Creation science is branch of science which sets out to show that supernatural creation of the material universe by God is consistent and compatible with the available scientific evidence. Being in the realm of origins science, creation science is a historical science. Most advocates of creation science believe the earth is about 6,000 years old, and they publish scientific evidence supporting this view (See, for example, Counterexamples to an Old Earth). The ongoing discovery of hundreds of living fossils correlates well with creation science but finds no answer in Darwinian theory. In addition, scientists in the discipline of creation science state that the first law of thermodynamics and second law of thermodynamics argue against an eternal universe. They also claim that these laws point to the universe being created by God. Creation scientists also assert that naturalistic processes alone cannot account for the origin of life and that the theory of evolution cannot account for the various kinds of animals and plants. Both evolutionary scientists and young earth creation scientists believe that speciation occurs; however, young earth creation scientists state that speciation generally occurs at a much faster rate than evolutionists believe is the case. Creation Ministries International, a leading biblical creation science organization, declared:
|“|| Creationist research is having a global effect that is worrying the atheists and secularists of this world. They have had it all their own way for over a century but things are slowly changing. For almost twenty five years now, Journal of Creation has been publishing cutting-edge creationist research that has been fueling the war against evolution, creating little fires all around the world, including Great Britain.
Atheist evangelist, Prof Richard Dawkins, speaking at the 20th anniversary of the Edinburgh International Science Festival in April 2008, said the rise of creationism in British schools raised a serious problem for science teachers.
- 1 Creation Science and Genetic Programs and Biological Information
- 2 Creation Scientist Successfully Predicts Planetary Magnetic Fields
- 3 Effect of the growth of creation science and Christian apologetics
- 4 Biblical creation publications
- 5 Creation Science and the Evolutionary Science Community
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
- 8 Notes and References
Creation Science and Genetic Programs and Biological Information
For a more detailed treatment, see Intelligent design.
Scientists in the area of creation science and intelligent design advocates state the genetic code, genetic programs, and biological information argue for an intelligent cause in regards to the origins question.
Dr. Werner Gitt, former director and Professor of Information Systems at the prestigious German Federal Institute of Physics and Technology (Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt), wrote that human beings are the most complex information processing systems on earth. Dr. Gitt estimated that the human body processes thousands of times more information than all the world's libraries contain.
Dr. Gitt has written several points regarding the origin of biological information:
- In his work In the Beginning Was Information Dr. Gitt stated that “There is no known law of nature, no known process and no known sequence of events which can cause information to originate by itself in matter.”
- Dr. Gitt argued that the density and complexity of DNA information is millions of times larger than mankind's current technology and this means a supremely intelligent being was the author of this information. Similarly, Dr. Stephen C. Meyer in his 1996 essay The Origin of Life and the Death of Materialism, wrote that "the information storage density of DNA, thanks in part to nucleosome spooling, is several trillion times that of our most advanced computer chips.
- Gitt stated that the author of the information encoded into the DNA molecule, who constructed the molecular biomachines to encode, decode and run the cells was supremely intelligent.
- Dr. Gitt asserted that because information is a nonmaterial entity and does not originate from matter, the author of biological information must be nonmaterial (spirit).
Dr. Walt Brown concurs in regards to the supernatural origin of biological information and states that the genetic material that controls the biological processes of life is coded information and that human experience tells us that codes are created only by the result of intelligence and not merely by processes of nature. Dr. Brown also asserts that the "information stored in the genetic material of all life is a complex program. Therefore, it appears that an unfathomable intelligence created these genetic programs."
To support his creation science view regarding the divine origin of genetic programs, Dr. Walt Brown cites the work of David Abel and Professor Jack Trevors who wrote the following:
|“||No matter how many "bits" of possible combinations it has, there is no reason to call it "information" if it doesn't at least have the potential of producing something useful. What kind of information produces function? In computer science, we call it a "program." Another name for computer software is an "algorithm." No man-made program comes close to the technical brilliance of even Mycoplasmal genetic algorithms. Mycoplasmas are the simplest known organism with the smallest known genome, to date. How was its genome and other living organisms' genomes programmed? - David L. Abel and Jack T. Trevors, “Three Subsets of Sequence Complexity and Their Relevance to Biopolymeric Information,” Theoretical Biology & Medical Modelling, Vol. 2, 11 August 2005, page 8||”|
Creation Scientist Successfully Predicts Planetary Magnetic Fields
Using a young earth creation model, physicist Russ Humphreys successfully predicted the strength of planetary magnetic fields while Darwinists failed . Since Humphreys' first success with the Voyager II results on Uranus and Neptune, subsequent explorations yielded additional successes for Mercury 
Effect of the growth of creation science and Christian apologetics
The effect of evolutionism/atheism/agnosticism on the Western World and the world at large was mitigated by the growth of modern creationism and Christian apologetics in the latter half of the 20th century and today global creationism, Christian apologetics and global Christianity is seeing rapid growth.
Biblical creation publications
See also: Biblical creation journals
Some prominent biblical creation publications are given below:
- Journal of Creation - Peer reviewed
- Creation Research Society Quarterly Journal - peer reviewed
Creation Science and the Evolutionary Science Community
Creation science is considered as pseudoscience by the majority of the scientific community. It is also commonly rejected by atheists as they generally hold the worldview of naturalism. Liberals reject Creation Science with the spurious pretext that it cannot be disproved (falsifiability) and therefore cannot be considered "science".
However, Dr. Walt Brown argues that the field of creation science is scientific and the evolutionists' objections to creation science are due to their worldviews and preconceptions, rather than on the basis of scientific evidence or the scientific validity of the idea. Also, Karl Popper, a leading philosopher of science and originator of falsifiability as a criterion of demarcation of science from nonscience, stated that Darwinism is "not a testable scientific theory, but a metaphysical research programme." Michael Ruse, a leading Darwinist and philosopher of science, conditionally acknowledged Popper's statement: "Since making this claim, Popper himself has modified his position somewhat; but, disclaimers aside, I suspect that even now he does not really believe that Darwinism in its modern form is genuinely falsifiable." However prominent evolutionist J. B. S. Haldane, when asked what would falsify the theory of evolution, said "Fossil rabbits in the Precambrian."
- Creation vs. Evolution Videos
- Creation vs. evolution debates
- Essay: Sharing your Christian/creationist videos on the internet
- Christianity and Science
- Theory of Evolution, Liberalism, Atheism, and Irrationality
- Creationist contributions to science
- The International Association For Creation
- The Creation Network
- The Big Map of Creation
- Creation Ministries International
- In the Beginning: Compelling Evidence for Creation and the Flood the website of Dr. Walt Brown
- Creation Research Society
- Creation Research Society Quarterly Journal
- Answers in Genesis
- Institute for Creation Research
- NorthWest Creation Network
Notes and References
- The Creation Research Society
- It's not science by Creation Ministries International
- Naturalism Doesn’t Work
- What is science?
- Thomas, B. 2015. 'Living Fossils' Point to Recent Creation. Acts & Facts. 
- Evidences for God From Space—Laws of Science
- Thompson, Bert, So Long, Eternal Universe; Hello Beginning, Hello End!, 2001 (Apologetics Press)
- Creation Ministries International, Speciation: Questions and Answers
- The Creation of Planetary Magnetic Fields, by D. Russell Humphreys, Ph.D., December 1984, CRSQ Vol. 21, No. 3
- D. Russell Humphreys, Ph.D. 1990. Beyond Neptune: Voyager II Supports Creation. Acts & Facts. 19 (5).
- Thomas, B. 2011. Mercury's Fading Magnetic Field Fits Creation Model. Acts & Facts.
- Thriving Christianity
- Introduction To Integrated Christian Apologetics, Dr. Johnson C. Philip & Dr. Saneesh Cherian
- Evolution rejected by hundreds of millions of Muslims and evangelicals, Vancouver Sun, October 4, 2014