Cult of personality
A cult of personality refers to a situation in which an individual, often a dictator of a country, uses propaganda and media tools excessively to create a strongly positive image of himself, often with unquestioning praise. People who have created a cult of personality include Kim Jong Il, Mao Tse Tung, Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler, Lenin, Josef Stalin, Ayatollah Ruholla Khomeini, Fidel Castro and Richard Dawkins.
Whilst rarer in democratic societies, there are examples of a personality cult being built around certain western political leaders including John F. Kennedy, Margaret Thatcher, Ronald Reagan, and most recently Barack Obama.
A cult of personality is similar to hero worship, except it involves mass media propaganda.
"Cult of Personality" was also a song by New York band Living Colour that won the 1989 Grammy for Best Hard Rock Performance. The song makes references to Stalin and Benito Mussolini. The song is featured in the popular video game Guitar Hero 3.
- C.S. Lewis wrote:
- Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber baron]]s than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. 
- "The one aim of these financiers is world control by the creation of inextinguishable debt." - Henry Ford
- "Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." -- Thomas Jefferson
- Hollywood values
- Cult of personality
- Single-party state
- Mobocracy, Social Effects of the Theory of Evolution, Anti-Semitism, Communist Racism, Genocide, Holocaust
- National Socialist German Workers Party (Nazi)
- National Socialism - the Nazis were elitist Police state liberals not conservatives
- Big government Welfare state leads to Nanny state, leads to Police state: Globalist-Statist-Socialist-Communist
- Liberal totalitarianism