Recep Tayyip Erdoğan
Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is a Turkish politician, a former mayor of Istanbul and the Prime Minister of the Republic of Turkey since 14 March 2003. He is also the chairman of the Justice and Development Party (AK Parti), which holds a majority of the seats in the Turkish Parliament. John Kerry criticized Erdogan for his equal enforcement of Zionism with Fascism. He was also criticized by the conservative governor Rick Perry for his aggression against the jewish state Israel. Erdoğan said that Hamas is a "resistance group". After Omar Hassan al-Bashir caused a genocide against Christians, Erdoğan defended Bashir and answered: 'Muslims Don't Cause Genocide'. During a visit in the Gaza Strip, Erdoğan said he “hopes that his visit can contribute to the process [of establishing a Palestinian state].” During the Syrian Civil War he supported the Muslim Brotherhood. In 2013 Erdoğan beat the secular protests against the government violently down and started to censor the media. In March 2014 he banned Twitter.
Erdoğan is pro-life. He wants to curb abortion.
- ↑ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recep_Tayyip_Erdo%C4%9Fan
- ↑ http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/01/official-kerry-to-rap-turkey-pm-for-remark/
- ↑ http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/01/17/perry-draws-turkey-rebuke-over-debate-comments/
- ↑ http://frontpagemag.com/2013/ryan-mauro/israels-apology-crowns-turkeys-erdogan-leader-of-islamist-world/
- ↑ http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134297
- ↑ http://frontpagemag.com/2013/charles-bybelezer/mainstreaming-hamas/
- ↑ http://frontpagemag.com/2013/joseph-puder/the-widening-turkey-saudi-arabia-rift/
- ↑ http://frontpagemag.com/2013/michael-van-der-galien/inside-the-turkish-protests/
- ↑ http://frontpagemag.com/2013/michael-van-der-galien/the-heart-of-erdogans-darkness/
- ↑ http://cnsnews.com/news/article/turkey-blocks-twitter-over-graft-recordings
- ↑ http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/06/03/turkish-women-protest-plans-to-curb-abortion/