation. White House and Justice Department claim that the investigators are independent and nonpartisan.
- 5 July. FBI Director James Comey stated that Secretary Clinton and staff were “extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information," and "there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information…There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those with whom she was corresponding about the matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation." Comey referred the matter to the Justice Dept. for a prosecutorial decision. In the absence of prosecution, security or administrative sanctions are the norm.
- 7 July. Businessman and former campaign associate Carter Page delivers graduation commencement speech at Moscow's New Economic School. President Obama addressed graduates of the same institution in 2009. Page has no role in the campaign nor has ever met or briefed Trump. Nonetheless, Obama agents obtain a FISA warrant to monitor Page, convincing a judge there’s probable cause to believe Page is a Russian agent based on the speech which is critical of Obama's policy toward Russia. Surveillance of Page allows government officials to “incidentally” collect communications of the Trump campaign if they communicate with Page.
- 8 July. House Select Committee on Beghazi votes on final version of report. Report finds "Susan Rice’s comments on the Sunday talk shows were met with shock and disbelief by State Department employees in Washington. The Senior Libya Desk Officer, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, State Department, wrote: “I think Rice was off the reservation on this one.” The Deputy Director, Office of Press and Public Diplomacy, Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs, State Department, responded: “Off the reservation on five networks!” The Senior Advisor for Strategic Communications, Bureau of Near East Affairs, State Department, wrote: “WH [White House] very worried about the politics. This was all their doing.” [pg. 132]
- 14 July. In Nice, France, on Bastille Day, literally called The National Celebration commemorating the turning point of the French Revolution and the unity of the French people with parades and fireworks throughout France. a Muslim migrant driving a truck runs over and kills 86 people, including 10 children while shouting praises to Allah. 202 are injured.
- 15 July. Human Rights Accountability Global Initiative Foundation and others file formal complaint with the US Justice Department against FusionGPS alleging that Fusion GPS was working as a lobbyist for Russian interests and failed to register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA) and the Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995. The Obama administration ignores complaint.
- 18 July. In Germany, a 'refugee' with an axe hacks 5 people on a train while screaming 'Allah Akbar'.
- 19 July. Obama-backed Syrian rebels behead 12-year-old boy. The group had been certified "moderate" by the CIA and received TOW missiles.
- In France, a mother and her three young daughters are stabbed by a Muslim man during breakfast for not wearing the hijab.
- 24 July. In Ansbach, Germany a Syrian 'asylum seeker' detonates a nail-packed suicide bomb injuring fifteen people at a wine bar outside a music festival.
- 26 July. In France, Muslim radicals take hostages at a church and slit the throat of an 84-year-old priest.
- July. Christopher Steele and Glenn Simpson (FusionGPS) continue working for a liberal superPAC. Later reporting alludes to FusionGPS being paid by the FBI to spy on Trump. FusionGPS produces the Steele dossier, impugning Donald Trump as sn agent of Russia. Meanwhile, the Obama Justice Dept. has not acted on the formal complaint that FusionGPS itself may be an unregistered Russian agent.
- 3 August. In London a Somali teen runs out of a mosque and stabs an American tourist to death while chanting 'Allah, Allah.' Five others are injured.
- 6 August. In Belgium a man attacks two female police officers with a machete while praising Allah.
- 10 August. Canada. a suicide bomber detonates in a taxi, injuring the driver.
- 11 August. Dagestan, Russian Federation, two policemen are shot to death by suspected jihadis.
- Dagestan, Islamic militants are suspected of shooting a judge to death in his home.
- 19 August. In Strasbourg, seat of the European Parliament, a rabbi in orthodox clothing is stabbed by a man shouting praises to Allah.
- 20 August. In Roanoke, VA a man and woman are stabbed maliciously by a 'radicalized' man yelling praises to Allah.
- 30 August. In Toulouse, France a young female police officer is stabbed by a Muslim in a planned attack.
- 31 August. In Denmark, two policemen and a civilian are shot by a Bosnian-born Muslim with ties to ISIS.
- 2 September. In France. a Muslim radical stabs a police officer.
- 3 September. In France, Islamists savagely beat a writer and his son over a book about jihad.
- 7 September. In Brussels, Belgium a Muslim attacks and injures two police officers with a knife.
- 8 September. In Boussy-Saint-Antoine, France a Muslim woman stabs a police officer after planting explosives outside a cathedral.
- 9 September. In England, a Muslim cuts and holds his neighbor at knifepoint, but is talked out of beheading after 'frogmarching' him to a mosque.
- 13 September. Toronto, Canada, a 28-year-old student is stabbed to death after debating Islam with a Muslim.
- 14 September. Office of the Director of National Intelligence announces that no Intelligence Community-wide damage assessment into Secretary Clinton’s email practices would be conducted in violation of Intelligence Community Directive ICD 732. ODNI ignores all subsequent FOIA requests.
- 16 September. CNN reports CIA Dir. John Brennan voted for the presidential candidate of the Communist party - an organization dedicated to the violent overthrow of the United States government - in the immediate aftermath of the Vietnam war before he joined CIA.
- 17 September. In New York, a former asylum seeker plants several explosives, one of which injures twenty-nine innocents. He also shot two policemen two days later.
- 21 September. Daily Mail publishes interview with 15 year old and her father alleging she had an online sexual relationship with Anthony Weiner beginning 23 January 2016. FBI New York Field office, led by Preet Bhahara, issues Weiner subpoena for his electronic devices shortly after.
- 3 October. Story breaks of Hillary Clinton's suggestion to murder Julian Assange.
- 5 October. Obama Justice Dept. abruptly drops charges against arms dealer which would have led to open disclosure of Hillary Clinton's role in arming the Islamic State.
- 10 October. BBC reports US could be implicated in war crimes in Yemen.
- 15 October. Obama administration rewrites a narrower request to FISA court dropping Trump's name and citing only the Russian banks as direct targets. While the BBC report suggests that the surveillance was meant to ferret out “transfers of money,” the Mensch article asserts that a “warrant was granted to look at the full content of emails and other related documents that may concern US persons.” FISA court approves request.
- 26 October. Evelyn Farkas tells Warsaw Security Forum "if Donald Trump were elected I believe he would be impeached pretty quickly or somebody else would have to take over government. And I am not even joking." Farkas, who left government in Sept. 2015, later admitted to being the recipient of intelligence information on Donald Trump in the summer of 2016: "last summer I was getting winks and hints from inside that there was something really wrong here." At the forum Farkas discussed the rise of Trump from a purely domestic, partisan, political perspective and urged something must be done to counter the forces of nationalism and populism.
- 28 October. Dir. Comey reopens email investigation based on 600,000 classified State Department emails found on Anthony Weiner's computer. Attn. Gen. Loretta Lynch opposes notifying Congress, but aides persuade her firing Comey for doing so would put Lynch in the midst of a firestorm.
- Clinton's lead in the polls begin to erode forcing her into the desperate measure of leaking classified information about Trump Tower on the same day the FBI issues Trump a clean bill of health, leading to conflicting reports.
- 31 October. Hillary Clinton leaks classified information from Obama's domestic spying when she tweets about a webserver in Trump Tower and a Russian bank, "computer scientists" being a code word to mask her source. The information was gathered under authority granted by the Oct. 15 FISA warrant, and "computer scientists" is used to mask the US intelligence community as the source. Some speculate the server was hacked by the CIA with malware in order to obtain a FISA warrant. Either way, neither the FBI nor the chief spokesman for the intelligence community, Dir. Clapper, ever found evidence to impugn Trump or any associates. Trump Tower is a mixed use skyscraper in which thousands of people rotate in and out regularly.
- New York Times publishes a story with the headline, Investigating Donald Trump, F.B.I. Sees No Clear Link To Russia.
- 3 November. International Business Times reports child victim of Anthoney Weiner writes to Dir. Comey accusing Comey of outing her identity to reporters and victimizing her again.
- 7 November. Louise Mensch of HeatStreet reports two separate sources with links to the counter-intelligence community confirmed that the FBI was granted a FISA court warrant in October, giving counter-intelligence permission to examine the activities of ‘U.S. persons’ in Donald Trump’s campaign.
- 8 November. Donald Trump elected president.
- 17 November. NSA Director Mike Rogers makes unannounced trip to Trump Tower to meet with President-elect Trump without notifying the White House. Congress renews calls for perjury charges against ODNI boss James Clapper.
- 19 November. Washington Post reports Defense Secretary Ashton Carter and DNI James Clapper recommend to the White House NSA chief Rogers be fired. Rogers traveled to New York to meet with President-elect Trump days earlier at Trump Tower. "That caused consternation at senior levels of the administration, according to officials."
- 22 November. Hillary's "computer scientists" urge election recount.
- 28 November. Columbus, OH, a Muslim immigrant stabs 11 because he "couldn't find a place to pray" that wasn't soiled by dirty infidels.
After Hillary's defeat, to cover their crimes in a rear-guard action as they withdrew from the field, all elements within the US government IC complicit in Obama war crimes converted the Russian hacking theory - originally the cover ploy for an inside leaker - to attack Donald Trump. Those complicit knew Trump was determined to alter course, and after years of experience of violating citizen's rights through the misuse of foreign Intelligence gathering capabilities to influence domestic politics, it was easy to do.
- 6 December. Obama says, "Just think about what we’ve done these last eight years without firing a shot...We’ve eliminated Syria’s chemical weapons".
- 10 December. IC goon John Schindler issues series of threats and ultimatums in open source medium (SOCMINT or Social Media Intelligence, part of a 5th "domain of war") after the FBI established that DNC emails published by Wikileaks originated with Seth Rich, and not Russian hackers. Schindler maintains the official talking points of "for years" "the Kremlin is behind Wikileaks," the quick way to deny the veracity of anything, including future leaks.
|*ATTN @realDonaldTrump: going to war with the IC is a truly colossally stupid thing to do, per this tweetstorm [ link to CNN article ] /1 5:47 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*I've been telling you for years—esp last few months—that the Kremlin is behind Wikileaks. Now the IC is saying so openly. Big deal. /2 5:48 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*IC has hard proof at TS+ level that Moscow used Wikileaks to hurt Hillary and help Trump in 2016. These are facts that will not go away.|
[Ed. note: IC = Intelligence Community. TS+ = Top-Secret Plus.] /3 5:49 AM - 10 Dec 2016
|*The investigation demanded by Congress will reveal what we already know—that Putin wanted US political chaos & if possible a Trump win /4 5:50 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*Team Trump now has to decide to go along with the investigation of Russian interference or fight it; seems they have chosen the latter. /5 5:50 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*Publicly attacking the IC as Trump has just done will end very badly for Don. Remember what happened when Hillary attacked the spooks? /5 5:51 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*Have you really forgotten about #EmailGate already, @realDonaldTrump? Mocking the IC in public will result in big things you won't like. /6 5:52 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*The IC dislikes you intensely and they hate Flynn. The spooks have much more on you than they had on Hillary. This is a #YUGE mistake. /7 5:53 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*Only way Trump can make the issue of Russian interference worse is by impugning American intelligence. Which Don just did. Get popcorn /8 5:54 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*IC knows the full picture of what happened this year. They're not happy with you, @realDonaldTrump. You have the weekend to walk it back. /9 5:55 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
|*If Don won't walk back his foolish attack on the IC, watch for leaked terms like KGB, FSB, SVR, kompromat, Mogilevich, Organizatsiya... /10 6:00 AM - 10 Dec 2016|
- 15 December. DNI Clapper signs off on NSA directive for new rules of circulating raw wiretapping evidence; needs Attn. Gen. Loretta Lynch's signature to take effect.
- 19 December. In Berlin an 'asylum seeker' murders a driver, steals his truck, and drives over 11 patrons of a festive Christmas market at the Kaiser Wilhelm Church on the Kurfürstendammon, Berlin's most famous street. 56 others are injured. The outdoor Christmas market tradition is over 600 years old. The Kaiser Wilhelm Church spire was not rebuilt after World War II and left standing as a war memorial and a symbol of reconciliation. The attack took place in the shadow of the national monument.
- Electoral College meets in 50 state capitals to elect new president.
- 25 December. Archbishop of Austria delivers a Christmas Day message: "Europe’s Christian legacy is in danger, because we Europeans have squandered it. That has absolutely nothing to do with Islam nor with the refugees. It is clear that many Islamists would like to take advantage of our weakness, but they are not responsible for it. We are.”
- 29 December. Obama announced sanctions against Russia as retribution for alleged hacking activities. From this date until Trump’s inauguration January 20, the White House aggressively pumps into the media two streams of information: one about Russian hacking; the other about Trump’s Russia connection. The two streams are merged into one in the hands of sympathetic reporters.
- In Austria an Austrian woman is stabbed for reading the Bible at a refugee center.
- 30 December. Washington Post falsely reports on a Russian effort to penetrate the electrical grid by hacking into a Vermont utility. The story offers a senior administration official speculating on Russian motives. The infrastructure hack is reported to be part of a broader hacking campaign that includes election hacking. The story then moves to Trump: “He…has spoken highly of Russian President Vladimir Putin, despite President Obama’s suggestion that the approval for hacking came from the highest levels of the Kremlin.” The story is repeated by news organizations throughout America. Only later the Washington Post retracts it regarding how far the Russian compromised computers.
- 1 January. Washington Post retracts fake news story about Russian hacking into the power grid; however, slanders, speculation, and innuendo about election hacking, Trump-Putin relations, and Kremlin directives remain unretracted.
- 3 January. Attn. Gen. Loretta Lynch signs off on new rules permitting the NSA to disseminate “raw signals intelligence information.”
- "In its final days, the Obama administration has expanded the power of the National Security Agency to share globally intercepted personal communications with the government’s 16 other intelligence agencies before applying privacy protections," the New York Times reports on 12 January; basically, an authorization to circulate the Brennan memo to be issued three days hence (6 January) currently in the works. The expansion of the order makes it difficult to narrow in on leaks. This constitutes Obama's amending Executive Order 12333. DNI James Clapper previously signed off on 15 December 2016.
- 6 January. Congress certifies Donald Trump's victory with 306 Electoral votes. CIA Director John Brennan issues scathing memo attacking Donald Trump with Russophobic innuendo. Anti-Trump critics launch anti-Putin and anti-Russian smear campaign based on xenophobia.
- 10 January. Obama and CIA leak a phony document known as the Steele dossier claiming there was a videotape of a prostitute urinated in Trump's face in a Moscow hotel room in 2013.
- 11 January. Trump responds to Obama administration slanders on twitter: "I win an election easily, a great "movement" is verified, and crooked opponents try to belittle our victory with FAKE NEWS. A sorry state! … Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to ‘leak’ into the public. One last shot at me. Are we living in Nazi Germany?”
- The UK Guardian reported that "the FBI applied for a warrant from the foreign intelligence surveillance (Fisa) court over the summer in order to monitor four members of the Trump team suspected of irregular contacts with Russian officials. The Fisa court turned down the application asking FBI counter-intelligence investigators to narrow its focus." The Guardian further stated unconfirmed reports claim a warrant was obtained in October.
- Steele dossier authored by same group hired by Planned Parenthood to refute charges it was selling body parts.
- 12 January. Former NSA official John Schindler tweets, "When @IgnatiusPost speaks, Langley's 7th floor lips are moving. They are taking traitor Trump out now." Langley's 7th floor is a reference to CIA headquarters.
- David Ignatius of the Washington Post publishes unmasked information of Michael Flynn's phone call with the Russian Ambassador obtained by FISA warrant. An Obama official, later found to be Susan Rice, “unmasked” Flynn’s name and it was leaked to Ignatius. The leaking of the unmasked identity of a US citizen's name gathered in a foreign intelligence operation is a criminal civil rights violation.
- Inspector General begins review of Andrew McCabe, FBI Deputy Dir. and others for conflict of interest in the Hillary Clinton email probe. McCabe, who assisted in writing the bogus Benghazi talking points for Susan Rice and oversaw the whitewashing of Hillary's email investigation, is married to a candidate for the Virginia state Senate who took $700,000 from Terry McAuliffe's PAC while the FBI’s investigation of Clinton',s emails was ongoing. McAuliffe simultaneously with Clinton was under FBI investigation for pay-to-play schemes involving a Chinese businessman. McAuliffe ran Bill Clinton's 1996 presidential campaign which was marred by a foreign influence peddling scheme known as Chinagate. McAuliffe was Hillary's 2008 campaign manager.
- 13 January. Chuck Ross of the Daily Caller identifies FusionGPS, Christopher Steele's employer, and Glenn Simpson its founder as the same group that lobbyied on behalf of the Kremlin in July 2016 for efforts to repeal the Magnitsky Act, remove the name “Magnitsky” from the Global Magnitsky Act, delay the bills passage, and cast doubt on the Justice Dept.’s version of events prior to the passsge of the Magnitsky Act. The defrauded complaintant referred to Simpson, who was hired by a Hillary Clinton donor (an indirect contribution to her campaign), as "a professional smear campaigner.” “Glenn Simpson knowingly spread false information on behalf of people connected to the Russian government to try to protect Russian torturers and murderers from consequences.” Ross stated that part of Simpson’s work involved passing stories to his deep network of journalism contacts in order to undermine the law.
- Obama signs Executive Order removing US Attorney Dana Boente from the line of succession to be acting Attorney General placing Sally Yates in his stead.
- 16 January. Susan Rice says on NPR, "We were able to find a solution that actually removed the chemical weapons that were known from Syria in a way that the use of force would never have accomplished."
- 17 January. Legal hurrdles cleared for Abdelhakim Belhadj to sue former Def. Min. Jack Straw and other UK security officials for their role in his kidnapping and rendition to the CIA. Belhadj was held for 6 years in a Libyan prison and tortured. In 2010 he was released, having been "de-radicalized," and assigned to re-organized the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group for his new bosses, the Obama administration and NATO. He was a key figure in overthrowing Gaddafi and training jihadis in Eastern Libya for the next phase of the Arab Spring operation - overthrowing Assad. While supervising Obama administration and NATO-backed jihadis in Eastern Libya, his jihadis beheaded Coptic Christians in Derna, burnt down the US base of operations in Benghazi killing the US Ambassador and 3 other Americans involved in the same supply operations to Syria once most of the shoulder launched anti-aircraft missile launchers had been transferred. Belhadj was in charge of Obama's "Junior Varsity" operations in Libya.
- While carrying out NATO and Obama operations to destroy Gaddafi, Belhadj secured captured intelligence documents from the prison he was held at in Tripoli, which detailed his capture and rendition and formed the basis of his UK lawsuit.
- Obama releases four terrorists deemed a threat to national security.
- 18 January. McClatchy News Service headlined a story that the FBI, the CIA, the National Security Agency, the Justice Department, the Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and representatives of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) collaborated for months in an investigation of Donald Trump, according to two anonymous sources.
- 19 January. The New York Times carried a frontpage headline, Wiretapped Data Used in Inquiry of Trump Aides. The article stated "investigators have accelerated their efforts in recent weeks but have found no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, the officials said. One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House. The headline has been changed for its online version.
- 20 January. Donald Trump inaugurated president.
- 23 January. Washington Post reports FBI found nothing illicit in Flynn's call with Amb. Kislyak. Leaking Flynn,'s name was a violation of law.
- 24 January. Business Insider reports that U.S. intelligence agencies had been investigating people in Trump's presidential campaign throughout the campaign season.
- 28 January. Navy SEAL William Ryan Owen killed during intelligence gathering operation against al-Qaeda in Yemen.
- 2 February. Politico reports 5 House IT staffers, including 3 brothers later identified as Abid, Imran, and Jamal Awan, were relieved of access to House computers and had been under criminal investigation since late 2016. While full details were not disclosed, subsequently it was learned they managed office information technology for Democratic members of the House Intelligence Committee handling matters on war and terrorism. It was also learned later Imran Awan worked for ex-DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, had access to her iPad and password, took $100,000 in cash from an Iraqi company, and was a suspect in the leaking of DNC emails to Wikileaks. Despite verbose allegations of "Russian hacking," the DNC never allowed the FBI to examine its servers to determine if indeed the DNC had been hacked, or did the leaks come from an inside source. The suspects may have been involved in a leak of information that lead to the ambush and death of Navy SEAL William Ryan Owen. Furthermore, because the suspects were Muslim, their activities were covered up and they were not fired til after the death of Owen. Even then, they were initially relieved of duties without their names being released, two weeks later fired, and three weeks after that in a series of press leaks identified as prime suspects in what the media called the "Russian hacking" scandal.
- Both Australia and the White House deny they were behind the leak of a phone conversation between Trump and the Australian prime minister which received widespread media reporting critical of President Trump.
- Politico reports “Federal workers turn to encryption to thwart Trump...Whether inside the Environmental Protection Agency, within the Foreign Service, on the edges of the Labor Department or beyond, employees are using new technology … to organize letters, talk strategy, or contact media outlets and other groups to express their dissent...Fearing for their jobs, the employees began communicating incognito using the app Signal shortly after Trump’s inauguration...[T]he goal is to “create a network across the agency.” This may be an effort to evade Congressional oversight.
- 3 February. In Paris at the Louvre a man with a machete charges visitors while shouting 'Allah Akbar!' The man was shot by soldiers guarding the world renowned attraction. Two soldiers were injured in the attack. The attacker travelled to France a tourist visa. The Louvre is the world's largest museum and a central landmark of the city, a crown jewel among Paris's historic and cultural monuments. It is the world's most visited museum with more than 20,000 visitors a day.
- 6 February. Trump blames ‘Obama people’ for leaking details of calls with foreign leaders.
- 9 February. New York Times reports fake news narrative "Flynn is Said to Have Talked to Russians About Sanctions Before Trump Took Office," based upon material gathered by the FISA court warrant.
- 11 February. National Security aide to National Security Advisor Michael Flynn is denied a security clearance, in effect, the CIA exercising veto power over the President's management of national security affairs. The action was unprecedented and without cause. Reports say the CIA did not like the aide's attitude toward the agency. “They believe this is a hit job from inside the CIA on Flynn and the people close to him," because the aide "believes that the CIA doesn’t run the world.”
- 13 February. Flynn resigns. Consortiumnews reports, "Flynn’s real “offense” appears to be that he favors détente with Russia rather than escalation of a new and dangerous Cold War. Trump’s idea of a rapprochement with Moscow – and a search for areas of cooperation and compromise – has been driving Official Washington’s foreign policy establishment crazy for months and the neocons, in particular, have been determined to block it."
- 14 February. Charles Krauthammer on unmasking of Flynn, "When the conversation involves an American, there are extremely strict procedures to blur the identity, to hide the identity and to protect the information coming from the American. This is the exact opposite of that and it is scary."
- 16 February. At a press conference Trump lashes out at the tapping of his Oval Office phone conversations with other heads of government. Trump says, "I called, as you know, Mexico. It was a very, very confidential, classified call... I spoke to the president of Mexico; I had a good call. All of a sudden, it's out there for the world to see. It's supposed to be secret. It's supposed to be either confidential or classified, in that case. Same thing with Australia. All of a sudden, people are finding out exactly what took place [in a presidential Oval Office phone call]. The same thing happened with respect to General Flynn. Everybody saw this. And I'm saying -- the first thing I thought of when I heard about it is: How does the press get this information that's classified? How do they do it? You know why? Because it's an illegal process and the press should be ashamed of themselves. But more importantly, the people that gave out the information to the press should be ashamed of themselves, really ashamed."
- Glenn Greenwald says on Democracy Now!, "to urge that the CIA and the intelligence community empower itself to undermine the elected branches of government is insanity. That is a prescription for destroying democracy overnight in the name of saving it. And yet that’s what so many, not just neocons, but the neocons’ allies in the Democratic Party, are now urging and cheering. And it’s incredibly warped and dangerous to watch them do that."
- Ezra Klein interview with Evelyn Farkas published on Vox. Farkas goes on the record with some background on her participation in the conspiracy.
- 17 February. Kucinich says Intelligence Community and the owner of the Washington Post are trying to influence US foreign policy.
- 19 February. Breitbart reports Obama's Organizing for Action, formerly Organizing for America, partners with the Soros-funded Indivisible Project to disrupt the Trump agenda. Indivisible provides online training for the 'Resistance' movement. Indivisible claims to follow the Tea Party model rather than the Occupy Wall Street or Black Lives Matter; however the Tea Party is not known to have focused on rudeness and violence.
- 21 February. In Denmark, it was revealed at least 29 Danish citizens who traveled to Syria to fight as one of Obama's ISIS jihadis (see 21 June 2012, 1–12 August 2012, 13 May 2014), in 2016 received $95,000 in government welfare state benefits while doing so. Danish entitlement law made it impossible to cut off the benefits, even when regulations for unemployment benefits, for example, required their presence and availability for work in Denmark necessary to receive benefits.
- 28 February. Reports indicate author of the slanderous Steele dossier was paid.
- 1 March. New York Times reports "In the Obama administration’s last days, some White House officials scrambled to spread information about Russian efforts to undermine the presidential election — and about possible contacts between associates of President-elect Donald Trump and Russians — across the government. "Low level" leaks of "Russian hacking" plagued the Executive Branch and among Congressional staffers with fake news since early January. This is commonly known as Obama's amendments to E.O. 12333.
- Daily Mail reports Valerie Jarrett moves into Barack and Michelle Obama's DC home, the "nerve center of the mounting insurgency against" Donald Trump. "Obama's goal, according to a close family friend, is to oust Trump from the presidency."
- 2 March. Elizabeth Farkas, the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Russia/Ukraine/Eurasia under Obama, while interviewed on MSNBC's Morning Joe, a smoking gun went off: “I was urging my former colleagues and, frankly speaking, the people on the Hill, it was more actually aimed at telling the Hill people, get as much information as you can, get as much intelligence as you can, before President Obama leaves the administration. Because I had a fear that somehow that information would disappear with the senior people who left. So, it would be hidden away in the bureacracy, that the Trump folks, if they found out how we knew what we knew about their -- the staff, the Trump staff's dealing with Russians, that they would try to compromise those sources and methods... So I became very worried because not enough was coming out into the open and I knew that there was more." Farkas was not employed by the Obama administration at the time the Russian allegations arose. According to Pentagon records, Farkas resigned in September 2015.
- While serving a senior foreign policy advisor for Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, both Farkas and Clinton still held security clearances outside government.
- Farkas' use of "people on the hill" refers to Congressional staff which numbers into the tens of thousands, some of which have press contacts and are the source of leaks. Once the materials fell into their hands, many partisan staffers then became armchair counter-intelligence slueths, combing through the leaked material, feeding their mainstream sources with their latest pet theories on Donald Trump being in the pay of the KGB, and taking to Twitter threads with extended narratives to document their speculation.
- Washington Post reports the inquiry focused on contacts Sessions had “while serving as Mr. Trump’s foreign-policy adviser in the spring and summer of 2016,” implying (a) surveillance occurred on a U.S. Senator, and (b) surveillance may have occurred without a warrant.
- Ranking Democrat Vice-Chair of the House Intelligence Committee Adam Schiff accuses Comey of withholding information from Congressional Overseers. Lindsey Graham says, "Somebody is leaking this crap. It's putting people like me in a terrible spot."
- 4 March. Trump sends out several tweets: "Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!; "How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!"; "I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!"; "Is it legal for a sitting President to be "wire tapping" a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!"; "Just out: The same Russian Ambassador that met Jeff Sessions visited the Obama White House 22 times, and 4 times last year alone." Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau parses Obama response, "I'd be careful about reporting that Obama said there was no wiretapping. Statement just said that neither he nor the WH ordered it."
- 5 March. James Clapper exonerates Trump of collusion with Russia; Progressive media begins backtracking on innuendo and slurs in Trump-Russia conspiracy theory.
- Wikileaks releases list of Obama wiretaping targets.
- 6 March. Robby Mook, Hillary Clinton's 2016 Presidential election campaign manager told Fox News he knew of electronic surveillance on Trump during the campaign and was told by US intelligence. Mook is not a government employee and had no right to access of that information.
- Judiciary Committee Chair Sen. Grassley inquires of the FBI's plan to pay FusionGPS operative for spying on Trump during the campaign, sparking questions of Obama administration’s use of federal authorities for political gain.
- 7 March. Sen. Tom Cotton of the Senate Intelligence Committee confirms Mike Flynn was wiretapped and reveals that he is aware of the agency that surveilled him. Also, he is aware of which agency leaked the transcript of the phone call between Mike Flynn and Sergei Kislyak and suggests it is the Department of Justice.
- Cause of Action Institute files FOIA request with the FBI regarding money paid to Christopher Steele, author of the Steele dossier. “If a former spy who was being paid to do opposition research on a U.S. presidential nominee was also on the FBI’s payroll, there are serious concerns about the agency’s independence. We need to better understand this financial relationship to ensure the FBI was not misusing taxpayer money to interfere in a presidential election on behalf of one of the candidates.”
- 8 March. Sens. Lindsey Graham and Sheldon Whitehouse of the Senate Crime and Terrorism Subcommittee request of Director Comey warrant applications and court orders related to wiretapping of Donald Trump and associates. Google, Microsoft, Apple, Samsung react to Vault 7 revelations.
- 9 March. Comey meets with House and Senate Congressional leaders, and leaders of House and Senate Intelligence Committees, Sens. McConnell, Schumer, Burr, Warner, and Reps. Paul Ryan, Pelosi, Nunes and Shiff (the "gang of eight"). Justice Dept. official responds 'no comment' when asked by the New York Times to confirm Trump isn't under investigation.
- 10 March. Congressman Dennis Kucinich goes public with his story of wiretapping as a Congressman in 2011 and 4th Amendment violations.
- 15 March. Sen. Lindsey Graham makes public statement: "If there is no warrant than the only way to surveil would have clearly been illegal;"
- Comey briefs Sens. Chuck Grassley and Diane Feinstein. House Intelligence Committee asks FBI for information about the illegal unmasking of Michael Flynn's identity while the Obama administration had the Trump transition team under surveillance.
- 16 March. White House press secretary Sean Spicer claims the “British spying agency” GCHQ was spying on Trump.
- Judge Andrew Napolitano cites NSA-UK intelligence sharing (aka shell-game eavesdropping) agreement as another way for President Obama to obtain, legally, wiretap information on American citizens without a surveillance warrant.
- Former CIA acting director Michael Morell slated to be Hillary Clinton's choice to head the CIA told NBC News “On the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians, there is smoke, but there is no fire, at all. There’s no little campfire, there’s no little candle, there’s no spark. And there’s a lot of people looking for it.”
- 17 March. Britains GCHQ spying agency denies spying on Trump.
- Congress demands investigation into Obama's interfering in foreign elections.
- Democrat Rep. Seth Moulton of the House Armed Services Committee warns of nuclear war with Russia, cites the outdated doctrine of Mutually Assured Destruction as basis for his claim. MAD was replaced by Reagan's Assured Survival doctrine more than 30 years prior. Critics reacted to Moulton's claim as another Russophobic scare tactic having failed with Russian hacking claims.
- 19 March. Federal judge denies motion to dismiss case brought by former CBS anchor Sharyl Attkisson against Eric Holder and other Obamagate conspirators. Attkisson reported on Operation Fast and Furious, the Benghazi massacre coverup, and exposed the hoax reporting of Hillary Clinton landing under sniper fire. For this she was wiretaped and resigned from CBS. In her Best Seller, Stonewalled: One Reporter's Fight for Truth Against the Forces of Obstruction, Intimidation, and Harassment in Obama's Washington, Attkisson details her story. The judge transferred the case allowing it to go forward.
- 20 March. FBI Director James Comey, in sworn testimony before the House Intelligence Committee, confirms Barack Obama, Loretta Lynch, Sally Yates, Susan Rice, John Brennan, and James Clapper all had access to sensitive wiretap information which contained the name of Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn. Comey was uncertain if Ben Rhodes, a National Security Council aide, had access. Leaking to the press the identity of Flynn is a felony because the information was part of a confidential intelligence gathering operation and the information had been “masked” to protect Flynn's identity.
- Dir. Comey was further asked about purported claims Russia hacked into DNC severs: “Well, we never got direct access to the machines themselves...The DNC in the spring of 2016 hired a firm [CrowdStrike] that ultimately shared with us their forensics from their review of the system.” Dir. Rogers also stated the NSA never asked for access to the DNC hardware: “The NSA didn’t ask for access. That’s not in our job.”
- FBI Director Comey says classified leaks to the media have been "unusually active" recently.
- NSA Dir. Rogers tells Congress unmasking individuals endangers national security.
- Dir. Comey says Obama's White House had the ability to "unmask" American citizens.
- Chairman Nunes asked anyone with information about the matters before the committee to come forward.
- President Trump took to Twitter using the White House @POTUS account unlike the March 4 tweets made from his personal user account. The President tweeted: FBI Director Comey refuses to deny he briefed President Obama on calls made by Flynn to Russia.
- 22 March. At Westminster, which houses the Parliament of the United Kingdom, a policeman was stabbed to death by a Muslim after he used his car to run over pedestrians, killing 5 and causing serious injuries to 50 others. The 52 year old Muslim was born and raised in England. In a final text message minutes before the attack, he declared he was waging jihad in revenge against Western military action in Muslim countries in the Middle East.
- Attorney for Freedom Watch representing a whistleblower sends letter to Chairman Nunes imploring the Intelligence Committee to investigate allegations and evidence his client presented that "spy agencies were engaged for years in systematic illegal surveillance on prominent Americans, including the chief justice of the Supreme Court, other justices, 156 judges, prominent businessmen such as Donald Trump... Working side by side with Obama's former Director of National Intelligence (DNI), James Clapper, and Obama's former Director of the CIA, John Brennan," his client "witnessed 'up close and personal' this 'Orwellian Big Brother' intrusion on privacy, likely for potential coercion, blackmail or other nefarious purposes." Further, that "the FBI director recently claimed publicly, I believe falsely, that there is ‘no evidence’ of surveillance on President Trump and those around him by the Obama administration."
- After briefing the President on new whistleblower information the House Intelligence Committee chairman confirmed "on numerous occasions, the intelligence community incidentally collected information about U.S. citizens involved in the Trump transition. Details about U.S. persons associated with the incoming administration, details with little or no apparent foreign intelligence value, were widely disseminated in intelligence community reporting. None of this surveillance was related to Russia or the investigation of Russian activities."
- Susan Rice tells PBS, “I know nothing about this…I really don’t know to what Chairman Nunes was referring,” and denies any spying took place.
- Two days after Dir. Comey's extraordinary testimony, Chairman Nunes reveals the FBI and other agencies is still stonewalling Congressional investigation of illegal Obama administrations leaks.
- 23 March. GOP U.S. Representative Devin Nunes revealed that some of the Trump Team's conversations had been spied upon. National Security expert and journalist Bill Gertz who has lectured on defense, national security, and media issues at the Defense Department’s National Security Leadership Program, Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, the FBI National Academy, the National Defense University, and the CIA reported it is possible "Nunes himself was among those whose communications were improperly monitored."
- US Justice Dept. sued under Freedom of Information Act to disclose all documents related to Attn. Gen. Loretta Lynch's secret meeting with Bill Clinton on board the Attn. Gen.'s plane at the Phoenix airport prior to the wiretapping of Trump campaign associates.
- Russian hacking further discredited.
- Famed Journalist Bob Woodward labels' Obama actions a gross violation and possibly criminal. Under the rules the name of a US citizen who is wiretaped during a foreign intelligence surveillance operation is to be 'minimized', and in transcripts their identity is to be 'masked'. Only 20 persons in the Intelligence Community have the ability to 'unmask' a US citizen's name who in incidentally caught up in a foreign intelligence gathering operation.
- 24 March. Sen. Grassley demands more information on the funding of the Steele dossier. "When political opposition research becomes the basis for law enforcement or intelligence efforts, it raises substantial questions about the independence of law enforcement and intelligence from politics."
- Nunes says he will recall Dirs. Comey and Rogers for private hearing after concern is raised over their public testimony.
- Kucinich calls for Comey's recusal from investigation. *Comey makes late afternoon unscheduled, unannounced one hour meeting at White House with President Trump.
- 25 March. NSA whistleblower Bill Binney corroborates massive domestic spying on Supreme Court, Joint Chiefs of Staff, House, Senate, and White House.
- palmerreport.com posts article, "Report: judge-granted FISA warrant defined Donald Trump as a Russian agent of influence. Trump, Manafort, Page, and Boris Epshteyn named in FISA warrant". The article was widely circulated but deleted after the Washington Post reported on April 11 a FISA warrant was issued for Page, and after MSNBC’s Joy Reid tweeted, “Source: Carter Page isn’t the only Trump campaign ally who was the subject of a FISA warrant. A second target was recorded also. Tick tock”. Rumors are Epshteyn is SOURCE E in the Steele dossier, and he was abruptly fired from the White House March 25 because he unwittingly set Trump up by talking with Steele who gained his confidence and authored the "pee pee memo" using Epshteyn as an insider source to give the dossier in some quarters veracity.
- 27 March. In an attack on Chairman Nunes, Louise Mensch now gives the names of the four individuals whom the FISA warrant was denied in July 2016, emphasizing the new cover story to justify the wiretaps, not as political spying, but against "unwitting" foreign "agents of influence." This may give legal cover for using foreign intelligence apparatus for domestic spying, but does not justify the criminal civil rights violations in leaking an American citizens name "incidentally" caught up in a foreign intelligence gathering operation. Instead, Mensch accuses Nunes of leaking information about FBI and NSA surveillance operations.
- 29 March. Evelyn Farkas admits again that the Obama Administration attempted to gather as much intelligence as possible on Trump's alleged ties to Russia after the 2016 election and that it tried to hide their intelligence sources from the incoming Trump Administration.
- Sen. Grassley inquires of Dir. Comey about the status of Deputy Dir. Andrew McCabe in relation to the Russia investigation. According to public reports, the FBI agreed to pay the author of the unsubstantiated dossier alleging a conspiracy between Trump associates and the Russians. It reportedly agreed to pay the author, Christopher Steele, to continue investigating Mr. Trump. Clinton associates reportedly paid Steele to create this political opposition research dossier against Mr. Trump. The FBI has not yet responded go Sen. Grassley's March 6 inauiry on the reports. McCabe is currently under investigation by the Department of Justice Office of the Inspector General to examine whether the political and financial connections between his wife’s Democratic political campaign and Clinton associates warranted his recusal in the FBI’s Clinton email investigation. While McCabe recused himself from public corruption cases in Virginia—presumably including the reportedly ongoing investigation of McAuliffe regarding illegal campaign contributions—he failed to recuse himself from the Clinton email investigation, despite the appearance of a conflict of interest created by his wife’s campaign accepting $700,000 from a close Clinton associate during the email investigation. The fact is that McCabe participated in the controversial, high-profile Clinton investigation even though his wife took money from McAuliffe. FBI’s senior leadership should never have allowed that appearance of a conflict to undermine the Bureau’s important work. The Senate Committee wises to know if McCabe was involved in approving or establishing the FBI’s reported arrangement with Christopher Steele, or if McCabe vouched for or otherwise relied on the politically-funded dossier in the course of the investigation. Simply put, the American people should know if the FBI’s second-in-command relied on Democrat-funded opposition research to justify an investigation of the Republican presidential campaign.
- Constitutional lawyer, retired Chief of staff of the US Attorney General, and President of the Landmark Legal Foundation Mark Levin calles for the recusal of House Intelligence Committee ranking Democrat Adam Schiff "given the fact that he was such an avid supporter of Hillary Clinton for President of the United States. Given the fact that he was a cover up artist during the Benghazi operation, given the fact that he’s demonstrated his unwillingness to be bi-partisan by his calls for Jeff Sessions to step aside. …Adam Schiff has shown himself to be a radical leftist partisan hack, who cannot be trusted in an independent investigation of any sort on the intelligence committee."
- State Dept. employee hired by Clinton administration during Chinagate scandal arrested for accepting bribes and gifts from Chinese intelligence.
- 30 March. Farkas questioned on CNBC: "you actually said that “I knew that there was more. I became very worried because not enough was coming out into the open, and I knew that there was more.” And then, you actually said that that’s why you have all the leaking, to make sure we get it out. I mean, people are accusing you, Evelyn, of admitting that was surveillance, admitting that there was unmasking, and urging people, or, at least, saying that intelligence leaking, which could be a felony, is the way that it should get out. And you weren’t even part of the government at that point."
- Sen. Grassley asks of the State Department the status of security clearances for Hillary Clinton and 6 of her "research assistance" involved in mishandling classified materials, and any steps the department is taking to review whether the clearances should be suspended or revoked. “Any other government workers who engaged in such serious offenses would, at a minimum, have their clearances suspended pending an investigation. The failure to do so has given the public the impression that Secretary Clinton and her associates received special treatment,” Grassley wrote. Following FBI’s investigation into Clinton’s email server, Dir. Comey noted that “there is evidence of potential violations of the statutes regarding the handling of classified information,” and that individuals who are careless with such material are “often subject to security or administrative sanctions.” The Obama State Dept. previously told Grassley’s office that it would wait until after the FBI concluded its investigation before determining whether those involved should face consequences for mishandling sensitive material. While the investigation has been over for months, it remains unclear whether any such review has taken place. Sen. Grassley sent two letters inquiring about such a review (August 24, 2015, May 19, 2016) to John Kerry and both were ignored. The question remains unanswered - whether Hillary Clinton and her 6 staffers still hold security clearances more than 4 years later - longer than the amount of time she served in office.
- 31 March. Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Grassley inquired of the Justice Dept. about a complaint filed in July 2016 alleging FusionGPS, authors of the Steele dossier, acting as an unregistered agent of Russia in a lobbying campaign to rewrite and overturn the Magnitsky Act, a law named for a whistleblower who was allegedly murdered while in custody in Russia. The law imputed sanctions against certain Russian officials. Grassley wrote that when FusionGPS reportedly was acting as an unregistered agent of Russian interests, it simultaneously was creating the Steele dossier of unsubstantiated allegations of conspiracy between the Trump campaign and the Russians. The Obama Justice Dept. had done nothing since July 2016 to respond to the complaint of FusionGPS' violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).
- The committee is also seeking to determine the extent to which the FBI relied on the Steele dossier in its investigation. Chairman Grassley has requested documentation from Fusion GPS as to who hired and paid them, when Steele was hired, how the FBI got involved and whether Fusion GPS was aware of the FBI paying Steele. Fox News reports both a Senate and House committee are investigating the FBI for leaks and civil rights violations. Adam Housley reports "The person who did the unmasking is "very well known, very high up, very senior, in the intelligence world & is not in the FBI," and that "unmasking the names and then spreading the names was for political purposes that have nothing to do with national security."
- 1 April. President Trump calls for investigation into the Clinton's.
- 2 April. Susan Rice identified as unmasking incoming Trump administration officials. Rice worked at the elbow of President Obama. As National Security Advisor to Obama, she unmasked the identity of Trump National Security Advisor Michael Flynn which was leaked to the press. The action caused harm to US national security, and is a felonious criminal act. Questions remain if and why Rice would have violated the law on her own without President Obama's approval. Rice was denied the position of Secretary of State by the Democratic Senate in 2013 to succeed Hillary Clinton because of lying and deception about the Benghazi Massacre. Nevertheless, Obama kept her at his side in the White House as head of the National Security Council staff. It was to examine White House logs on the handling of classified information why Chairman Nunes made several trips to the White House that confirmed Susan Rice behind efforts to smear Trump and officials in a supposed foreign intelligence gathering operation.
- 4 April. In Paris a young Muslim man throws a 66-year-old Jewish woman to her death from a balcony while praising Allah.
- Susan Rice begins backpeddling early denials. Rice tells Andrea Mitchell that Obama "requested the compilation of the intelligence, which was ultimately provided in January."
- Rice tells Mitchell "sometimes it was necessary to find out who that U.S. official was.” Neither Trump, Flynn or others were U.S. officials.
- Rice admits asking specifically for the names of members of Donald Trump’s transition team, but tries to deny it was "for political purposes."
- Rice corroborates Dir. Comey's testimony the pace of requests picked up with increasing information particularly after August 2016.
- Several news organizations report Rice ordered U.S. spy agencies to produce spreadsheets revealing Trump associates picked up in surveillance of foreign officials and then leaked the names.
- 5 April. Reports say CIA Dir. John Brennan targeted Sean Hannity and Blackwater founder, Erik Prince between the election on November 8 and the inauguration in January, according to White House and House intelligence sources. Hannity was reportedly unmasked by Susan Rice at Brennan’s behest because of a perceived relationship with Trump and Julian Assange. Prince has long criticized the CIA’s incompetence, including the Brennan's handling of the drone program and its failure to target terrorists properly and the collateral damage done to Afghan civilians. Brennan was behind the removal of Flynn. The motivations for Brennan’s intense dislike of Michael Flynn date back to August 2012 when Flynn was producing intel documents that showed how the supposed 'Syrian moderates' were funded by persons and groups in Saudi Arabia and Qatar. Brennan also brought in to the CIA disgraced Syria analyst Elizabeth O’Bagy. O’Bagy was outed for manufacturing her credentials and for being paid by the Syrian rebels.
- 7 April. In Stockholm, Sweden a 'radicalized' Muslim steals a truck and runs over pedestrians, killing 5 including an 11-year-old girl, and injuring 14.
- 8 April. In direct messages released by actress-model Robin Young and Guccifer 2.0, Guccifer 2.0 claims Seth Rich was his whistleblower source and that he created the ruse that he was a Russian hacker to protect his source.
- Susan Rice net worth estimated at $50 million, an increase of $30 million since she entered the White House. Rice has never worked in the private sector nor earned more than $172,000 has a career civil servant.
- 9 April. Washington Post Fact Checker gives Susan Rice four Pinocchios.
- 10 April. Washington Post reports Rice herself asked to unmask the identities of some of the Trump associates and chronicles list of misleading statements. Rice under fire over claims of destroying Syrian chemical weapons.
- 13 April. Both House and Senate expand investigation into Susan Rice and the Obama administration's domestic spying for political purposes.
- FusionGPS, the firm which authored the Steele dossier, refuses to answer the Senate Judiciary Committee's question as to who in the Clinton machine hired them. The Steele dossier formed much of the basis for the Obama administration's attacks on Donald Trump and its authorization to use the US Intelligence Community to harass domestic political opponents. "When political opposition research becomes the basis for law enforcement or intelligence efforts, it raises substantial questions about the independence of law enforcement and intelligence from politics.”
- After first denying involvement, Britains GCHQ spying agency admits to spying on Trump since 2015 and sharing information with US intelligence since the spring of 2016, corroborating the report of the NYT of March 2 cited by Mark Levin and pre-dating any FISA warrant or "incidental collection." This allegation has its roots in the Steele dossier and claims US involvement in the Trump investigation began in April 2016 when John Brennan received "routine" intelligence sharing information from British intelligence, including sharing activities from one of the Baltic States, now rumored to be Estonia. Some Estonian figures reacted negatively to Trump comments about defending the Baltics and making NATO allies pay their fair share.
- 17 April. Senate to investigate Rice's contacts with Bannon, Clapper, and others.
- 18 April. CNN finally reports FBI used bogus Steele dossier to obtain FISA warrant. What's more, both the FBI & Clinton campaign associates paid Steele to write the opposition research attacks.
- The bogus document has been cited by FBI Dir. Comey in some of his briefings to members of Congress in recent weeks, as one of the sources of information the bureau used to bolster its investigation.
- The bogus evidence also was presented to the FISA court to win approval to surveillance on Carter Page. Page commented, "I look forward to the Privacy Act of 1974 lawsuit that I plan to file in response to the civil rights violations by Obama administration appointees last year. The discovery process will be of great value to the United States, as our nation hears testimony from them under oath, and we receive disclosure of the documents which show what exactly was done in 2016."
- Cause of Action (CoA), a watchdog group, files suit seeking records on the relationship between the FBI and Christopher Steele, author of the Steele dossier. "According to a news report, Mr. Steele entered an agreement with the FBI a few weeks before the November 2016 election to investigate then-candidate Donald Trump while, at the same time, he was employed by an opposition research firm to collect information for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton."
- In Fresno, CA three men are gunned down at random by a convert to Islam yelling praises to Allah.
- 19 April. Intelligence Community pushes to keep surveillance powers. Maintaining existing powers is "the intelligence community’s top legislative priority for 2017."
- 20 April. In Paris an Islamic extremist sprays a police car with an AK-47 along the Champs-Élysées, Paris' most famous street within yards of the Arc de Triomphe, killing a police officer and seriously injuring two others. The killer was 'known to police', born in 1977 in the Paris suburbs, had been jailed four times between 2001 and 2014 for attempted murder on police officers, violence and robbery. He served 12 years. He was arrested in February 2017 in a counter-terror investigation for threatening police, but was released shortly thereafter. ABC News reported the Islamic State]] took credit for the attack. The attacked occurred less than 3 days before France's presidential election.
- 21 April. Landmark Legal Foundation files Amicus brief with FISA court. Landmark submits that the Obama administration "abused the judicial process, placing the integrity of this Court and the constitutional rights of individuals at risk." Landmark asks the Court to examine:
1. Have this Court’s order or orders been used by intelligence and law enforcement entities of the federal government as a subterfuge to surveil private citizens and at least one United States Senator for political purposes?
2. Did government officials seek one or more national security surveillance warrants from this Court as a pretext to conduct an investigation for the purpose of affecting an ongoing national presidential campaign and subsequent transition of an incoming president?
3. When applying to this Court for one or more warrants in this matter, did the FBI inform this Court that it had apparently paid some of the expenses of a former British spy who prepared the dossier reportedly relied on, in whole or part, in its application to convince this Court to issue a warrant, and that it had apparently negotiated to make further payments to the former British spy, which efforts were ultimately unsuccessful?4. When applying to this Court for one or more warrants in this matter, did the FBI inform this Court that the dossier it reportedly presented in pursuit of one or more warrants had originally been prepared by the former British spy for a Washington research firm conducting opposition research against the Republican nominee for president, candidate Donald Trump?
- 22 April. New York Times reports FBI offered to pay Christopher Steel $50,000 if he could corroborate the Steele dossier; nothing has been paid.
- Document reveals Attn. Gen. Loretta Lynch instructed FBI Dir. Comey to cover-up Hillary investigation.
- 28. April. NSA press release claims NSA has ceased "certain activities." related to Sec. 702.
- 29 April. In Germany a Muslim woman is stabbed to death in front of her two children over her decision to accept Christianity.
- 19 May. In Tampa, a recent convert shoots two people to death for disrespecting Islam.
- 22 May. Manchester Arena bombing. 22 dead, adults, children, mostly girls. 119 injured, 59 severely. The Manchester Arena is the largest concert venue in Europe. The city of Manchester has a large popular music tradition. The blast happened at a pop concert attended by mostly teenage girls with their parents and other small children. The attack occurred simultaneously with President Trump's visit to Bethleham, where he made a statement condemning the attack. The timing of the attack shows the increasing sophistication for propaganda purposes of the jihadis. A statement by President Trump from Bethlehem, a predominantly Muslim city of significance to Christian heritage, baited the President into making potentially provocative statements in the heart of Islam.
- 27 May. Times of London reports between home grown jihadis, and what the UK has imported since it provoked the Libyan war along with NATO and Obama in 2011, there are 23,000 jihadis in the UK, with 3000 as potentially imminent threats on the streets today. MI5 claims to have 500 ongoing investigations and to have foiled 5 plots in two months.
The jihadist strategy book, the Management of Savagery, bares becoming familiar with. Jihadis view themselves as on a civilizing mission to a savage world. The first stage of their mission is "the power of vexation and exhaustion" before actually managing the conquered savages. There are several goals for the stage of the "power of vexation and exhaustion," but the primary goal is:
Exhausting the forces of the enemy and the regimes collaborating with them, dispersing their efforts, and working to make them unable to catch their breath by means of operations in the regions of the choice states, primary or otherwise, even if the operations are small in size or effect. Although the blow of the rod may only strike a (single) Crusader head, its spread and escalation will have an effect for a long period of time.
Note that "vexation and exhaustion operations" precede conquest, or the "management of savagery," which then leads to the final stage of "the establishment of the Islamic State." The Islamic State will be "established" when the Caliph controls Mecca. The people of Raqqa and Mosul have been under the "management of savagery," while the rest of us are still under the vexation stage—the Islamic State has yet to be established. What exists in Raqqa is a Turkish, Saudi, Qarari, and US creation to battle Iran & Hezbollah. But the Obama-backed jihadis, many which came out of Gaddafi's prisons, now have the best US/Qatari Special Operations Forces (SOF) training on the most modern weapons, and are able to pass that training unto others. Many will survive the approaching Battle of Raqqa.
- 1 June. Islamic State's official weekly, al Naba, published online celebrates Manchester Arena attack:
"A soldier from the Islamic State has unleashed terror throughout their country, they rushed to spread the army in the cities, mobilizing police and security in the streets for fear of a new attack," which "is inevitable, God willing." The article branded UK security across the country as a "costly, exhausting situation."
- In Germany, a father of two is stabbed to death by two Muslims for smoking during Ramadan and refusing to fast.
- 3 June. London Bridge attack. Muslims screaming “this is for Allah” murder 8, wound 48; CNN unsure of their motives. Again, females were specifically targeted. An eyewitness said,
The three terrorists all stuck closely together, it was like they were trained.
- 4 June. John Schindler, who threatened Donald Trump, writes in Jared Kushner's Observer, "There Is No Intelligence Solution to Britain’s Rivers of Blood: After three jihadist attacks in as many months, the United Kingdom is facing a protracted insurgency—not mere terrorism." Schindler says,
even if the number of potential terrorists requiring close watching by the secret state is “only” 3,000, that target pool vastly exceeds the capabilities of British intelligence....a rule of thumb is you need two dozen operatives to closely watch one suspect... ...counterterrorism professionals cannot stop every would-be terrorist. That’s actuarially impossible....the reality the United Kingdom faces is that mass-casualty terrorist attacks are becoming the “new normal”—another unfortunate fact of life which angry and scared citizens are supposed to take in stride, like bad weather or traffic congestion.
- In a 30-minute span, Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates suspended diplomatic ties and blocked air and sea travel to and from Qatar. Crisis exacerbated by support for ISIS, the Muslim Brotherhood, and their openness to Iran.
- 13 June. Crazed left-wing anti-Trumper shoots 6, including Rep. Scott Scalise and two Capital Hill policeman at practice for a charitable event baseball game.
- 20 June. ISIS bomber blows himself up as he was being shot in Brussels, Belgium train station while Brexit talks begin.
- European migrant crisis
- Obamagate timeline
- Obamagate timeline 2009-2015
- Media intelligence complex
- Barack Obama Controversies
- Barack Hussein Obama's unlawful acts
- Obama's second term agenda
- Clinton scandal
- Deep state coup
- By his eighth year in office Obama was preaching American exceptionalism as all his globalist and neoconservative forebears had done: "once you're in the Oval Office, once you begin interacting with world leaders, once you see the complexities of the issues, that has a way of shaping your thinking and, in some cases, modifying your thinking, because you recognize this solemn responsibility not only to the American people but the solemn responsibility that America has as the largest, most powerful country in the world... the United States really is an indispensable nation in our world order. ... the basic framework of the world order coming out of World War II and then on through the end of the Cold War was shaped by a set of ideals and principles that have worked for the vast majority of people -- not just America, but around the world. The notion of democracy and rule of law, and a free press and independent judiciary, and open markets...It doesn’t just happen on its own. I've said this in Europe. I've said this in places where there’s this pushback against this modern order. ...if we're not on the side of what’s right, if we're not making the argument and fighting for it, even if sometimes we're not able to deliver at 100 percent everywhere -- then it collapses. And there’s nobody to fill the void. There really isn't.
- Hillary Clinton on Gaddafi: We came, we saw, he died. youtube
- Libya: Obama Admits Clinton's "Greatest Moment" Was His "Worst Mistake, Lauren McCauley, Common Dreams, April 12, 2016.
- "Libya agrees pact with Italy to boost investment", Al-Arab, 2 March 2009.
- "Italia-Libia, firmato l'accordo", La Repubblica, 30 August 2008. (Italian) Archived from the original on 3 December 2013.
- U.S. Department of State, International Religious Freedom Report 2009, Released by the Bureau for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor Washington, DC, (October 26, 2009). www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org
- Credit:Sharyl Attkisson. https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/12/1210665_obama-leak-investigations-internal-use-only-pls-do-not.html
- In Redistricting Year, GOP Gains a Big Edge (November 4, 2010).
- Four More Lessons from the GOP Landslide (November 4, 2010).
- Devastation: GOP Picks Up 680 State Leg. Seats (November 4, 2010).
- "Libyan Islamists seize arms, take hostages", Sydney Morning Herald, 21 February 2011.
- Hooper, John. "Silvio Berlusconi sent for trial accused of paying for sex with teenager", The Guardian, 15 February 2011.
- "Silvio Berlusconi faces Ruby sex charge trial in April", BBC News, 15 February 2011.
- Squires, Nick. "Libya: Italy Fears 300,000 Refugees", The Daily Telegraph, 23 February 2011.
- Colonel Gaddafi warned Tony Blair of Islamist attacks on Europe, By Robert Mendick, Telegraph 07 Jan 2016. telegraph.co.uk
- "Libya Opposition Launches Council", Al Jazeera, 27 February 2011.
- "Libyan Rebels Said To Debate Seeking U.N. Airstrikes", The New York Times, 1 March 2011.
- US Names Chris Stevens Liaison to Libyan Opposition, ABC News Radio, March 14, 2011.
- The article says "foreign intelligence agencies have bitter experience with supplying Stinger missiles to anti-Soviet freedom fighters in Afghanistan, only to spend years struggling to keep them out of the hands of terrorists."https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/libyan-rebels-at-pains-to-distance-themselves-from-extremists/article570971/?ref=http://www.theglobeandmail.com&
- TWA Flight 800 may have been brought down by a Stinger missile supplied to the Afghan mujihadeen by the CIA in the 1980s and smuggled back into the United States. https://www.amazon.com/TWA-800-Crash-Cover-Up-Conspiracy/dp/1621574717
- Syria says seizes weapons smuggled from Iraq, Mar 11, 2011
- National Security Hillary’s war: How conviction replaced skepticism in Libya intervention, By Joby Warrick, Washington Post, October 30, 2011.
- LESSONS OF LIBYA FOR FUTURE WESTERN MILITARY FORAYS, By John Barry, Newsweek National Security Correspondent. europeaninstitute.org
- Appearing before the Senate Armed Services Committee, Stavridis was asked by Republican Sen. James Inhofe to comment on "reports about the presence of al Qaeda among the rebels, among those with whom we are associated." "As you can imagine, we are examining very closely the content, composition, the personalities, who are the leaders in these opposition forces," Stavridis responded. "The intelligence that I am receiving at this point makes me feel that the leadership I am seeing are responsible men and women who are struggling against Colonel Gadhafi. We have seen flickers in the intelligence of potential al Qaeda, Hezbollah, we've seen different things, but at this point I don't have detail sufficient to say that there is a significant al Qaeda presence or any other terrorist presence in and among these folks. We'll continue to look at that very closely. It's part of doing due diligence as we move forward on any kind of relationship." http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/2011/03/saceur-j2-please-call-your-office.html
- How Obama turned on a dime toward war.
- While Supreme Allied Commander Europe. U.S. Admiral James G. Stravridis is the supreme commander of NATO military operations, Adm. Stravridis can still work operationally independent of NATO. He is totally subordinate to the Obama Administration and the Pentagon. United States Senate Armed Services Committee, U.S. European Command and U.S. Strategic Command in review of the Defense Authorization Request for Fiscal Year 2012 and the Future Years Defense Program, 112th Congress, 2011, 1st Session, 29 March 2011.
- French plans to topple Gaddafi on track since last November, by Franco Bechis, VoltaireNet, March 26, 2011.
- Sinjar Documents
- The Sinjar Documents are a collection of al Qaeda computer data captured by Americans in 2007 in a predawn raid near Sinjar, Iraq, six miles from the Syrian border.
- consortiumnews concludes, "This is how propaganda, press manipulation and lying to the public is manufactured in Washington, DC. Hillary and her crew, with the help of Jamie Rubin, pushed the meme that Hillary, not Obama, deserved the credit for the “success” in Libya. Absolutely. Let her have it. Hang this festering turd of a policy around Hillary’s neck. To do so is only just. She is a power hungry thug who helped cause the deaths of thousands just to advance her own vile political ambitions." https://consortiumnews.com/2016/07/07/hillary-clintons-libyan-fingerprints/?print=print
- Libyan missiles on the loose, By David Ignatius, Washington Post Opinion writer, May 8, 2012
- http://www.judicialwatch.org/document-archive/control/ p.764 pdf
- Leading Libyan Islamist met Free Syrian Army opposition group, Ruth Sherlock in Tripoli 9:00PM GMT 27 Nov 2011. The Telegraph, telegraph.co.uk/.
- See The Future of Terrorism: What al-Qaida Really Wants, Der Spiegel, "The Unification Phase," Interview with Ayman Zawahiri.
- Jake Sullivan b. 1976. Sullivan, who was 35 years old at the time is presumably one of the "35-year-old PhDs who love to talk, because that's the way you let everybody know how smart you are, is how much you talk." Sec. Hagel continues, "[Obama] has a staff around him that's very inexperienced. I don't think there's one veteran on his senior staff at the White House. I don't believe there's one business person. I don't believe there's one person who's ever run anything. Other than Vice President Biden, none of them have ever been elected to anything." Sec. Gates criticized "staffers calling senior commanders out in the field and asking them questions, of second guessing commanders...I told my combatant commanders and field commanders … if you get calls from … the president, that's one thing. But if you get a call from some White House or National Security Council staffer, you tell them to call me instead, and then tell them, by the way, go to hell." Hagel also criticized Susan Rice's approach and subservience to Obama. https://youtu.be/GPPx83VoLyY
- Ann Snyder (2012-04-21). Danish Supreme Court Acquits Hedegaard. The Legal Project.
- President of Danish Free Press Society convicted for 'Racism'. Europe News (2011-05-03).
- The document reads in part: "Iran's nuclear program and Syria's civil war may seem unconnected, but they are. For Israeli leaders, the real threat from a nuclear-armed Iran is not the prospect of an insane Iranian leader launching an unprovoked Iranian nuclear attack on Israel that would lead to the annihilation of both countries. What Israeli military leaders really worry about -- but cannot talk about -- is losing their nuclear monopoly. An Iranian nuclear weapons capability would not only end that nuclear monopoly but could also prompt other adversaries, like Saudi Arabia and Egypt, to go nuclear as well. The result would be a precarious nuclear balance in which Israel could not respond to provocations with conventional military strikes on Syria and Lebanon, as it can today."https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/18328
- Morrissey, Ed (May 8, 2014). Did Hillary refuse to designate Boko Haram as a terrorist organization? Hot Air website.
- The article states, "Rice has managed to make an impressive array of enemies ...when she was an assistant secretary of state during the Clinton administration, she appalled colleagues by flipping her middle finger at Richard Holbrooke during a meeting with senior staff at the State Department, according to witnesses. Colleagues talk of shouting matches and insults. Among those she has insulted is the woman she would replace at State. Rice was one of the first former Clinton administration officials to defect to Obama’s primary campaign against Hillary Clinton. Rice condemned Clinton’s Iraq and Iran positions, asking for an “explanation of how and why she got those critical judgments wrong.” Clinton got a measure of revenge in 2010 after she worked out a deal with the Russian foreign minister on a package of Iran sanctions to be adopted by the U.N. Security Council. The White House wanted Rice to make the announcement (part of a campaign to increase her profile that included high-visibility foreign trips and TV appearances), but a Clinton aide got Kerry to ask Clinton about the matter during an unrelated Senate hearing...It was Rice’s own shoot-first tendency that caused her to be benched as a spokesman for the Obama campaign for a time in 2008. She unnerved European allies when she denounced as “counterproductive” and “self-defeating” the U.N. policy that Iran suspend its nuclear program before talks can begin. She criticized President George W. Bush and McCain because they “insisted” on it. But, as The Post’s Glenn Kessler pointed out at the time, European diplomats were rattled by such remarks because the precondition was their idea. Rice’s pugilism provoked the Russians to weigh in this week in opposition to her nomination as secretary of state." http://www.jewishworldreview.com/1112/milbank111912.php3#.WOvs0_9MHMI
- "Denmark shooting: Gunman targets Islam critic Hedegaard", BBC, 2013-02-05.
- In Google translation the article reads (boldening in original, excerpted):"...Washington has operated continuously through USAID, the US government agency that works to "promote American interests" and whose goal is "to support US foreign policy (...) expand stable free societies, create markets and business partners for the United States".
For about 20 years the USAID action was altogether balanced, ruled by a sense of realism and limited to create spheres of influence in the country in line with the legitimate demands of geopolitical America. But after Obama entered the White House, things have changed.
SOROS COMING! On February 27, 2012, the Open Society of George Soros has entered into an agreement with the Government of the United States, more than 2.5 million dollars to make in Macedonia the Civil Society Project, the democratization floor of the small Balkan nation through a series of Macedonian NGOs and associations. In 2014, the agreement was expanded to four other civil organizations (all related to the Open Society or funded by it), for a total investment of 5 million dollars from USAID and $500,000 in the same Soros Foundation. The data, figures, associations and activities, are published in a very precise report drawn up by a group of Macedonian journalists gathered under the name "STOP SOROS" report denouncing the collusion between the US government and the financier and shows the complexity of the connections and of the plots. The report explains how the organizations that have received millions of dollars from the US government, through the Open Society, are all emanations of the Macedonian left-wing party SDSM (Social Democratic Union of Macedonia) derivation of the old Yugoslav Communist Party era; and it is no accident that from 2015 to 2016 these organizations coordinated by the SDSM, were the protagonists of the protests and riots of the "colored revolution" that shook Macedonia leading to the resignation of the Conservative government in office and to early elections; clashes led by leaders like LGBT activist Pavle Bogoevski and even today the parliamentary left, in the photo portrait with a t-shirt ironic that says, 'Soros-army'. Now Macedonia is crossed by a serious political crisis without a government majority with ethnic tensions that begin to burst with the Albanian minority. In short, a perfect creative chaos similar to many other artificially created by Geroge Soros in Eastern Europe. In Macedonia the scheme is very similar to the scheme in Ukraine (where among other things we remember, the role of Soros is well documented) Even the characters are the same as Victoria Nuland, responsible for the Eurasian policies of Obama, who during the Revolution colored He traveled to Macedonia "to meet civil activists and encourage them to continue their work" exactly what he did during Maidan. (For those who wish to learn who is Victoria Nuland, and what role did the outbreak of the Ukrainian crisis, we refer to this video editorial two years ago, made for Il Giornale)
STOP SOROS In a long and complex analysis of The American Spectator':, Victor Gaetan , explained how the attempts at destabilization of Macedonia by Soros has commenced, even in 1995, but are made only when the arrival of Obama to the White House given away for free (and American money) to infiltration strategy of the Open Society. Cvetin Chilimanov, journalist MIA (Macedonian Information Agency) and Vice President of STOP SOROS, explained how the goal of the USA/Soros is not help the Macedonian nation but to seize power in the political forces of the left radicals. And it is evident also in Macedonia (as in the rest of Europe) the left is perfectly functional globalist ideology that Soros wants to impose in the West: migration, dissolution of nation states, disarticulation of the fabric of traditional values of the Royal Society (and not ideological). On the other hand, Macedonia remains a culturally and socially conservative country, whose population is strongly linked to the values of Orthodox Christianity, with public opinion in a clear majority opposed to issues such as abortion and gay marriage (among the most expensive issues George Soros).
SOMETHING IS CHANGING (?) Financing Operations Use/Soros to the Macedonian NGOs have continued even in recent times, and many are still active. Not only that, but according to Gaetan an additional funding of $9.5 million was awarded a year ago at the Open Society and entrusted to Macedonian organizations, if it were not blocked by the new Secretary of State Tillerson, appointed by Trump. But this is a sign that maybe something is changing. Strengthened by Trump victory, thousands of Macedonians took to the streets to ask the new US administration the end of the financial support of the Open Society and the American ambassador's removal as the very executor of the Soros project...http://blog.ilgiornale.it/rossi/2017/04/04/macedonia-di-soros/?repeat=w3tc
- Gallagher, Ryan (May 16, 2013). Verizon Wireless Secretly Passed AP Reporters' Phone Records to Feds. www.slate.com.
- Sanchez, Raf (May 13, 2013). US Justice Department secretly seizes Associated Press phone records. The Telegraph.
- Washington (AP) (May 13, 2013). US government secretly obtained Associated Press phone records. The Guardian.
- Matt Smith and Joe Johns (May 14, 2013). AP blasts feds for phone records search. CNN.
- Gary B. Pruitt (May 13, 2013). AP letter to Eric Holder on seizure of phone records. USA Today. Retrieved on June 1, 2013.
- http://www.reuters.com/article/us-dea-sod-idUSBRE97409R20130805 <
- Ukraine seeking observer status in Eurasian Economic Union - Yanukovych, Interfax-Ukraine (19 December 2013)
- http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/17/flashback-barack-obama-wiretapped-german-chancellor-angela-merkel-in-2010/ <
- 80% of asylum applicants between the ages of 14 and 34 were male, which Eurostat describes as "gender inequality."
Asylum statistics, Eurostat Statistics Explained, Data extracted 2 March 2016 and 20 April 2016.
- Promises of free willing young blonde girls attract migrant Muslim men to Sweden, by 1389 on SEPTEMBER 27, 2015. 1389blog.com
- Migrants are disguising themselves as Syrians to enter Europe, By Souad Mekhennet and William Booth, Washington Post, September 23, 2015
- What the Democrats tried to do today [20 March 2017 Congressional hearing] was criminalize everyone who works for better relations between the US and Russia. To be for peace between the nuclear powers is to be a Russian agent and to be put on a list. The Democrats insisted that Russia was an enemy out to get us, and the Democrats had no difficulty getting Comey and Rogers, both Obama appointees, to agree. Comey and Rogers said that Russia was the main threat to the US, was working against our interests, and intends to harm us. Harming us includes opposing US hegemony and unilateralism. In other words, if the Russian government acts in the interests of Russia, the Russian government is harming the US. From the testimony it clearly emerged that any kind of opposition to anything Washington does is against American interests. Both Comey and Rogers declared, falsely, that Russia had invaded Ukraine and seized Crimea by force. If Comey and Rogers are so poorly informed that they believe this, they are unfit for office. Crimea has been a part of Russia for 300 years.[Citation Needed] The population is almost entirely Russian. When the Soviet Union collapsed and Washington broke it apart, the Ukraine became independent for the first time in history. Crimea, which had been transferred by Khrushchev in 1954 from the Russian Soviet Socialist Republic to the Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic, was included in the transfer on the condition that Russia had a long term lease on the naval base in Crimea. When Washington’s coup overthrew the democratically elected government in Ukraine, the Russian populations in Crimea, and in the new republics of Luhansk and Donetsk, were attacked and threatened by the neo-nazi elements in eastern Ukraine that had fought for Hitler against the Soviet Union. The populations of these areas voted overwhelmingly to reunite with Russia, from whence they had come. The votes were fair and open. As Crimea is the Russian Navy’s Black Sea base, Crimea was already occupied by Russian forces. For Comey and Rogers to call this an “invasion” displays either ignorance or a lack of integrity. http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2017/03/20/conspiracy-president-trump/
- Al Qaeda’s Top Envoy Killed in Syria by Rival Rebel Group, TIME Magazine, February 24, 2014.
- Macneal, Caitlin. "CBS Investigative Reporter Sharyl Attkisson Resigns From Network", March 10, 2014.
- "Best Sellers: Combined Print & E-Book Nonfiction", The New York Times, November 23, 2014.
- Mirkinson, Jack (May 21, 2013). CBS' Sharyl Attkisson: My Computers Were Compromised, 'Could Be Some Relationship' To DOJ Scandals. The Huffington Post. Retrieved on November 1, 2014.
- CBS News Confirms Sharyl Attkisson's Computer Breached. The Huffington Post (June 14, 2013).
- Smith, Kyle; Golding, Bruce (October 27, 2014), "Ex-CBS reporter: Government agency bugged my computer", New York Post, http://nypost.com/2014/10/27/ex-cbs-reporter-government-related-entity-bugged-my-computer
- Attkisson sues government over computer intrusions, Washington Post; Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- Editorial Opinion re Attkisson, Washington Post; Retrieved March 6, 2015.
- Hillary Dropped the Ball on Boko Haram, Josh Rogin, [The Daily Beast], May 7, 2014. www.yahoo.com
- Iraq army capitulates to Isis militants in four cities | World news | The Guardian
- p.42 pdf
- Pierog, Karen. "Republicans gain big in state legislative elections | Reuters".
- "Nearly half of Americans will now live in states under total GOP control".
- The Other GOP Wave: State Legislatures |.
- Europe’s Muslim rape epidemic: ‘Cologne is every day’, July 12, 2016. en.europenews.dk
- Counterintelligence Reader, World War II, Chapter 3, p. 249
- ISIS BEHEADING PLOT - Jihadis send LETTERS to EU civilians ordering them to convert or die, By NICK GUTTERIDGE, Daily Express, Dec 18, 2015. www.express.co.uk
- Sweden’s record is shameful Stockholm police were warned not to give descriptions of the perpetrators lest they were accused of being racist, Ivar Arpi, The Spectator, 16 January 2016. www.spectator.co.uk
- Migrant crisis: Young female refugee centre worker stabbed to death by migrant in Sweden, Mark Piggott By Mark Piggott, International Business Times, January 25, 2016
- Sweden: Muslim migrants force police to flee refugee center, Robert Spencer, Jihad Watch, JANUARY 26, 2016
- NYT, 1/19/17
- WOMAN WELCOMES MUSLIM 'REFUGEE' INTO HOME, GETS RAPED, Leo Hohmann, World Net Daily, 05/31/2016
- Sweden’s Migrant Rape Epidemic Revealed. www.israelvideonetwork.com
- Confessore, Scott Shane, Nicholas; Rosenberg, Matthew (11 January 2017). "How a Sensational, Unverified Dossier Became a Crisis for Donald Trump". The New York Times.
- Statement by Director James Comey on the Investigation of Secretary Hillary Clinton’s Use of a Personal E-Mail System (July i5, 2015).
- Hillary Clinton on Assange "Can't we just drone this guy" -- report https://t.co/S7tPrl2QCZ https://t.co/qy2EQBa48y
- Check out @HillaryClinton's Tweet: https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/793250312119263233?s=09
- (begins about 34:17 in video) http://theuptake.org/2016/12/06/obama-on-counterterrorism/
- http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/10/politics/donald-trump-response-russian-hacking/ …
- See entries for 12 August 2012 and 5 April 2017.
- PROCEDURES FOR THE AVAILABILITY OR DISSEMINATION OF RAW SIGNALS INTELLIGENCE INFORMATION BY THE NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY UNDER SECTION 2.3 OF EXECUTIVE ORDER 12333 (RAW SIGINT AVAILABILITY PROCEDURES). OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR OF NATIONAL INTELLIGENCE. UNCLASSIFIED
- Ross's article expounds: The main proponent of that law, a British-American businessman named Bill Browder, tells DC..."Glenn Simpson’s job was to knowingly and dishonestly change the narrative of how Sergei Magnitsky came to die from murder to natural causes, and to change the narrative that Sergei Magnitsky was a criminal and not a whistleblower," ... Magnitsky, who helped Browder investigate many of the corrupt Russian firms, was arrested in Nov. 2008 and accused of engaging in fraud and tax evasion. Magnitsky was tortured for months in a Russian prison and deprived of medical treatment, all in order to elicit a false confession that he and Browder were engaged in fraud and tax evasion, Browder has alleged. After Magnitsky’s health deteriorated, he was transferred to another jail. There, the lawyer was allegedly beaten with blunt objects by prison guards. He died on Nov. 16, 2009 at the age of 37. Soon after his friend’s murder, Browder began lobbying American lawmakers — Maryland Sen. Ben Cardin and Arizona Sen. John McCain, in particular — to pass a law that would provide a mechanism to punish Kremlin-linked Russian criminals. http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/16/think-tank-appears-to-cut-ties-with-oppo-researcher-behind-trump-dossier/#ixzz4d5c0xHTC
- Bertrand, Natasha (January 24, 2017). A look at the scope of the intelligence community's investigations into Trump's ties to Russia. Business Insider. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- The artcle continues: "Since no one can take part in the formulation or execution of foreign or defense policy without a high-level security clearance, vetoing the president’s people by denying them clearances trumps the president....the persons who thus took for themselves the prerogative that the American people had entrusted to [President Trump] at the ballot box, chances are 100 percent that they will use that prerogative ever more frequently with regard to anyone else whom they regard as standing in the way of their preferred policies, as a threat to their reputation, or simply as partisan opponents... undermin[ing] nothing less than the self-evident heart of the Constitution’s Article II: The president is the executive branch. All of its employees draw their powers from him and answer to him, not the other way around." http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/feb/15/cia-insults-trump/
- The article continues, "as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency – he oversaw a prescient 2012 analysis that foresaw that their support for the Syrian insurgency would give rise to “a declared or undeclared Salafist principality in eastern Syria [ISIS].” The DIA report, which was partially declassified in a lawsuit over the 2012 killing of the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other U.S. personnel in Benghazi, Libya, embarrassed the advocates for an escalation of the war in Syria and the ouster of secular President Bashar al-Assad. Flynn even went further in a 2015 interview when he said the intelligence was “very clear” that the Obama administration made a “willful decision” to back these jihadists in league with Middle East allies, a choice that looked particularly stupid when Islamic State militants started beheading American hostages and capturing cities in Iraq.... Key U.S. government neocons, such as Assistant Secretary of State for European Affairs Victoria Nuland and Sen. John McCain, then began pushing for the violent right-wing coup that – in February 2014 – ousted Ukraine’s elected President Viktor Yanukovych and touched off the new Cold War with Russia. Amid these heightened tensions, the mainstream media in the United States and Europe joined in the full-scale Russia/Putin-bashing... to enforce the new groupthink – holding Russia at fault for pretty much everything – a new McCarthyism emerged, deeming anyone who dared disagree a “Moscow stooge” or a “Russian propagandist.” The ugliness penetrated into the U.S. presidential campaign because Democrat Hillary Clinton took a belligerent line toward Russia while Trump broke with the Republican establishment and called for improved ties between Washington and Moscow... This hysteria over Russia gained added strength because Democrats were so angry over Trump’s election that liberal and progressive operatives saw a chance to build a movement and raise lots of money by pushing the Trump-Putin accusations. This opportunism has turned much of the liberal/progressive community into a pro-New Cold War constituency willing to engage in a new breed of McCarthyism by demanding intensive investigations into alleged connections between Americans and Russians.... ...since Trump’s inauguration, the focus has shifted to Flynn, as the personification of the effort to cool off the New Cold War, because he had phone conversations with the Russian ambassador that presumably were intercepted by U.S. intelligence. Because Flynn supposedly misrepresented some details of the calls to Vice President Mike Pence, senior Justice Department holdovers from the Obama administration concocted an argument that Flynn might be vulnerable to Russian blackmail. The argument is dubious because the Russians would know that the U.S. government knew exactly what the conversations entailed, so how would the blackmail work? But this “blackmail” argument is another throwback to the earlier McCarthy days when gays were barred from sensitive government jobs because of their alleged susceptibility to blackmail. But the gambit to get Flynn worked. Amid frenzied coverage on CNN, MSNBC, The Washington Post, The New York Times and the rest of the mainstream media, Flynn and the Russia détente that he stood for were not expected to be long for this world of Official Washington." https://consortiumnews.com/2017/02/14/trump-caves-on-flynns-resignation/
- "Danes Fighting for ISIS Were Paid Welfare Benefits, Government Says," New York Times, Feb. 21, 2017.
- Graham had knowledge of the Obama administraion's using "de-radicalized" terrorists, releasing them, using them to reconstitute the Libyan Islamic Fighting Group, violating both US law and international by wagng an aggressive war to overthrow an ally, arming and training Al Qaeda elements which later beheaded Christians in Dernaa and formed the Islamic State. See entry for 22 February 2012 and associated image.
- The list includes: UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon and German Chancellor Angela Merkel; the Chief of Staff of UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR); Director of the Rules Division of the World Trade Organisation (WTO), Johann Human; Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi; European Union and Japanese trade ministers at the WTO Doha rounds (the talks subsequently collapsed); five top EU economic officials including their French, Austrian and Belgium phones; Italy’s ambassador to NATO and other top Italian officials for long term interception; French president Nicolas Sarkozy.
- In his ruling the stated: "In 2011--at the same time that Ms. Attkisson was conducting investigations and issuing certain of her high-profile news reports--the Attkissons 'began to notice anomalies in numerous electronic devices at their home in Virginia.' These anomalies included Ms. Attkisson's work-issued laptop computer and a family desktop computer 'turning on and off at night without input from anyone in the household,' 'the house alarm chirping daily at different times,' and 'television problems, including interference.' All of these electronic devices used 'the Verizon FiOS line installed in [the Attkissons'] home,' but Verizon was unable to stanch the anomalous activity despite multiple attempts. In January 2012, the Attkissons' residential internet service 'began constantly dropping off'." "In February 2012, 'sophisticated surveillance spyware' was installed on Ms. Attkisson's work-issued laptop computer. A later forensic computer analysis revealed that Ms. Attkisson's laptop and the family's desktop computer had been the 'targets of unauthorized surveillance efforts.' That same forensic analysis revealed that Ms. Attkisson's mobile phone was also targeted for surveillance when it was connected to the family's desktop computer. The infiltration of that computer and the extraction of information from it was 'executed via an IP address owned, controlled, and operated by the United States Postal service.' Additionally, based on the sophisticated nature of the software used to carry out the infiltration and software fingerprints indicating the use of the federal government's proprietary software, the infiltration and surveillance appeared to be perpetrated by persons in the federal government." "An independent forensic computer analyst hired by CBS subsequently reported finding evidence on both Ms. Attkisson's work-issued laptop computer and her family's desktop computer of 'a coordinated, highly-skilled series of actions and attacks directed at the operation of the computers.' Computer forensic analysis also indicated that remote actions were taken in December 2012 to remove the evidence of the electronic infiltration and surveillance from Ms. Attkisson's computers and other home electronic equipment." "As Ms. Attkisson's investigations and reporting continued, in October 2012 the Attkissons noticed 'an escalation of electronic problems at their personal residence, including interference in home and mobile phone lines, computer interference, and television interference.' In November of that year, Ms. Attkisson's mobile phones 'experienced regular interruptions and interference, making telephone communications unreliable, and, at times, virtually impossible'." "Additionally, in December 2012, a person with government intelligence experience conducted an inspection of the exterior of the Attkissons' Virginia home. That investigator discovered an extra Verizon FiOS fiber optics line. Soon thereafter, after a Verizon technician was instructed by Ms. Attkisson to leave the extra cable at the home, the cable disappeared, and the Attkissons were unable to determine what happened to it. In March 2013, the Attkissons' desktop computer malfunctioned, and in September of that year, while Ms. Attkisson was working on a story at her home, she observed that her personal laptop computer was remotely accessed and controlled, resulting in data being deleted from it. On April 3, 2013, Ms. Attkisson filed a complaint with the Inspector General of the Department of Justice. The Inspector General's investigation was limited to an analysis of the compromised desktop computer, and the partially-released report that emerged from that investigation reported 'no evidence of intrusion,' although it did note 'a great deal of advanced mode computer activity not attributable to Ms. Attkisson or anybody in her household'." "The Attkissons allege that the 'cyber-attacks' they 'suffered in [their] home' were perpetrated by 'personnel working on behalf of the United States.' Accordingly, they have asserted various claims against the United States and against former Attorney General Eric Holder, former Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe, and unknown agents of the Department of Justice, the United States Postal Service, and the United States, all in their individual capacities. Those claims include claims against the United States under the FTCA and claims against the individual federal officers for violations of constitutional rights under Bivens v. Six Unknown Named Agents of Fed. Bureau of Narcotics, 403 U.S. 388 (1971)..." https://sharylattkisson.com/attkisson-v-eric-holder-department-of-justice-et-al/
- Derespina, Cody (March 23, 2017). Trump basks in Nunes surveillance news: 'So that means I'm right'. Fox News. Retrieved March 23, 2017.
- Former Obama official discloses rush to get intelligence on Trump team. Fox News. March 29, 2017. Retrieved March 29, 2017.
- Poor, Jeff (March 29, 2017). Fmr Obama Official Reveals Pre-Inauguration Effort to Gather Intel on Incoming Trump Team. Breitbart News. Retrieved March 30, 2017.
- McCabe, Neil W. (March 31, 2017). Fox News: Senior Obama Intelligence Official Unmasked Trump Associates. Breitbart News. Retrieved April 1, 2017.
- Housley, Adam (April 3, 2017). Susan Rice requested to unmask names of Trump transition officials, sources say. Fox News. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- Adam Carter writes, "one particular group would have been particularly desperate precisely at that time, for the emergence of a narrative about Russian hackers to discredit proper leaks / justify claims that all leaks are 'probably doctored' and they will have very likely known [Warren] Flood too. That group is the Clinton Campaign. As of June 12th,  they were in a position where Julian Assange had just announced WikiLeaks' upcoming release of Hillary's emails, she was still under FBI investigation, and Trump was attacking Hillary for her use of a private server with his supporters frequently chanting "lock her up!" at rallies. The campaign was in a desperate position and really needed something similar to a Russian hacker narrative and one where they would be fortunate to have a seemingly clumsy hacker that leaves lots of 'fingerprints' tainting files and bringing the reputation of leaks into question... Sure enough, 2-3 days later, Guccifer2.0 - the world's weirdest hacker - was spawned and started telling lies in an effort to attribute himself to the malware discoveries, etc." http://g-2.space/#7