|An anti-Christian screed[note 1]|
|“We can learn to ignore the bulls— in the Bible about gay people… the same way we have learned to ignore the bulls— in the Bible about shellfish, about slavery[note 2], about dinner, about farming, about menstruation, about virginity, about masturbation. We ignore bulls— in the Bible about all sorts of things.”|
Dan Savage is a syndicated sex-advice columnist for the Seattle Stranger and founder of the It Gets Better Project who has engaged in various campaigns to promote homosexuality alias sodomy and to smear conservatives and Christians. His hedonist propaganda disguised as an “anti-bullying activism” has been supported by dozens of influential politicians (Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton), celebrities (Justin Bieber, Tom Hanks) and corporations (Google, Apple). Similarly to nazi propaganda minister Goebbels during the era of the Third Reich, who was famous of his crude and vulgar hate speeches against his political opponents, Savage employs “a vulgar, profanity-laced attack on Christians.” Savage's own life became a symbol of what happens when vice is embraced and virtue is abandoned. Rather than maturing into a happy, healthy, well-adjusted adult, he's devolved into a man so filled with hate that he'll bully teenagers and lick doorknobs to spite his ideological enemies.
In the year 2000, in revenge for comments Bauer made, Savage infiltrated Bauer's campaign with the intent to infect Bauer with the flu (which Savage had at the time) by doing such things as licking doorknobs he thought Gary Bauer may touch. He also illegally voted in the Iowa caucus despite not being an Iowa resident, and was thus arrested on misdemeanor charges and sentenced to 50 hours of community service and a year's probation.
After Santorum's statements on homosexuality in 2003, Dan Savage urged his readers to find another, less flattering definition for "santorum." After such a definition was chosen, Savage created a site called spreadingsantorum.com (not appropriate) and had instigated a Google-bombing campaign placing it as the first result given for every search. Savage later instigated a similar but ultimately unsuccessful campaign against Rick Warren.
It Gets Better
After a spike in news reports on gay youth suicides, Dan Savage started the It Gets Better project. The point of the project is to make videos assuring gay youths that their lives will improve after high school and college, and that bullying experienced for being gay will subside or be overcome by positive experiences.
In January 2012, Vox Day reported that two gay teens who had made videos for the It Gets Better Project died by suicide (see also: Mental Health and Homosexuality). Vox Day also indicated that it doesn't get better and that homosexual propagandists promote an immoral and deviant lifestyle (see: Homosexuality and choice and Ex-homosexuals). The inescapable fact is that for those who follow Savage's advice, it won't “get better.”
The It Gets Better Project for which Savage received a special recognition award during the 15th annual Webby Awards in New York on the June 13, 2011, is currently a national embarrassment. In 2012, homosexual activist Dan Savage was supposed to deliver an anti-bullying message to high school students. However, as many as 100 students walked out on his speech as he shouted vulgarities about the Bible and mocked Christians. It was reported that Savage engaged in verbal bullying as well. In his effort to defend sexual perversions, Savage purported in his Anti-Christian slur that "We can learn to ignore the bullsh*t in the Bible and what it says about gay people," and then claimed "The bible guys in the hall can come back now because I'm done beating up the bible."
Although the Student journalism should not according to the National Scholastic Press Association and Journalism Education Association "shy away from controversial topics and viewpoints", it should still promote and engage in civil discourse, a standard that Savage’s speech fell short of.
Savage was raised as one of four children of a cop and a homemaker in ethnic-Irish Chicago. He spent some time in Catholic school, and his writing bears scant traces of the church’s stark moral clarity, most notable in his impatience with postmodern or queer theorizing or anything that might overturn the centrality of the stable nuclear family. He is not a churchgoer, but liberal media describe him as "a cultural Catholic". In 2005, an open homosexual, Savage was "married" in Vancouver to his long time partner Terry Miller, and they have an adopted son DJ. Around 2012 he launched a sex advice show on MTV targeted toward college students.
Although Savage claims "I apologize if I hurt anyone's feelings...but I have a right to defend myself," he does not give equal right to his opponents, regardless of his own feelings about it, to defend their position on criticising his antisocial tendencies and patterns of behaviors [note 4] that exhibit the traits of disturbed character, including the tactic of playing the victim role and the tactic of vilifying the real victim.
- cf. Anti-Christian sentiment
- Note: Slavery in the British Empire was abolished in result of Christian movement lead by Anti-slavery activist William Wilberforce. Slavery is far from being a Western Christian invention, it was ubiquitous, and it was only the Christian west that abolished it. For theological analysis of Christian attitude to slavery, cf. John Stott: The Message of Ephesians; For example: "In whatever way we Christians seek to defend ourselves and our faith against such criticism, it must never be by condoning slavery. For if the New Testament does not explicitly condemn slavery, it does not condone it either."
- cf. "When Hitler was fighting for power, ... the fight against the Bible triggered its ramp. Especially the Old Testament was taken under the heavy fire. Everywhere you could hear and read: Well, the New Testament can be allowed to circulate for some time, because the teaching there in is about the God of love. Just one thing, the letters of Jew Paul must be eliminated from there, they smack too much of the Spirit of the Old Testament. As for the Old Testament itself - oh, that’s a terrible book, a dirty book, a horrifying book!" in Gnostic traits in Nazism Øivind Andersen points out, based on the Psalm 18:26, that the Bible claims the way how Biblical God treats a person is the very same as that person is treating Him.
- cf.Marriage vs. Homosexual Life-style
- Jonathan Sarfati (20 Feb 2007). Anti-slavery activist William Wilberforce: Christian hero. CMI. Retrieved on 18 Jun 2016.
- John Stott. The Message of Ephesians. InterVarsity Press, xvi. ISBN 978-08308-97872. “The Abolition of Slavery”
- Dan Savage Apologizes for Bullying During Anti-Bullying Speech. Time Inc (1 May 2012). Retrieved on 18 Jun 2016.
- Øivind Andersen (2008 (First edition 1977)). Ved Kilden (in Norwegian). Lunde Forlag, 34. ISBN 978-82-520-4997-8. “Gud stiller seg til menneskene slik de seg til ham. Salme 18,26 Vil et menneske ikke vite av Gud, og vil det ikke bøye seg for den Guds sannhet som det erkjenner, svarer Gud med å overlate det mennesket til seg selv. Og da kan det gjøre hva det vil. I første omgang ser det ut som lykke og medgang, men i virkeligheten er det uttryk for at Gud har gitt opp et menneske, og at det allerede er fortapt.”
- Olivia B. Waxman (13 Jul 2011). Watch: Dan Savage Leaves Stephen Speechless on ‘Colbert Report’. Time Inc.. Retrieved on 18 Jun 2016.
- Joe Carter (29 Apr 2012). Anti-Bullying Speaker Attacks Bible, Christian Teens. The Gospel Coalition, Inc.. Retrieved on 18 Jun 2016. “What is most depressing is not Savage's message—that is standard hedonist propaganda—but rather the respect he is given despite being an amoral cretin. Savage is no longer just a guy who writes for the weekly tabloids. Now he's taken seriously by political leaders, business executives, actors, and pastors. His influence extends from Hollywood to the White House. ... The effort has been supported by dozens of influential politicians (Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton), celebrities (Justin Bieber, Tom Hanks) and corporations (Google, Apple).”
- Janet and Geoff Benge. Dietrich Bonhoeffer: Uprostred Zla (Dietrich Bonhoeffer: In The Mids Of Wickedness) (in Slovak). ViViT, 80. ISBN 978-80-89264-99-5. “Na zjazde v Berlíne toho dňa Joseph Goebbels, nacistický minister propagandy, preklínal židov a všetko, čo urobili, aby zničili Nemecko. Hovoril o "židovskej krutej propagande" a o tom, ako židia kontrolovali všetky zahraničné noviny a vydávali klamstvá, ktoré poškodili obraz o milovanom Führerovi Adolfovi Hitlerovi. "Toto musí prestať," povedal. Nastal čas, aby Nemecko povstalo proti židom a ukázalo im, že musia prestať propagovať takéto klamstvá. ...Dietrichovi bolo zle z Goebbelsovho nenávistného prívalu nadávok.”
- Janet Benge, Geoff Benge (2012). Dietrich Bonhoeffer: In the Midst of Wickedness. YWAM Pub.. ISBN 978-15765-87133.
- Here, Dan Savage details his efforts infecting Gary Bauer
- Mark Oppenheimer (30 Jun 2011). Married, With Infidelities. NYT. “In May, the It Gets Better campaign was featured in an advertisement for Google’s Chrome Web browser.”
- It really doesn't get better. Vox Day (19 Jan 2012). Retrieved on 18 Jun 2016.
- Dan Savage discusses bible at High School Journalism convention (27 Apr 2012). Retrieved on 18 Jun 2016.
- Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens Starnes, Todd, FoxNews Radio, April 27, 2012
- Anti-bullying speaker Dan Savage blasts Christian teens who walked out of lecture after he criticised 'bullsh*t in the Bible'. dailymail.uk (29 Apr 2012). Retrieved on 18 Jun 2016.
- Nicola Menzie (23 Apr 2012). Gay AntiBully Activist Calls Students 'Pansies' for Walking Out After AntiBible Remarks. The Christian Post. Retrieved on 19 Jun 2016. “Savage, who recently launched a sex advice show targeted toward college students on MTV …”