In the book published in Moscow entitled "Landmarks in the Life of Stalin" (1940), describes Stalin's exchange with a fellow pupil. He read Darwin and became an atheist.
"I began to speak of God. Joseph heard me out, and after a moment's silence, said:
"'You know, they are fooling us, there is no God. '"
"I was astonished at these words. I had never heard anything like it before.
"'How can you say such things, Soso?' I exclaimed.
"'I'll lend you a book to read; it will show you that the world and all living things are quite different from what you imagine, and all this talk about God is sheer nonsense,' Joseph said.
"'What book is that?' I enquired.
"'Darwin. You must read it,' Joseph impressed on me." says G. Glurdjidze. 
Quotes from Stalin
- "Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem"
- "Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"
- "It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."
- "The only real power comes out of a long rifle."
- "When we hang the capitalists they will sell us the rope we use."
Related Quotes from Others
Quotes from Lenin
- “The way to crush the middle class is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation.”
- "The best revolutionary is youth devoid of morals."
- "A lie told often enough becomes the truth."
- "There are no morals in politics there is only expedience. A scoundrel may be of use to us just because he is a scoundrel."
- "Give us the child for 8 years and it will be a Bolshevik forever." (see Public school values and Professor values)
- C.S. Lewis wrote:
- Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber baron]]s than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. 
- "The one aim of these financiers is world control by the creation of inextinguishable debt." - Henry Ford
- "Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." -- Thomas Jefferson
- Cult of personality
- Single-party state
- Mobocracy, Social Effects of the Theory of Evolution, Anti-Semitism, Communist Racism, Genocide, Holocaust
- National Socialist German Workers Party (Nazi)
- National Socialism - the Nazis were elitist Police state liberals not conservatives
- Big government Welfare state leads to Nanny state, leads to Police state: Globalist-Statist-Socialist-Communist
- Liberal totalitarianism