Crony capitalism is a federally funded left-leaning economic system which is more like an oligopoly than free enterprise. In crony capitalism, investments are not based on morality or true free enterprise. Often in crony capitalism the big government (see socialism fascism) picks winners and losers through the use of grants, contracts, loan guarantees, regulations, bailouts and other ways of extending favors to elitist friends or banksters while penalizing competitors.
- "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value --- zero." Voltaire (1694-1778) -- The same could be said for Crypto-currency.
- "Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants and debt is the money of slaves." -- Traditional
- "The one aim of these financiers is world control by the creation of inextinguishable debt." - Henry Ford
- "Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes the laws." - Mayer Amschel Rothschild (Head of the Jewish Rothschild elitist banking-finance family)
- "The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite." - Thomas Jefferson
- Burying crony capitalism: The courts strike a blow for economic freedom - Editorial in the Washington Times