Conservative values recognize the adversarial nature of politics, and much in life. As a result of their ability to deal with adversity, conservative values are superb in defending against obesity, addiction, adversity, anxiety, fear, depression, narcissism, risky law-breaking activities like dangerous driving, self-destructive behavior, illiteracy, rejection, wastefulness, and serious mental disorders. Conservatives are happier than liberals, and one study gives a reason: conservatives do not insist upon a mindless equality.
Conservative values are also helpful in recognizing and combating deceit. A conservative understands the many incentives by others to engage in deceit, and the political power that can result from such deceit. A conservative is often not surprised by the deception that fools others.
Conservative values include:
- placing ideas and principles above personal desire, weaknesses, fears and regrets
- a never-ending quest for the truth, despite obstacles based on emotion and personal experience, and spreading such truths for the benefit of all
- recognizing and utilizing the benefits of competition and hard work
- emphasizing charity, with its unexpected benefits, rather than compulsory tax-and-spend programs
- teaching self-help rather than dependence on government and others
- a devotion to the principle of justice
- supporting self-defense
- recognizing the media for its bias, bullying, deception.
- frugality and efficiency
- rejecting the deification of government officials
- giving those in authority due respect, but not to the point of accepting orders or assertions that are contrary to logic or morality
- downplaying significance of wealth, disparities in wealth, and materialism in general
- emphasizing self-reliance and being able to keep the fruits of one's labor
- not complaining, and instead taking practical action to improve one's situation
- emphasizing self-restraint against hurtful activities
- emphasizing humility and open-mindedness instead of arrogant certainty about one's own views
- recognizing the power of the free market
- understanding that a rising tide lifts all boats, e.g. tax cuts benefit all.
- self-control as opposed to a self-indulgent search for instant gratification of desires.
- recognizing that evil does exist in the world, and making an effort to combat this force by whatever means necessary
- respecting the sanctity of life
- following Christian principles
Conservative values are useful and powerful in combating common human weaknesses:
- Libertarian values and Conservative values/Traditional values are the original American Patriot values
- Small town values of middle class Real America
- Family values: Family-Marriage, Homeschooling teaching Virtue and Self-reliance
- Essay:Conservative Benefits
- William F. Buckley
- Liberal values and Liberalism: Similarities between Communism, Nazism and liberalism
- Public school values entitlement mentality Indoctrination of the Teacup Generation by Public schools in the United States and Common Core
- Teachers' unions: National Education Association and American Federation of Teachers
- Hollywood values: List of celebrities against Second Amendment - always Liberal Elitists
- San Francisco values and the Politically correct: Diane Feinstein, Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer, Leland Yee
- Fashion industry values
- Professor values
- Obamunism: Obamanomics Economic planning of the Obama administration fiscal policy, Obama administration monetary policy, Obamacare, Federal funding via Crony capitalism (Obama donor list, Bailout, Obama administration corporate bailouts, Obamageddon), Deficit spending and the National debt
- John Maynard Keynes liberal Keynesian economics and Fabian Socialist influence on Barack Obama
- Big Government-Welfare State-Nanny State-Police State: Globalist-Statist-Socialist-Communist
- National Socialist German Workers Party (Nazi)
- Nazism and socialism: National Socialism - the Nazis were elitist Police state liberals not conservatives
- Liberal totalitarianism
- Similarities between Communism, Nazism and liberalism
- ↑ See, e.g., conservative Mike Huckabee losing 110 pounds.; relatively few conservatives are overweight.
- ↑ Conservative principles prohibit addictive drugs, pornography and gambling, and favor Rule of Law to prohibit underage drinking and smoking, when those addictions form. An example of a conservative who conquered alcoholism is President George W. Bush. Rush Limbaugh also conquered his addiction to OxyContin. A study shows that typically liberal college students live in an environment that "allows for a lifestyle that essentially extends the adolescent period," resulting in higher "drinking," "property theft," and "unstructured socializing with friends" compared with peers who do not go to college. NY Times: "College Students Behaving Badly"
- ↑ Conservative principles fully support self-defense.
- ↑ "Liberal teenagers always felt more stress than conservatives ....," according to one study summarized in The Economist. 
- ↑ An example of a conservative who overcame a difficult is fear is President Ronald Reagan, who conquered a longtime fear of flying.
- ↑ See, e.g., Hollywood values
- ↑ Conservatives accept and teach respect for Rule of Law, and this deters dangerous driving, particularly by teenagers, that can tragically end in death.
- ↑ Conservatives emphasize learning to read by phonics, rather than the ineffective memorization approach of liberals.
- ↑ "While 58 percent of Republicans reported having excellent mental health, only 38 percent of Democrats described themselves that way."
- ↑ "Research suggests that highly egalitarian women are less happy in their marriages compared with their more traditional counterparts, apparently because they are more troubled by disparities in domestic labor."
- ↑ See, e.g., the Coase Theorem