Donald J. Trump (b. Queens, New York, on June 14, 1946), nickname "The Donald," (or simply - "The Don") is a successful businessman, entrepreneur, outspoken politician, and television personality. He the presumptive nominee for the Republican Party in the 2016 presidential election.
Trump has engaged in many financial pursuits and estimates that his net worth is $10 billion. He graduated from the New York Military Academy in 1964 and first attended college at Fordham University for two years before transferring to the more competitive University of Pennsylvania and then completing his studies at the prestigious Wharton School of Finance and Commerce. Trump has five children.
On June 16, 2015, he declared his candidacy for the Republican nomination in the 2016 presidential election. Unlike most other U.S presidential candidates, Trump sharply criticizes the media and talks about issues that no elected official dares touch. For example, Trump stands up against feminists, unlike most politicians. In another example, in 2011 Trump persistently doubted whether Barack Obama had been born in the United States, which caused Obama's approval ratings to drop below 40% until Obama finally caved in to Trump and produced what Obama claimed was his birth certificate. Trump then scoffed at Obama's conduct.
In February 2011, Trump announced that he is pro-life. During the campaign for the Republican nomination, Trump called for women who had abortions to be punished for doing so. He quickly flip-flopped on that statement, saying instead that doctors who provide abortions should be punished, not the women who have them. . He later asserted that there should be no federal ban on abortions. 
Trump's central campaign theme has been to oppose illegal immigration, and he enlisted Senator Jeff Sessions as an adviser on this issue. As reported by Breitbart, "Sen. Sessions, Chairman of the Senate’s Immigration Subcommittee, is widely regarded as the gold standard on immigration. Sessions has also become the intellectual thought leader in the Republican Party on appealing to the blue collar voters who have been abandoned by their political leaders."  However, in recent months, Trump has focused more on ISIS and terrorism.
In the 2015 Value Voters poll, Trump performed poorly, coming in fifth, indicating many Christian conservatives had not yet warmed up to him. Trump is a big supporter of gambling, which most conservatives oppose. But by 2016 Trump was winning more support from evangelicals than any other Republican candidate.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Major properties
- 4 Media
- 5 Political positions
- 6 Books
- 7 Quotes from the 2016 campaign for President
- 8 Quotes from Twitter
- 9 Other quotes
- 10 See also
- 11 References
- 12 External Links
Donald Trump attended the First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica, Queens. He told the Christian Broadcasting Network that he still considers himself a Presbyterian and attends services for all major holidays and Sundays, and that "The Bible is certainly THE book." He receives Bibles from fans in the mail, and he either stores them or gives them away to others.
Donald Trump began his career at Trump Organization. In his college years, he helped revitalize one of his father's failing real estate ventures. Trump began opening hotels and casinos, which provided him with the cash flow to engage in other ventures. He owns the world-famous Trump Tower and is the founder of the publicly traded Trump Hotel Casinos & Resorts. Trump also owns the Trump brand, which sells a variety of items, such as bottled water, steak, and even mortgages. Trump has authored a number of books and weathered changing business fortunes, but despite the challenges that he has encountered, he has continued to be a successful businessman and entrepreneur.
Trump considered running for President in 2012 as a Republican. He, among others, questioned the citizenship of Barack Obama, citing his failure to produce his birth certificate. After Obama produced his birth certificate, Trump and the other birthers continue to doubt its authenticity. Obama's approval ratings were around 40% during the peak of the controversy. Trump later exited the race, and gave the customary endorsement to Mitt Romney as the other Republican contenders did.
- Trump World Tower: 845 United Nations Plaza, New York, NY.
- Trump Tower: 725 Fifth Ave, New York, NY 10022 Personal Residence
- Trump Taj Mahal
- Trump Marina
- Bank of America Center (San Francisco)
- The Trump Building at 40 Wall Street
- Trump Plaza
- Trump Park Avenue
- Trump Entertainment Resorts
- TrumpStreet Casino & Entertainment Complex, Philadelphia
- AXA Financial Center, 1290 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Chicago
- Trump International Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
- Mar-A-Lago Palm Beach
- Four golf courses in the U.S.
In 2003 Trump began as the host and executive producer of the reality television show The Apprentice and The Celebrity Apprentice, where contestants compete for a position in Trump's organization. On this show, Trump popularized his catchphrase "You're fired!"
Trump owns the Miss Universe Pageant. Controversy arose when one of the winners, Tara Conner, was caught breaking pageant rules by drinking and other activities. Trump gave her a second chance after personally speaking with her and allowed her to retain her crown as she attended rehabilitation. For several weeks after this, Rosie O'Donnell berated Trump for his decision on The View. A bitter media war ensued with the two exchanging insults.
Trump has made many guest appearances, usually as himself, on many TV shows and in several movies.
Affordable Care Act
Controversy with Barack Obama
Trump has also questioned Barack Obama's constitutional eligibility to be President, in light of the ongoing questions surrounding his birth certificate. Trump questioned whether the Obama Administration was successful in negotiating with foreign countries.
Department of Education
Trump says the Iran deal is bad, but as president he would enforce it anyway.
Second Amendment rights
Trump is strongly pro-Second Amendment and against leftist gun control and gun free zones. As president, Trump has promised to re-arm military personnel on all American military bases as well as ROTC recruitment centers, which were disarmed by the Clinton Administration policy.
For all practical purposes, Trump seems to be on the side of the homosexual agenda. He supports the creation of new law by the U.S. Supreme Court, as in a new right to homosexual marriage, and declares it the "law of the land" even though Congress passed no such law.
Trump has attended multiple same-sex marriage ceremonies, but has also said in the past that he opposes same-sex marriage. Trump's views are not yet known on other aspects of the homosexual agenda, such as whether Trump would ban conversion therapy for minors as Chris Christie did. The Fox News Channel debate in August avoided these issues, but future debates will probably require Trump to declare his position.
See the discussion in the introduction above. This is Trump's main campaign issue.
A central part of his immigration plan is to build a giant wall on the border with Mexico. Trump estimates it will cost $8 billion, approximately 35 to 40 feet high and stretch 2000 miles. 
Trump has also proposed to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the United States, until "our leaders figure out what the hell is going on," in order to protect Americans from the threats posed by Islamic refugees (and those pretending to be) entering the country.
He has been criticized for his substantial contributions to Democrat lawmakers; the majority of those lawmakers are located in the states he resides in: New York and Florida. The amount he has donated since 2008 is $25,000, which is insignficant considering his wealth.
At the 2011 CPAC conference, he stated that he supports a 25% tariff on Chinese goods. The number floated around in 2016 is a 45% tariff. Trump was speaking in regards to China and the World Trade Organization, 
|“||In a statement from his campaign, Mr. Trump charged that China was “in total violation of WTO regulations” and that the U.S. “has incompetently allowed them to get away with this” and has failed to impose “equal or greater taxes and tariffs” on China. If he is elected president, Mr. Trump said, China “will learn to deal fairly and justly or we will not deal at all” with Beijing.||”|
Trump believes that the government has the right to take private property upon paying just compensation for both infrastructure and to promote economic development.
Trump opposes filling the Supreme Court seat held by Antonin Scalia before the next President takes office. When asked who he might select to the Supreme Court, he said that his sister, a sitting federal court judge, would make a great Supreme Court justice.
Trump: The Art of the Deal with Tony Schwartz (1987)
Trump: Surviving at the Top with Charles Leerhsen (1990)
Trump: The Art of the Comeback with Kate Bohner (1997)
The America We Deserve with Dave Shiflett (2000)
Trump: How to Get Rich with Meredith McIver (2004)
Trump: Think Like a Billionaire: Everything You Need to Know about Success, Real Estate and Life with Meredith McIver (2005)
Why We Want You to Be Rich: Two Men, One Message with Meredith McIver and Robert T. Kiyosaki (2006)
Think Big and Kick Ass in Business and Life with Bill Zanker (2007)
Trump: Never Give Up: How I Turned My Biggest Challenges into Success with Meredith McIver (2008)
Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education in Business and Life with Meredith McIver (2009)
Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich—and Why Most Don't with Robert T. Kiyosaki (2011)
Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again (2011)
Crippled America: How to Make America Great Again (2015)
Quotes from the 2016 campaign for President
Trump's tactics of naming and shaming candidates has been proven very effective. He called Jeb Bush 'low-energy Jeb' and it stuck. Then came Marco Rubio as 'Little Marco.' Next came 'Lyin' Ted' for Ted Cruz. For the Democrats, he calls Hillary Clinton 'Crooked Hillary'. He doesn't give Bernie Sanders the same treatment though he has referred to him as a Communist.
- "I think we have a president who, as a president, is totally incompetent, and he doesn’t know what he’s doing. I think he has no idea what he’s doing. And our country is going to hell."
- "I will be the greatest jobs president that God ever created."
- "I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists. I’m not using donors. I don’t care. I’m really rich."
- "Free trade is terrible. Free trade can be wonderful if you have smart people. But we have stupid people."
- "Nobody would be tougher on ISIS than Donald Trump. Nobody. Within our military, I will find the General Patton, or I will find General MacArthur, I will find the right guy."
- "I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will have Mexico pay for that wall."
- "I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct."
Quotes from Twitter
Somebody said I’m the Ernest Hemingway of 140 characters.
- "An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud."
- "It’s amazing how people can talk about me but I’m not allowed to talk about them."
- "This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bull**** has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps,and our GW scientists are stuck in ice."
- "So many 'politically correct' fools in our country. We have to all get back to work and stop wasting time and energy on nonsense!" (August 8, 2015)
- "Notice that illegal immigrants will be given ObamaCare and free college tuition but nothing has been mentioned about our VETERANS #DemDebate" (October 13, 2015)
- "They laughed at me when I said to bomb the ISIS controlled oil fields. Now they are not laughing and doing what I said." (November 13, 2015)
- "President Obama said 'ISIL continues to shrink' in an interview just hours before the horrible attack in Paris. He is just so bad! CHANGE." (November 14, 2015)
- "Refugees from Syria are now pouring into our great country. Who knows who they are - some could be ISIS. Is our president insane?" (November 17, 2015)
- "Eight Syrians were just caught on the southern border trying to get into the U.S. ISIS maybe? I told you so. WE NEED A BIG & BEAUTIFUL WALL!" (November 19, 2015)
- "Hillary said that guns don't keep you safe. If she really believes that she should demand that her heavily armed bodyguards quickly disarm!" (January 3, 2016)
- "I wonder if President Obama would have attended the funeral of Justice Scalia if it were held in a Mosque? Very sad that he did not go!" (February 20, 2016)
- "The organized group of people, many of them thugs, who shut down our First Amendment rights in Chicago, have totally energized America!" (March 12, 2016)
- "Why is it that the horrendous protesters, who scream, curse punch, shut down roads/doors during my RALLIES, are never blamed by media? SAD!" (March 20, 2016)
- "Do you all remember how beautiful and safe a place Brussels was. Not anymore, it is from a different world! U.S. must be vigilant and smart!" (March 22, 2016)
- "For the 1st time in American history, America’s 16,500 border patrol agents have issue[d] a presidential primary endorsement—me! Thank you." (April 1, 2016)
- "[T]he country is going to hell."
- "We have no leader in this country.”
- "Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people."
- "I can tell you I am [the 2012 Obama campaign's] worst nightmare."
- "Obama has no solutions."
- LoGiurato, Brett (July 25, 2015). "We finally know a lot more about Donald Trump's 'massive' net worth". Business Insider website.
- "Trump announces White House bid, joins crowded GOP field" (June 16, 2015). Fox News website/Politics. The front-runner in a record-breaking field of 17 Republican candidates, Trump announced that he did not anticipate "throwing punches" against his rivals in the first GOP debate. Chiacu, Donna and Torbati, Yeganeh (August 2, 2015). "Trump says won't be 'throwing punches' in U.S. Republican debate". But at the debate the Fox News Channel—particularly its feminist non-journalist Megyn Kelly—ambushed Trump with out-of-context quotations designed to smear him as somehow being anti-women. This ignited a national controversy that lasted for days, and Trump called upon Kelly to apologize, which she refused to do.
- But on August 11, 2015, he indicated that he might support taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood for its non-abortion activities (which builds its brand and funds its overhead).
- Donald Trump press release
- "Trump says federal laws should not be changed to outlaw abortion," CNN.com, 1 April 2016.
- Hahn, Julia (August 14, 2015). "Game change: Trump consults with Sen Jeff Sessions on immigration strategy". Breitbart website/Big government.
- Flores, Reena (September 26, 2015). "The conservative poll Donald Trump could not win". CBSNews website.
- Haberman, Maggie (April 11, 2011). "Donald Trump talks about religion". Politico website.
- Trump Walk of Fame Star vandalized daily
- Rahn, Will (February 10, 2011). "Trump at CPAC points to White House run". The Daily Caller website.
- Breitbart.tv (February 9, 2011). "Pro-life Donald Trump would eliminate Dept of Education, impose 25% tax on China imports if president". Breitbart.com.
- "Trump On Obamacare: ‘I Like The Mandate’"
- "Trump: Obama spending millions to hide his past" (March 28, 2011). WorldNetDaily website.
- Johnson, Simon (July 31, 2015). "Donald Trump: I'd get on 'very well' with Putin if I were president". The Telegraph [U.K.] website.
- Trump Border Wall
- ISIS fighters infiltrating Syrian refugees, UK is warned
- Donald Trump Insists Muslim Ban Is About Safety, Not Religion
- Allin, Olivia (April 30, 2011). "OTRC: Donald Trump calls nation's leaders 'stupid people' and 'blood-sucking politicians'". OnTheRedCarpet [news]. Retrieved from ABC7 [KABC Television, Los Angeles] website.
- Chinese Finance Minister Lou Jiwei Takes Aim at Donald Trump’s Trade Policies, WallStreetJournal, April 17, 2016
- Ferris, Sarah (September 16, 2015). "Trump links vaccines to autism 'epidemic'". The Hill website/Policy/Healthcare.
- Trump Praises His Sister, a Pro-Abortion Extremist Judge (Aug 27, 2015). Retrieved on February 21, 2016.
- Trump, Donald J. (August 6, 2012, 1:23 pm). "An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud." Tweet by @realDonaldTrump.
- Trump, Donald J. (November 13, 2012, 12:23pm). "It’s amazing how people can talk about me but I’m not allowed to talk about them." Tweet by @realDonaldTrump.
- Trump, Donald J. (January 1, 2014, 4:39pm). "This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bull**** has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps,and our GW scientists are stuck in ice." Tweet by @realDonaldTrump.
- Cassidy, Chris (March 19, 2015). "'Country is going to hell,' claims Donald Trump". BostonHerald.com website.
- Reisner, Hiram (April 22, 2011). "Trump: I'd just take Libyan oil". NewsMax website.
- Pierce, Tony (April 29, 2011). "Donald Trump in Vegas: 'Our leaders are stupid; they are stupid people'". Los Angeles Times website/Top of the Ticket blog.
- Mooney, Alexander (April 11, 2011). "Trump says he is Obama campaign's worst nightmare". Cable News Network website/politicalticker blog.
- Coz, Steve (August 19, 2012). "Trump fires back at Obama campaign smear". Newsmax website/Newsfront.
- Official website
- The Untruth About Donald Trump by Stefan Molyneux, Published on Jan 18, 2016
- Do Emotions Trump Facts? Thomas Sowell on Donald Trump - Rebutted! by Stefan Molyneux
- Should Donald Run? Polling
- Trump explains his pro-life conversion
- Donald Trump 2016 campaign website