Conservapedia talk:Quick reference
- Might be nice if we could be told how users can get access to upload, I think. --Sysop-TK /MyTalk 10:22, 30 May 2007 (EDT)
- The change is very new, and I don't know the answer to that myself yet, which is why I didn't include it. Philip J. Rayment 10:51, 30 May 2007 (EDT)
- Well, is there someone we can check with? It has been 24 hours now.....--Sysop-TK /MyTalk 10:57, 30 May 2007 (EDT)
- Andy has now advised that apparently only bureaucrats can provide this. I'll amend the article accordingly, but it also needs links (e.g. to the sysops) which will have to wait, due to lack of time at the moment. Philip J. Rayment 11:26, 30 May 2007 (EDT)
- The Administrators link is faulty. It should be http://www.conservapedia.com/index.php?title=Special%3AListusers&username=&group=sysop&limit=50
- I suspect that the link was okay. That is, it certainly was okay before, and it's probably the software upgrade that has caused it to not work, but I suspect not the newer software itself, but a setting that has been lost in the process. Anyway, I fixed it and also the bureaucrat one. Philip J. Rayment 23:01, 19 June 2008 (EDT)
I noticed there was a small grammatical error on this page under the heading If you get blocked under the list of methods of appeal there is an error. It reads "If you contact more than person about this" while it should read "If you contact more than one person about this". I would fix it myself but alas, I lack the necessary privileges to edit this page. So could someone else do it for me? Thanks! MartinS 23:12, 20 April 2010 (EDT)
Another minor error
In the section "restrictions," there is an "or" missing between "uploading" and "replacing" in the sentence "In addition, all images should be protected from editing, to prevent vandals uploading replacing existing images with offensive images." Actually, the resulting sentence sounds a tad awkward as well, and might be reworded. Thanks. SolomonM 20:27, 2 August 2011 (EDT)
- Thanks! Will take a look. Rob Smith 15:39, 3 August 2011 (EDT)
If you get blocked
At the moment you are advised to contact an Administrator whenever you get blocked, using one of the following methods:
- Use the "Email this user" link in the toolbox. This, however, will only work if both you and the Administrator or editor have enabled this on your/their respective accounts.
- The Administrator or editor may have provided an email address or other contact information (e.g. AIM) on their user page.
The first version sends the blocked editor on a fool's errand, as the whole internal email-system doesn't work, the second one is equally frustrating: our Administrators value the privacy very much....
Could someone up-date the information and find a working way as how to proceed in case of a block?
Thanks, AugustO 15:30, 4 April 2012 (EDT)