Cleveland Hopkins International Airport

From Conservapedia
Jump to: navigation, search
An aerial view of CHIA

Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) is located nine miles southwest of the central business district of Cleveland, Ohio.

Airport History

The airport began operations in July 1925 as the first municipal airport in the United States. The airport was officially named Cleveland Hopkins Airport after founder William R. Hopkins on his 82nd birthday, July 26, 1951. In 1964, Hopkins received its current name of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport, reflecting international aspirations and operations to Canada since 1946. [1]

See also

External links

References