The term Blog is a portmanteau of the words 'web log'. Originally the term was used to describe online journals or diaries of people's daily lives, but the use of the term has expanded as so-called 'bloggers' have become independent sources of news (e.g. Informed Comment and Truthdig) and narrowly-focused online commentary and review (e.g. Gizmodo, Autoblog or Boing Boing).
Additionally, blogs have become a source of "new journalism" - many prominent newspapers, even the New York Times, have created blogs, especially to cover continually evolving issues like political campaigns.
Conservative and libertarian blogs have been useful in exposing the mainstream media's lies, blackouts, liberal bias and the Clinton and Obama administrations. For example, a popular Pat Buchanan fan blog propagated a leaked video of a CNN Gulf War report, which claimed to be live coverage from Saudi Arabia but was actually a staged performance with props.. The blog WorldNetDaily is known for its work on Barack Obama's birth certificate and pro-Islamic tendencies. Ron Paul's 2008 and 2012 primary campaigns have benefited from fan blogs such as Daily Paul.
Politics and the Blogosphere
Law professor Ann Althouse said: "I have found that people on the Right are much more likely to link to me, write about me favorably when they agree with something, and just ignore what I am saying when they don't agree. It's the other way around on the Left. ...My experience in life generally is that people on the Left think you are evil if you don't agree with them, that you're actually a bad person..." 
Prescient Quotes on Police State Blog Surveillance
- "The progress of science in furnishing the government with means of espionage is not likely to stop with wiretapping. Ways may some day be developed by which the government, without removing papers from secret drawers, can reproduce them in court, and by which it will be enabled to expose to a jury the most intimate occurrences of the home. Advances in the psychic and related sciences may bring means of exploring unexpressed beliefs, thoughts and emotions. 'That places the liberty of every man in the hands of every petty officer' was said by James Otis of much lesser intrusions than these. 1 To Lord Camden a far slighter intrusion seemed 'subversive of all the comforts of society.' Can it be that the Constitution affords no protection against such invasions of individual security?"
- Tools of censorship
- Fairness Doctrine
- Liberal censorship
- Evolutionist censorship
- Media censorship
- The Perpetual War on Drugs, War on Terror and the Police state
- Wikileaks and Julian Assange - Australian leftist hacker
- Bradley Manning - Homosexual Hacker Traitor of State secrets
- Social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Youtube, Yahoo
- NSA and other Intelligence agency mass surveillance: PRISM, Wiretap - Roving wiretap
- Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court
- Police, RICO and Asset forfeiture
- Mililtarization of police: SWAT and No-knock raids
- Drug trafficking of the Drug cartels, Gangs, Drug dealers, Hollywood values - Fashion industry values - Public school values - Professor values
- Big government ObamaCare-Common Core-Social Security Welfare state leads to Nanny state, leads to Police state: Globalist-Statist-Socialist-National Socialist-Communist
- Liberal totalitarianism
- Tails (operating system) (Linux-based) and Tor (anonymity network)-I2P Firefox browser HTTPS Everywhere encryption for Internet anonymity to protect unalienable Fifth Amendment - Fourth Amendment Right to Privacy (Internet privacy) and Second Amendment - First Amendment rights against unconstitutional Gun control - Internet censorship Big government Police state, hackers, and "all enemies, foreign and domestic" of American liberty.
- Encryption: Cryptography-Cryptanalysis-Cryptology-Data encryption-Public-key encryption-Steganography
- Conservative values and Libertarian American values - Small town values of Limited government and liberty
- Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Prism-break.org - Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora.
- Open source Free software not Microsoft-Apple-Google-Android
- Duck Duck Go search engine instead of Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Hologram of Liberty - The Constitution's Shocking Alliance With Big Government by Boston T. Party - Kenneth W. Royce
- One Nation, Under Surveillance - Privacy From the Watchful Eye by Boston T. Party
- Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986
- Privacy Act of 1974
- Edward J. Snowden revelations of unconstitutional domestic spying on law-abiding American citizens
- Blogging While Female Part 2: Five Women Bloggers Talk About Gender Issues And The Blogosphere, John Hawkins, Right Wing News, March 18, 2008
- "Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical! We all have an unalienable right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary products and services."