A civilization needs a form of government (a set of laws), a form of education, skilled workers, an agricultural surplus to feed the skilled workers, law enforcement, economy, and a currency or trading system.
In order to attain these prerequisites a group of humans must have climbed up the ladder of Technological Development necessary to attain them.
Three major attributes of every civilization include:
- Urbanism - There must be cities to have civilization.
- Politics - There must be something to bring the people together.
- Religion - There must be a code of conduct or standard of morality to maintain civilization.
- People with common language, customs, government, and economy, earliest in Mesopotamia 3000 BC.
- More people, more sedentary, more predicable
- More & Better food, clothing, and shelter
- Lifespan increases
- Sophisticated religion and technology
- Tyrannical rule
- Conscription & War