Early life and career of Barack Hussein Obama
Barack Hussein Obama was born in Mombasa, Kenya to Barack Obama Sr. (b. Alego, Kenya, 1936 - d. Nairobi, Kenya, 1982) and Stanley Ann Dunham (1942–1995) in 1961, however some still question Obama's natural born citizen status. Obama's birth father, a subject of the British Empire born in what was then the British colony of Kenya, was a Marxist, while Obama's maternal family had roots in other progressive left and atheist traditions. Obama later was to make the rather ostensible claim to the Chicago Sun-Times religion editor Cathleen Falsani on April 5, 2004, "I'm rooted in the Christian tradition." In point of fact, Obama was reared in the Islamic faith while living with his mother and stepfather, Lolo Soetoro, in Jakarta, Indonesia in the mid-1960s until the early 1970s. It is believed Stanley Ann Dunham moved to Hawaii with the young Obama about 1970 or 1971 where he attended the elite Punahou School and graduated in 1979. Ann Dunham died at Straub Clinic, Honolulu, Hawaii on Nov. 7, 1995. (She was born in Wichita, Kansas, 29 Nov. 1942). Dunham wrote "Surviving Against the Odds: Village Industry in Indonesia, ca. 1992. (Published: 2009, Duke University Press) 
- 1 Education
- 2 Radicalism
- 3 Early career
- 4 Illinois State Senate (1995-2005)
- 5 U.S. Senate (2004-2008)
- 6 Presidential Election (2008)
- 7 Ideological views and affiliations
- 8 Books
- 9 Quotes
- 10 See also
- 11 Further reading
- 12 Sources
- 13 References
- 14 External links
Political Affairs magazine describes itself as "affiliated with the Communist Party USA," (CPUSA) published a speech by Prof. Gerald Horne upon receipt of the CPUSA archives at the Tamiment Library at New York University on March 28, 2007. Prof. Horne stated,
|“||an African-American poet and journalist by the name of Frank Marshall Davis...befriended another family – a Euro-American family – that had migrated to Honolulu...a young woman from this family eventually had a child with a young student from Kenya ...who retracing the steps of Davis eventually decamped to Chicago. In his bestselling memoir Dreams of my Father, the author speaks warmly of an older black poet...as being a decisive influence in helping him to find his present identity as an African-American... At some point in the future, a teacher will add to her syllabus Barack’s memoir and instruct her students to read it alongside Frank Marshall Davis’ equally affecting memoir...when that day comes...a future student will ...examine critically the Frankenstein monsters that US imperialism created in order to subdue Communist parties..."||”|
evoking the language in Chairman Mao's Little Red Book,
|“||unite and defeat the U.S. aggressors... Monsters of all kinds shall be destroyed.||”|
In the 1995 book, Dreams from my Father, the author wrote Obama learned to respect Davis's struggles, "recognizing them as my own." Obama sought Davis's advise as he left for college. Initially Obama attended Occidental College in Los Angeles, California, before transferring to Columbia University in New York, New York and graduating without honors as a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in political science. Obama refuses to describe his academic performance at Columbia despite commenting about New York during this period and despite disclosures of the academic record for all other major-party presidential candidates since at least 2000.
In 1983 and 84 while a senior undergraduate at Columbia University, Obama attended several annual sessions of the Socialist Scholars Conference held in New York's Cooper Union. It was here Obama first was exposed to Black Liberation Theology and community organizing and made the career choice to leave the field of foreign relations and nuclear disarmament to pursue community organizing.
After working as a community organizer in New York City and Chicago, Illinois, Obama enrolled at Harvard Law School. He became a member of the Harvard Law Review, which uses racial quotas, in 1989. He was then elected by popular vote as its first African American president in 1990, a story that was immediately promoted in the New York Times. He graduated magna cum laude with his J.D. in 1991, but did not serve in a clerkship. Federal clerkships are the typical post-graduate position for top law students. Obama has stated that his favorite professors in school were Marxists.
Obama has described himself as a constitutional law professor at the University of Chicago. He held the position of Lecturer, an adjunct position, from 1992 to 1996. He held the position of Senior Lecturer from 1996 until his election to the senate in 2004. Dan Ronayne, a spokesman for the Republican National Committee, has pointed that Obama was only a senior lecturer and not a full professor. The University states that Senior Lecturers are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure track.
According to the White House website, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs responded to this to this question on April 14, 2009,
Q Why is the President blocking habeas corpus from prisoners at Bagram? I thought he taught constitutional law. And these prisoners have been there --MR. GIBBS: You're incorrect that he taught on constitutional law.
- Main article : Radical roots of Barack Hussein Obama
Following law school, Obama linked up with local communist networks in Chicago and oversaw community organizing as director of Illinois Project Vote! Obama states he saw opportunism in Chicago after the election of Harold Washington as the city’s first black mayor. John Bachtell, CPUSA Illinois district organizer, said at a special meeting on African American Equality, Building the Communist Party and the Young Communist League on September 30, 2007, "The historic election of Washington was the culmination of many years of struggle. It reflected a high degree of unity of the African American community and the alliance with a section of labor, the Latino community and progressive minded whites. This legacy of political independence also endures."
Obama states that he has consistently opposed the Iraq War since 2002. In his famous speech delivered at a rally organized by SDS veterans Carl Davidson and Marilyn Katz in Chicago on October 2, 2002 Even though Saddam had, in Obama's words, "developed chemical and biological weapons" Obama condoned the most hideous torture and dismissed Bush administration objectives of democratization and human rights as fighting a "dumb war." A commentator observed, "one would search long and hard for any words from this apostle of hope and change about the palpable benefits that democracy might bring to the Arabs and Muslims of the Middle East.
Michelle Robinson began employment at the Chicago Law firm of Sidley-Austin in 1988 where disbarred attorney and Weather Underground terrorist Bernardine Dohrn also worked. Sidley-Austin is the legal advisor to ACORN, a group accused of facilitating tax fraud, ballot box stuffing, human trafficking and child prostitution. Barack Obama was hired a year later and appears to have misrepresented where he and future First Lady - Michelle Robinson Obama - first met.
In 1993 he was hired as an associate at the Chicago law firm Miner, Barnhill & Galland, P.C., and lectured at the University of Chicago. At this time he was also cited as being the author of Dreams from My Father, an account his background, youth, early life influences, and education. Dreams was published in 1995.
Engineers defeat of moderate Democrats
In 1992 as head of Illinois Project Vote, Obama was instrumental in subverting the reelection bid of a centrist Democratic Senator. Obama engineered the defeat of incumbent U.S. Senator Alan Dixon after Dixon voted in favor of placing a black man in a high federal office. The leftist website dKosopedia reported "Dixon's vote to confirm US Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas" outraged the Braun forces. With CPUSA and Obama organizing efforts, Braun's forces defeated the moderate incumbent in the Primary, 38% to 35%.
Sandy Newman, founder of Project Vote! told Chicago Magazine, "I was asking around among community activists in Chicago and around the country, and they kept mentioning him (Obama)... He did one hell of a job." The magazine further reported, "To understand the full implications of Obama's effort, you first need to understand how voter registration often has worked in Chicago. The Regular Democratic Party spearheaded most drives," with Obama at the helm of Chicago's Project Vote!, those conditions had been reversed. "He helped train 700 deputy registrars, out of a total of 11,000 citywide." Joseph Gardner, the director of the steering committee for Project Vote! said the numbers of new voter registrations under Obama were "overwhelming."
Illinois State Senate (1995-2005)
Radical and terrorist endorsements and associations
- Main article see Weather Underground
In 1995 a cadre of like minded individuals gathered in the home of Weather Underground (WUO) terrorists Bernardine Dohrn and William "Bill" Ayers. According to Dr. Quentin Young, "I can remember being one of a small group of people who came to Bill Ayers' house to learn that Alice Palmer was stepping down from the senate and running for Congress." Dohrn is a veteran of guerrilla warfare training in Cuba prior to the attacks on the 1968 Democratic National Convention. Carl Davidson, webmaster of Progressives for Obama, was told by Fidel Castro at the same time Castro believed the United States was ready for revolution.
Dr. Young related Illinois State Senator Alice Palmer was choosing then Chicago city councilman Barack Obama as her successor. Palmer once served on the executive board of the U.S. Peace Council, a KGB front organization that actively opposed President Ronald Reagan's defense program.
Ayers, Dohrn and Barack Obama's friendship and associations go back to the 1980s. The Ayers/Dohrn group lent notoriety among leftists to launch Obama's career. Ayers, Dohrn and Jeff Jones of the Apollo Alliance authored Prairie Fire: The Politics of Revolutionary Anti-imperialism, the title of which is taken from The Sayings of Mao Zedong, "a single spark can set a prairie fire." The book declares "we are communist men and women." Obama Green Czar Van Jones is a founder of the Apollo Alliance. In response to the Gulf of Mexico oil spill disaster, Katrina Vanden Huevel of The Nation magazine suggested "we need a Manhattan Project, an Apollo Alliance."
Obama was elected to the Illinois State Senate in 1996 and served there for the next eight years.
President Obama is the first person having ties to a known former terrorist to gain control over America's nuclear weapons. Author and blogger Jack Cashill requisitioned a comparison of the writing style of Bill Ayers' 2001 memoir, Fugitive Days, with Barack Obama's earlier 1995 book, Dreams From My Father, and came to the conclusion that Obama's former boss, Bill Ayers, had ghostwritten Dreams. Ayers confesses to violent acts, planting bombs, says he has no regrets and feels he "should have done more." Later Ayers was to publicly admit that he actually did author the book.
Candidate of the Marxist New Party
- For the full article see New Party
In 1995 Obama accepted the nomination, signed a contract, and ran as a candidate of the openly Marxist New Party. The New Party was an electoral alliance that worked alongside ACORN, formed by members of the Democratic Socialists for America (SPUSA and DSAUSA) and leaders of an offshoot of the Community Party USA (CPUSA). The New Party was funded by literally hundreds of leftist front-groups operating as special interest 527 organizations.
Opposition to the War on Terror
Obama established himself as a chief spokesperson in opposition to the War on Terror during an October 2002 rally at Federal Plaza in Chicago organized by radical SDS veteran and later Progressives for Obama webmaster, Carl Davidson. The speech was delivered before Operation Iraqi Freedom was authorized by the Democratic controlled U.S. Senate. A Transcript of Obama's speech can be found on barackobama.com and a portion reads as follows:
|“||What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks ...to distract us from a rise in poverty ... I'm opposed to a dumb war...A war based not on...principle but on politics. Now let me be clear - I suffer no illusions ...he is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has ... developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world...would be better off without him. But I also know that [he] poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States, or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a US occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that [it] will only... strengthen the recruitment arm of Al Qaeda.||”|
U.S. Senate (2004-2008)
Following a failed campaign for the House of Representatives, Obama ran for the open Senate seat from Illinois in 2004. Obama delivered the keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention. He won a seat in the U.S. Senate after liberals obtained the release of confidential and personally embarrassing divorce records of his opponent, Jack Ryan, forcing him to resign from the race and be replaced by the out-of-state candidate Alan Keyes.
Radical endorsements, support, and get out the vote efforts
The People's Weekly World which describes itself as "the direct descendant of the Daily Worker " that enjoys "a special relationship with the Communist Party USA, founded in 1919," and publishes its news and views, reported on Obama's 2004 Senate primary campaign:
|“||Activists from Illinois were immersed in the campaign to elect Barak Obama to the U.S. Senate. Obama won a landslide victory in the March 16 Democratic primary.||”|
|“||This was a historic victory. It was a victory for political independence and grassroots, coalition, and issue oriented politics over the machine and money.||”|
|“||from his hospital bed, [Jarrett] wrote an article appealing to Black Chicago to turn out to vote for Barack Obama in the Illinois primaries. Obama astounded everyone with an incredible landslide victory as the progressive, Black candidate for the Democratic Party nomination for the U.S. Senate seat from Illinois. From his sickbed, Vernon Jarrett issued a clarion call, and the people responded.||”|
October 2008 crimes against Academy Award winner Jennifer Hudson's family highlighted Obama's record against law and order, as he voted against making it a crime in Illinois "for convicts on probation or on bail to have contact with a street gang". "'We've got 75,000 gang members - that's almost six gang members to one police officer,'" in Obama's hometown of Chicago.
A March 16, 2005 AP article puts Senator Obama on record to ban oil drilling in the Alaska frontier known as ANWR 
His 2007 voting record in the U.S. Senate makes him as its most liberal member. Among fellow Senate Democrats, he was further left than liberals like Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, Dianne Feinstein, Charles Schumer, Russ Feingold, Carl Levin, Joseph Biden and Harry Reid. He has grown steadily more liberal since arriving at the Senate: the same analysis assessed him as 10th most liberal in 2006 and 16th most liberal in 2005.
In late 2006, Obama's second book, The Audacity of Hope, was published. Its title was supplied by the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., a minister who has stated that "racism is how this country was founded and how this country was run .... We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God." The book contains more of Senator Obama's personal story including the roles of both family and politics. Audacity spent 30 weeks on the New York Times Nonfiction Best Sellers list.
Senator Obama is the chairman of an important subcommittee that has oversight of our efforts in Afghanistan. He has not held a single hearing on Afghanistan even though American forces are risking their lives in a theater of war. Since joining Foreign Relations, Obama has missed three meetings on a "new strategy" in Afghanistan, a country he only visited in 2008. Barack Obama clinched his party's nomination for President after 16 straight months of campaigning.
In June 2008, Obama voted with the Democratic party to kill the sunset provision of the Bush tax cuts. By letting these tax cuts expire, single mothers with two kids will pay an additional $1,800 annually. Married couples with incomes of $50,000 will pay an additional $2,180 annually. Elderly couples will pay an additional $2,000 annually and a family of four will pay 191% more per year in taxes. Barack Obama often claims to be for taxing the rich their fair share. By voting to eliminate the Bush tax cuts, Obama is taxing most middle class and blue collar families.
Obama and the Democratic-led Congress has voted for the upgraded GI Bill despite the opposition from the President, the Secretary of Defense, the Pentagon, the generals in combat zones and the GOP Presidential nominee. It was crafted to increase veteran benefits. Yet, the strain on our military is great. The bill would cost $2.8 to $4 billion per month. Some argue that this bill depletes the US's volunteer military personnel by enticing them to leave service rather than be re-deployed.
As senator, Obama has requested nearly $936 million in earmarks which averages to $500,000. per day over four years, for which the Council for Citizens Against Government Waste has given him a rating of 10% in 2007 (18% lifetime). A score of 100% represents voting against all pork, and 0% represents voting for all pork. Democrats averaged 5% in 2007, whereas Republicans averaged 60%.
According to a Fox News report on October 5, Obama has taken more than $126,000. in campaign contribution from Fannie Mae in a little over three years. This ranks him second, only Chris Dodd has received more campaign contribution dollars from Fannie Mae.
Use of filibuster and obstructionism
White House Communication Director Dan Pfeiffer described the frustration of an Administration having its legislative agenda delayed by filibusters and obstructionism:
If we're going to have a government that works for the American people, then we need to focus on the things that actually matter ...Every day we waste delaying votes on well-qualified public servants or obstructing progress on problems that need solving is a day we're not doing our jobs. 
- In 2005, a year after his election to the Senate, Obama placed a hold on Susan Bodine to lead the Environmental Protection Agency office that oversees Superfund and emergency cleanup programs because the agency had missed a deadline on new regulations for lead paint exposure.
- In September 2006, Obama and Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) blocked Robert L. Wilkie's nomination as a Defense Department assistant secretary over a long-delayed Pentagon report on Midwestern wind farms.
- And Obama joined with other Democrats in October 2007 to block the nomination of Hans von Spakovsky to the Federal Election Commission. Von Spakovsky later withdrew; Wilkie and Bodine were eventually confirmed. 
Voted agaist debt ceiling increase
In 2006 Senator Obama vote against an increase in the National debt ceiling. Obama stated that raising the debt was "a sign of leadership failure." When the question was posed to former press secretary Robert Gibbs on January 5, 2011, Gibbs said Obama's vote was acceptable because it was symbolic.
Obama's principal legislation was S. 2433, which was an attempt to force the U.S. to increase its foreign aid by hundreds of billions of dollars under the guise of reducing global poverty, which was subsequently blocked by conservatives.
Obama did support and co-sponsor a bill championed by Tom Coburn and known as the Coburn-Obama Government Transparency Act of 2006, which was signed into law by President George W. Bush on Sept. 9, 2006. This law created a website that will list the federal government's grants and contracts.
Between Jan 13, 2007 and March 13, 2008, Sen. Obama has sponsored 120 mostly liberal resolutions and bills in the Senate. His supporters cite the following less liberal examples, but this list is not representative:
- S.117 : A bill to amend titles 10 and 38, United States Code, to improve benefits and services for members of the Armed Forces, veterans of the Global War on Terrorism, and other veterans, to require reports on the effects of the Global War on Terrorism, and for other purposes.
- S.133 : A bill to promote the national security and stability of the economy of the United States by reducing the dependence of the United States on oil through the use of alternative fuels and new technology, and for other purposes.
- S.453 : A bill to prohibit deceptive practices in Federal elections.
- S.713 : A bill to ensure dignity in care for members of the Armed Forces recovering from injuries.
- A bill to raise the minimum wage; Obama voted against the bill when it was later attached to an Iraq war supplemental bill to pay the troops.
Senate Foreign Relations Committee
Obama worked with Sen. Lugar writing legislation aimed at improving conventional and nuclear non-proliferation efforts. This legislation was signed by President Bush in January 2008.
In June 2007 the Senate passed his resolution condemning violence by the Zimbabwe government. It also passed legislation co-sponsored by Obama that financed a Special Court for Sierra Leone to prosecute former Liberian President Charles Taylor.
Barack Obama continued to collect money for a 2010 Senate re-election campaign as late as June 2008, and filed reports indicating money was still pouring into this fund. This is especially notable because it is an efficient way of sidetracking donations from his Presidential race. The website<obamasenate2010.gov> is now defunct.
Foreign policy experience
In his presidential campaign, Obama stated that "foreign policy is the area where I am probably most confident" and then cited "having lived in Indonesia for four years, having family that is impoverished in small villages in Africa". He lived in Indonesia from age 6 to 10, and he later discovered that his father had some other children in Africa.
While campaigning, he has visited several foreign countries. In Russia and the former Soviet republics, he met with representatives of the International Republican Institute and National Democratic Institute to discuss democracy in the former Soviet republics. He also met with Russian military officials and visited several nuclear and biological weapons destruction sites in Russia, Ukraine, and Azerbaijan with Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Richard Lugar (R-IN). On the same tour, he visited London, UK, and met with Tony Blair, sitting UK Prime Minister.
Obama visited South Africa, Kenya, Ethiopia, Djibouti, and Chad; he discussed his tour of Robben Island prison, met with U.S. troops, and visited refugee camps of the people fleeing Darfur. He also addressed Africa's growing AIDS epidemic.
During a ten-day-long tour of the Middle East, he talked with government leaders in Qatar, Kuwait, Iraq, Jordan, and Israel.
Presidential Election (2008)
- See Main article : Barack Hussein Obama 2008 Presidential campaign
Obama and his running mate Senator Joseph Biden won the presidential election after 23 months of campaigning that spent over $700 million, much of it raised from undisclosed or fraudulent donors, bailout recipients and big oil polluters. Obama spent far more per vote than McCain did: Obama spent $7.39 per vote, while McCain spent only $5.78 per vote.
Obama carried 52% of the popular vote and the states John Kerry won in 2004, in addition to Iowa, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Florida, and Indiana. Of the 127 million votes cast, Obama beat John McCain by 8 million total votes. See county breakdown map 
The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons observed that Obama used techniques of mind control in his campaign, as in this speech: "a light will shine down from somewhere, it will light upon you, you will experience an epiphany, and you will say to yourself, 'I have to vote for Barack.'"
Birth Certificate Controversy
- Main article: Natural born citizen
During the Democratic primaries, the Hillary Clinton Campaign led a smear campaign against the validity of Barack Obama's Hawaii Birth certificate, claiming that it was false and that he was ineligible for Presidency. During the 2008 campaign, the Obama campaign posted a copy of his "short form" birth certificate.
After two and one half years of refusing to address the matter and more than 2 million dollars in legal fees, the White House produced a copy of Barack Obama's long-form birth certificate. In attempting to ameliorate the question from the podium of the White House press briefing room, Obama descended into ad hominem attacks against his rivals. Obama told the journalists gathered that he had more important things to do and immediately flew to Chicago for a taping of the Oprah Winfrey show.
Obama hired Robert Malley as a senior foreign policy adviser. Malley told the Times of London that he had been in regular contact with the terrorist organization Hamas. In April 2008 Hamas made its endorsement of Obama for President. Malley is the son of a key member of the Egyptian Communist Party.
Ideological views and affiliations
- For the full article see Political positions of Barack Obama
Although polls reveal African-Americans claim a Christian identity in larger numbers (78%) than the U.S. population as a whole, only one in three Americans believe Obama's contention that he is a Christian. Obama's socio-political positions have been described as that of a “Marxist leftist". On numerous occasions Obama community organizers have been found flaunting banners of the notorious Marxist guerrilla and murderer, Che Guevara. Former presidential candidate Alan Keyes calls Obama a "radical communist." 
Obama and Islam
More than a year and a half into Obama's presidency, a poll conducted by the Pew Research Center found a growing number of Americans believe the president is a Muslim. The poll found only about one-third of adults (34%) believe Obama is a Christian, down sharply from 48% in 2009. Among Democrats, 46% said they think Obama is a Christian, down from 55% in March 2009. The evidence that Obama is a Muslim may include:
- Obama declared in prepared remarks, "The United States has been enriched by Muslim Americans. Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country - I know, because I am one of them."
- Obama's wife Michelle does not accompany him to Muslim nations because Sharia law would apply to her there; on a presidential trip she was with him until France, but then returned home.
- Obama's background, education, and outlook are Muslim, and fewer than 1% of Muslims convert to Christianity.
- Obama's middle name (Hussein) references Husayn, who was the grandson of Muhammad, which most Christians would not retain.
- Obama mentioned his religion as "my Muslim faith."
- He has said that "Islam can be compatible with the modern world."
- Obama said the Muslim call to prayer is "one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset," and recited "with a first-class Arabic accent" the opening lines: Allah is Supreme! ... I witness that there is no god but Allah ...."
- Obama stated that the autobiography of Malcolm X, a Nation of Islam leader who became a Muslim, inspired him in his youth].
- Obama raised nearly $1 million and campaigned for a Kenyan presidential candidate who had a written agreement with Muslim leaders promising to convert Kenya to an Islamic state that bans Christianity.
- Obama's claims of conversion to Christianity arose after he became politically ambitious, lacking a date of conversion or baptism.
- In the book Obama,"Renegade" his friends say that "he actually really wasn't much of a churchgoer." 
- On the campaign trail, Obama was reading "The Post-American World" by Fareed Zakaria, which is written from a Muslim point-of-view.
- Contrary to Christianity, the Islamic doctrine of taqiyya encourages adherents to deny they are Muslim if it advances the cause of Islam.
- Obama uses the Muslim Pakistani pronunciation for "Pakistan" rather than the common American one.
- Obama was thoroughly exposed to Christianity as an adult in Chicago prior to attending law school, yet no one at law school saw him display any interest in converting. Obama unabashedly explained how he became "churched" in a 2007 speech: "It's around that time [while working as an organizer for the Developing Communities Project (DCP) of the Calumet Community Religious Conference (CCRC) in Chicago] that some pastors I was working with came around and asked if I was a member of a church. 'If you're organizing churches,' they said, 'it might be helpful if you went to a church once in a while.' And I thought, 'I guess that makes sense.'"
*Obama is mentioned as helping to organize the 1995 million man march led by black Muslim leader Louis Farrakhan from the Nation of Islam.
- Obama visited "more than one mosque" in Kenya while on a political trip there but did not visit any churches, although there are a large proportion of churches and even a National Temple in Kenya.
- Obama has chosen the Secret Service code name "Renegade". "Renegade" conventionally describes someone who goes against normal conventions of behavior, but its first usage was to describe someone who has turned from their religion. It is a word derived from the Spanish renegado, meaning "Christian turned Muslim."
- Obama enjoyed a bigger increase in voter support in 2008 (compared to 2004) by Muslims than by any other voting group, including blacks; "Muslim turnout in the U.S. elections reached 95 percent, the highest Muslim turnout in U.S. history."
- "President-elect Barack Obama has yet to attend [Sunday] church services since winning the White House earlier ..., a departure from the example of his two immediate predecessors."
- Obama used his Muslim middle name when sworn in as President.
- Obama botched his public oath of office in which he placed his hand on a Bible, then chose not to use the Bible for his real, private oath.
- At the G20 summit in April 2009, Obama bowed deeply to Saudi King Abdullah, a Muslim who is also the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques.  Obama's spin doctors and left-wing apologists dismissed the obviousness of the bow. One anonymous aide stated, "It wasn't a bow. He grasped his hand with two hands, and he's taller than King Abdullah." However, in video of the incident, Obama's left hand can clearly be seen staying at his side until after he had finished his bow. Additionally, Obama also met with Queen Elizabeth, who is much shorter than King Abdullah, but he did not bow when he shook her hand and neither he nor the queen appeared to have any difficulty. (Many liberals and even a handful of conservatives have proposed that President Bush also bowed before King Abdullah. However, there is a vast, inexorable difference between bending down to receive a medal as Bush did and bowing in deference to a foreign leader as Obama did.)
- Obama required that a religiously affiliated college take the extraordinary action of concealing with wood the monogram "IHS", which represents the name of Jesus, during a speech by Obama there
- On more than one occasion, Obama verbally attacks the economic livelihood of Las Vegas for unknown reasons. The reason may be his contempt of gambling which is forbidden in the Koran.
- Americans of the Muslim faith give Barack Obama the highest job approval rating of any major religion.
Obama tries to downplay his Islamic background by claiming that his Kenyan Muslim father was a "confirmed atheist" before Obama was born, but in fact less than 1% of Kenyans are atheists, agnostics, or non-religious. There is apparently no evidence of any Christian activities or local church participation by Obama while he was in Massachusetts from 1988 to 1991, nor of Barack Obama's joining of a Mosque (The Islamic house of worship) at any time in his life. Finally, Obama abruptly left his radical Christian church in Chicago in 2008, when it became politically controversial, without first finding another church to join. On April 7, 2009, Obama visited a mosque in Istanbul, Turkey.
Barack Obama and Liberal Elitism
See also: Barack Obama and liberal elitism
Obama has consistently shown himself to be a liberal elitist who looks down on "ordinary" Americans. Asked while campaigning for the Pennsylvania primary to explain why small-town Democrats did not support him, Obama fumed "it's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." When Obama made this remark he was alluding to small-town people who had experienced long periods of joblessness. In response to predictable outrage when his remarks were unexpectedly publicized, Obama did not recant his statement but instead replied, I "didn't say it as well as I should have." Although many rural counties went for McCain, Obama carried the state with 54.6% of the vote, compared to 44.3% for John McCain.
In an attempt to counter the view held by many of Obama's elitist and bourgeois lifestyle, he began running campaign ads claiming that he "worked his way through college and Harvard Law." This claim is at best an exaggeration, as Obama only held summer jobs while in college and law school, and he would have likely benefited from special scholarships not available to most students.
Obama's Charitable Giving
For more information please see: Barack Obama and uncharitableness
In the years 2000 through 2004, before becoming a United States Senator and being in the public spotlight, Obama gave less than 2% of his earnings to charity even though he made $250,000 per year. Since becoming a national figure, that amount has jumped to about 6%.
Below is Obama's charitable giving expressed as percentage of his income for the years of 2000 to 2006 when he was earning about $250,000 per year:
- 2000: 0.9%
- 2001: 0.5%
- 2002: 0.4%
- 2003: 1.4%
- 2004: 1.2%
- 2005: 4.7%
- 2006: 6.1%
Obama's charitable giving pattern is not surprising given what we know about United States liberal politicians and charitable giving and also the charitable giving in the general population of liberals in the United States.
The influence of Maoist thought
- For more information, see Maoism
A deep strain of Maoist thought has pervaded Barack Obama's influences throughout his life and persisted in appointments he has made as President.
SDS veteran and Progressives for Obama webmaster Carl Davidson first met Barack Obama through the Chicago New Party, whose endorsement and campaign workers Obama sought and accepted in his run for the Illinois state senate in 1996. Davidson organized the October 2002 rally at Federal Plaza in Chicago where Obama was established as a chief spokesperson for anti-US foreign policy. Davidson was a leading member of the October League (OL) and the Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist), or CP(M-L) hailed by Chinese Communist Party chairman Hua Guofeng at banquet for CP(M-L) leaders in Beijing in 1977 as the semi-official Maoist party in the United States. Hua Guofeng declared the founding of the CP(ML) a “new victory of the Marxist-Leninist Movement in the U.S.” Davidson is a longtime supporter of the VVAW whose chief spokesman John Kerry charged American servicemen with war crimes. The VVAW worked in collusion with North Vietnam and the Vietcong to organize a domestic insugency and the defeat of the United States in Vietnam. In 2004 Davidson said, "the U.S government, at least over the past 50 years, has been the chief terrorist and sponsor of terrorism in the world."
Obama appointed Anita Dunn as White House Communications Office Director in April 2009. In June 2009 Dunn publicly declared herself, before a group of high students, to be a deep admirer of Chairman Mao's political philosophy. Mao is recognized as the largest mass murderer ever on the planet.
Obama appointee Van Jones was a founder of the "often vulgar Maoist" organization STORM. STORM's own literature describes the organization as laying a foundation to build "Third World communism." The group studied Lenin's theories of the state, revolution, the party, and "the political ideas of Mao Tse-tung." According to the document, the "growing Maoist orientation" within the group was a factor contributing to internal strife and the group's eventual dissolution. The document states that in addition to "the basics of Marxism, including dialectical materialism," it conducted "a group reading of Mao's On Practice and On Contradiction" and "pushed at or went beyond the limits of the traditional Marxist canon, studying such topics as revolutionary feminism, the Palestinian liberation struggle, transgender liberation, methods of evaluation, self-care for cadre and revolutionary mass [community] organizing." The group was extensively involved in the community organizing movement. In 1992 the premier Maoist organization in the United States, the Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP) and offshoot of SDS was instrumental in fomenting riots in Los Angeles in which 58 people were killed, and more than 2,300 injured in the wake of the trial of four police officers charged with beating Rodney King. Van Jones traveled from Connecticut to be on hand and was arrested in the aftermath. Van Jones is also a founding board member of Apollo Alliance for clean energy and so-called "green-collar jobs."  Jeff Jones is the New York State director of Apollo Alliance.  Jeff Jones was a member of the Maoist Action Faction of SDS and along with Ayers and Dohrn co-authored Prairie Fire: The Politics of Revolutionary Anti-imperialism based on the Sayings of Chairman Mao.
Obama fundraiser, personal friend, and former employer Dr. Bill Ayers' teaching curricula relies heavily on material that use Mao Zedong, Josef Stalin, Vladimir Lenin, and Fidel Castro as authoritative sources. Ayers has been a committed Maoist since at least 1969. Ayers is said to have ghost written part of Barack Obama's autobiography, Dreams From My Father. Ayers was a leader in the SDS's Maoist "Action Faction" which became the Weather Underground (WUO). Ayers, Jeff Jones, and Mark Rudd of Progressives for Obama paid homage to Anna Louise Strong, author of the The Thought of Mao Tse-tung, after purging deviationist elements from the SDS leadership in 1969.
Ayers wife, former FBI Top Ten Most Wanted terrorist Bernardine Dohrn, worked in the Law Firm of Sidley Austin in the late 1980s where Barack, Michelle Obama, and Dohrn first met. Dohrn participated in the purging of CPUSA elements from SDS leadership and declared the refurbished SDS leadership would be responsible for the correct Marxist-Leninist line and would exclude non-Maoist, "deviationist" views. Dohrn held the leadership position of Inter-Organizational Secretary in the SDS National Office. The Ayers/Dohrn faction of SDS formed the Weather Underground Organization. SDS Regional Community Organizer David Gilbert declared violent Third World revolution was the only way to achieve "world communism," the goal of WUO.
ACORN founder Wade Rathke was an alumnus of the Maoist dominated Students for a Democratic Society (SDS). Obama told ACORN "during the transition, we're going to be calling all of you in to help us shape the agenda. We're going to be having meetings all across the country with community organizations so that you have input into the agenda for the next presidency of the United States of America."
Jeremiah Wright and liberation theology
Obama and his wife (raised a Baptist) were members of the Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago. The church embraces black liberation theology and its emphasis on empowering so-called "oppressed groups" against "establishment forces." This denomination was the first in America to ordain gays as ministers. According to his sister, Obama was baptized at this church the same year. Obama describes his conversion in The Audacity of Hope. The title was inspired by one of Wright's sermons. After 20 years of being an active member, in April 2008 candidate Obama made public statements poised to set him at odds with the man who conducted his wedding and baptized his children. With the negative publicity persisting, a month later Obama ended the friendship, left Wright's church, and blamed the media. Obama claimed “It’s not fair to the other members of the church who seek to worship in peace...", and distanced himself from Wright's sermons as "a bunch of rants that aren't grounded in the truth." Wright had been making inflammatory comments and posting his sermons online for sale. These include the statement "G-d damn America," and in describing the September 11th attacks, "We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost." In addition, Rev. Wright blamed America saying "We supported Zionism shamelessly while ignoring the Palestinians and branding anybody who spoke out against it as being anti-Semitic."
Daniel Pipes claims that Obama was raised a Muslim because he attended classes on the Koran while attending a Muslim school. Obama did attend a school administrated by Muslims but CNN reports that it was a non-religious public school attended by students of many faiths, not a madrassa.
In Indonesia, I'd spent 2 years at a Muslim school, 2 years at a Catholic school. In the Muslim school, the teacher wrote to tell mother I made faces during Koranic studies. In the Catholic school, when it came time to pray, I'd pretend to close my eyes, then peek around the room. Nothing happened. No angels descended. Just a parched old nun and 30 brown children, muttering words. Sometimes the nun would catch me, and her stern look would force my lids back shut. But that didn't change how I felt inside." 
Obama has described his upbringing as occurring in a non-religious environment.
In sum, my mother viewed religion through the eyes of the anthropologist that she would become; it was a phenomenon to be treated with a suitable respect, but with a suitable detachment as well. Moreover, as a child I rarely came in contact with those who might offer a substantially different view of faith. My father was almost entirely absent from my childhood, having been divorced from my mother when I was 2 years old; in any event, although my father had been raised a Muslim, by the time he met my mother he was a confirmed atheist, thinking religion to be so much superstition. And yet for all her professed secularism, my mother was in many ways the most spiritually awakened person that I've ever known. She had an unswerving instinct for kindness, charity, and love, and spent much of her life acting on that instinct, sometimes to her detriment. Without the help of religious texts or outside authorities, she worked mightily to instill in me the values that many Americans learn in Sunday school: honesty, empathy, discipline, delayed gratification, and hard work. She raged at poverty and injustice.
- Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance. (B. Obama and, allegedly, William Ayers ) ISBN 0307383415
- The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream. (B. Obama) ISBN 0307455874
- Barack Obama in His Own Words. (B. Obama and Lisa Rogak) ISBN 0786720573
- Change We Can Believe In. Barack Obama's Plan to Renew America's Promise. (B. Obama)
- The Case Against Barack Obama. The Unlikely Rise and Unexamined Agenda of the Media's Favorite Candidate. (David Freddso) ISBN 1596985666
- The Obama Nation. Leftist Politics and the Cult of Personality. (Jerome R. Corsi) ISBN 1416598065
- Obama Unmasked. Did Slick Hollywood Handlers Create the Perfect Candidate? (Floyd Brown and Lee Trexler) ISBN 0936783591
- Obama: The Man Behind The Mask. (Andy Martin) ISBN 0965781240
- The Audacity of Deceit. Barack Obama's War on American Values. (Brad O'Leary) ISBN 1935071025
- Early in his campaign for president in 2007, Obama declared in an interview with the Chicago Tribune, "I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue ... my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman."
- "This country is going to honor our collective responsibility." 
- Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN)
- Birthplace of Barack Obama:
- Essay: The Special Interests Candidate
- Recovery Summer
- Lobbyists ties to the Obama administration
- Obama doublespeak
- Obama inauguration
- Religion of Barack Hussein Obama
- The Honorable James David Manning
- Young Communist League
- Hitchens, Peter The Black Kennedy: But does anyone know the real Barack Obama? Daily Mail. Accessed 4 February 2008.
- James Simpson, Barack Obama and the Strategy of Manufactured Crisis, American Thinker, September 28, 2008.
- What Is To Be Done? Burning Questions of our Movement, Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, Lenin’s Collected Works, Foreign Languages Publishing House, 1961, Moscow, Volume 5, pp. 347–530.
- The Manchurian President: Barack Obama's Ties to Communists, Socialists and Other Anti-American Extremists (April 20, 2010) by Aaron Klein, Brenda J. Elliott ISBN 1935071874
- Official Obama for President Website
- Barack Obama Personal Financial Disclosures Summary: 2005, retrieved from opensecrets.org 17 June 2007.
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- University of Chicago Law School Faculty Listing
- Barack Obama Biography from Biography.com
- New York Times Topics, Barack Obama
- Documentary on Barack Hussein Obama
- Voting Record of Barack Hussein Obama
- Obama never changed his legal name from Soetoro, HillBuzz, January 23, 2011
- When Barry Became Barack, By Richard Wolffe, Jessica Ramirez and Jeffrey Bartholet, NEWSWEEK, Mar 31, 2008 "It didn't happen overnight. But in college, the young Barry took to being called by his formal name. What this evolution tells us about him."
-  israelinsider. 14 August 2008. Accessed 23 January 2010.
- McGrew, Mark S. Barry Soetoro aka Barack Obama vs World Leaders. Pravda.ru. 19 January 2009. Accessed 23 January 2010.
- Large, high-resolution picture of his birth certificate
- KITV Honolulu report
- Obama's African grandmother Sarah Hussein Obama says Barack was born in her presence in Kenya.Obama Born In Kenya? His Grandmother Says Yes, Israeli News, October 12, 2008Democrat: Obama's grandma confirms Kenyan birth, WND, October 23, 2008Audio Conversation Link
- Obama 'Lying' About Muslim Past, Expert Says NewsMax, October 9, 2008
- Surviving against the Odds: Village Industry in Indonesia.
- FBI file Frank Marshall Davis, v.5 p. 58 pdf.
- Subversive Activities Control Act of 1950, 50 U.S. Code Chapter 23 Subchapter IV Sec. 841
- FBI File 100-15799 Frank Marshall Davis, v. 3 p. 26.
- Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, By Barack Obama, Random House, 2007, pp. 89-91, 96-98, .
- Rethinking the History and Future of the Communist Party,By Gerald Horne, Political Affairs magazine, March 28, 2007.
- Statement Supporting the People of the Congo (L.) Against U.S. Aggression (November 28, 1964), People of the World, Unite and Defeat the U.S. Aggressors and All Their Lackeys, 2nd ed., p. 14. Cited in Quotations from Mao Tse Tung from: 1927 - 1964, Mao Tse Tung, Chapter 7 Dare to Struggle and Dare to Win, Peking Foreign Languages Press, 1966. Online Version: Mao Tse Tung Internet Archive (marxists.org) 2000.
- Quoted in Black Like Mao: Black Like Mao: Red China and Black Revolution, Robin D.G. Kelley and Betsy Esche, Souls Volume 1, Number 4 Fall 1999, p. 11 in original (p. 7 pdf).
- Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance, By Barack Obama, Random House, 2007, pp. 97, 220.
- Office of the Press Secretary, April 14, 2009, whitehouse.gov
- The Jarrett Connection. Proof That Obama’s Hawaii and Chicago Communist Networks Were Linked Trevor Louden, June 01, 2009.
- From Protest to Politics:When war begins progressive work doesn’t end, Jeff Epton, In These Times, December 15, 2003. Retrieved March 15, 2010.
- Against Going to War with Iraq (2002) by Barack Obama. Delivered on Wednesday, October 2, 2002 by Barack Obama, Illinois State Senator, at the first high-profile Chicago anti-Iraq war rally (organized by Chicagoans Against War in Iraq) at noon in Federal Plaza in Chicago, Illinois. Retrieved from Wikisource.com, March 15, 2010.
- Remarks of Illinois State Sen. Barack Obama Against Going to War with Iraq, October 02, 2002. Retrieved from www.barackobama.com March 15, 2010.
- Saddam Hussein's Regime Methods of Torture
- Obama's War, Peter Wehner, Commentary, April 2008.
- Michelle Obama's old law firm defends ACORN, WorldNetDaily, December 23, 2008.
- Vote of Confidence : A huge black turnout in November 1992 altered Chicago's electoral landscape—and raised a new political star: a 31-year-old lawyer named Barack Obama, By Gretchen Reynolds, Chicago Magazine, January 1993.
- Veteran Illinois Senator Dixon Defeated - Congress, By Bob Sector, L.A. Times, March 18, 1992.
- Carol Moseley Braun, dkosopedia.com, retrieved October 25, 2009. Some sources state Moseley Braun's "outrage" was directed at the treatment of Anita Hill over her claims of sexual harassment by the nominee, however Moseley Braun voted to acquit President William Jefferson Clinton of charges stemming from a sexual harassment suit which Clinton settled by paying the aggrieved party $850,000 out of court to satisfy damage claims.
- The Stealth Candidate, Transcript, Cliff Kincaid and Herbert Romerstein, May 22, 2008, p. 16.
- House Committee on Un-American Activities, Subversive Involvement in Disruption of 1968 Democratic Party National Convention, and Hearings Before the Select Committee to Study Governmental Operations With Respect to Intelligence Activities of the United States Senate. Ninety- Fourth Congress. First Session. Volume 6. Federal Bureau of Investigation. 1976, Exhibit 68-13., cited in Communism in Chicago and the Obama Connection, Cliff Kincaid and Herbert Romerstein, usasurvival.org
- Final Talk to the Fourth Contingent, Julian Rizo DGI.
- Georgie Anne Geyer and Keyes Beach "Cuba: School for U.S. Radicals", Chicago Daily News/Chicago Sun-Times five part series October 1970, excerpted in FBI file Weather Underground Organization (Weatherman), Part 1c pp. 5-7 pdf (113-115 in original). 
- Obama once visited '60s radicals., Ben Smith, Politico, February 22, 2008.
- The Apocalyptic premise : Nuclear Arms Debated, By Ernest W. Lefever, E. Stephen Hunt, Ethics and Public Policy Center, Washington, D.C., 1982, pp. 127-137.
- FBI file Weather Underground
- Obama's 'green jobs czar' worked with terror founder Van Jones served on board of activist group where ex-Weatherman serves as top director, By Aaron Klein, WorldNetDaily, August 13, 2009.
- Harvey Klehr, Far Left of Center: The American Radical Left Today (Transaction Books, New Brunswick, 1988), 109.
- This Week, ABC News Transcript, 2 May 2010. Retrieved from LexisNexis, 3 May 2010.
- http://www.cashill.com, Who Wrote "Dreams From My Father"?, by Jack Cashill, October 9, 2008, retrieved on 10/16/2008  Cashill states that a computer comparison of Obama's so-called autobiography with that of the terrorist Bill Ayers, supports the evidence that Ayers actually wrote parts of Obama's book; also he wrote "None of this, of course, proves Ayers' authorship conclusively, but the evidence makes him a much more likely candidate than Obama to have written the best parts of Dreams". "In assessing the signature of sample passages from Dreams," the experienced analyst found "a very strong match to all of the Ayers samples" that he processed. He did not address the possibility that Ayers had plagiarized from Obama's earlier book. A philosophy professor from England disagreed.
- From the Chicago DSA website, "Candidates must be approved via a NP political committee. Once approved, candidates must sign a contract with the NP. The contract mandates that they must have a visible and active relationship with the NP. The political entourage included ...Barack Obama, chief of staff for State Sen. Alice Palmer. Obama is running for Palmer's vacant seat." Retrieved from Chicago New Party Update, by Bruce Bentley. Retrieved March 15, 2010.
- NEW PARTY (NP), discoverthenetwork.org.
- Rick Moran. Obama's Alliance with Marxists, American Thinker, June 03, 2008.
- Aaron Klein. Newspaper shows Obama belonged to socialist party, WorldNetDaily, October 24, 2008.
- JB Williams. Obama’s Well Organized Community Is Falling Apart, Canada Free Press, August 18, 2009.
- The rally was organized by Chicagoans Against War in Iraq (CAWI) later renamed Chicagoans Against War and Injustice. About CAWI by Carl Davidson, Nov 02 2006. Retrieved from Chicagoans Against War and Injustice, March 15, 2010.
- Carl Davidson, LinkedIn.com, retrieved March 13, 2010.
- About the People's Weekly World pww.org
- A turning point election, Joelle Fishman, People's Weekly World, 04/24/04.
- The CPUSA fires up its members to ‘Dump Bush!’, By Tim Wheeler, Washington correspondent, People's Weekly World , 04/24/04.
- Vernon Jarrett: a partisan journalistic giant, Dee Myles, People's Weekly World Newspaper, Jun 5, 2004.
- The person of interest in the murders of Hudson's mother, brother, and 7-year-old nephew is the estranged husband of Hudson's sister and a convicted felon who had violated his parole conditions.
- "More people have been murdered in Chicago this year than in New York - even though New York's population is three times greater. When Hudson's mother, brother and nephew were killed last month, they pushed the city's homicide total for the year to 436 and counting. New York has had 430 homicides." 
- HR 2206 - Emergency Appropriations, Kathy Gill, Your Guide to U.S. Politics: Current Events. May 26, 2007.
- Votes - H.R. 2206: Iraq Supplemental, May 28, 2007. Retrieved from Deeper Inside the Mountain, June 4, 2007.
- New York Times Best Sellers Non Fiction
-  http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2008/05/mccain_to_obama_dont_demagogue.php , McCain To Obama: Don't Demagogue The GI Bill, May 22, 2008
- Obama Can't Win Against Palin Wall Street Journal, September 11, 2008
- 2007 Senate Scorecard
- CCAGW Releases 2007 Congressional Ratings
- Special Olympics chief responds to Obama gaffe, Stacy St Clair, Chicago Tribune, March 20, 2009]
- "Obama’s finance team missed quite a few obviously troubling large donations, from such unsavory individuals as Mr. Jfggjjfgj, 'Mong Kong,' 'Test Person,' and 'Jockim Alberton,' who lives at a fictional address on a street that does not exist in Wilmington, Delaware. How many fictional characters might there be among the $220 million that Obama has collected in small, undisclosed contributions? Obama's small donors have all been recorded, and he could easily follow McCain’s lead by disclosing this major source of his campaign’s money.""Fake Donors, Phony Pledge, National Review (Oct. 22, 2008) Obama did not.
- Beneficiary Banks, New York Times. 2008-10-14.
- UBS fined $780 million in tax evasion scandal, Investment News, February 19, 2009.
- Obama is biggest recipient of BP’s political action cash in the last 20 years, John Byrne, 5 May 2010. Retrieved from rawstory.com 9 May 2010.
- Jake Tapper, Political Punch, ABC News, 5 May 2010. 
- Obama's direct copy of a Lenin poster for his Berlin visit
- The LA Times looks into the Obama-Che iconography connection by Michelle Malkin
- http://www.aapsonline.org/newsoftheday/0089 . The doctors observe that "Obama's logo is noteworthy. It is always there, a small one in the middle of the podium, providing a point of visual fixation ... [that] resembles a crystal ball, a favorite of hypnotists."
- Swaine, Jon (April 27, 2011). Birther row began with Hillary Clinton. The Telegraph. Retrieved on Aug 12, 2012.
- "White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate", Fox News
- Hamas terrorists make 2008 U.S. presidential pick, WolrdNetDaily.com, April 14, 2008.
- Pew Research Center Poll, August 2010.
- Obama Workers' Che Guevara Poster Was No Fluke from Moonbattery
- Alan Keyes: Obama Will Destroy U.S. NewsMax, February 23, 2009
- Man's worst friend? By Dana Milbank, Washington Post, April 27, 2010.
- http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/sina31103.htm. During the third and fourth grades, Obama learned about Islam for two hours each week in religion class, according to the LATimes. Campaign downplays his connection during boyhood in Indonesia, Baltimore Sun, March 16, 2007
- A Brief History of The Fourteen Infallibles. Qum: Ansariyan Publications. 2004.
- al-Qarashi, Baqir Shareef (2007). The life of Imam Husain. Qum: Ansariyan Publications.
- Only after Obama became politically ambitious did he declare himself to be a Christian, yet he never replaced his Muslim name "Hussein" with a Christian one as most do when they undergo a religious conversion. For example, when the Italian journalist Magdi Allam recently converted to Christianity, he took a new name: "Cristiano". When Saul became a Christian, he changed his name to "Paul"; when the famous boxer Cassius Clay converted to Islam, he took the Muslim name of Muhammad Ali. "It is common for those converting to a new religion to change their name on conversion" or adopt a Christian name at baptism.
- Obama declared, "John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith."
- Barack Obama's Christian Journey | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008
- For example, Obama writes in his own autobiography, "Only Malcolm X's autobiography seemed to offer something different. His repeated acts of self-creation spoke to me. The blunt poetry of his words, his unadorned insistence on respect, promised a new and uncompromising order, martial in its discipline, forged through sheer force of will. ... [E]ven as I imagine myself following Malcolm's call, one line in the book stayed with me. He spoke of a wish he'd once had, the wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged."
-  Text of the agreement, as three images: 
- In his book, Obama oddly claims to have been baptized without giving his age or date, and later gave a date that postdates his political ambition (1992).
- Wolffe: President Missed Rev. Wright’s Racist Rants Because 'He Wasn’t Much of a Churchgoer' NewsBusters.org, June 16, 2009
- Obama repeatedly pronounced "Pakistan" as "Pokiston" in the first presidential debate.
- Obama, ACORN, and the churches SperoNews, October 7, 2008
- Obama Organized Farrakhan’s ‘Million Man March’, NowPublic.com, April 2, 2008
- Video of Obama bowing almost to King's waist
- Georgetown hides Jesus' name at request of Obama's White House
- Lawmakers upset over Obama's 2nd anti-Vegas remark, WashingtonPost, February 2, 2010
- Obama job approval highest among Muslim, Chicago Tribune, August 29, 2010
- Reply to Carl Davidson, 15 Mar 2005. Progressive Economists Network List (PEN-L) Internet discussion. The poster states, "Any investigation of the 1970s will reveal that the "New Communist Movement" evolved more than less outside the Soviet ideological polarity, with many clinging to their particular conception of Mao Ze Tung Thought. During the 1973-1975 period Mr. Davidson did conduct polemics against Trotskyism in the pages of the Guardian and this is perhaps the reason for the current continuing dispute. At that time I was a member of the Communist League in Detroit and Mr. Davidson was a leading member of the October League which sided with the China polarity in the "Sino-Soviet" split rather than taking marching orders from the Kremlin."
- Chronology of Political Events, Part Four 1975-1980. Max Elbaum. Retrieved from Revolution In The Air: Sixties Radicals Turn to Lenin, Mao and Che, March 16, 2010. Exerpted:
1977- June 4–5: October League holds founding convention of Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist) - CP(ML); Mike Klonsky is chair...
August 12–18: Eleventh Congress of the Chinese Communist Party. Mao and the Cultural Revolution are given positive assessments but the Congress officially declares the Cultural Revolution ended. That same month, CPC chair Hua Guofeng and U.S. CP(M-L) chair Mike Klonsky exchange toasts at banquet for CP(M-L) leaders in Beijing; this is effective recognition of the CP(M-L) as the semi-official pro-China party in the U.S. The June founding of the CP(ML) had been hailed by a top CPC leader as a “new victory of the Marxist-Leninist Movement in the U.S.”...
1979- Beginning of crisis and collapse of CP(ML)... In early 1979 there was also a trip to China by representatives of CP(ML), LRS, RWH, PUL, BACU and other “pro-China” collectives as part of the efforts to build unity among all those who supported the CPC and the Three Worlds Theory, but the Chinese do not press the groups to unite although they effectively withdraw the idea (as does CP(ML) itself) that the CP(ML) is “the” party in the U.S...
U.S. Peace Council, with CP activists in pivotal positions, is founded...
- VVAW Letter of Support, The Veteran, Spring 2004 (Volume 34, Number 1).
- Directive on the American Antiwar Movement captured by US military forces in South Vietnam on May 12, 1972, is a communist Directive designed to motivate discussions within Vietnam about promoting the ongoing antiwar activities in the United States. The fifth paragraph of this document makes clear that the Vietnamese communists were utilizing for their propaganda purposes the activities of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War. The protest described as occurring from April 19 through April 22, 1971 coincides directly with the dates of Dewey Canyon III, the Washington, DC, protest led by John Kerry, during which John Kerry's testimony before Senator Fulbright's Foreign Relations Committee was a televised centerpiece. The description of the protest activities in the Directive even include the "return their medals" ceremony in which John Kerry and other VVAW members threw their medals and/or ribbons toward the steps of the US Capitol, with several shouting threats of violence against their government as they did so.Retrieved from www.wintersoldier.com, March 16, 2010.
- John Kerry and the VVAW: Hanoi's American Puppets? Newly discovered documents link Vietnam Veterans Against the War to Vietnamese communists, Jerome R. Corsi and Scott Swett. Retrieved from www.wintersoldier.com, March 16, 2010.
- The 2004 Elections, Carl Davidson, May 20, 2004. Retrieved from zcommunications.org, March 18, 2010.
- Maoist in the White House, Dr. George Reisman, Ludwig von Mises Institute, October 19, 2009.
- Revolutionaries in High Places- Van Jones, by adamfreedom March 23, 2009.
- Obama File 72 Obama Appoints "Former" Communist To White House "Green Job", Trevor Louden, April 06, 2009.
- Machete 48
- Reclaiming Revolution: history, summation & lessons from the work of Standing Together to Organize a Revolutionary Movement (STORM), Spring 2004, p.15 pdf.
- Ibid, p. 23 pdf.
- Ibid, p. 25 pdf.
- Ibid, pp. 8, 10, 15 pdf.
- Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP). Retrieved from dicoverthenetworks.org, March 8, 2010.
- Unholy Alliance: The "Peace Left" and the Islamic Jihad Against America, David Horowitz and John Perazzo, FrontPageMagazine.com, April 13, 2005. Retrieved March 11, 2010.
- Van Jones, 'Green Jobs Czar', a self-described 'communist' arrested during Rodney King riots, Kathy Shaidle, July 17, 2009. Retrieved from examiner.com March 11, 2010.
- Speech delivered to the 6th Annual Distressed Investing Forum Union Club, New York, February 27–28, 2008, BriebartTV, Retrieved February 15, 2010.
- Bill Ayers Unmasked, Bethany Stotts, August 25, 2009, Accuracy in Academia. Retrieved February 15, 2010.
- Foreign Influence - Weather Underground Organization (WUO). FBI Chicago Field Office Report, August 20, 1976. Section I. Ideology D. Influence of Marxism-Leninism-Mao Tse-tung Thought, Pages 55-62 in original (pp. 18-25 pdf).
- Who Wrote “Dreams From My Father"?, by Jack Cashill, October 9, 2008.
- The thought of Mao Tse-Tung, Anna Louise Strong, Published in 1947, Amerasia (New York).
- Foreign Influence - Weather Underground Organization (WUO). FBI Chicago Field Office Report, August 20, 1976, Influence of China, Pages 144-145 in original (pp. 32-33 pdf).
- Of the nearly $700 million dollars Barack Obama raised in 2008 to run for President, Sidley Austin was the 9th largest donor to the campaign. Barack Obama (D) Top Contributors', Center For Responsive Politics. Retrieved from opensecrets.org, March 2, 2010.
- Foreign Influence - Weather Underground Organization (WUO). FBI Chicago Field Office Report, August 20, 1976. Page 202 in original (p. 17 pdf). Gilbert reiterated the WUO's founding statement from You Don't Need A Weatherman To Know Which Way The Wind Blows, New Left Notes, June 18, 1969, reprinted in the Chicago Field Office Report, Section I. Ideology. A. Major Political Statements, pp. 6-15 original (pp. 39-48 pdf), which reads in part, "The goal is the destruction of US imperialism and the achievement of a classless world: world communism. Winning state power in the US will occur as a result of the military forces of the US overextending themselves around the world..." (p.41 pdf).
- A Tale of Two Community Organizers, Elinor Lynn Warner, American Thinker, November 19, 2009.
- Unearthed! Obama's twisted ACORN roots, Chelsea Schilling, WorldNetDaily, Track timeline of president's ties to group immersed in scandals, September 18, 2009.
- Scope of Soviet activity in the United States. Hearing before the Subcommittee to Investigate the Administration of the Internal Security Act and Other Internal Security Laws of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Eighty-fourth Congress, second session - Eighty-fifth Congress, first session. Washington, U.S. Govt. Print. Off. (1956), p. 2865 (p. 14 pdf).
- http://www.mcclatchydc.com/227/story/31079.html, Obama's church pushes controversial doctrines, March 20, 2008
- , Obama Drops Church Membership in Chicago, May 31, 2008
- USA TODAY, Obama breaks with former pastor, Candidate cites rants on U.S. role in terror, AIDS, by Kathy Kiely and David Jackson 
- Obama Says He Is Outraged By Wright's "Rants"
- Obama's Pastor: G-d Damn America, U.S. to Blame for 9/11
- Was Barack Obama a Muslim
- Dreams from My Father, by Barack Obama, p.142 Aug 1, 1996
- My Spiritual Journey Time Magazine, October 2006
- Anti Obama.net
- Don’t Vote For Obama.net
- Nobama Network
- Audacity Of Hypocrisy
- The Real Barack Obama
- The New Cult of Personality
- Surviving Obamunism T-shirts
- Barack Obama the Anti-Christ ?
- Che, Obama, and the Revolutionary Agenda
- Obama Laundry List of Lies
- GAFFNEY: America's first Muslim president? Washington Times
- Barack Obama and Islam. by John L. Esposito.
- Ancestry of Barack Obama.