|U.S. Senator from Vermont|
From: January 3, 2007 – Present
|Successor||Incumbent (no successor)|
|U.S. Representative from Vermont's at-large District|
From: January 3, 1991 – January 3, 2007
|Party||Democratic (former Independent)|
|Spouse(s)||Jane O'Meara (2nd wife)|
Bernard "Bernie" Sanders, born September 8, 1941 (age 74), is a United States Senator, representing Vermont. Sanders identifies as a democratic socialist. He called himself an Independent but always caucuses with Democrats, in 2015 it became a registered Democrat to try the party's nomination for the presidency in the 2016 elections. Previously, he served in the House of Representatives for eight terms, after serving several terms as mayor of Burlington. Sanders has a 100% pro-abortion voting record. Sanders has a child born out of wedlock.
Sanders has a devout following, made up of many of the same people (mostly millennials) that voted for Barack Hussein Obama. He tickles his supporters' ears with all the usual Marxist claptrap; America is bad, banks are bad, equality, the middle class, minimum wage, free healthcare, free college, a government so big it will be like living in a utopia.
Sanders calls himself an outsider and anti-establishment. He has spent the last 40 years in politics. He is in fact an insider and the establishment.
Sanders does take pleasure in creating the same straw men as Obama. Specifically, the GOP war on women. Calls to defund Planned Parenthood is an opportunity for Sanders to denounce the treatment of women. He would kill a child in the womb for any reason and at any term but the GOP is extremist. Sanders will say the GOP wants to deny women's health services. The facts are that 13,000 women's health centers are available that are not owned by Planned Parenthood. He supports babies chopped up and sold for parts. No concern for underage victims of rape not being reported. He is indifferent to the fraudulent billing of the US government.
Class warfare is favorite theme for Sanders, pitting rich against the poor. His Marxist linchpin is the argument that the banks are too big. He also claims that billionaires are hurting the country, citing the Koch brothers over and over. He believes that America needs to spend another $18 Trillion dollars despite being $18 Trillion in debt. He has also made claims supporting single-payer healthcare, free college tuition, etc.
In one rant, Sanders claimed that Americans needlessly have too many choices when it comes to deodorant brands, noting that he counted 23 different types of the product for sale. Somehow he tied the story into feeding the poor. Reason.com produced a satirical video mocking its absurdity titled "The Bernie Sanders Save the Children Fund". 
He has said that America is racist, and he puts down America constantly.
Sanders is the author of "Rape Essays," a 1972 text on sexual behavior filled with lurid sexual fantasies. Because he is a leftist, he was able to explain the text away without the media hounding him over it.
Sanders uses Christian socialism to further his campaign, citing Pope Francis. However, Sanders cherry picks what elements of Christianity he agrees with and ignores the rest. He told a crowd of 300 in Alabama that Jesus was a socialist. 
In 32 years of politics, Sanders authored 353 bills. Only three that made it into law and two of those were renaming post offices. Conservative Review has compiled a Liberty Score on Sanders. He gets a 'F' at just 16%.
Sanders headed the Veterans Affairs Committee. Under his purview; waiting list deaths, destruction and manipulation of medical records, whistleblowers punished, opiate abuse, fraud unpunished, mismanagement rewarded with pay raises, wait times to see a doctor has never been longer. Sanders has done next to nothing to fix these issues. Even today while he campaigns, he is still a member of the committee and has no plans to turn the duties over to somebody that will give it the time it deserves to fix.
During Bernie Sanders 2006 Senatorial campaign, Republican opponent Rich Tarrant made an issue over Sanders 2003 vote against the Amber Alert. Which is a notification to the general public, by various media outlets in Canada and in the United States, when police confirmed that a child has been abducted. The bill passed in the House of Representatives 410-14. Every United States Senator voted for it, including Vermont Senators Patrick Leahy and Jim Jeffords. He was also one of only nineteen Congressman to vote against the Victims of Rape Health Protection Act passage, which would allow sexual assault victims to find out the HIV status of their suspected assailant
After countless stories of election fraud by the group ACORN, Bernie Sanders joined six Democrat Senators that voted to continue funding ACORN. The vote failed and ACORN was stripped of funding in the Senate  Bill Wilson of Americans for Limited Government said, "The ACORN Housing Corporation has long been pushing the very loose-lending policies that helped destroy the housing industry. And now it has been exposed for working with prostitutes, as well. Yet, these seven Senators [Sanders] have knowingly voted to keep sending taxpayer money to a highly corrupt organization of pushers and pimps," 
Eugene Debs documentary
Accusations of draft dodging
Sanders was of age to be drafted into the Vietnam War. However, he filed for conscientious objector status on religious grounds.  Sanders does not belong to any organized religion,  dismissing criticism because he has strong religious feelings.
- Senate site
- Bernie Sanders 2016 campaign website
- Bernie Sanders' 1979 Eugene Debs Documentary
- Trade Unionist, Socialist, Revolutionary - Eugene V. Debs, 1855 - 1926, Transcript of Sanders' documentary
- Socialist Senator Sanders Hawks His Book Like an Evil Capitalist
- Trump Ad On Bernie Sanders: “We Need A Strong Leader” And It Ain’t This Guy
- Mike Rowe calls Bernie Sanders 'knucklehead' over tweet
- Multiple references:
- Kruse, Michael (July 9, 2015). "Bernie Sanders has a secret". Politico website.
- Gould, Martin (July 15, 2015). "Bernie Sanders' very 1960s love life revealed - his first wife, the woman who had his son, and the sugar shack home where he lived as a 'revolutionary'", Daily Mail website.
- "Vermont Sen. Sanders announces White House bid, says he's 'running to win'" (April 30, 2015). FoxNews.com website/Politics.
- "The Bernie Sanders Save The Children Fund" (May 27, 2015). YouTube video, 1:15, posted by ReasonTV.
- Flynn, Mike (July 14, 2015). "'Jesus was a socialist': Bernie Sanders rocks Alabama". Breitbart website/Big goverment.
- "H.R. 3088 (106th): Victims of Rape Health Protection Act" (October 2, 2000). Govtrack.us website/Congress/Votes/House Vote #505 in 2000.
- Isenstadt, Alex (September 14, 2009). "Senate denies ACORN funding". Politico website.
- Americans for Limited Government (September 15, 2009). "ALG condemns 7 Senators for voting to continue funding ACORN, calls for complete cutoff of federal funds". Americans for Limited Government website. Reprinted at Politico Mafioso website on September 16, 2009.
- Shamsian, Jacob (September 18, 2015). "A documentary that Bernie Sanders made about a socialist politician 36 years ago says a lot about his politics today". Business Insider website/Politics.
- Kurtz, Stanley (October 20, 2015). "Bernie Sanders’s documentary on Eugene Debs". National Review website. See National Review.
- Vespa, Matt (December 28, 2015). "Apparently, Bernie Sanders would be 'A lousy commander in chief' and he's sort of 'an a**hole to his staff'". Townhall.com website.
- Why Bernie Sanders doesn’t participate in organized religion, WaPo, January 15, 2016