Christian Missionary Alliance
The Christian and Missionary Alliance ("C&MA") or ("The Alliance") is a denomination of evangelical Christians. This denomination was founded by Dr. Albert B. Simpson in 1887, in order to "take the whole Bible to the whole world." According to their website, "The C&MA exists to know Jesus Christ, exalt Him as Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and Coming King; and complete His Great Commission."
The Christian and Missionary Alliance operates uniquely in the manner in which missionaries are supported. Funds from individual churches to support missionary work are combined into the "Great Commission Fund" (GCF). Long term workers are fully funded through the GCF, meaning they do not need to seek support from individual churches. A formal process including training ensures career missionaries are properly rained and equipped.
The Alliance professes certain, specific doctrinal positions, including:
- There is one God who is both perfect and exists as a Trinity.
- Jesus Christ is both truely God and truely man.
- Jesus was divinely conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of Mary, then a virgin.
- Jesus never sinned.
- Jesus died on the cross as a substitutionary sacrifice, arose from the dead, and is now at the right hand of God.
- All who believe in Jesus are justified through His shed blood.
- Jesus will come again to establish His kingdom, righteousness and peace.
- "The Holy Spirit is a divine person sent to indwell, guide, teach, empower the believer, and convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment."
- Both the Old and New Testaments are divinely inspired and were originally given without defect. They are the whole revelation of God and His will for salvation. They constitute the only rule of Christian faith and practice.
- People were created God's image and likeness. Man fell through disobedience, causing both physical and spiritual death. Everyone is born with a sinful nature, separated from God.
- There will be a bodily resurrection of all people. Unrepentant, unbelieving individuals will exist forever in conscious torment, but believers will enter into everlasting joy and bliss.
- Through Jesus, salvation is provided for all. Those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
- God wants each believer to be filled with the Holy Spirit and sanctified, separated from sin and from the world and dedicated completely to the will of God. This is both a crisis and a progressive experience.
- The scriptures teach of the redemptive work of Jesus in healing mortal bodies. Praying for the sick and anointing with oil are privileges for the Church, even in this present age.
- "The Church consists of all those who believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church..."
- We have been commissioned by Christ to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all.
- "The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal, visible, and premillennial."