There are significant personal benefits to conservatism. It is particularly powerful and useful in combating:
- obesity and other addictions
- anxiety and wasting time
- deceit and bias
- temptation of all kinds
and in encouraging:
- self-improvement and self-reliance
- seeking the truth and standing up for it
- an advanced command and understanding of English as is shown by conservative terms being generated at a faster rate and with much higher quality than liberal terms are. This implies an inevitable conservative triumph over liberalism.
Conservative benefits include all of the following:
- it recognizes that ideas, particularly political ideas, do have serious personal consequences
- it recognizes that politics and culture are adversarial and deceitful, and helps one filter the falsehoods
- it allows one to speak and think freely without distortion by political correctness
- it enables one to rise above his personal likes and dislikes
- it recognizes the importance of personal self-defense, mentally and physically
- it encourages a personal frugality that doesn't waste other people's money ... or one's own
- it encourages self-restraint that is invaluable in combating addiction, temptation, and obesity
- it encourages self-sufficiency and self-help rather than dependency
- it facilitates genuine personal charity, with all its spiritual benefits
- it is shared across all religions and cultures
- it facilitates extraordinary insights and epiphanies
- it helps tremendously in raising and educating the next generation, including one's own children
- it appreciates law and order, and the personal value in adhering to it
- it helps one to realize the potential of every human life
- it reinforces the ideal that if one works hard enough, he can be anything that he wants to be
- it encourages family values, mainly financial and emotional assistance within the family as opposed to a centralized bureaucracy
- it instills a sense of pride in one's country, which is crucial to becoming a contributing member of its society
It is difficult for widows to remarry because there are relatively few single men available beyond age 50. Only 8% of women who become widows between ages 55 and 64 remarry, and only 2% of women who become widows after age 64 remarry. Also, it becomes difficult to remain attractive as one grows older.
But at a conservative conference in early 2010, an informal survey found a remarriage rate of nearly 100% by the conservative widows in attendance. These results are likely to be found in other samples.
- ↑ For example, a belief in legalized drugs can lead to drug use and its harm.
- ↑ Often a debate with a liberal comes down to what he likes and does not like.
- ↑ "There are 11 million widows to 2.6 million widowers, a ratio of 4.3 to 1. Within 25 years, some demographers predict, the gap could widen to 10 to 1."