A blacksmith is a person who shapes metal into a variety of objects. The blacksmith heats and forges metal to the required form using hammers and an anvil. A variety of other tools are used to punch holes, round edges or cut shapes. The metal is then dipped into water — referred to as "quenching" — to provide the required degree of hardness and remove stress.
- Artist-Blacksmith’s Association of North America (ABANA)
- TEOTWAWKI Blacksmithing for Beginners, by Jodier on The Survival Blog
- Traditional Skills: What Value are You to Other Preppers?, by Blacksmith Tom on the The Survival Blog
- Colonial Williamsburg; "Blacksmith"
- Shady Grove Blacksmith Shop