A blessing is the act of being blessed by someone. An example is the priestly blessing of (Numbers 6:24-26), which goes like this:
- The LORD bless thee, and keep thee.
- The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee.
- The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Another blessing is the popular Irish saying,
- May the road rise up to meet you.
- May the wind be always at your back.
- May the sun shine warm upon your face.
- May the rains fall soft upon your fields.
- May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
The Bible says:
- Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them; They will not be ashamed when they speak with their enemies in the gate. Ps 127:3-5 (NAS)
- The Value of Children: The Blessings of a Full Quiver - David Crank