Cisco Systems, Inc.
Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSCO) is a corporation that designs routers, switches, and other communications equipment for computer networking environments. Cisco Systems is the world's largest supplier of high-performance computer inter-networking systems. Cisco offers a complete line of routers and switching products that connect and manage communications among local and wide area computer networks employing a variety of protocols.
Cisco Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells Internet protocol (IP)-based networking and other products related to the communications and information technology industry and provide services associated with these products and their use. Cisco provides a line of products for transporting data, voice, and video within buildings, across campuses, and around the world. Its products are designed to transform how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Its products are installed at enterprise businesses, public institutions, telecommunications companies, commercial businesses, and personal residences.
Cisco Systems has five segments: United States and Canada, European Markets, Emerging Markets, Asia Pacific, and Japan. The Emerging Markets theater consists of Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, and Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- https://prism-break.org/en - "Opt out of global data surveillance programs like PRISM, XKeyscore and Tempora."
- https://www.eff.org - "Leading the fight against the NSA's illegal mass surveillance program"
- Cisco Sys Inc. Technology: Communications Equipment. CSCO: NASDAQ, https://www.etrade.wallst.com, Accessed December 21, 2010.
- Cisco Collaboration Technologies. 5 Ways to Thrive in Today's Economy, Cisco Systems, Accessed December 21, 2010.
- Cisco Systems, Inc. Corporate Overview, newsroom.cisco.com (News@Cisco), Accessed December 21, 2010.
- "Help make mass surveillance of entire populations uneconomical. We all have a right to privacy, which you can exercise today by encrypting your communications and ending your reliance on proprietary services."
- "Organization formed in 1990 to maintain and enhance intellectual freedom, privacy, and other values of civil liberties and democracy in networked communications. Publishes newsletters, Internet Guidebooks and other documents, provides mailing lists and other online forums, and hosts a large electronic document archive. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. 454 Shotwell Street, San Francisco, CA 94110-1914. Tel: (415) 436-9333. Fax: (415) 436-9993. Executive Director: Sheryl Steele."