Cabinet of Donald Trump
As President Donald Trump appoints the top officials of federal departments and agencies. Unlike prior Presidents, Trump chose to let each cabinet member choose his own team rather than having the White House personnel office select the positions below each cabinet officer.
Reaction from leftists and the media
Additionally, Senate Democrats unduly delayed Trump's cabinet nominees at historic and unprecedented proportions—by February 8, 2017, only George Washington had fewer cabinet nominees confirmed by this length of time into his presidency.
The media noted how conservative President Trump's cabinet was. The mainstream media went hysteric over the credentials of President Trump's cabinet members because they did not come from the leftist political establishment. While the leftist media frequently exaggerates the level of conservativism of various people or groups, their hysteria shows that President Trump's cabinet is conservative.
Newsweek wrote that "Donald Trump is Building the Most Conservative Presidential Cabinet in U.S. history." Other media outlets, such as Politico, the Los Angeles Times, The Hill, and CNN, made similar statements.
President Trump's cabinet is expected to favor deregulation.
Cabinet members who are department and outside agency heads require Senate confirmation. Some position within the Executive Office of the President requires Senate approval as well. A president, however, is free to seek advice from anyone, including elevating a member of his personal staff to cabinet-level rank. According to the White House, President Trump's cabinet also comprises these officials:
|White House Chief of staff||Reince Priebus|
|United States Trade Representative||Robert Lighthizer|
|Director of National Intelligence||Dan Coats|
|Representative of the United States to the United Nations||Nikki Haley|
|Director of the Office of Management and Budget||Mick Mulvaney|
|Director of the Central Intelligence Agency||Mike Pompeo|
|Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency||Scott Pruitt|
|Administrator of the Small Business Administration||Linda McMahon|
- No President has Ever Waited This Long to Get a Cabinet Approved. CNBC (February 24, 2017). Retrieved on February 27, 2017.
- Singman, Brooke (February 8, 2017). Trump facing historic delays in confirmation push. Fox News. Retrieved February 8, 2017.
- Bedard, Paul (February 9, 2017). CPAC-ACU: Trump's Cabinet the most conservative, surpassing Reagan. Washington Examiner. Retrieved June 10, 2017.
- Rodack, Jeffrey (February 9, 2017). ACU: Trump Cabinet Most Conservative in Modern History. Newsmax. Retrieved June 10, 2017.
- Cooper, Matthew (December 9, 2016). Donald Trump is Building the Most Conservative Presidential Cabinet in U.S. History. Newsweek.
- Trump's Conservative Dream Team. Politico (November 30, 2016). Retrieved on February 17, 2017.
- Trump's Cabinet Picks are Among the Most Conservative in History. What that Means for His Campaign Promises. Los Angeles Times (December 15, 2016). Retrieved on February 17, 2017.
- Trump's Unorthodox Cabinet. The Hill (December 15, 2016). Retrieved on December 15, 2016.
- "Donald Trump's Cabinet a Boon for Conservatives", CNN, December 20, 2016. Retrieved on December 27, 2016.
- Donald Trump's Cabinet Selections Signal Deregulation Moves Are Coming. The Wall Street Journal (December 8, 2016). Retrieved on December 10, 2016.
- President Donald J. Trump Announces His Cabinet. whitehouse.gov. February 8, 2017. Retrieved February 17, 2017.
- , CNN.
- , The Cabinet .
- Trump originally nominated Andrew Puzder, but he withdrew.