| Previous Breaking News:|
Gates began programming computers at age 13; in 1973, Gates entered Harvard University. There he developed a version of the programming language BASIC for the first microcomputer - the MITS Altair. In his junior year, Gates left Harvard to devote his energies to Microsoft, a company he founded in 1975 with his childhood friend Paul Allen.
His wealth is largely the result of the contract negotiated by his father's law firm with IBM for the operating system of the first personal computer. The contract gave Bill Gates' small company unusually advantageous rights. As the computer industry soared, Microsoft's unique position gave it monopoly power and profits. Two decades later, the Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit held that Microsoft had engaged in unlawful monopolistic behavior.
In 1995, Gates wrote "The Road Ahead" (with Nathan Myhrvold and Peter Rinearson), which embarrassingly omitted any mention of the internet in its first edition. In 1999, Gates wrote "Business @ the Speed of Thought".
Bill Gates has donated billions to a private foundation that his family controls. Perhaps hoping to push his donations leftward, Time Magazine promoted him and his wife Melinda Gates and rock star Bono as the "Person of the Year" for 2005.. Indeed, it is difficult to identify a single donation by Gates to a conservative cause, despite his funneling of billions to liberal organizations.
Bill Gates and Melinda French Gates have three children, Jennifer Katharine, Rory John and Phoebe Adele. Gates likes to read and plays golf and bridge.
While Bill Gates formerly described himself as an agnostic, he recently became a theist and his wife Melinda Gates is a churchgoing Catholic considered to be responsible for reducing donations of the Gates wealth directly to fund abortion. Nevertheless, the Gates Foundation, a charitable foundation established by Bill and Melinda Gates which is especially known for work on HIV/AIDS in Africa, provides substantial grants to organizations that promote abortion, such as the Planned Parenthood of Western Washington (recipient of a $200,000 grant from the Gates Foundation in January 3, 2007 for a youth development program). Moreover, a smaller percentage of grants by the Gates Foundation supports faith-based programs than even the federal government does.
The UK Independent reported on July 5, 2007 that Bill Gates "has acquired a major stake in a homosexual activist publishing company. ... The online material put out by the company features hard core homosexual pornography."
Gates' last official day of work at Microsoft was June 27th, 2008. He remains chairman of the Microsoft board of directors and its largest shareholder.
- Debate:Does "free trade" increase wealth rather than simply redistribute it?
- Economics Lecture Ten Antitrust Laws.
- Carlos Slim
- Articles about Bill Gates from previous "Breaking News"
- American Inventions
- Category:American Inventions
- Apple Computer MacOS for Apple Macintosh
- Apple iOS for iPhone-iPod-iPad
- Steve Wozniak, Linus Torvalds, Bill Gates, Larry Ellison
- Tails Anonymous Secure Operating System
- IBM, HP, Dell and Microsoft Windows
- Mobile devices: Smartphones and tablets
- Microsoft Windows Phone with Windows 8
- Censorship: Tools of censorship, Censorability, Fairness Doctrine, Liberal censorship, Media censorship
- The Perpetual War: War on Drugs, War on Terror and the Police state
- Domestic Mass Surveillance of Law-Abiding Citizens: via Utah Data Center, PRISM, NSA-DHS-BATF-FBI-CIA and other Intelligence agencies' Computer surveillance, Eavesdropping, Data mining, Spyware, Wiretap - Roving wiretap, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, NSA warrantless surveillance controversy, National security letter, Patriot Act, NDAA, Executive Orders, United States Census, Common Core, "Stasi"-like secret police "If You See Something, Say Something" informants, and other exponential expansion of the Police State
- Asset Forfeiture: Confiscation for Police budget deficit via RICO
- Mililtarization of Police: SWAT and Pre-dawn No-knock raids, Sneak and peek warrant
- War on Drugs: Addiction and Drug trafficking of the Drug cartels, Mafia, Gangs, Drug dealers, Hollywood values - Fashion industry values - Public school values - Professor values
- Computer Crime and Cyberwarfare:
- Dangers of Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, YouTube, Yahoo
- Big Government: ObamaCare-Common Core-Social Security Welfare state leads to Nanny state, leads to Police state: Globalist-Statist-Socialist-National Socialist-Communist
- Liberal Totalitarianism
- Security Software and Security-Focused Operating Systems to protect unalienable Fifth Amendment - Fourth Amendment Right to Privacy (Internet privacy, Information privacy, Expectation of privacy) and Second Amendment - First Amendment (Freedom of information and Political freedom) rights against unconstitutional Gun control - Internet censorship Big government Police state, hackers, and "all enemies, foreign and domestic" of American liberty.
- Anonymity with Tails Operating System: Linux-based with Tor (anonymity network), Firefox Iceweasel browser, HTTPS Everywhere encryption
- Prism-Break.org: Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, ECHELON, XKeyscore and Tempora.
- Open Source Free software not over-priced tracking by Microsoft-Apple-Google-Android
- Privacy Search Engines: Duck Duck Go and Ixquick: Privacy-oriented Search engines instead of tracking by Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Internet Anonymity - Right to be forgotten Pseudonymity (Pseudonym) using Anonymous web browsing with Tails and VPN (Virtual Private Network), HMA, OpenVPN and IPsec , Proxy servers, Anonymizer (Anonymous proxies)
- Mozilla Firefox with Browser extensions instead of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari (web browser) and Opera (web browser)
- Ad Filtering (Privacy mode and Adblock Plus or Ghostery) to stop Ad tracking - Website visitor tracking via Geolocation, Geotargeting, Personally identifiable information and Device fingerprints
- Internet Safety, Computer Security via Password strength and Password managers via KeePass or LastPass and Antivirus-Firewall
- Secure Communication:
- E-mail Privacy and Email Encryption: Claws Mail or Enigmail or Kontact using Hushmail or MyKolab, Anonymous remailer, instead of tracking by Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird using Yahoo! Mail, Gmail iCloud
- Secure Messaging and Off-the-Record Messaging via I2P Instant messaging, Cryptocat, Bitmessage instead of Skype, Yahoo! Messenger, Internet Relay Chat, Google Plus, Facebook
- Silent Phone with Silent Circle instead of Android or iPhone Smartphone
- OPSEC: "Loose lips sink ships"
- Encryption: Encryption software, Disk encryption software, LUKS or TrueCrypt instead of Microsoft BitLocker, PGP and GNU Privacy Guard, Data encryption, Public-key encryption, Cryptography-Cryptanalysis-Cryptology-Steganography
- Peer-to-Peer: Sneakernet, Friend-to-friend, Darknet (file sharing), Anonymous P2P instead of BitTorrent
- Deep Web - Dark Internet: Tor, AmRD, Tor2web, The Hidden Wiki, Anonymous blog
- Cryptocurrency-Digital Currency-Alternative Currency-Virtual Currency: Bitcoin and Hard money-Precious metals-Tangibles versus PayPal, Credit cards and inflation-prone U.S. Dolars: Federal Reserve System's Keynesian economics Ponzi scheme of Quantitative easing-Debt monetization devaluation of Fiat currency through Money supply-Treasury bills bought mostly by China and Japan
- Privacy Resources:
- Hologram of Liberty - The Constitution's Shocking Alliance With Big Government by Boston T. Party - Kenneth W. Royce
- One Nation, Under Surveillance - Privacy From the Watchful Eye by Boston T. Party
- How to Be Invisible - Protect Your Home, Your Children, Your Assets, and Your Life, by J. J. Luna
- Electronic Frontier Foundation and Electronic Privacy Information Center, Oath Keepers, Judicial Watch
- Freedom of Information Act, Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 and Privacy Act of 1974
- Edward J. Snowden Revelations of unconstitutional domestic spying on law-abiding American citizens; GlobaLeaks
- Crypto-libertarianism Limited government implies:
- Conservative values, American values - Small town values, American Patriots and Bill of Rights liberty
- Bill Gates' profile at Microsoft site
- Bill Gates Biography Woopidoo, Biographies of business leaders.
- Bill and Melinda Foundation,
- ↑ http://www.forbes.com/business/2007/04/11/billionaires-helu-telecom-biz-cz_hc_0411helu.html
- ↑ http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/exec/billg/bio.mspx
- ↑ http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1142278,00.html
- ↑ Bill Gates bio
- ↑ Bill Gates says it makes sense to believe in God - CNS News
- ↑ http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/jul/07070509.html
- ↑ http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080622023728.dfhtivcb&show_article=1
- ↑ "Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical! We all have an unalienable right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary products and services."