Conservapedia:How can educators prevent school shootings?
One suggestion mooted as a way to prevent school shootings is to make public schools be boarding-only. The following points outline a plan which would ensure well-run public schools producing only quality students.
- All students in attendance would live in the school as per any normal boarding school, and be under adult supervision 24 hours a day.
- Parents could of course visit at any time (probably visiting hours would have to be established so that irresponsible parents wouldn't show up at 1am or something). #Christian prayer would take place six times a day.
- The Ten Commandments would be on display over the door of the school and in every classroom.
- During summers, the schools would keep the student occupied with fun, light education similar to summer camp, but the students would remain in school under supervision 24/7.
- Pass-outs could be applied for and vetted.
- Continuous psychological and spiritual evaluation of the students would take place during their school years, and all students would be interviewed on a regular basis on their opinions of their peers.
- Students would graduate from school only by passing not only the traditional exams, but also psychological profile evaluations.
- Students who were deemed to have psychological disturbances or sociopathic behavioral tendencies would remain in school for further education until deemed fit to be released into society at large.
Do others agree this would help reduce both the number school shootings and immoral graduates? MarianS 19:23, 9 December 2007 (EST)