Chad Oliver Scott (born September 6, 1974) is a National Football League cornerback for the New England Patriots. He entered the NFL in 1997 when he was drafted in the first round of the 1997 NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers. He played with the Steelers as a starting cornerback until he was released by them on February 25, 2005. On April 26, 2005 the New England Patriots signed Scott to a one year contract. He played in three games with the Patriots before he injured his shoulder in a regular season week three loss to the Carolina Panthers and was forced to miss the rest of the 2005 season. After the Patriots resigned Scott following the 2005 season, he made the team and played in fourteen of the Patriots regular season games as a defensive back and made 46 total tackles and two interceptions. In the Patriots 2006 postseason, Scott made eight total tackles. The Patriots resigned Scott to a one year contract once again on March 27, 2007. He was expected to add depth to the Patriots secondary in 2007 - but was injured on the first day of the Patriots 2007 training camp and put on the injury reserve list - which makes it impossible for him to play in 2007.
- ↑ http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1999686
- ↑ http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=11504&pcid=47
- ↑ http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=13318&pcid=47
- ↑ http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=15847&pcid=41
- ↑ http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/NE/2006/post
- ↑ http://www.patriots.com/search/index.cfm?ac=searchdetail&pid=15849&pcid=47
- ↑ http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp07/news/story?id=2955145