In the book published in Moscow entitled "Landmarks in the Life of Stalin" (1940), describes Stalin's exchange with a fellow pupil. He read Darwin and became an atheist.
"I began to speak of God. Joseph heard me out, and after a moment's silence, said:
"'You know, they are fooling us, there is no God. '"
"I was astonished at these words. I had never heard anything like it before.
"'How can you say such things, Soso?' I exclaimed.
"'I'll lend you a book to read; it will show you that the world and all living things are quite different from what you imagine, and all this talk about God is sheer nonsense,' Joseph said.
"'What book is that?' I enquired.
"'Darwin. You must read it,' Joseph impressed on me." says G. Glurdjidze.
Quotes from Stalin
- "Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem"
- "Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"
- "It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."
- "The only real power comes out of a long rifle."
- "When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use."
- Cult of personality
- Single-party state
- Mobocracy, Social Effects of the Theory of Evolution, Anti-Semitism, Communist Racism, Genocide, Holocaust
- National Socialist German Workers Party (Nazi)
- National Socialism - the Nazis were elitist Police state liberals not conservatives
- Big government Welfare state leads to Nanny state, leads to Police state: Globalist-Statist-Socialist-Communist
- Liberal totalitarianism
- The case against Darwin WorldNetDaily, February 20, 2001