Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program is a United States government program established during the Obama Administration that gave executive amnesty to illegal immigrants who crossed the border as children.
The Obama Administration established DACA in 2012. Not only did it give amnesty to illegals who were minors when they entered the country, but it gave them work permits (jobs which could have gone to American citizens). Additionally, the Obama Administration was able to give green cards to about 40,000 of those DACA illegals. In his 2013 memoir, liberal Democrat U.S. Representative Luis Gutiérrez, an ally of Obama on immigration issues, stated that Obama did not believe that DACA was legally possible until he enacted it.
Many Democrats support amnesty for illegal immigrants, including DACA recipients, in order to provide the Democrat Party with additional voters. This was affirmed in a leaked memo by the Center for American Progress Action Fund that stated that legalizing DACA was "a critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success."
On September 5, 2017, the Trump Administration announced that it would end the DACA program in six months, and it began negotiations with Congress on potentially making the program legal in exchange for border security provisions.
- Duke, Selwyn (January 8, 2018). Truth on DACA: We’ve Already Granted Amnesty to These Illegals. The New American. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Munro, Neil (July 21, 2017). DACA: Seven Facts About Obama’s Amnesty Decree. Breitbart News. Retrieved July 21, 2017.
- Nolte, John (September 5, 2017). 14 Things the MSM Won’t Tell You About DACA. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- Klein, Aaron (September 3, 2017). How the Obama Administration Bypassed Congress to Grant De Facto Amnesty to Young Illegal Aliens. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 3, 2017.
- Munro, Neil (September 1, 2017). 45,000 Illegals Using DACA Backdoor to Get Green Cards. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 1, 2017.
- Binder, John (September 26, 2017). Feds Confirm 40K Illegal Aliens Shielded by DACA Already Given Amnesty. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 26, 2017.
- Pollak, Joel B. (September 5, 2017). Luis Gutiérrez on DACA in 2013: Obama Said It Was Illegal. Breitbart News. Retrieved September 6, 2017.
- Binder, John (January 11, 2018). Leaked Memo: DACA Amnesty Is ‘Critical Component of Democratic Party’s Future Electoral Success’. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 11, 2018.
- Multiple references:
- Mason, Ian (September 5, 2017). Jeff Sessions Announces DACA Demise. Breitbart News. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Noble, Andrea; Dinan, Stephen (September 5, 2017). Trump phaseout of DACA gives Congress six months to devise solution for Dreamers. The Washington Times. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Trump administration ends DACA, with 6-month delay. Fox News. September 5, 2017. Retrieved January 8, 2018.
- Holland, Steve; Torbati, Yeganeh (September 5, 2017). Trump ends 'Dreamer' immigration program, places onus on Congress. Reuters. Retrieved January 8, 2018.