Conservapedia talk:Pro-life Project
A lot of these seem to double-up on content. Here are just a few examples:
- Abortion clinics and abortion providers — seems somewhat redundant to have both
- Views on abortion and men's/women's views on abortion — I think it will be hard to make 3 articles here. Perhaps just views on abortion?
- Early terminancy of abortion — perhaps you meant "termination"? I don't think terminancy is a word. (Firefox agrees with me)
- Abortion arguments, abortion debates, and abortion debate — once again, seems like the same thing
- Abortion and moral depravity and abortion and ethics — going to be hard to split these two up into two articles
- Abortion brochure and abortion propaganda — see above.
I'm going to stop here because I think I've made my point. I really like the idea of this project (I already completed one article that I'm pretty sure is 500 words), but it's going to pretty difficult to split all the available information into this many articles. Perhaps we should trim it down for now, and as we complete more articles add more to the list? That's just my two cents. -- Jeff W. LauttamusDiscussion 20:39, 31 March 2010 (EDT)
- A few points: hospitals can be abortion providers if i am not mistaken. Secondly, there are a myriad of views on abortion so a comprehensive article is possible: political/countries/age/religion/sex; there are a many different forms and methods of abortion propaganda and not just brochures, similar remarks can be said about the others. however, i do think that abortion and moral depravity should be an essay upon further reflection. conservative 18:52, 10 April 2010 (EDT)
Since many abortions just happen spontaneously and since in a rare case an abortion might be necessary to save the baby's life, this project would better be entitled anti-baby-murder project, or even better, Project to save lives of babies. (Thunkful 10:06, 18 June 2010 (EDT))
Reorganization definately needed
I have an excellent article, for example, on reasons for abortions. I'm not sure where to put it.
I have a lot of articles, in fact, that would be very useful to people but really don't fit in existing categories. For example, the fact that women aren't told that early rejection of the pregnancy is normal and tends to resolve on its own. Instead, they're told that if they are THINKING about abortion, the "need" abortion.
I'm also not sure of the point of some of the illustrations, such as a cranioclast (an antique obstetric instrument typically used on dead fetuses) in an article on Partial Birth Abortion, which is performed with a speculum, laminaria, blunt curved Metzenbaum scissors, and a suction cannula. CDunigan 19:18, 20 October 2010 (EDT)
I am pro-life, and want to gain valuable information from the site, however, the site is not too...clean in this area. Many of the links are broken, many more are a couple sentences. Can someone remove those that do not the page's mentioning of 500 words minimum, or at the very least split them up into broken/empty links, unfinished links and finished links?
Most of needed articles do already exist. Please remove them from the list.--JoeyJ 12:10, 25 December 2013 (EST)