Donald J. Trump (b. Queens, New York, on June 14, 1946), nickname "The Donald," (or simply - "The Don") is a successful businessman, entrepreneur, politician, and television personality. He has engaged in many financial pursuits and estimates that his net worth is $10 billion. He graduated from the New York Military Academy in 1964 and first attended college at Fordham University for two years before transferring to the more competitive University of Pennsylvania and then completing his studies at the prestigious Wharton School of Finance and Commerce. Trump has five children. In February 2011, he announced that he is pro-life, but on August 11, 2015, he indicated that he might support taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood for its non-abortion activities (which builds its brand and funds its overhead). On June 16, 2015, he declared his candidacy for the Republican nomination in the 2016 presidential election.
The front-runner in a record-breaking field of 17 Republican candidates, Trump announced that he did not anticipate "throwing punches" against his rivals in the first GOP debate. But at the debate the Fox News Channel—particularly its feminist non-journalist Megyn Kelly—ambushed Trump with out-of-context quotations designed to smear him as somehow being anti-women. This ignited a national controversy that lasted for days, and Trump called upon Kelly to apologize, which she refused to do.
Unlike most other candidates, Trump sharply criticizes the media and talks about issues that no elected official dares touch. In 2011, Trump persistently doubted whether Barack Obama had been born in the United States, and it caused Obama's approval ratings to drop below 40% until Obama finally caved in to Trump and produced what Obama claimed was his birth certificate. Trump then scoffed at Obama's conduct.
Trump's central campaign theme has been to oppose illegal immigration, and he enlisted Senator Jeff Sessions as an adviser on this issue. As reported by Breitbart, "Sen. Sessions, Chairman of the Senate’s Immigration Subcommittee, is widely regarded as the gold standard on immigration. Sessions has also become the intellectual thought leader in the Republican Party on appealing to the blue collar voters who have been abandoned by their political leaders."  However, in recent months, Trump has focused more on ISIS and terrorism.
In the 2015 Value Voters poll, Trump performed poorly, coming in fifth, indicating the Christian conservatives may not have warmed up to him.  Trump is a big supporter of gambling, which most conservatives oppose.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Major properties
- 4 Media
- 5 The Untruths About Trump
- 6 Political positions
- 7 Books
- 8 Quotes from the 2016 campaign for President
- 9 Quotes from Twitter
- 10 Other quotes
- 11 See also
- 12 References
- 13 External Links
Donald Trump attended the First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica, Queens. He told the Christian Broadcasting Network that he still considers himself a Presbyterian and attends services for all major holidays and Sundays, and that "The Bible is certainly THE book." He receives Bibles from fans in the mail, and he either stores them or gives them away to others.
Donald Trump began his career at Trump Organization. In his college years, he helped revitalize one of his father's failing real estate ventures. Trump began opening hotels and casinos, which provided him with the cash flow to engage in other ventures. He owns the world-famous Trump Tower and is the founder of the publicly traded Trump Hotel Casinos & Resorts. Trump also owns the Trump brand, which sells a variety of items, such as bottled water, steak, and even mortgages. Trump has authored a number of books and weathered changing business fortunes, but despite the challenges that he has encountered, he has continued to be a successful businessman and entrepreneur.
Trump considered running for President in 2012 as a Republican. He, among others, questioned the citizenship of Barack Obama, citing his failure to produce his birth certificate. After Obama produced his birth certificate, Trump and the other birthers continue to doubt its authenticity. Obama's approval ratings were around 40% during the peak of the controversy. Trump later exited the race, and gave the customary endorsement to Mitt Romney as the other Republican contenders did.
- Trump World Tower: 845 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY.
- Trump Tower: 725 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10022 Personal Residence
- Trump Taj Mahal
- Trump Marina
- Bank of America Center (San Francisco)
- The Trump Building at 40 Wall Street
- Trump Plaza
- Trump Park Avenue
- Trump Entertainment Resorts
- TrumpStreet Casino & Entertainment Complex, Philadelphia
- AXA Financial Center, 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
- Mar-A-Lago Palm Beach
- Four golf courses in the U.S.
In 2003 Trump began as the host and executive producer of the reality television show The Apprentice and The Celebrity Apprentice, where contestants compete for a position in Trump's organization. On this show, Trump popularized his catchphrase "You're fired!"
Trump owns the Miss Universe Pageant. Controversy arose when one of the winners, Tara Conner, was caught breaking pageant rules by drinking and other activities. Trump gave her a second chance after personally speaking with her and allowed her to retain her crown as she attended rehabilitation. For several weeks after this, Rosie O'Donnell berated Trump for his decision on The View. A bitter media war ensued with the two exchanging insults.
Trump has appeared on many TV shows and movies for guest appearances. He generally appears as himself.
The Untruths About Trump
Conservative libertarian pundit / historian Stefan Molyneux suggests "Since 1988, Donald Trump has been discussed as a potential United States presidential candidate, but when he officially announced his candidacy on June 16, 2015 the mainstream media refused to believe it. Over the next many months, Donald Trump would be attacked and criticized by the media – but were these criticisms legitimate? What is the Untruth About Donald Trump?"
- 0:43 - Donald Trump’s Strategy
- 3:42 - Mainstream Media On Donald Trump
- 5:25 - Trump Isn’t a Serious Candidate!
- 6:44 - He Won’t File His Election Papers – Ignore Him!
- 8:52 - Illegal Immigration, Border wall, Rape and Crime
- 16:18 - Univision, NASCAR, ESPN and Macy’s “Dump” Trump?
- 18:22 - Is John McCain a War Hero?
- 21:52 - Was Trump a Draft-Dodger?
- 23:40 - Megyn Kelly, Rosie O'Donnell and the War on Women
- 27:18 - Blood coming out of her wherever…
- 28:55 - The Truth About The Bankruptcies
- 32:18 - The Bible Gotcha!
- 33:39 - Muslim Celebrations on September 11th
- 35:52 - Did Trump Mock a Disabled Reporter?
- 37:25 - Muslim Immigration Ban
- 43:17 - Do Americans Support Trump’s Muslim Immigration Ban?
- 44:38 - Muslim Databases?
- 46:33 - Employing Illegal Immigrants?
- 48:20 - Vladimir Putin
- 50:09 - Anti-Semitic Comments
- 51:26 - Comparisons to Adolf Hitler
- 54:57 - Campaign Event Protestors
- 56:28 - Old Joke About Dating His Daughter
- 57:10 - Saturday Night Live
- 58:09 - Trumps Inheritance and Wealth
- 59:06 - Donald Isn’t Rich Enough to Fund His Campaign
- 1:01:21 - Jeb Bush’s Personal Immigration Connection
- 1:01:54 - Gun Control in Paris
- 1:02:46 - Don’t Trust Trump With the Nuclear Codes!
- 1:03:35 - Hillary Clinton’s ISIS Recruitment Video Claim
- 1:04:10 - Close Down The Internet?
- 1:05:00 - Carly Fiorina: Look at That Face!
- 1:05:48 - Hillary Got Schlonged
- 1:06:13 - Go After Terrorists Families
- 1:07:00 - George W. Bush Kept Us Safe
- 1:07:50 - He’s a Rapist
- 1:08:30 - Deportation Force
- 1:09:31 - The “Donald Trump is a Hillary Clinton Plant” Conspiracy
- 1:09:53 - Campaign Finance Hypocrisy
- 1:10:50 - Oprah as Vice President?
- 1:11:08 - Donald Trump is Batman
Affordable Care Act
Controversy with Barack Obama
Trump has also questioned Barack Obama's constitutional eligibility to be president, in light of the ongoing questions surrounding his birth certificate.
Department of Education
Trump says the Iran deal is bad, but as president he would enforce it anyway.
Trump is strongly pro-Second Amendment and against gun control and gun free zones and promises as President to re-arm the soldiers on American military bases and ROTC recruitment centers who were disarmed by the Clinton Administration policy.
For all practical purposes, Trump seems to be on the side of the homosexual agenda. He supports the creation of new law by the U.S. Supreme Court, as in a new right to homosexual marriage, and declares it the "law of the land" even though Congress passed no such law.
Trump has attended multiple same-sex marriage ceremonies, but has also said in the past that he opposes same-sex marriage. Trump's views are not yet known on other aspects of the homosexual agenda, such as whether Trump would ban conversion therapy for minors as Chris Christie did. The Fox News Channel debate in August avoided these issues, but future debates will probably require Trump to declare his position.
See the discussion in the introduction above. This is Trump's main campaign issue.
He has been criticized for his substantial contributions to Democrat lawmakers; the majority of those lawmakers are located in the states he resides in: New York and Florida. The amount he has donated since 2008 is $25,000, which is insignficant considering his wealth.
Trump: The Art of the Deal with Tony Schwartz (1987)
Trump: Surviving at the Top with Charles Leerhsen (1990)
Trump: The Art of the Comeback with Kate Bohner (1997)
The America We Deserve with Dave Shiflett (2000)
Trump: How to Get Rich with Meredith McIver (2004)
Trump: Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know about Success, Real Estate and Life with Meredith McIver (2005)
Why We Want You to Be Rich: Two Men, One Message with Meredith McIver and Robert T. Kiyosaki (2006)
Think Big and Kick Ass in Business and Life with Bill Zanker (2007)
Trump: Never Give Up: How I Turned My Biggest Challenges into Success with Meredith McIver (2008)
Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education in Business and Life with Meredith McIver (2009)
Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich—and Why Most Don't with Robert T. Kiyosaki (2011)
Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again (2011)
Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again (2015)
Quotes from the 2016 campaign for President
- "I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created."
- "I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists. I’m not using donors. I don’t care. I’m really rich."
- "Free trade is terrible. Free trade can be wonderful if you have smart people. But we have stupid people."
- "Nobody would be tougher on ISIS than Donald Trump. Nobody. Within our military, I will find the General Patton, or I will find General MacArthur, I will find the right guy."
- "I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will have Mexico pay for that wall."
Quotes from Twitter
- "An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud."
- "It’s amazing how people can talk about me but I’m not allowed to talk about them."
- "This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bull**** has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps,and our GW scientists are stuck in ice."
- "So many 'politically correct' fools in our country. We have to all get back to work and stop wasting time and energy on nonsense!" (August 8, 2015)
- "Notice that illegal immigrants will be given ObamaCare and free college tuition but nothing has been mentioned about our VETERANS #DemDebate" (October 13, 2015)
- "They laughed at me when I said to bomb the ISIS controlled oil fields. Now they are not laughing and doing what I said." (November 13, 2015)
- "President Obama said 'ISIL continues to shrink' in an interview just hours before the horrible attack in Paris. He is just so bad! CHANGE." (November 14, 2015)
- "Refugees from Syria are now pouring into our great country. Who knows who they are - some could be ISIS. Is our president insane?" (November 17, 2015)
- "Eight Syrians were just caught on the southern border trying to get into the U.S. ISIS maybe? I told you so. WE NEED A BIG & BEAUTIFUL WALL!" (November 19, 2015)
- "Hillary said that guns don't keep you safe. If she really believes that she should demand that her heavily armed bodyguards quickly disarm!" (January 3, 2016)
- "[T]he country is going to hell."
- "We have no leader in this country.”
- "Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people."
- "I can tell you I am [the 2012 Obama campaign's] worst nightmare."
- "Obama has no solutions."
- Donald Trump's religious views
- Essay:The coming Islamic Tet Offensive in Europe
- Islamic State
- Illegal aliens
- Second Amendment: Constitutional carry, Self-defense, Home security, and Defense against Tyranny and Jidah Terrorism
- Gun control - key element to create a Muslim theocracy police state
- LoGiurato, Brett (July 25, 2015). "We finally know a lot more about Donald Trump's 'massive' net worth". Business Insider website.
- "Trump announces White House bid, joins crowded GOP field" (June 16, 2015). Fox News website/Politics.
- Chiacu, Donna and Torbati, Yeganeh (August 2, 2015). "Trump says won't be 'throwing punches' in U.S. Republican debate". Reuters website.
- Hahn, Julia (August 14, 2015). "Game change: Trump consults with Sen Jeff Sessions on immigration strategy". Breitbart website/Big government.
- Flores, Reena (September 26, 2015). "The conservative poll Donald Trump could not win". CBSNews website.
- Haberman, Maggie (April 11, 2011). "Donald Trump talks about religion". Politico website.
- "The untruth about Donald Trump" (January 18, 2016). YouTube video, 1:13:20, posted by Stefan Molyneux. See Stefan Molyneux.
- Rahn, Will (February 10, 2011). "Trump at CPAC points to White House run". The Daily Caller website.
- Breitbart.tv (February 9, 2011). "Pro-life Donald Trump would eliminate Dept of Education, impose 25% tax on China imports if president". Breitbart.com.
- "Trump: Obama spending millions to hide his past" (March 28, 2011). WorldNetDaily website.
- Johnson, Simon (July 31, 2015). "Donald Trump: I'd get on 'very well' with Putin if I were president". The Telegraph [U.K.] website.
- Allin, Olivia (April 30, 2011). "OTRC: Donald Trump calls nation's leaders 'stupid people' and 'blood-sucking politicians'". OnTheRedCarpet [news]. Retrieved from ABC7 [KABC Television, Los Angeles] website.
- Ferris, Sarah (September 16, 2015). "Trump links vaccines to autism 'epidemic'". The Hill website/Policy/Healthcare.
- Trump, Donald J. (August 6, 2012, 1:23 pm). "An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud." Tweet by @realDonaldTrump.
- Trump, Donald J. (November 13, 2012, 12:23pm). "It’s amazing how people can talk about me but I’m not allowed to talk about them." Tweet by @realDonaldTrump.
- Trump, Donald J. (January 1, 2014, 4:39pm). "This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bull**** has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps,and our GW scientists are stuck in ice." Tweet by @realDonaldTrump.
- Cassidy, Chris (March 19, 2015). "'Country is going to hell,' claims Donald Trump". BostonHerald.com website.
- Reisner, Hiram (April 22, 2011). "Trump: I'd just take Libyan oil". NewsMax website.
- Pierce, Tony (April 29, 2011). "Donald Trump in Vegas: 'Our leaders are stupid; they are stupid people'". Los Angeles Times website/Top of the Ticket blog.
- Mooney, Alexander (April 11, 2011). "Trump says he is Obama campaign's worst nightmare". Cable News Network website/politicalticker blog.
- Coz, Steve (August 19, 2012). "Trump fires back at Obama campaign smear". Newsmax website/Newsfront.
- Official website
- The Untruth About Donald Trump by Stefan Molyneux, Published on Jan 18, 2016
- Do Emotions Trump Facts? Thomas Sowell on Donald Trump - Rebutted! by Stefan Molyneux
- Should Donald Run? Polling
- Trump explains his pro-life conversion
- Donald Trump 2016 campaign website