The Dallas Foundation is a major contributor to Soros-backed leftist media attack group Media Matters for America. Based in Washington, DC, Media Matters is run by David Brock, who recently “declared war” on Fox News. The foundation has contributed $250,000 to Media Matters in recent years.
The Dallas Foundation is the oldest community foundation in Texas. It’s most recent IRS filing says it “grants to charitable causes, mostly in Dallas County, intended to improve the quality of life in the areas of arts, education, health, social services, and community projects.” Why they’ve chosen to donate to radical left-wing organizations like Media Matters, who obviously provide none of the aforementioned services, raises questions about the stated mission of the foundation.
The Foundation's president is Mary M. Jalonick. Mary was the foundation's first fill-time employees in 1987. Since then, she has elevated to the foundation's president.
The foundation's leadership:
- Mary M. Jalonick, President
- Henry C. (Peter) Beck III, Chairman (The Beck Group)
- David R. Corrigan, Vice Chairman (Corrigan Investments, Inc.)
- Anne B. Motsenbocker, Secretary (JP Morgan Chase Bank-Dallas Region)
- Don W. Crisp, Board Member (The Rosewood Corporation)
- Valerie Freeman, Board Member (Imprimis Group, Inc.)
- Larry J. Haynes, Board Member (Athens Partners)
- Douglas S. Lang, Board Member (5th District Court of Appeals)
- Carol R. Levy, Board Member (Community Volunteer)
- James M. (Jim) Moroney III, Board Member (The Dallas Morning News)
- Robert R. Penn, Board Member (Penn Brothers, Inc.)
- Jeanne Phillips, Board Member (Hunt Consolidated, Inc.)
- John P. Puckett III, Board Member (The Boston Consulting Group, Inc.)
- Amirali Rupani, Board Member (Texas Prince, Inc.)
- Jere W. Thompson, Jr., Board Member (Ambit Energy)
- W. Kelvin Walker, Board Member (21st Century Group, LLC)
- The Dallas Foundation's donations retrieved from Guidestar, the database of IRS filings filed by non-profit organizations.
- Media Matters' war against Fox
- Dallas Foundation bio
- "New board members named for Dallas Foundation", Dallas Morning News, June 5, 2011