Essay: Atheism facing a two front war and Christianity will prevail
Christian apologists have been unrelenting in their attacks upon atheist ideology post New Atheism and in 2011 an atheist worried that New Atheism may ultimately backfire. Furthermore, global creationism is growing.
The two front war atheists face
Germany began losing WWII soon after the evolutionary racist Adolf Hitler ignited a two front war. As a result of this decision, Germany was ground down simultaneously on two fronts - particularly on the Eastern Front where they sustained heavy losses (The German armed forces incurred 80% of its military fatalities in the Eastern Front).
In terms of the Christianity front, there is a general Christian apologetics front (existence of God, resurrection of Jesus, etc.) and a creation apologetics front. In addition, there is the issue of the growth of evangelical Christianity and atheists shrinking in terms of their percentage of the world's population (see: Global atheism statistics).
2. Will Christendom step up its anti-atheism efforts now that there are definite signs they have momentum? See: Decline of global atheism
Recent reports about the teaching of creationism increasing
On February 24, 2015, the Science Nordic website declared: "Creationism has particularly been on the rise in step with the internet, which according to Peter Kjærgaard has made it much easier for people to become activists..."
Johns Hopkins University Press reported in 2014: "Over the past forty years, creationism has spread swiftly among European Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Hindus, and Muslims, even as anti-creationists sought to smother its flames."
Germantown Now: June 17, 2015: "An estimated 15 schools in the Milwaukee-Racine voucher program were teaching creationism in 2013. A 2013 investigation revealed more than 300 schools nationwide that accept vouchers were teaching creationism."
Education Week, June 4, 2015: School Vouchers for All? Nevada Law Breaks New Ground.
History of the growth of creationism and its effect on Christendom
Growing evidence that atheists are weary and lacking in confidence
There is growing evidence that atheists are battle weary and running scared on the Atheism vs. Christianity front and are bitterly divided:
1. The agnostic professor Eric Kaufmann, Birbeck College, University of London, UK, 2010:
"Worldwide, the march of religion can probably only be reversed by a renewed, self-aware secularism. Today, it appears exhausted and lacking in confidence... Secularism's greatest triumphs owe less to science than to popular social movements like nationalism, socialism and 1960s anarchist-liberalism. Ironically, secularism's demographic deficit means that it will probably only succeed in the twenty-first century if it can create a secular form of 'religious' enthusiasm." 
- See also: Desecularization
2. The Oxford University Professor Daniel Came wrote to the New Atheist Richard Dawkins:: "The absence of a debate with the foremost apologist for Christian theism is a glaring omission on your CV and is of course apt to be interpreted as cowardice on your part." - The Telegraph, 2011
- See also: Atheism and cowardice
Per capita atheists and agnostics in America give significantly less to charity than theists even when church giving is not counted for theists (See: Atheism and uncharitableness and Atheism and social justice).
3. On September 27, 2014 in a blog post entitled The Atheist Disillusionment, the prominent atheist PZ Myers declared:
"I will make a prediction, right here and now.... The number of people identifying as atheists will stagnate or even shrink, because organized atheism is happily in the process of destroying itself with regressive social attitudes, scandals, and their bizarre focus on irrelevant metaphysical differences that don’t help people...
Unless we change.
I don’t know that we can."
- See also: Atheism, social justice and hypocrisy
4. "Did anyone on Dawkins AMA ask how he feels about singlehandedly destroying the atheist movement with the Dear Muslima yet?" - Atheist activist and blogger Jen McCreight post at Twitter on November 26, 2013
For more information, please see:
- What is the third wave of Christian backlash coming against the new militant atheists. Will it come at the worst possible time?
- Science Nordic - 5 year study
- Article citing Johns Hopkins University Press - Book Review
- School vouchers: Nevada Law Breaks New Ground
- Professor Jacques Berlinerblau tells atheists: Stop whining!
- Shall the religious inherit the earth? - Academic paper
- Richard Dawkins accused of cowardice for refusing to the debate the existence of God
- Pew Forum - Religion Tables
- The Atheist Disillusionment by PZ Myers
- Jen McCreight Twitter post