David Frum (born 1960 in Canada) is a liberal author, journalist, American Enterprise Institute scholar and former speechwriter for President George W. Bush and was credited with coining the phrase "axis of evil" to describe governments that sponsoring terrorism and seeking weapons of mass destruction such as Iraq, Iran, and North Korea.
Frum is known as a faux-conservative. He claims to adhere to conservative principles, but in practice, he is a liberal who adheres to solid left-wing positions. For example, he supports homosexual "marriage" and believes homosexual "marriage" is not a threat to family stability. He also believes in the discredited, pseudoscientific theory of global warming. In addition, he voted for the far-left Hillary Clinton over conservative Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election and later called for President Trump to resign. Frum also is the Senior Editor of The Atlantic, a left-wing globalist magazine, and he contributes to CNN and The New York Times, both of which are left-wing organizations.
Quotes and sayings
Among his many quotes displaying Frum's liberal views:
- "What is irrational is the failure of conservatives and Republicans to perceive the divergence between Fox’s interests and their own." 
- Rush Limbaugh Is "A Walking Stereotype Of Self-Indulgence" 
- Speaking about Palin, “This is a woman who has got into a position of leadership by sending very powerful sexual signals,” Frum told reporter Judy Woodruff. “And we see that in the way that men like her much more than women do.”
- The Right Man: The Surprise Presidency of George W. Bush (2003)
- How We got Here: The 70s - The Decade that Brought You Modern Life - For Better or Worse (2000)
- Dead Right (1994)
- An End To Evil: What's Next In The War On Terror (2004)
- Token conservative, for more liberals who claim to be "conservative" like Frum
- Revesz, Rachael (November 3, 2017). George W Bush’s speechwriter says he voted for Hillary Clinton. The Independent. Retrieved May 19, 2017.
- David Frum. Twitter. May 15, 2017. Retrieved May 19, 2017.
- Must We Make It so Easy for Obama? NewMajority.com, April 14, 2009
- Why Rush is wrong Newsweek, March 7, 2009